Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Again hunter's bow was chosen since this is a Tanking guide; not a dps guide. It's only for quickstarting a room and getting a vamp/wolf unreset from the other edge of the room. A tank wouldn't need the damage; that's the dpses job. Unless you're planning to go hybrid on it and bring a tank and dps set; but I'm not teaching DPS Tanking here.

I'm teaching Tanking.

Distinct Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
I don't even know how one pesky number of wrong, (not too painfully or drastically harmful) wrong number caused this thread to have a -4? Rofl. I did say it was Under Construction which means there was supposed to be further editing. But as of now, I'm closing this down.
Mage The Red
ccatman
Mage The Red
ccatman
emotion_facepalm

Are you even reading what I'm posting? I'm going to say this one more time, and I'll make it nice and easy for you.

You do not have to aggro all the mobs to still build Hate Points on it. You do not have to aggro them to be on their Hate List.

jesus christ then how come i don't have aggro on the vamps?
i can't tell if you are trolling me or not
What... I don't even.

In all of my examples, I mentioned HAVING A CREW with my point. As the Tank, you do not have to aggro every single mob to still be able to build hate points against them.

No, I'm not trolling, but I'm tired of trying to explain this to you. I think you need to go back to school and re-learn English. lol

having a crew doesn't change the aggro system you've yet to explain what being in a full crew has to do with anything

Fatcat

Viette Cintare
Again hunter's bow was chosen since this is a Tanking guide; not a dps guide. It's only for quickstarting a room and getting a vamp/wolf unreset from the other edge of the room. A tank wouldn't need the damage; that's the dpses job. Unless you're planning to go hybrid on it and bring a tank and dps set; but I'm not teaching DPS Tanking here.

I'm teaching Tanking.

The point is that there are much better attacks than bow to bring and if you're a decent tank you can use something like hack to do some damage on a monster. It's not dps or a dps set, it's just doing what you can as tank to make the run a bit faster. One attack =/= dps but that one attack does make a difference.

Distinct Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
b0nerita
Viette Cintare

I'm teaching Tanking.

The point is that there are much better attacks than bow to bring and if you're a decent tank you can use something like hack to do some damage on a monster. It's not dps or a dps set, it's just doing what you can as tank to make the run a bit faster. One attack =/= dps but that one attack does make a difference.

I just heal really ;o Like basic tanking

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
ccatman
One last time. If you don't get it this time, I don't know what to say.

In a YM Crew, if the Tank enters a room, let's say he aggroes 5 mobs. There's a total of 7 in the entire room. Standing off to one side, and building hate against the 5, the crew begins to kill the mobs. They deliberately only kill the 5 mobs on the Tank, and leave the unaggroed ones alone for the time being.

Now, assuming enough time has passed, the Tank has built a lot of hate points. The crew begins to attack the 6th enemy in the room. By your logic, regardless of how many hate points the Tank has, the mob immediately begins attacking the crew instead.

But, what would actually happen, is that the enemy does not attack. Instead, it remains passive, while the DPSers attack, and kill it. All the while, the Tank is still building hate points from heals, far away from the enemy mobs.

Does that make things clear?

Questionable Phantom

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
ccatman
having a crew doesn't change the aggro system you've yet to explain what being in a full crew has to do with anything

I would be willing assist you with providing additional video evidence later on, ccatman(If this forum insists on calling for it, sheesh neutral ).
Viette Cintare
I don't even know how one pesky number of wrong, (not too painfully or drastically harmful) wrong number caused this thread to have a -4? Rofl. I did say it was Under Construction which means there was supposed to be further editing. But as of now, I'm closing this down.

Even though zOMG! is a wonderful game that offers you limitless possibilities in how you can play it. People still like to narrow themselves to only a single, fixed way of playing the game. The only way you can make a guide is if you're popular.

That said. I feel you don't quite understand yet how aggro works for the reasons that the others mentioned. Of course. There's a solution to this problem and that is through science! biggrin Crew up with the nay-sayers here to see who is right. 3nodding

Distinct Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Felis Hircus
Viette Cintare

Even though zOMG! is a wonderful game that offers you limitless possibilities in how you can play it. People still like to narrow themselves to only a single, fixed way of playing the game. The only way you can make a guide is if you're popular.

That said. I feel you don't quite understand yet how aggro works for the reasons that the others mentioned. Of course. There's a solution to this problem and that is through science! biggrin Crew up with the nay-sayers here to see who is right. 3nodding

rofl I just salvaged my tank set; but i'll try this when the time comes.
Viette Cintare
Felis Hircus
Viette Cintare

That's regrettable. You shoudn't take things people say on a forum to heart. It also helps being open to criticism especially if it results in experimentation and newer ways of understanding and playing the game. 3nodding
XPrinceofShadow3
ccatman

I would be willing assist you with providing additional video evidence later on, ccatman(If this forum insists on calling for it, sheesh neutral ).

no its ok this is a waste of my time thanks though <3 thanks for making me rich too 8D

Distinct Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Felis Hircus
Viette Cintare
Felis Hircus
Viette Cintare

That's regrettable. You shoudn't take things people say on a forum to heart. It also helps being open to criticism especially if it results in experimentation and newer ways of understanding and playing the game. 3nodding

not really regrettable. I'm just not open to this criticism c: I tank almost 90% of my YM crews, I must've just stated something wrong rather than known it wrong. And I believe the people backing me up know this too. I'll stick to dps, but thank you yum_puddi

Omnipresent Warlord

Viette Cintare
Felis Hircus
Viette Cintare
Felis Hircus
Viette Cintare

not really regrettable. I'm just not open to this criticism c: I tank almost 90% of my YM crews, I must've just stated something wrong rather than known it wrong. And I believe the people backing me up know this too. I'll stick to dps, but thank you yum_puddi

If you're not open to criticism then don't talk s**t about other people and playstyles which you did in your opening post.

Distinct Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Omnileech
Viette Cintare
Felis Hircus
Viette Cintare
Felis Hircus
Viette Cintare

If you're not open to criticism then don't talk s**t about other people and playstyles which you did in your opening post.

it wasn't talking s**t if there was actually a good reason behind it.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Viette Cintare
Shitposting is shitposting, no matter how many "good reasons" you slap onto it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff