Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Lunatic

I guess another front page run won't hurt. I'm aware the issue I'm trying to solve with this likely isn't high on the Devs to do list. But I'm thinking long term: they'll have to tackle this one eventually. Sometime after V1.0 is out. I hope.
Long as they keep the regular Recrewt and add this I'm fine as long as there is no lag razz
In my mind, while this sounds great in theory... it doesn't take into account the aversion many people get to random crews as they progress because of bad experiences. I have a feeling over time people would stop using it simply because of that. If you know what I'm saying.

But great concept! I like the idea. ^_^ Just don't think it would turn out quite right.

Relentless Glitch

Win. That is all.
Awesome, especially the global function. Do want.

Familiar Lunatic

@KaizokuEvans: Are you actually using the current Recrewt panel? Did you encounter any trouble with it? Are people responding to your random invites? I see no problem with keeping it, but doubt many would use it.
As for lag, they'll obviously would do their best to keep it in order. Those to whom lag is still problematic could simply avoid using it all together. There are other ways to make crews.

@HotRed_Streak: Aye, can't do much against that. Actually, I think there always will be some amount of people forming and taking part in randocrew, even if it's just a transitional state where they learn to hate or love it. There's also the new batch of players who I believe to be less troubled by those "fail" crews, either because themeselves aren't great players or they simply want to make a quick crew to make moar moanyz x P
The point is, as long there's an influx of new players, some people will be using it. And it's a great way to meet new people. You could even use it to make auditions, say you're looking for a new sweeper or something. Also, great players like you could use it to teach those problem sources by "looking for players willing to learn" and having a close by punch bag.

I personaly don't mind randocrew: there usualy lower standards allows me to not feel too bad about freezing for a minute or simply acting stupid. Or testing stuff. >.>

I can always teach by example. There will always be ungreatful persons. And stuff.
Don't forget this would also allow those "tired of random crews" people find other people like them.

@Others: Thanks for the support! Any issues to hammer down?

Hoarding Hoarder

User Image

Sorry to bring back the dead, but I love this Idea!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User ImageBeeMovieSuits 5063/ಠ 3ಠ

Unholy Smoker

• I think that bringing this thread back is good so more people can see it... xP

The idea is just epic. I'll have to look at it again and possibly brainstorm any improvements to it.

Liberal Lunatic

Love this! Nice job! heart

Vampiric Knight

I'm not entirely sure how this would be implemented...but I absolutely love it.
It would help everyone out...and kill the recrewt forum whee

5,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I really do think it's about time there was a board of crews not just people flooding the screen. Ragnarök got that sorted ages ago!

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

This would forever make the world a better place.

So much to copy from other MMOs and no one thought of this thing before?

gataka...

User Image

purplexeyed
I'm not entirely sure how this would be implemented...but I absolutely love it.
It would help everyone out...and kill the recrewt forum whee

On the "Recrewt" button. It could be changed to have an initial tab like this, and a list of free people who would wish to be invited to a specific kind of crew on another tab.

daydreamkitty
I really do think it's about time there was a board of crews not just people flooding the screen. Ragnarök got that sorted ages ago!

******** TIPPED just for bumping this.

IRL Cat

Reminds me of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. I approve of this idea.

Dedicated Lover

12,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
thats very useful

Shy Sweetheart

I like this idea

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff