Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Codger

Valheita
Red Kutai

Now, you are just begging for this analogy to be drawn too far. whee

That said, I have every intention of bearing my yoke for some time to come. I bought myself a Boardwalk pass, and one of each pet thus far (excluding the OMG, but I bought two Kikis - it evens out), and plan to keep buying pets as long as they keep releasing them. I may not be the hardest-pulling horse, but I have every intention of being one of the longest-pulling ones. 3nodding

Finally, I leave you with a bit of advice that is frighteningly consistent in its relevance: any analogy which equates people with livestock is inherently troublesome. Just watch out for that... sweatdrop
It was intended to be a troublesome one to provoke thought. xd

Indeed; a regular zOMGadfly, you are. wink

And we, I suppose, the slow and dimwitted horse(s)... sweatdrop

Rainbow Hunter

Red Kutai

Finally, I leave you with a bit of advice that is frighteningly consistent in its relevance: any analogy which equates people with livestock is inherently troublesome. Just watch out for that... sweatdrop

HAHA!! I thought of you, and of that quote, immediately when I read the opening post. lol

If I'm staying in the horse analogy to build my reply, I'd have to say that, having arrived in zOMG! only half a year ago, I still feel like a happy, dancing foal that is still so full of a silly happiness about meeting the other horses and getting to help pull the carriage at all, that it half of the time even doesn't notice the carrots.
Does that make sense? biggrin

Admirer

25,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I like pulling the carriage, for the sake of being a horse.

Friendly Warlord

I'd pull the carriage as far as I want, I like a challenge, and I won't give up just like that.

EDIT: Darn quoted this instead of editing. -.-

Here was the edit though. o3o

Oh yeah, carrots are probably the only vegetable I eat now except when cooked. o3o

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Red Kutai
Valheita
Red Kutai

That said, I have every intention of bearing my yoke for some time to come. I bought myself a Boardwalk pass, and one of each pet thus far (excluding the OMG, but I bought two Kikis - it evens out), and plan to keep buying pets as long as they keep releasing them. I may not be the hardest-pulling horse, but I have every intention of being one of the longest-pulling ones. 3nodding

It was intended to be a troublesome one to provoke thought. xd

Indeed; a regular zOMGadfly, you are. wink

And we, I suppose, the slow and dimwitted horse(s)... sweatdrop
I wouldn't accuse horses of being slow and dimwitted xd

Undead Enchantress

They used crack as fertilizer for the carrots.

Shy Borg

That's the whole point. It aint cheap to maintain this stuff.

Invisible Visionary

17,050 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Often times I push myself unnecessarily hard and never get any recognition.. So I assume in your metaphor it would just be the same case.
I'm steadfast and passionate about the game's development.. and have been here from the beginning. I haven't given up yet.. quite frankly, I don't want to even think about myself giving up on it.. I'll admit, even though i may not know were the limit may lie, I know that there is one that i'll reach. People are just going to think i'm a total dumb s**t for not abandoning ship ages ago.
sweatdrop Even though some may already think so.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
carrots are tasty.
i dont buy the buddies with my actual money, i either save up in g-cash from the offers or by the good ones off the mp

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Red Kutai

what he said^

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Not me. I have no temptation for carrots. I actually have done nothing to support zOMG except play the game. I have absolute no interest in revives, BB pass, and the pets. If they create a CoCo companion, I might get it.

Unbeatable Lunatic

13,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Valheita
I'll start out by explaining my analogy. You, the players, are a team of horses. Your continued payments for pets etc.. are you pulling the carriage. The carriage here being zOMG! "development".

To keep you pulling the carriage, they tempt you with juicy carrots. Undermountain, Buccaneer Boardwalk, Durem Mines, Isle de Gambino, Epic Recipes etc...

My question is: How many of you are still pulling the carriage, in desperate yearning for those delicious carrots which you'll never get >.>;; ?

Also, I'm curious as to how much longer you're willing to pull the carriage, if you haven't given up already.

Although there are still many horses willing to run for those oh so delicious carrots, many of the older working horses, have realized that the sweet looking grass in that field over there are just as good if not better, because it's not tied to a string and held out of reach.

arisa_jem's Fangirl

Hitched Regular

7,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I hate chasing carrots that I know I will never get. I'm too old to keep dragging the carriage around, especially when the driver won't take the time to keep it well-maintained.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Can I say that I've been chewing my bridle quite a bit lately... but that I'm still firmly stuck inside this giant skinner box? Shame. I'm sure any other online game would kill for a userbase as dedicated as ours...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff