Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

*O* Oh, I love draft horses the most.

I bought a buddy from each new batch they bring forth. But I do believe
I said I would be done buying them, even if it 'supports' the game, until they
release ones that I really want. I got rid of the coatl even though I buy with
real money. I just didn't want it and really only bought it in the first place to
try and help out in the tiny way I can.

I don't really know what more I can do aside from support the game on the
forums and with purchasing stuff when it appeals to me.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Snarky Survivor

20,390 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
I usually buy stuff as I want stuff, if I have enough. I mainly get g-cash through watching videos on the offers. I bought a head start, a Kiki buddy and revives. If there's a buddy I want, I'll get it if I have the money, but won't go out of my way to get it using real money (except for the first one, and with a few other exceptions for the site in general). If I run out of revives, I'll buy more, and the same for superchargers, but that's usually about it unless there's a headstart tickets.

Also, a lot of people here like carrots. During one of [ JK ]'s meats we all said we wanted to be turned into carrots during the Easter event rofl
I actually refuse to pay for games, I'll only play them for 2 weeks, then they get old. So I stop playing them again. stare xd

Mega Nerd

Valheita
Also, I'm curious as to how much longer you're willing to pull the carriage, if you haven't given up already.

This horse has more or less thrown off the yoke and is nibbling the daisies at the side of the road.

I'll pick up the yoke and put it on again for parades (events) and when friends are getting together to have carriage drag races (doing PS or SS or DS when friends need help), but playing in and of itself doesn't interest me a whole lot anymore. And the customization to the yoke that players have been doing to make it interesting (EB farming, etc.) have been scraped off the leather. Never let it be said I couldn't torture an analogy.

The tl;dr version: been there, done that.

It doesn't help that Buccaneer Boardwalk is still pay to play. I don't care that it's labeled a "headstart" ticket. It's been months - it's no longer a headstart, it's the whole race. It walks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, it's a duck. I fully expect any other new areas will also be pay to play.

And I HATE carrots in real life. Nasty tasting things.

Wheezing Warlord

Honestly, I'm only pulling the carriage with Cash I get from offers.
      I watch videos and submit e-mail addresses to mailing lists pretty much nightly.
      Helps me get to sleep.

And I'll keep doing that as long as I need to.
      I'm not so much chasing carrots as just going along with the knowledge that, if we stop pulling the carriage, the carriage company we work for will go into bankruptcy and we'll end up as metaphorical glue.

Omnipresent Wolf

At one point in time I used to "pull the carriage"- but during January was the month I did the most pulling (in buying of zOMG! items).
I bought a couple of headstart tickets and an OMG pet or two. I honestly thought it'd help; but when news came out of Mavdoc being laid off, I realized then and there that it was, at least in my perspective, a hopeless endeavor.

I still buy a zOMG! item every once in awhile... (I bought a good few of those outlaw pups- they are the best out of all the other pets~<3 )

But, in my honest opinion, I now feel that zOMG! is dead where it stands... |:

From what I hear, the remaining devs are working on things like Monster Galaxy. I'm actually happy about that, because that means that (hopefully) it'll be on the main site soon, so that I can play it once more. 3nodding

So, sticking to the whole horse analogy thingy, I've run from the carriage company (that being zOMG!), and I just run with the wind; eating sugar cubes instead of carrots. :U
I'll keep on pulling the carriage as long as there's a carriage to pull.

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
Getting away from a ******** obnoxious metaphor, I'll say I'll support zOMG! for as long as I can stand it, and where I can reasonably afford to. I do cash offers, buy cards every now and then, and wait for an item to wow me. They'll wow me when they make anchor bugs into pets. (Yes, I think they're cute. Yes, I know it's weird.)

And I'll play whenever time allows me, and voice my opinion on where I think it could improve. I think things are currently looking up for the game, actually, though it clearly will be very slow traveling to the awesome parts.

Gracious Lover

15,300 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Heckler 50
  • Pie For All! 300
The only carrot that keeps me playing is the 14karat gold I get from it. dramallama Everything else can gtfo.

Jubella's Fangirl

Unholy Slayer

As an analogical horse, I have a hard time associating carrots with pleasure, since every time I'm offered one I get beaten with the whip after I've eaten it.

Seriously. Gaia's actions against the game & devs even after the community has shelled out tons of support (financial support included) for zOMG does not make me feel like my effort will actually have any positive impact on the game at all. It only makes me feel like a fool that continues to line Gaia's pockets when they threaten the part of the site I love. So the only financial support I show is by purchasing things with free gaia cash or by purchasing in the MP.

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
There comes a time when even the most dim-witted of horses realises that no matter how hard or how fast or how far they pull the carriage they are never going to get to the carrot. I'm way past that point, and I'm just plodding along, because that's what horses do. If the carriage comes too, okay.

Perfect Saint

Someone mentioned about crack and carrots. I blame crack and carrots too.
zOMG is still a big draw for me since combines my dress up fetishes with MMO kickbuttery.
I encourage others to pull the carriage by buying pets form the marketplace!

Fanatical Consumer

If I was a horse I'd be too fat and lazy to pull anything.

On a serious note, I don't view the carrots (new content) as my motivation to keep the game alive, I see it as a bonus. I enjoy playing zOMG!, it kills time and helps me procrastinate on my school work. Therefore, why shouldn't I want to keep it around. Not to mention it gives me gold to buy what I want. I've done my part to help zOMG!. I bought four buddies, the BB headstart ticket, and a few powerups here and there. New content is just something to be excided about when it finally arrives, not something to whine and moan about when one doesn't get it. At least that's my view.

Also, I hate carrots, can they be cheeseburgers instead?

Dapper Flip-Flopper

I only love honey glazed or caramelized carrots,(If the promise is truly juicy or has a real chance of happening[like we get some animation's, test screenies then yes)they look yummy but I mostly buy the pets I like or that can match my interest or avie XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff