Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sarathiana

I was doing about 10 pages a day, but the busier I got the fewer pages got wrote. *Chuckles.* For now i'm writing in a notebook and I plan to do all my editing as I type it up. I work in a notebook so I can enjoy the area I have set up just for my writing. It keeps me focused and motivated that way. The internet tends to distract me. sweatdrop

lol so I'm not the only person that works like that. everyone else seems to find it weird that I write it first and then type it.

Questionable Prophet

Sarathiana

Hello, welcome to the thread.^^
Writing a complete novel in a month is hard, if not impossible. Like with NaNo, hit the 50K, don't get the story done. >.?
You've done a whole lot already! That's amazing, and long-hand as well. Keep that paper in order, safe from damage, and keeping your hands moving like that is quite a feat.
That's a god way to stay motivated. I blab about it to anyone unfortunate enough to ask me. >.>

@Alberic:
I had to look up teetotalers. That's interesting. I like it, but it sound like the opposite of what it is to me. Induced sleep never really hits the spot. >.>
I like to elimate needles "I"s because of the rhythm of the story, and I want it more in the characters head rather than character talking to someone. I mostly just go through and cut all the I saws, I heards, and the variations of those.

Congrats on the 852 words! I think that's great.
And I agree with the five star review things. Good luck tighten up your plot. What's your art project going to be?
Good luck with the outlineing, the morning watch and the possible ironing. Ironing is very dangerous.

@Kurama:
3nodding Sounds good.

@Loper:
Whootness for the chapter. <3
That's a great topic and it touches everyone.

@They Fall:
You're moving fast! Keep at it. heart

@Shadowfox:
Whining is part of what this thread is for, it's okay.
I hope they went well. And yay that they're over! That's the best feeling, after the my soul has been eaten feeling goes away. Sorry about your mom. At least you did your best.
Those were your last exams then?
You'll be back to writing and tumbler in no time.

@Aribis:
What'd you do for the S. King thing? I've never really read any of this stuff. I start and then wander away. Good luck with the finalizing ig.
Wood is a good one. There's so many possibilities for wood.
Have you outlined it?
And thanks. It is a long thread. I know it's lazy, but I can hardly read a two page thread.

koi19

gonk Go, go, go!

My Progress:
Not as much as I wanted with the editing, but I have decided that I will start book two at the scene of the crime, which is making me want to rewrite the first chapter of book one because it starts off more focused on his family life, when the story revolves around his work life just a bit more.
I am tired.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

*pats* poor Desi! Hope you get a big energy boost!

Zealot

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

@Aribis:
What'd you do for the S. King thing? I've never really read any of this stuff. I start and then wander away. Good luck with the finalizing ig.
Wood is a good one. There's so many possibilities for wood.
Have you outlined it?
And thanks. It is a long thread. I know it's lazy, but I can hardly read a two page thread.

For the Stephen King thing? It's a tale about a crazy ex wife and orange seals, lol. If that makes sense. I have a pretty good pace set for the editing process, and the assignment needs to be finished by tomorrow for class x3.

Yes. It was me expanding on an extremely powerful emotion c;

Yes I have, it;s quite an extensive outline, but as I'm attempting to make it sound historical and 'if it actually happened', I've run into bumps on the introduction of the journal x3. It's like...I have everything, but I'm having a hard time expanding on it.
Progress so far

Writing:
*Blog post on free range
*Blog post recipe - potato cakes
*Blog post ROW80 update & reflection on 'flexibility' as a writer

Non-writing:
*Made fresh curry
*Made loads of potato cakes

To do

Because I woke up late I won't be sleeping during today as I'd normally do. So...

Writing:
*5,000 words on WIP
*Plan (& possibly write) a short story for a 'paying' market

Questionable Streaker

Progress: None yet, I'm just in the process of uploading a bunch of vaguely artistic doodles onto Deviantart
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Loper:
Whootness for the chapter. <3
That's a great topic and it touches everyone.
Thanks!
Yeah, I hope it'll be good.

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
My progress: Added to two pieces of work of mine. Probably around 1,000 words just between the two of them over the few days. I've always wondered if it would be a cool and unique power for a chick to have her body turn masculine (as in, she turns into what she would be if she was a guy) yet still have her v****a between her legs and incapable of having kids in that form. And vice versa if there was a male character that could turn female, he'd still be unable to have kids. Guess it's a tranny sort of transformation; however, I thought it would be a clever disguise.

Ya know, go incognito into an enemy base looking the opposite of your true gender and be a spy. smile Or for those pervs out there, sneaking into a place where you normally wouldn't be allowed into. *coughmeninwomenlockerroomcough* xD

Now to what I hope to finish tonight. Going to try to finish that bloody fan fiction chapter with those two lengthy fight scenes paired with a short scene after a fight. Halfway through the second fight scene! gonk So close to finishing it, yet it's so far! Once I got that done, I was going to start up on the other chapter for the second fan fiction I have in the works.

Sparkly Gekko

Progress: I have realized I left a loose end untied somewhere back in chapter nine or so. I made a note to fix it during the editing process. Chapter twelve is started, but I haven't worked on it in a while. I hope to at least type what I've got into a word document, if nothing else.
Today, I wrote two poems: Armor Defeated by a Rose and My Greatest Blunder.

Pardon the lack of quotation marks if they dont show up. The Gaia app appears to like deleting them after I hit post.

Romantic Explorer

My Progress: Got to Ch 3 and then some at 4278 words. I think I might have to change my word limit to 15k.

Also, I'm trying to finish my 5 page English paper today...so I have time for my 5page bio paper. ;--: School's awful somedays. One paper after another.
Alberic of Krufton

I have another book I started on years ago that I did through typing mostly. I started writing it this way because I feel I can be more motivated. With typing, I'm too tempted to surf the web instead. I even keep a college dictionary and thesaurus close so i'll have everything I need. It is more rough on the hands though. My hand hurt for days when I first started. >.<

I write medium I'd guess. I actually counted several pages once, and each page is about 250 words. So so far I have around 21K words.

Several actually, lol. I've had a lot of people tell me they'd like to read it. Unfortunately I didn't get to my 100 pages yet though. I've been getting distracted a lot and i'm still trying to adapt having my boyfriend living with me. I'm about to go write some more though. Hopefully i'll at least get really close to my goal.

NiteShadowFox

Yeah, it can be a lot easier to type rather than write. But I feel this way i'm less likely to spend all my time editing and actually get the story finished. Then, once I type it up I can do all my editing then.

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

NaNo is actually where I got the idea. I thought it would be fun to try, but I had no idea about it until after it was too late. So I decided to try it anyway on my own. It is extremely hard though, its far too easy to get distracted.

I have a notebook that I have it all wrote in. I keep it next to my writing space at all times so I know where its at. My main problem with writing is I find it hard to stay focused. My mind tends to dance around and I get anxious to do other things. Other than that and life jumping up to slow me down, I've not had any issues with writing the story yet. (Thankfully.)

My progress: Only made it to page 86. A disappointment considering I was aiming for 100 by tonight, but i'm going to go write a bit more now and see if I can get closer to my goal.

Nuclear Werewolf

Nothing written yet today, but I was doing write-y things last night in my notebook. Tried to go to bed early, (before 0000?) but still woke up around 0215 or so. Rar. Tossed and turned the last two hours before muster, so yeah. Meds still don't make me sleepy. Apparently everyone agreed that I looked absolutely horrible all eight hours of duty this morning, and a chief even came by and gave me a tissue. Fun day.

Aiming to write more on Strange Fish tonight. Snagged a bite on FictionPress by someone who's a fan, I guess? Motivating. Now just to progress the story forward, and think of a suitable conflict, since I'm flying by the seat of my pants on this one...

Last night's notebook project may also be expanded upon. Nothing really new, but I was finding trends between the paths the two protagonists take. Decided to run with it, make them more parallel, which also works to flesh out Character Two's plotline, since that was looking a little bare. Working on overarching ideas so I can figure out how the conflict(s) will play themselves out, and how it goes into the next book in the trilogy.
I couple of days ago I did about 400 words for my short story. After I write a paragraph for my Literature class, I'm going to write a bit more for that story ^^ Oh, and on a forum I do translations for, I entered a writing contest. So when I finish this I'm going to enter it. I'm excited since it feels like a group of friends having a friendly competition ^^

Familiar Millionaire

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

@Kurama:
3nodding Sounds good.

My Progress:
Not as much as I wanted with the editing, but I have decided that I will start book two at the scene of the crime, which is making me want to rewrite the first chapter of book one because it starts off more focused on his family life, when the story revolves around his work life just a bit more.
I am tired.

im officially starting on a long list of profiles of characters who i one day will utilize in a story, about 40 of them need to be finished so i can move on with the premise.

have you published any books or are you writing for fun heart

Nuclear Werewolf

Kuramalover23
I'm officially starting on a long list of profiles of characters who I one day will utilize in a story, about forty of them need to be finished so I can move on with the premise.
Oh, wow, that's quite a lot of characters... Are all of these guys developed to a decent extent, or are some more background scenery? Think I'm just impressed because I average about, what, three per short story? sweatdrop I know some of the broader novels can have hundreds...

Progress: 416. neutral Not really impressive, but hey, I broke 10k for the month! This little bit brings my total words in Strange Fish to 3,707 added this year. Rest of it was only from November/December. Head congestion may be getting to me, but I shall soldier on! For a while. Then I'll go to bed.

Almost half-tempted to get another project going simultaneously (meaning pecking out a few hundred in one before switching to the other, rinse and repeat) but that's more something for tomorrow. Duty today means off-going tomorrow! Be free to do as I please after 0900.

Baby update: 834 words, found a good enough place to stop for the night. Worked through some plotting / writing issues; feel accomplished in a small way, having almost exactly doubled my previous wordcount. Still not a lot, but there's always tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff