Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mage The Red
ccatman
But we aren't discussing Kamila. She has her own set rules on Aggro Vision range.

The scenario I described is that of the regular enemies located in YM/GM. It is possible to hold the aggro of a mob, and not have actually walked into its vision range, or even to have aggro'd it previously.

no this is how it works for every enemy some enemies will lock onto specific people on entering room and sometimes that isn't the tank in which case the tank ends up getting aggro by healing whoever is that person
i am uploading a video to show how it works now

Omnipresent Warlord

A Random Act of Terror
>Tanking YM

Please tell me no one actually does this.

It's much more efficient to run sEB set with a few debuffs thrown into the mix (since by now, I doubt you'll ever have an all CL10 crew)

Gang up on one edge of the map locking a character to it, and just go to town. If absolutely need a heal tank, quote rainbow and have her teach you how to do it.

Rainbow Filled Nights
"I'm literally the greatest ever" --Paraphrased

I did some testing and never posted it in a thread because

1) My recording software left everything recorded extremely low quality.
2) "Speed" YM went out of style. I don't see anyone even trying to do it anymore.
3) "SNS" was something I wanted to include but now it's moot because no sane person would even attempt that anymore.

Anyways of my runs for efficiency the best runs went to...

1) Reckless reg YM. I tanked YM rushing as quickly as I could and tanked near the next room's door. We cleared 5 rooms plus entrance in 12 minutes I think? Maybe 13. Tanking was the best but it took me a few tries to get my technique down for speed.

2) Speed DMS with diagnose. Diagnose despite being less-stamina efficient works really well for mobbing and allows for more rage for attacking. As such, we plowed through DMS at an amazing speed. Only problem was running into NFs and that's where we ran into trouble. Can be solved by using bandage, though.

3) Speed DMS with wish was actually the worst in terms of avg time. It's probably because people using so much rage for healing means they were attacking less overall and couldn't focus rage on r4ing hack as much.

Again, that's all kinda moot because no one does anything but reg ym anymore.

Mage can verify all this because he was around for many of those runs.

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
ccatman
Mage The Red
ccatman
But we aren't discussing Kamila. She has her own set rules on Aggro Vision range.

The scenario I described is that of the regular enemies located in YM/GM. It is possible to hold the aggro of a mob, and not have actually walked into its vision range, or even to have aggro'd it previously.

no this is how it works for every enemy some enemies will lock onto specific people on entering room and sometimes that isn't the tank in which case the tank ends up getting aggro by healing whoever is that person
i am uploading a video to show how it works now

What the ******** crack are you on?
Yes of course there's a random chance you'll get first aggro guys. rolleyes
There's an aggro system for a reason. It's not a random choice and you have to earn definite aggro.
Whoever the mobs see first is placed first on aggro list.
Mage The Red
ccatman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew24jKkY47c&feature=youtu.be

and no kam doesn't have different properties you can see the vamp acting the same was as kam would

Tenacious Sage

Man, I am loving the n00bs. Can't get entertainment without them!

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
ccatman
You're missing my point. What I am saying is that after tanking an entire room, if my crew kills 5/6 mobs that I aggroed, but purposefully not aggroing the 6th mob, I will have more than enough aggro to where the mob will not begin to attack, regardless of who is put on its Hate List. Disregarding Kamila, you can still build enough aggro to where a DPSer can't steal on a passive mob, regardless of whether it sees you or not. Unless you aggro it, which is moot in this case.

Your video kinda remains moot, since you're the only person in the video, and I'm using examples that require a full crew.

Sophomore

Mage The Red
You're missing my point. What I am saying is that after tanking an entire room, if my crew kills 5/6 mobs that I aggroed, but purposefully not aggroing the 6th mob, I will have more than enough aggro to where the mob will not begin to attack, regardless of who is put on its Hate List. Disregarding Kamila, you can still build enough aggro to where a DPSer can't steal on a passive mob, regardless of whether it sees you or not. Unless you aggro it, which is moot in this case.

Your video kinda remains moot, since you're the only person in the video, and I'm using examples that require a full crew.
I don't understand the phrase in bold question

Okay, let's say you go in a room in YM and stay in your spot, the mobs who see you in their line-of-sight would go and attack you, and you would start healing and building aggro.

When the crew goes in the room and goes to the mobs who didn't see you in their line-of-sight when you first entered the room, I'm certain they would attack the crew, because you would have to gain at least 1 hate point from the mob to start building more aggro on it.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Soberanza
Basically, yes, the ones that would catch me in their line of sight would attack me, and I would build aggro. But, what I'm saying is that if my crew attacks the mobs attacking me first, and then the rest of the mobs, I'd have more than enough hate points to where I'd still hold their aggro.

Just because I haven't walked into an enemy's line of sight, doesn't mean I'm still not building Hate Points if I'm in the same room/screen as it. That's what I meant. 3nodding
Mage The Red
Soberanza
Basically, yes, the ones that would catch me in their line of sight would attack me, and I would build aggro. But, what I'm saying is that if my crew attacks the mobs attacking me first, and then the rest of the mobs, I'd have more than enough hate points to where I'd still hold their aggro.

Just because I haven't walked into an enemy's line of sight, doesn't mean I'm still not building Hate Points if I'm in the same room/screen as it. That's what I meant. 3nodding

are you trying to tell me in my video that i didn't have enough bandages? seriously?do you see how many times i'm healing myself

my mule built 0 aggro other then walking in line of sight which is only 1 aggro point
you're making no sense

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
ccatman
emotion_facepalm

Are you even reading what I'm posting? I'm going to say this one more time, and I'll make it nice and easy for you.

You do not have to aggro all the mobs to still build Hate Points on it. You do not have to aggro them to be on their Hate List.

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
A Random Act of Terror
Rainbow Filled Nights
A Random Act of Terror
>Tanking YM

Please tell me no one actually does this.

It's much more efficient to run sEB set with a few debuffs thrown into the mix (since by now, I doubt you'll ever have an all CL10 crew)

Gang up on one edge of the map locking a character to it, and just go to town. If absolutely need a heal tank, quote rainbow and have her teach you how to do it.

Rainbow Filled Nights
"I'm literally the greatest ever" --Paraphrased

o3o terror I'm flattered you think so
I tank YM cause i think it's fun and that's really all

don't feign modesty with me, mang emotion_donotwant

Guys, this right here, is literally one of the top 5 tankers on zOMG!

srsly emotion_kirakira

ninja But seriously, yall need to let me know when yer YMing
                      ᵑᵞᵐᵠᵸ ᶳᵅᵞᶳ

Until she DC's.. cool
Mage The Red
ccatman
emotion_facepalm

Are you even reading what I'm posting? I'm going to say this one more time, and I'll make it nice and easy for you.

You do not have to aggro all the mobs to still build Hate Points on it. You do not have to aggro them to be on their Hate List.

jesus christ then how come i don't have aggro on the vamps?
i can't tell if you are trolling me or not

Distinct Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
wtf happened here o.o I just had to go to bed and study.

Tell me I'm wrong emotion_kirakira

as for the #3) on the aggro part, I'm editing as of now since even if it doesn't notice me and I group heal the people that are getting hit by it, It would still end up attacking me.

But, I'm scrapping this thread for now. Do you guys even understand what under construction means?

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
ccatman
Mage The Red
ccatman
emotion_facepalm

jesus christ then how come i don't have aggro on the vamps?
i can't tell if you are trolling me or not
What... I don't even.

In all of my examples, I mentioned HAVING A CREW with my point. As the Tank, you do not have to aggro every single mob to still be able to build hate points against them.

No, I'm not trolling, but I'm tired of trying to explain this to you. I think you need to go back to school and re-learn English. lol

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
Viette Cintare
wtf happened here o.o I just had to go to bed and study.

Tell me I'm wrong emotion_kirakira

as for the #3) on the aggro part, I'm editing as of now since even if it doesn't notice me and I group heal the people that are getting hit by it, It would still end up attacking me.

But, I'm scrapping this thread for now. Do you guys even understand what under construction means?
                      ᵑᵞᵐᵠᵸ ᶳᵅᵞᶳ

You'd be better posting in the testing forum and then having it moved into this forum.. that way you can post as much as you like without worrying about someone else posting first..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff