Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sensual Soul
Oh I like this! This is great...the chase could be through a maze type area too with false turns and such. biggrin I love it!

Ooh, I like that idea. Keep up with the boss (by using speed buffs or not spending much time to recuperate) and you get led the right way - fall behind and you have to find your way through (not at a time with extreme magma damage and all, to not stress out crews and create blame too much - but maybe animated that do some annoying damage if you turn the wrong ways - or maybe the magma catches you and then the walls dissolve - so any bad way just gives you a starting disadvantage of damage).

10,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Yeah, but you could die easily because of lags.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Atrash the Squidmonger
Sensual Soul
Oh I like this! This is great...the chase could be through a maze type area too with false turns and such. biggrin I love it!

Ooh, I like that idea. Keep up with the boss (by using speed buffs or not spending much time to recuperate) and you get led the right way - fall behind and you have to find your way through (not at a time with extreme magma damage and all, to not stress out crews and create blame too much - but maybe animated that do some annoying damage if you turn the wrong ways - or maybe the magma catches you and then the walls dissolve - so any bad way just gives you a starting disadvantage of damage).

I was thinking of having animated in waiting around the corner to ambush you and yes the magma catching up...maybe you could defeat the animated to open the pathway? Oh and maybe you could collect some kind of drop, a bomb type thing you could use to slow the magma? (For use just in that area perhaps?)
I have always thought maze-run-away kind of enemies/bosses would be a good addition to zOMG!. I really like your idea, and as you said, is very, very hard to implement, but doesn't hurt dream... Now I wonder, what kind of animated/enemy would be roaming in a volcano?

Relentless Glitch

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Just had to...
Sensual Soul
Atrash the Squidmonger
Sensual Soul

I was thinking of having animated in waiting around the corner to ambush you and yes the magma catching up...maybe you could defeat the animated to open the pathway? Oh and maybe you could collect some kind of drop, a bomb type thing you could use to slow the magma? (For use just in that area perhaps?)

Make it animated magma (but in a really dumb, magmaish way) so you can attack the "limbs" of the magma and force it back for a time. razz

Maybe at every dead end, there's a platform which you can get on if the magma is trapping you. You'll spawn animated which will attack you until the magma weakens the walls and they collapse (letting you get through to the boss), but at least you won't be in the magma.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Swords Storm
I have always thought maze-run-away kind of enemies/bosses would be a good addition to zOMG!. I really like your idea, and as you said, is very, very hard to implement, but doesn't hurt dream... Now I wonder, what kind of animated/enemy would be roaming in a volcano?

Magma fluffs? Maybe vapor spooks of some kind. Rock trolls. biggrin This is fun!
Bravo, one of the few good game ideas I've read.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Atrash the Squidmonger
Sensual Soul
Atrash the Squidmonger
Sensual Soul

Make it animated magma (but in a really dumb, magmaish way) so you can attack the "limbs" of the magma and force it back for a time. razz

Maybe at every dead end, there's a platform which you can get on if the magma is trapping you. You'll spawn animated which will attack you until the magma weakens the walls and they collapse (letting you get through to the boss), but at least you won't be in the magma.

I like the platform. Hmm, the magma could keep rising so that you have to be quick too... biggrin
Swords Storm

Titans (if you like old myth geekery). Giants (or anything that legendary heroes could literally drop mountains on without being silly overkill, thus making the volcano's their wrathful stirrings). Dragons (animated from... paperclips? mugs? something silly). Magma fluffs ftw. Geologists. Animated pith helmets. Animated ice statues razz . Lava Kraken.

Benevolent Codger

Y'know, I didn't see anything at all, really, that I didn't like about this idea; and that's a rarity.

I mean, this sounds really fun, really original, and it would force people to play the game in a way they're not necessarily accustomed to. Overall, looks brilliant... 3nodding
Sensual Soul
Atrash the Squidmonger
Sensual Soul
Atrash the Squidmonger
Sensual Soul

I like the platform. Hmm, the magma could keep rising so that you have to be quick too... biggrin

Well, I was thinking the platform would be a sort of wait-it-out measure (since you can't defeat the magma, and you can't go around it [or else the maze wouldn't have such dead ends]). The magma would weaken the walls, while maybe magma fluffs spawn and hit you (with willpower debuffs, perhaps, if the boss likes to use crowd control). You'd be trying to take as little damage and debuff hits from them (maybe the debuffs are close combat, even if other attacks are ranged) as the walls slowly cracked and your little platform floated off to where you could get off and keep outrunning the magma and chasing the boss.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Atrash the Squidmonger
Sensual Soul
Atrash the Squidmonger
Sensual Soul
Atrash the Squidmonger
Sensual Soul

Well, I was thinking the platform would be a sort of wait-it-out measure (since you can't defeat the magma, and you can't go around it [or else the maze wouldn't have such dead ends]). The magma would weaken the walls, while maybe magma fluffs spawn and hit you (with willpower debuffs, perhaps, if the boss likes to use crowd control). You'd be trying to take as little damage and debuff hits from them (maybe the debuffs are close combat, even if other attacks are ranged) as the walls slowly cracked and your little platform floated off to where you could get off and keep outrunning the magma and chasing the boss.

Well I was thinking it would have levels like all the other bosses have, so on hard you want it to be really hard, that's when the magma would rise as well. twisted Killing the monsters would help speed up the weakening of the walls....well yours is better but I wanted to explain what I was thinking. wink

Benevolent Codger

Atrash the Squidmonger
Swords Storm

Titans (if you like old myth geekery). Giants (or anything that legendary heroes could literally drop mountains on without being silly overkill, thus making the volcano's their wrathful stirrings). Dragons (animated from... paperclips? mugs? something silly). Magma fluffs ftw. Geologists. Animated pith helmets. Animated ice statues razz . Lava Kraken.

Did you sneak "Geologists" in there? gonk

Smooooth...

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Red Kutai
Atrash the Squidmonger
Swords Storm

Did you sneak "Geologists" in there? gonk

Smooooth...

No Kracken, [ JK ] will add that to the BB and/or beach area and we don't want to overkill a good thing like was done with the sharks. But the rest I like. What about Dragons or some kind of bird/ bat thing made of fire and smoke? Something flying around? That way you have ground monsters and things in the air too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff