Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Streaker

*sigh* I got 31 words done, but it was the ending of a chapter, so not too bad.

Questionable Prophet

terradi

Terradiiiiiiiiiiiii!
Hola, congrats on all your progress, good luck with breaking the 100K mark.
I love the idea of super old creatures becoming senile. I've never head of it through. Maybe I'll loook up Patricia Briggs.

@Loper:
Congrats on finishing your chapter. ^^

@Pockey:
I know what you mean, but you shouldn't have to make sacrifices on the grade front.
Maybe writing one day a week can be your schedule. Like on Sunday or something.

OuO That sounds awesome. Maybe I'll try it sometime. 4laugh

@Icehawk:
Whootness!
Good luck with sending them out when you do!

@Zemy:
What Terradi said. Point of View.

My Progress:
I don't have anything to do today so I might just lay around and write all day. Or catch up on Dr. Who...
Already have about 100 words done.

Shy Member

11,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
Completely reformatted my mac, that was a pain in my behind. Hopefully got rid of the virus I had.
I think t.o.m is coming up for me, my emotions are all over the place and I'm getting cranky. crying
Oh my goodness, so much has happened since I've last been on Gaia. Some things good and some things bad. I'm so stressed out because my family and I had to move out of our apartment this week; there were plenty of goodbyes. Plus, I had to go to school, I felt like dropping out.
While I was packing up I put most of my stories in storage. No distractions because I'll just be working on four ideas for now.

Questionable Prophet

They Fall
Oh my goodness, so much has happened since I've last been on Gaia. Some things good and some things bad. I'm so stressed out because my family and I had to move out of our apartment this week; there were plenty of goodbyes. Plus, I had to go to school, I felt like dropping out.
While I was packing up I put most of my stories in storage. No distractions because I'll just be working on four ideas for now.

Hey. ^^
Welcome back.

Sorry to hear about the stress, and I'm glad you didn't drop out. What are the four ideas?

@Bubbles:
gonk I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Hope Tom comes and goes quickly.

My Progress:
More words.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

Hola, congrats on all your progress, good luck with breaking the 100K mark.
I love the idea of super old creatures becoming senile. I've never head of it through. Maybe I'll loook up Patricia Briggs.

I always feel guilty about posting when I'm not working on anything. ^^ Being able to come on and talk about writing because I'm actually writing stuff is my treat to myself.

Anne Rice plays with the idea a bit. The more I build on the idea of vampires having the ability to live forever, but of violent fights and insanity talking them out the more I like it. The vampire series I started when I was sixteen dealt with the idea of these big secret groups and political factions that really don't like that much now.

I'm beginning to think that I'd be better off taking bits and pieces of that big, ambitious plot arc and putting them into other things. Which would be ... well, a little painful to do in some ways, because this is something I started thirteen years ago, and it would mean that I'm giving up on ever getting the stuff I started with my best friend finished. And ohh, there are some parts of it and characters that I adore and really don't want to abandon. I don't feel like it's ever going to be completed and I'm dissatisfied with the logic behind a lot of the world now in ways that I don't think can be cleverly fixed. I don't know. I need to think about it.

Questionable Codger

8,600 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Loper Doper
Lahrette"
I don't want to start 6th form next week

Ah, I feel your pain, I start Year 10 on Monday - really do not want to begin French coursework!

French coursework doesn't seem to matter too much - I completely failed mine yet still got a decent grade overall. What're you planning on taking for your options? I took History, Food Tech and Phil & Eth (I took easy subjects because everything I wanted to do was compulsory anyway) and ended up with 2a*s, 4a's and 5b's... along with an e in dance that I'd like to forget. I'm going on to take bio, chem, maths and polisci this year.

You start on Monday? I've got until Wednesday (though I really want more time!)
I have had no progress. Thinking of taking a small break.

Questionable Streaker

Lahrette

French coursework doesn't seem to matter too much - I completely failed mine yet still got a decent grade overall. What're you planning on taking for your options? I took History, Food Tech and Phil & Eth (I took easy subjects because everything I wanted to do was compulsory anyway) and ended up with 2a*s, 4a's and 5b's... along with an e in dance that I'd like to forget. I'm going on to take bio, chem, maths and polisci this year.

You start on Monday? I've got until Wednesday (though I really want more time!)

Yeah, Monday. Luckily they let me start at 11am on my first day back.

It's not the French coursework as much as the teacher. She's a really good teacher, but quite strict and scary. But the best always are "/

I'm taking Triple Science & IT [IT is non-optional for Triple Science students], Art BTEC, History and French.
My first time posting in here, and hopefully won't be the last anytime soon. Finally I've decided to start on writing my book. Currently, I'm just in the process of doing chapter summaries. Hopefully I'll be ready to start the actual chapter writing in the next day or two.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Blerrrrgh. I've had one of those kind of realizations, the kind where you finally realize what doesn't feel right in a story, and it means you're going to have to rewrite at least 15k, probably more.

I so wanted this thing done and edited by October, but I don't think it's gonna happen at this rate... emo

Anyway, my progress: I've done some editing on the first part of the "novella" (now at 79k! XD ) although I was really caught on a tricky patch for a couple days. Then while procrastinating surfing writing blogs, I saw something that sparked the above realization. Now I know why my ending feels slow and bland and how I can hopefully fix it.

I'm finishing up a 2600 word "prolog" that I'll probably just make chapter one since people hate prologs so much. It's the first step in the fixing process. Then my plan is to go ahead and edit up to the point where I need to start changing. I should have a new idea outlined by then.

No new progress on the SF novel... Someone please throw a shoe at me and tell me to get moving.. Y_Y

Junior Seeker

10,025 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I tihnk It's by time I start a new book.......
After the many many many failures in idea, and no inspiration. I think I may have it.

Anxious Browser

10,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
This month will become the changing point of my life.
I may never write again if I go through with my decision.
Hell, I don't think I'll even come back to Gaia either since I'll be pretty damn old by then.
All of my writing progresses have come to a complete and total stop.
My work will not continue until I make a choice on what career I want to choose in my life.
If I don't go through with my decision, I will forever be a coward on the inside, but I'll still be able to write.
On the other end...I'll never write again, but I'll grow up to become a much stronger individual.
Decisions, decisions...What to do...

Questionable Prophet

Adara Leoni

Hey, welcome to the thread.
Congrats on starting, it's one of my favorite steps. What's your story going to be about?

@Terradi:
That makes since.
Sometimes I think I wouldn't get any writing done if I didn't come to this thread and feel guilty. sweatdrop
I haven't really read any of Anne Rice's vampire stuff.

That's always a hard part in writing. Could you stretch it out into a series, possibly?
But reinventing a character in a new setting is always fun.

@Sanjifan:
You just finished a big project.
I'd understand why you would take a break.

@Flea:
Well..congrats on editing the first half!!! 4laugh
Prolog into first chapter is always a good choice.
Well...at least you realized what was wrong with the the story. What's the blog/article that sparked your inspirationrealization?

And go, go, go! on the scifi story.

Wings of Reparation

May I ask how old you are?
And what are you choosing between, career wise?
I hope you chose what means the most to you.

Questionable Prophet

Lindseta
I tihnk It's by time I start a new book.......
After the many many many failures in idea, and no inspiration. I think I may have it.

OuO Oh, congrats!
What is it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas