Welcome to Gaia! ::

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
Still hurts. But better. Still hurts to touch it so I still can't type with it. And I can't bend it.

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
Okay! So to change the topic away from my finger....

My story that I'm going to write as my non-judging judge's entry is going to be Shiro's story. Shiro, full name Kushiro Lavana Mezidoria, is one of the first characters I ever created. She was also in one of the first stories I ever wrote. And the first one I actually put on paper.

She is from a fanfiction that I later went through and unplaigarized so I could eventually publish it. The entry I'm going to post is half fanfic, half unplaigarized version. It'll have the original fanfic background, but the unplaigarized names. And maybe a few other details.

But it brought a question to mind and I thought I would ask.

What caused you to start to write seriously?

The first characters I created were in the sixth grade and I'm not sure why I created them. I started naming my friends in relation to these characters. I still have no idea why.

But my second character, Shiro, was based off a tv show I watched. This tv show was also how I met the majority of my beloved friends. So it's my favorite tv show. I have a lot of memories with it.

In eighth grade, I met one of my best friends who had seen a few of the episodes. To me, at the time, that might as well have meant she had seen the entire series. I immediately claimed her as a friend. She had made a character for it, too and I came up with this wild idea to write a story with our two characters in it.

Thus gave birth to my first story. Which reached well into 70 pages.

Somewhere in there my friend looked at me and said, "You know, this is good. You should think about publishing."

I thought to myself, why not? So I began to unplaigarize it and came up with the series I have now which is left unfinished because she's my co author and won't write on it.

But ever since then I began to think about writing seriously. Have I come up with anything? No.

I have well over 60 story ideas, but I can't stay interested enough to write past page 10.

But, I still try.

So, when did you start writing seriously?

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
Oh, I also want to note that even though I made it 70 pages in, it was complete crap so I have no idea what she means by "this is good." because it wasn't. At the time I knew nothing of writing.

I mean, it was decent enough, but for an experienced writer, it's crap.

Seriously. I still have the original. I can show you a before and after.

Timid Seeker

6,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I hope that heals quickly then. eek

As for your question...I honestly can't remember when I started being more serious about it...I guess that was about the time I started having a hard time with it and started writing barely anything? Lol.
Even after I stopped with fan fiction I started writing to write. Just to tell a story or something, even if they were stupid. I remember one time I wrote one for a class based off a dream I had and it was supposed to be serious and the entire class laughed at it.
I guess I started getting more serious when 9th grade rolled around...but even then I'm not sure.
I'm more serious now about it though, that's what matters I guess.
I think I can hear the minds of 17 writers hard at work... am I correct? > smile

15 contestants and two judges (who are confused about their personalities).

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
18 contestants. Where have you been? blaugh

Beloved Hunter

5,125 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Ah, but of those 18 contestants, three have already submitted their works. c:

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
.......Oh.....right.....
~~I Wish To Join~~

Username:InvisableMuffins
Nickname:Muffins
A little about you if you want:Well, I'm a begging writter. This is my second contest. In the last one I did I got second and I want to see what I can do. Sorry if I missed it but, what is the prize and, does the story have to focus on the elements or was that just a posting style thing?

3,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Make that nineteen contestants. ^^
Haiiiiiiiiiiiii Charity! -big evil grin-

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
mah charity mule
~~I Wish To Join~~

A little about you if you want:Well, I'm a begging writter. This is my second contest. In the last one I did I got second and I want to see what I can do. Sorry if I missed it but, what is the prize and, does the story have to focus on the elements or was that just a posting style thing?

No, the pictures was just so I could have a theme to make it look pretty.

I didn't want one single post at the top that just said

"I'm having a contest, Please join."

You don't have to incorporate that into the story.

Right now the pool is at 278,000. It's whatever I have in my pocket. It will be divided amongst the winners at the end. I haven't quite decided how I'm going to divi it yet.
Shiro Mezidoria
mah charity mule
~~I Wish To Join~~

No, the pictures was just so I could have a theme to make it look pretty.

I didn't want one single post at the top that just said

"I'm having a contest, Please join."

You don't have to incorporate that into the story.

Right now the pool is at 278,000. It's whatever I have in my pocket. It will be divided amongst the winners at the end. I haven't quite decided how I'm going to divi it yet.

One more question. The title says june 9th but the posts say the 30th. Witch is it?

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
mah charity mule

One more question. The title says june 9th but the posts say the 30th. Witch is it?

It's open until June 9th. Then I will stop accepting contestants so that everyone has time to work on their stories. The deadline for entries is June 30th.
Shiro Mezidoria
.......Oh.....right.....

Yep.

Well, add one to the figure now!

3,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Shyania
~~I Wish To Join~~

Username: Shyania

Nickname: None applicable.

A little about you if you want: Hmm... Ah, I'm always so bad with biographics. >o< My *new* username riginated from Shigania, Korean for "It is time". 시간이야. Totally random, IMO, I just wanted a change in a username... and Shigania was the first thing I came up with. xD

Fix'd. And also prettified.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces