Welcome to Gaia! ::

4laugh Left yu a comment! ;D

Here's a Lonely man,
in love with a woman name Claire,
in ways she doesn't comprehend.

He's just her client for the night.

LINK: http://www.gaiaonline.com/arena/writing/fiction/vote/?entry_id=101106543#title

New Story; please rate&Comment!

Fashionable Elder

12,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100

Your story is clichéd, stereotypical, and too direct for comfortable reading. I feel like I've read this before. There's the two women that don't like each other, and the happy medium between them, usually a male, who is best friends with one and is dating the other. Usually he harbors feelings for both, which makes it all the more cliched.

Your descriptions are next to nil. They are merely you stating random facts with no attention to detail, which makes your story seem forced.

You also have several spelling and grammar errors that make your writing seem even more simple. Before you post a submission, you should try putting it in word or something with a spell checker to make your story more clear.

Your story, though increasingly common, is interesting. If you added a little more depth to your characters (beyond their love of freeze-dried marshmallows) and made the story run a little smoother, it might actually be publishable.
Dude, chill out. Its just a story.
I liked it 3nodding In fact I'll go leave a comment..........

~Tiger

Fashionable Elder

12,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
6235river

If you didn't want criticism, then either a) make it perfect or b) don't ask people to read it.

It's as simple as that.
Blood-Tipped Thorn
6235river

If you didn't want criticism, then either a) make it perfect or b) don't ask people to read it.

It's as simple as that.

Puh-lease. CONSTRUCTIVE critisizm is nice, yah know? Besides, whats not perfect to you, could be perfect to someone else. So I don't need you trying to change anything. Just leave you comment and move on with life.
6235river
Blood-Tipped Thorn
6235river

It's as simple as that.

Puh-lease. CONSTRUCTIVE critisizm is nice, yah know? Besides, whats not perfect to you, could be perfect to someone else. So I don't need you trying to change anything. Just leave you comment and move on with life.

That WAS constructive criticism. You said in the topic that you were thinking about publishing, so I would assume you'd want as much help as you can get.
Arrow Slingzen
6235river
Blood-Tipped Thorn
6235river

It's as simple as that.

That WAS constructive criticism. You said in the topic that you were thinking about publishing, so I would assume you'd want as much help as you can get.

Since I don't feel like saying the same thing over again, read the last part of my last post.
6235river
Arrow Slingzen
6235river
Blood-Tipped Thorn
6235river

It's as simple as that.

Since I don't feel like saying the same thing over again, read the last part of my last post.
Get over it, critique makes you better. Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen.
Now, you say you're thinking about publishing? Well, I have a few questions.
- Do you have a synopsis written?
- Do you have a query letter? Do you know what goes into one?
- Do you have any agencies/publishing houses in mind and know what to look for?
- Do you have the tolerance it takes? You seemed impatient and immature when responding to the constructive critiques in your earlier posts. That is unprofessional and will get you no where in the publishing world. Someone has just spent their time on your work. Please, do take that into consideration.

Now, for the actual story itself.
- More cohesive. That'll make the flow tons better.
- Better description, less pointing out facts.
- A more original plot would be nice.
- I must say though, even though she has some composition quirks I'm not to fond of, I'm quite liking this character Violet.

You have potential, it just needs some work like every other piece of writing ever created.
HEHinze
6235river
Arrow Slingzen
6235river
Blood-Tipped Thorn
6235river

It's as simple as that.

Get over it, critique makes you better. Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen.
- Do you have the tolerance it takes? You seemed impatient and immature when responding to the constructive critiques in your earlier posts. That is unprofessional and will get you no where in the publishing world. Someone has just spent their time on your work. Please, do take that into consideration.

- I must say though, even though she has some composition quirks I'm not to fond of, I'm quite liking this character Violet.

You have potential, it just needs some work like every other piece of writing ever created.

I'm not really going to publish it. It was just one of those "In the moment" type of things. But thanks for your construcive criticism.
6235river
HEHinze
6235river
Arrow Slingzen
6235river

I'm not really going to publish it. It was just one of those "In the moment" type of things. But thanks for your construcive criticism.

User Image

I'm just going to say that it's quite shitty of you to be so rude when you're getting what you've asked for.
As for the story itself, you need to do several things to fix it. Your descriptions are, as stated before, almost nonexistent, and worse than that, the opening isn't strong at all. You shouldn't feel as though you were forced to read a story, as I felt with yours. Phrases such as "the annoyingly preppy blond girl" weren't helping much, either. Your sentences need to be spiced up, and you need to learn how to combine sentences; instead of "But they weren't together anymore. They just worked together."
Overall it reads like a first draft, and needs some serious work.

Inebriant
6235river
HEHinze
6235river
Arrow Slingzen
6235river

User Image

I'm just going to say that it's quite shitty of you to be so rude when you're getting what you've asked for.
As for the story itself, you need to do several things to fix it. Your descriptions are, as stated before, almost nonexistent, and worse than that, the opening isn't strong at all. You shouldn't feel as though you were forced to read a story, as I felt with yours. Phrases such as "the annoyingly preppy blond girl" weren't helping much, either. Your sentences need to be spiced up, and you need to learn how to combine sentences; instead of "But they weren't together anymore. They just worked together."

I'm just writing this for fun. What don't you get??? Only a few people will read this because its going to be on this website and thats it. I'm not gonna publish it! do you get that? wink
6235river
Inebriant
6235river
HEHinze
6235river

User Image

I'm just writing this for fun. What don't you get??? Only a few people will read this because its going to be on this website and thats it. I'm not gonna publish it! do you get that? wink

User Image

Hm, well maybe it's the fact that you said you were planning on publishing it, until someone told you it was utter s**t, then you suddenly changed your mind.

Hmmmm no. Thats not why. I said i was gonna publish it just to get attention to my story. i was never gonna publish it. and no, its not s**t, if anything is s**t, its you. No wonder you don't write stories. Atleast i have guts. And I'm a girl. shame on you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff