Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did someone said Magma/Lava Fluffs? Gonna update MOAR later.
In all seriousness, I really like the idea.
Sensual Soul
Red Kutai
Atrash the Squidmonger
Swords Storm
I have always thought maze-run-away kind of enemies/bosses would be a good addition to zOMG!. I really like your idea, and as you said, is very, very hard to implement, but doesn't hurt dream... Now I wonder, what kind of animated/enemy would be roaming in a volcano?

Titans (if you like old myth geekery). Giants (or anything that legendary heroes could literally drop mountains on without being silly overkill, thus making the volcano's their wrathful stirrings). Dragons (animated from... paperclips? mugs? something silly). Magma fluffs ftw. Geologists. Animated pith helmets. Animated ice statues razz . Lava Kraken.

Did you sneak "Geologists" in there? gonk

Smooooth...

No Kracken, [ JK ] will add that to the BB and/or beach area and we don't want to overkill a good thing like was done with the sharks. But the rest I like. What about Dragons or some kind of bird/ bat thing made of fire and smoke? Something flying around? That way you have ground monsters and things in the air too.

Yeah, Kraken would get overdone fast (like sharks). Dragons - we haven't had any of those before, but they are sort of boring in general (being overused in general for epic enemies). It would have to have some cool unique thing (or maybe be one of the less portrayed versions of dragons).

Birds and batlike things (like clutches, kind of) would be nice, and useful for explaining how those animated survive in magma filled areas (giving them a nice edge over us too). Maybe an evil Pegasus or two (or unicorns) razz .

Hmm, what other things haven't we pulled on yet? Animated boulders (that seriously roll around to do damage)? Cyclopses. Penguins (because who else would have a volcano fortress?). Giant toadlike animated. A bear of some kind (animated, maybe out of something like the wolf pups were). A swarm/hive mind kind of animated (maybe bees, or snails).

Benevolent Codger

Sensual Soul
Red Kutai
Atrash the Squidmonger
Swords Storm
I have always thought maze-run-away kind of enemies/bosses would be a good addition to zOMG!. I really like your idea, and as you said, is very, very hard to implement, but doesn't hurt dream... Now I wonder, what kind of animated/enemy would be roaming in a volcano?

Titans (if you like old myth geekery). Giants (or anything that legendary heroes could literally drop mountains on without being silly overkill, thus making the volcano's their wrathful stirrings). Dragons (animated from... paperclips? mugs? something silly). Magma fluffs ftw. Geologists. Animated pith helmets. Animated ice statues razz . Lava Kraken.

Smooooth...

No Kracken, [ JK ] will add that to the BB and/or beach area and we don't want to overkill a good thing like was done with the sharks. But the rest I like. What about Dragons or some kind of bird/ bat thing made of fire and smoke? Something flying around? That way you have ground monsters and things in the air too.

No, I agree; I would really like to see a Dragon made of animated magma, though (if only because it would look awesome). With the more-or-less fluid nature of magma, though, there's nothing stopping it from changing shapes slightly (or not-so-slightly) throughout the course of the encounter...

Invisible Regular

8,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
That's a great idea! I hope the Devs add this area when Chapter 2 is released. (I'm pretty sure they would be adding one area at a time though.)

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Atrash the Squidmonger
Sensual Soul
Red Kutai
Atrash the Squidmonger
Swords Storm

Smooooth...

Yeah, Kraken would get overdone fast (like sharks). Dragons - we haven't had any of those before, but they are sort of boring in general (being overused in general for epic enemies). It would have to have some cool unique thing (or maybe be one of the less portrayed versions of dragons).

Birds and batlike things (like clutches, kind of) would be nice, and useful for explaining how those animated survive in magma filled areas (giving them a nice edge over us too). Maybe an evil Pegasus or two (or unicorns) razz .

Hmm, what other things haven't we pulled on yet? Animated boulders (that seriously roll around to do damage)? Cyclopses. Penguins (because who else would have a volcano fortress?). Giant toadlike animated. A bear of some kind (animated, maybe out of something like the wolf pups were). A swarm/hive mind kind of animated (maybe bees, or snails).

You have a great imagination! I like the idea of smaller animated making up a bigger one. Maybe the boulders could combine to form something but when you defeat it it breaks back down into the smaller animated boulders....maybe together then are a tortoise? Or maybe the boulders could be some kind of rock spider...I hat spiders so they make good monsters in my mind. sweatdrop

Red Kutai

No, I agree; I would really like to see a Dragon made of animated magma, though (if only because it would look awesome). With the more-or-less fluid nature of magma, though, there's nothing stopping it from changing shapes slightly (or not-so-slightly) throughout the course of the encounter...

I like the idea of the shape changing. I could almost see it in my minds eye! That would be so awesome!

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Da7shadow
That's a great idea! I hope the Devs add this area when Chapter 2 is released. (I'm pretty sure they would be adding one area at a time though.)

The devs have said that there wouldn't be a chapter 2 like they had at first hoped to do. One massive update! No now with the resources all but gone they will have to do one area at a time, maybe one a year if we are lucky and no other devs leave the team or get pulled off to do site things.

4,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Thard_Verad
(You thought FIRE BAD!? Well, MAGMA WORSE!!)

You had me at this. whee

Dangerous Genius

I love how ideas take off when more minds get in on it 3nodding

A few ideas have been quoted into the first post. (Sorry there's not room for everything, I don't want TOO large a text wall)

Glad you enjoyed the bit of bonfire humor.
Sensual Soul

You have a great imagination! I like the idea of smaller animated making up a bigger one. Maybe the boulders could combine to form something but when you defeat it it breaks back down into the smaller animated boulders....maybe together then are a tortoise? Or maybe the boulders could be some kind of rock spider...I hat spiders so they make good monsters in my mind. sweatdrop

Red Kutai

I like the idea of the shape changing. I could almost see it in my minds eye! That would be so awesome!

I would have suggested spiders, but with Registered Offender, we'd already have that taken care of. A dragon, on the other hand, would be new.

With the idea of rising magma and heat and all, perhaps the dragon could start out as animated stone, sort of like Stone Coatl, and then progressively get more fluid and magma-y (also, can we get a wingless dragon for once? Maybe a two-headed one?) until he's a rapidly shifting and whirling animated magma bolt. As stone, he'd have more health and maybe some armor or even Deflect/Reflect abilities. As magma, he'd lose these and be more vulnerable, but would gain more powerful attacks or crowd control (perhaps with very different appearances as he switches between forms [and he switches between them based on who he wishes mainly to attack - when fighting ranged, he becomes an thin eagle-like beast with darts in his talons - when fighting melee he is a thicker spidery beast]).

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Atrash the Squidmonger
Sensual Soul

Red Kutai

I would have suggested spiders, but with Registered Offender, we'd already have that taken care of. A dragon, on the other hand, would be new.

With the idea of rising magma and heat and all, perhaps the dragon could start out as animated stone, sort of like Stone Coatl, and then progressively get more fluid and magma-y (also, can we get a wingless dragon for once? Maybe a two-headed one?) until he's a rapidly shifting and whirling animated magma bolt. As stone, he'd have more health and maybe some armor or even Deflect/Reflect abilities. As magma, he'd lose these and be more vulnerable, but would gain more powerful attacks or crowd control (perhaps with very different appearances as he switches between forms [and he switches between them based on who he wishes mainly to attack - when fighting ranged, he becomes an thin eagle-like beast with darts in his talons - when fighting melee he is a thicker spidery beast]).

I don't mind having the dragon critter being ground based, I just think having are and ground attacks would be more challenging.
Sensual Soul

I don't mind having the dragon critter being ground based, I just think having are and ground attacks would be more challenging.

Eh, I'm just sort of bored of the stereotypical dragon types we see, especially since any flying would basically be cosmetic (if it's a magma dragon, being stuck to ground doesn't constrain it from walking (or swimming) through the magma, and it could probably climb around or over things well enough so that walls or objects blocking regular avatars could be passed over by it just as easily as if it flew). Plus, bat minions are almost a must (or animated-batlike-minions, technically - maybe penguins that wear animated-batlike-minion things on their backs so that they can fly [and you could attack either the penguin or the bat, maybe - the penguin is the one actually attacking, but if you can kill the bat while it's over magma, the penguin is toast (and even not on magma, moves a lot slower)]) anyway, so there would be a fair share of air attacks regardless of what the boss is.
Seems like a good idea, I'd like to see it added.
This is a great idea *u* where would the volcano be would be the question?

4,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
That's a very good idea more people need to be like you

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Enigma Berry
This is a great idea *u* where would the volcano be would be the question?

Well....[ JK ] talked about having some Islands that we could get "lost" on, why not one of them?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff