Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Mage The Red
Viette Cintare
Shitposting is shitposting, no matter how many "good reasons" you slap onto it.

call it shitposting if you want. Just telling people what I view is right or wrong and why it's so.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Viette Cintare
Mage The Red
Viette Cintare

call it shitposting if you want. Just telling people what I view is right or wrong and why it's so.
Yet you can't take a little criticism. lol

You're gonna have to develop a thick skin, or learn to back up your claims, kiddo. Because while you were doing something that was nice, you buckled awfully quick when people disagreed with you.

Distinct Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Mage The Red
Viette Cintare
Mage The Red
Viette Cintare

Yet you can't take a little criticism. lol

You're gonna have to develop a thick skin, or learn to back up your claims, kiddo. Because while you were doing something that was nice, you buckled awfully quick when people disagreed with you.

I must be blind to not be able to see what was so wrong with it though.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Viette Cintare
To be frank, there was maybe 4-5 people that disagreed with you? We all explained why, with varying reasons/logic. You don't have to follow what we say to the T, but at the same time, you could at least recognize the logic behind our comments.

Even with my comment, I went into detail multiple times throughout the thread, explaining my argument. So I don't really know what else to tell you. neutral

Distinct Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Mage The Red

I'll reread and get back to you on it. Thank you, really. But I can't experiment with tanking anymore aahfshdkfhsdk

Distinct Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

Hunter's Bow: I really didn't plan to do damage with this in my set of course lol. but I'll add in optional ring to pick when tanking along with hack, slash, solar, etc. I just use this to quick start a room and for no other purpose whatsoever.

Fitness: I didn't have much knowledge about fitness except that it added to overall stats, based on that I assumed it added to health, but apparently it doesn't so I should've edited that out (I did sleep before deciding to re-edit this in the morning) the health increase must've been from CL rather than fitness. Sorry for this SLIGHT misunderstanding.

Soloing: It's not like you can stop them from soloing once they've started, and it is your job to heal regardless. You just tell the soloer to suck it up and kill what they aggro.

"
Please, let me tell you why this is wrong.

In numerous crews, I've Tanked. YM, GM, you name it. Let's say you have about 6 mobs, and I aggro 5 of them. The crew mobs all 5 of them, but I stay in the same place that I originally chose. If I have held aggro well enough, not only can my crew safely attack the last enemy, but the enemy will not suddenly begin to attack them, either. It will remain quite passive.

Just because a mob hasn't noticed you, or aggro'd onto you, doesn't mean you aren't building aggro against it. If you need physical proof of such, allow me to take you on a YM Reg run sometime. I'll take my normal Tank set, and I'll purposefully not aggro everything, then allow the crew to attack it. I guarantee that said enemy will not attack, nor will it aggro onto me."

Mage, I can't experiment on this, but from how I've tanked previously once they begin to attack it regardless of my healing, It still goes berserk on them. and I count my heals as much as i can. Again, a tank doesn't have a choice but to heal the people that get hurt.

Mon's Pardner

Rebel Entrepreneur

16,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
hello, im from the old era, and i have yet to see how efficient hunters bow is really in a GM set for tank. ive done Healing/DPS tank/roles with all kinds of sets, but i never seen anyone bring up HB
as i remember even in YM, hunters bow was not very good dps, i saw solars/Shuri and HF used more.
i wasnt able to read the whole guide because you brought it down but i have to ask did you used a specific set with hunters with bonus?

i am curios and semi interested , but will all the comments and replys i saw here. its looking doubtful, ill be more than happy to tell you about the difference between "old schooler" sets and "modern"sets, and why they were made. but please dont mix them up. ^^

Omnipresent Warlord

iFaiji
hello, im from the old era, and i have yet to see how efficient hunters bow is really in a GM set for tank. ive done Healing/DPS tank/roles with all kinds of sets, but i never seen anyone bring up HB
as i remember even in YM, hunters bow was not very good dps, i saw solars/Shuri and HF used more.
i wasnt able to read the whole guide because you brought it down but i have to ask did you used a specific set with hunters with bonus?

i am curios and semi interested , but will all the comments and replys i saw here. its looking doubtful, ill be more than happy to tell you about the difference between "old schooler" sets and "modern"sets, and why they were made. but please dont mix them up. ^^

Simply for luring enemies which could be done easier and faster with solar or hot foot with the added bonus of solar's grue protection and hf's debuff. The guide was specifically for YM farming with some of the advice of the guide inapplicable to tanking anywhere else.

Mon's Pardner

Rebel Entrepreneur

16,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Omnileech
iFaiji

Simply for luring enemies which could be done easier and faster with solar or hot foot with the added bonus of solar's grue protection and hf's debuff. The guide was specifically for YM farming with some of the advice of the guide inapplicable to tanking anywhere else.
ah, i see, i thought i saw talking about GM sets and so it intrigued me. thanks for clearning that up Omni :3 heart
as long as they dont start saying Cat and Tape should be brought back in in perma sets were good xD

Tenacious Sage

Viette Cintare
wtf happened here o.o I just had to go to bed and study.

Tell me I'm wrong emotion_kirakira

as for the #3) on the aggro part, I'm editing as of now since even if it doesn't notice me and I group heal the people that are getting hit by it, It would still end up attacking me.

But, I'm scrapping this thread for now. Do you guys even understand what under construction means?

Eh, if it seems like you have reserved your spots and said your stuff, people here quickly jump to critique. ^^;

Okie and I think this is why people said Bow isn't good: while it does have long range, the long range isn't very helpful in YM. Yes it helps aggro up a room, but so does any attack. If you are looking for range, I personally, as a tank, take HF or Shuri because it had decent range and technically generates a bit more hate in the end. Also, a lot of tanks when they are only tanking 1-2 monsters tend to help with the killing efforts (mainly due to boredom, also good for maintaining aggro) and Bow's low DPS is well disheartening and not the most effective. 3nodding

Tenacious Sage

Viette Cintare

Mage, I can't experiment on this, but from how I've tanked previously once they begin to attack it regardless of my healing, It still goes berserk on them. and I count my heals as much as i can. Again, a tank doesn't have a choice but to heal the people that get hurt.

Okie, sounds stupid, but are you 100% sure that you aggro'd the monster to begin with? Since if it hasn't move towards you at all (in the beginning, obviously not talking if it reset), it may have not been aggro'd at all (until poor DPS attacks it.)
Now I have several different reasons as to why you might think this:
1) Wolves. From what I've noticed wolves follow a different aggro rule than vamps and I damage them first the heal to gain the most aggro. I am not sure why this is the case, but I also loose aggro easily on them if it's just pure heals.
2) You have some very effective DPSers, to a fault. If you call in earlier and you have the "KILLKILLKILLKILLKILL" guy then the monsters will obviously quickly change from you to him/her. Since obviously you don't see the DPS attacks half the time (imagine if we all saw all of everyone else's attacks. Lagathon!) then it is a good chance that thye are stealing aggro especially if the tank is using SC's a lot (they don't generate any aggro) or not keeping up a lot with the healing for whatever reasons.
But let's take my counter example: I am say tanking some vamps. It is going fine, DPS is good. However, at half health the vamp starts to attack them. Clearly because I went in first, and had aggro till then I was #1 on their hate list. But then since I'm not anymore then the DPS must have stolen aggro from me. Since we know that aggro can only be stolen (after line of sight) in three ways: attacking, healing, and debuffing (though you seriously are debuffing too much if you steal aggro like that) and hopefully the DPS isn't healing me, thus thye must have stolen aggro by attacking most then I could heal myself in hate (Fun fact!: Healing generates .5 aggro point for 1HP healed, and attacking 1 aggro point for 1HP damaged.) Thus like I said in number #2, maybe you have so little to heal, or "aren't keeping up" with it that the attackers can easily gain aggro 3nodding
So I think from that, we can agree that monsters don't randomly go berserk in YM? emotion_kirakira

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Viette Cintare
Again hunter's bow was chosen since this is a Tanking guide; not a dps guide. It's only for quickstarting a room and getting a vamp/wolf unreset from the other edge of the room. A tank wouldn't need the damage; that's the dpses job. Unless you're planning to go hybrid on it and bring a tank and dps set; but I'm not teaching DPS Tanking here.

I'm teaching Tanking.

Yes, but that doesn't mean a Tank can't do damage themselves...
Just like a BU doesn't just have to stand there and heal and be ready when the Kite does die, it has to attack too.
Even in BL the tank attacks Kamila.
Why waste a spot on a useless ring when you can take something much more effective?

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Viette Cintare

not really regrettable. I'm just not open to this criticism c: I tank almost 90% of my YM crews, I must've just stated something wrong rather than known it wrong. And I believe the people backing me up know this too. I'll stick to dps, but thank you yum_puddi

We were really just trying to take the small flaws out, maybe not even flaws, just things that weren't 100% correct. I have tanked almost all of my YM crews for about 10 months now, I have experimented with different attacks, passives, with/without meat, even without diagnose or bandage (because I salvaged it by accident/it was glitched emo ). Most of us were really just trying to tell you their experiences or what they found out that hasn't really been stated that much before, so you couldn't know. We weren't trying to attack you or give you that kind of criticism and you most certainly shouldn't give up on Tanking, you just gotta experiment. And you should finish the guide with the few adjustments (mostly the hunters bow cause it almost made me cry).
I'm sorry for ruining your thread earlier, but I really had to say something about it, I didn't think this was gonna happen.

Distinct Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Meguriuta
Viette Cintare

Okie, sounds stupid, but are you 100% sure that you aggro'd the monster to begin with? Since if it hasn't move towards you at all (in the beginning, obviously not talking if it reset), it may have not been aggro'd at all (until poor DPS attacks it.)
Now I have several different reasons as to why you might think this:
1) Wolves. From what I've noticed wolves follow a different aggro rule than vamps and I damage them first the heal to gain the most aggro. I am not sure why this is the case, but I also loose aggro easily on them if it's just pure heals.
2) You have some very effective DPSers, to a fault. If you call in earlier and you have the "KILLKILLKILLKILLKILL" guy then the monsters will obviously quickly change from you to him/her. Since obviously you don't see the DPS attacks half the time (imagine if we all saw all of everyone else's attacks. Lagathon!) then it is a good chance that thye are stealing aggro especially if the tank is using SC's a lot (they don't generate any aggro) or not keeping up a lot with the healing for whatever reasons.
But let's take my counter example: I am say tanking some vamps. It is going fine, DPS is good. However, at half health the vamp starts to attack them. Clearly because I went in first, and had aggro till then I was #1 on their hate list. But then since I'm not anymore then the DPS must have stolen aggro from me. Since we know that aggro can only be stolen (after line of sight) in three ways: attacking, healing, and debuffing (though you seriously are debuffing too much if you steal aggro like that) and hopefully the DPS isn't healing me, thus thye must have stolen aggro by attacking most then I could heal myself in hate (Fun fact!: Healing generates .5 aggro point for 1HP healed, and attacking 1 aggro point for 1HP damaged.) Thus like I said in number #2, maybe you have so little to heal, or "aren't keeping up" with it that the attackers can easily gain aggro 3nodding
So I think from that, we can agree that monsters don't randomly go berserk in YM? emotion_kirakira

" Let's say you have about 6 mobs, and I aggro 5 of them. The crew mobs all 5 of them, but I stay in the same place that I originally chose. If I have held aggro well enough, not only can my crew safely attack the last enemy, but the enemy will not suddenly begin to attack them, either. It will remain quite passive."

He didn't let the 6th vamp notice him. Seems like you're in on it too that if it doesn't notice you at any point in the room that dpses will easily take the aggro of the 6th vamp.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

ccatman

Mage The Red

Because I have nothing better to do I went into DMS with a crew of randoms and checked it myself, in the first room it didn't work, nor did it in the second room at first, but then on 2 vamps on the ledge it did work, I didn't go far away from the door I came in and the vamps did not see me yet and didn't attack me. At the end of the room my crew could attack them without a problem. I recorded it, I'll post it here when it's done uploading.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff