Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Big Tipper 100
I’ll read yours! You’re looking for feedback?
It’s been a slow week/month but somehow I have gotten back to writing the concluding chapters/episodes of my new novel.

Agile Protagonist

18,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Survivor 150
So, tiny planet of my MC that I love.
It now has guild systems as established lore pertaining with the lore of the historical population changes.
The planet's bank is even more established as total garbage morality.
Made an old man with the gift of gab- it takes up two pages without breaks. Gonna need to get back to that.

Ugh, I can't even enjoy writing villains right now.
Feels like I truly did inherit nearly 300 years of familial depression with this lack of motivation.
Mom's favorite football team was financially blackmailed into bending the knee to social media fueling sponsorship abuse.
Good news is that I can squeeze that disgust I feel for immoral companies into the lore to further make the planet's guild lore more intriguing.
Bad news is that nearly 75 pages into realizing all this, I'm going to have to start a new chapter delving deep in the country boy style, rather than the royal or mercenary responsibilities.

Agile Protagonist

18,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Survivor 150
Worked on the sentience of the MC's old and new weapons, made consequences for that in a high stakes batttle. Hope to add more of the dysfunctional team throughout the mid to final chapters. But probably won't, since MC is more lazy/passive. Plus I need to work on his remembrance of past life techniques.

Agile Protagonist

18,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Survivor 150
I added colorblindness onto an alien character, but it’s not very well established throughout the chapters.

Any feedback or information on how to handle the character discussing new object colors would be helpful.
The character has difficulty of telling apart R/Y and B/G, and is described as humanlike, minus the alien features and very odd bloodstream.
I usually have the said character go off known colors of experienced items.

What sort of Earthly color combination shades would denote the need for introducing such colorblindness?
(I’m thinking some major edits of the Royal alien drama chapter might be in session for adding more to fill in the rather quick plot gaps.)
while i'm still brain storming on how my story will end, i have decided to review my whole ms from the start.

Agile Protagonist

18,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Survivor 150
Every time I want to write or edit, I find myself adding in dialogue of experienced interactions that annoy me.
The characters don't really argue about the dialogue, despite the dysfunctional setting.
I know I'm writing an endless story with no clear direction or straight line flow to it, but it feels like I'm doing all this for nothing.
Every time I would try to draw or write something, all I would get is nasty criticism with something along the lines of "how you should do things."
I feel like doing what I do, so if it's fun for me, why am I caring so much about how my story sucks?

Agile Protagonist

18,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Survivor 150
No progress, still have tons of stuff to organize and revise.
Went back to the marriage scene, it totally sucked, so I went back to it in the hopes that I can eventually draw it out long enough to create actual tension.
Spent time on PSO2 working on that Mission Pass, and wasted multiple days on Pokemon Home making labels and organizing disorganized and random boxes.
809 in my Nat Pokedex, that's how lazy I've been since the start at Pokemon Ruby, and the end of my Pearl/Platinum glory days.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Agile Protagonist

18,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Survivor 150
I'm at the point of having so many extra sub chapters, that I'm thinking the backstories ought to be added into the main story.
Will probably start from Season One and go through the context and organizational edits from there, but it's a lot of copying and pasting content that I'm probably going to end up revising again.

Sexy Vampire

XX_FallenDreamm_XX
Aegys
I finished typing the main part of the book! I have three bonus chapters to type, which I will probably finish in 2-3 days. I also made the book cover and it was received well. Hoping to draft a few blurbs in the coming days, and then I can finally start posting the story on my Wattpad.

ooh, that sounds so fun! I want to read on your wattpad! Also--if you post on wattpad, does that mean you can't one day publish it? (I recently put the start of my story on wattpad and I'm wondering if this disqualifies me from publishing the whole thing later)

I can't believe I'm just now seeing your reply. Sorry for taking forever to respond! Here is the link.

I retain full rights to my book and I could in theory publish it traditionally in the future if I wanted. But I also know that a lot of traditional publishers don't like when people post their completed drafts to Wattpad sweatdrop

If you want to traditionally publish your story, I would advise against posting the entire story on Wattpad, as you don't want to diminish your chances.

Sexy Vampire

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

"Image' like what are they going to look like?
I didn't phrase the questions very clearly.

The excitement of the first draft and discovering what the story is going to be about is one of my favorite parts, especially as a pantser.
Thanks for taking a read!

Right now I'm reading "The Death Watch" by Ari Berk.
I read it years ago, but just got the last book in the series so I'm giving it a reread.

No problem! I imagine them as having general humanoid shape, but with some defining characteristics. My fae are all tall, short members of their kind are 6 feet. They have long, elven-like ears, sharp teeth/fangs, and have a wide range of skin tones and eye colors. Rosy pinks, jade green, garnet red for skin for example, although they can also have skin tones that's in more of a normal range. Same for eye colors.

I actually decided to step away from the story for a moment and work on a short story that I've spent the past few days exploring. I do plan to get back to it, but I think I need a bit of a buffer piece before delving headfirst into my second novel after all sweatdrop

Anxious Smoker

3,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Finding this post inspired me to begin free writing chapter two of a story I'm working on.

Agile Protagonist

18,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Survivor 150
Found some cute sneakers my eyes got attached to, but they're too expensive and run narrow.
Since they're also out of stocked from existence, I've decided to describe a knockoff version of them in my story as the butt of yet another joke to young adult MC's attire.
Hoping the reference is vague so that if I ever decide to publish the graphic novel in the future, only shoe enthusiasts would get a faint idea of the reference.
Most hilarious part of this inside joke is that China is already steamrolling in the knockoffs of that shoe for a "more affordable" $60.

Asechii's Wife

Wrote over 9k yesterday.
Gonna try for 10k today.
And then maybe sleep.

Agile Protagonist

18,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Survivor 150
After realizing that a few chapters I had combined contained the old style of first person view, I have inadvertently devised a procrastination plan where I purposefully avoided fixing that.
Also need to get other members of the main cast's backstories into the first season instead of as the current pages off to the side.
Have also failed to properly describe pretty much everyone from introduction, and have also procrastinated on condensing that as well.
(Despite the side character intro pages with major info dumps.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff