Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Gekko

I'm on hiatus again because reasons. I don't know when I'll get back into writing but it doesn't seem like it'll be all that soon. Then again, who knows.

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
*Takes a deep breath* You know that contest I entered? I thought I wasn't even gonna make it past round 1, but... I MADE IT PAST ROUND ONE :'D

I'm hoping I'll end up passing round 2, too. Two new judges are gonna read my short, and I hope they like it T.T And if I go to round 3... I think I'll get published, or become awfully close T.T

They invited me and my family over for a special event next week where they'll announce the winners. I'm really, really nervous, and I don't want to get my hopes up xP

I've started writing yet another short story for my creative writing class--I'm halfway through--and I've edited the first one a bit. I'm working on my novel today, too. My teacher read the flash I sent him, I think. He said he was gonna critique it... one or two nights ago. But it's all right, I'm a patient child ouo'

I'm gonna post some poetry in the poetry subforums, too. I wanna improve my poetry-writing skills so... TwT
Sindrellia

I dont really have a region in mind but pretty much along the lines of the game of throne series. I dont really need anything too specific because I wont have alot of dates in there mainly I need the dialogue of that period, clothing, food, etc. Im finding alot of different variations and not sure which one is true, or if it even matters.

The Medieval Period lasted from approximately the 5th to the 15th century. It's an enormous time period, and there's a huge amount of international interplay between the various states of Europe, North Africa, the Near East, and even the Far East (Mongols, Turks, etc).

Clothing, language, food, etc., changes based on region and timeframe. Game of Thrones was probably based on a mixture of the High and Late Middle Ages in West Europe, like a lot of low fantasy is.

However, the whole of the Middle Ages provides an enormous amount of information to work with, in regards to inspiration, and there's no reason to narrow yourself.

Squama's Bestie

Leaf

I know that somewhere in this thread someone had made an "@" post with Similies+Metaphors (me) and I kind of just want to say, thank you for the advice! And also for the nice words. C: I totally appreciate it, guys, and its an awesome feeling knowing that there's some help. emotion_kirakira

Two more days 'till my birthday, and therefore two more days 'till I kind of kick off Gaia for a bit to see what I can finish up on my own. I figured that before I do that, it'd be a good idea to kick around Barton and finish up / wrap up replies and things that people are waiting on, send PMs to people, and yeah. orz Finish that, sign off, and just chilll and write.

I kind of thought about changing up my writing a little bit. My MC was / is originally male, but I'm thinking of going with female. I thought that I should make it a straightforward "kicked out into the wilderness and now we have to survive!" kind of deal, but naaahhh, lemme torture my character a bit. emotion_kirakira Transition through illness, deal with wildness and survival with lack of any intelligence or experience with it, and I don't know whether or not to incorporate stuff like people who've been living on the surface, or mutants, or what.

But you know what? I'm kind of happy that I've had this little tidbit pop into my head last minute. The more that I kind of talk and share about it with you guys, the more detailed it becomes, little by little. C:

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
Stress yaaay.... also, I'm writing ANOTHER short story ^_^ And I'm editing... 3-ish as we speak. biggrin *grabs imaginary butterbeer* *gets wasted*

Squama's Bestie

Leaf

Alright! Today's the day I'm signing off for a bit; going to be gone for two weeks and maybe come back online later. Kind of some good timing, too - it's my birthday today, then later it's Mother's Day and then my Nana's birthday (deceased, but I kind of have to keep an eye on my mom. orz ) So it's going to be hectic on top of the moving and organizing of the junk we have here.

I'll tell you guys what's up when I get back!
    See you soon, PYP writers. emotion_kirakira

Hopeful Supporter

13,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
Till the moment i have only advanced 5% of the full story that i have in mind. Currently i am on chapter 2 and have it 60% completed and has gone through a series of re-writes for a whole year 'cause i dont feel the caracters or the dialogue to be what i wish it to be. I will try to end this chapter by the end of this week.

Sarcastic Punk

1k into a short
it's a really polished/smooth 1k, so much rewriting emo
Lots of editing. Hit with a rejection from a short. Had one of those moments of doubt about ever writing anything publishable, but dismissed it as fast a it rose. Just have to keep at it. Keep writing. Keep editing. Keep submitting. smile

@SebastiansLittleDoll
Good luck! I'll keep the congrats on the ice for your big win!

Sparkly Gekko

Finished chapter five of Faerie Fugitive. The ending took it in a direction that might make it go deeper than just satire, which is really interesting actually. Anyway, all that's left is to type it up and post it.
11 chapters left for this draft and probably before the querying begins.

Dapper Dabbler

First book is done, ready to be sold. It's gonna be available for preorder starting tomorrow.

As for the second, eh... I wrote one line and got stuck. Though I think internet is distracting me, so it'll be time to break out the notebook and do this the old fashioned way.

The first book took me 4 years from start to finish. I'd prefer to get this one done in one year or less.

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
I'm gonna try getting a ninety on the next creative writing assignment, so me and my friend are gonna hustle. *-* (as in, he's gonna critique me and help me improve and be my moral support 'cause apparently I need that TwT)
Since my last update, things became very hectic, very fast, and regularly scheduled writing time was impossible. Wouldn't be denied or ignored though, managing a random paragraph or two, every few days instead of all in one day. With a solid empty weekend for once, I got another 10 pages done, making the grand total since last check in about 12 pages, and a new chapter. Editing of both chapters will come another day, because I'm finally at the start of this section that I've had in my head forever. I want to get through it before month end, and then I'll reread and edit it. All in all, stressful weeks coming to an end, and one highly productive writing weekend down. Sorely miss those kinds of weekends, when the pages pass without notice, and it's hard to stop writing for things, like sleep.
I finished publishing my book!!!!!!! heart heart heart heart heart

I have published my first book for sale for $100 a copy:
https://www.createspace.com/5478176

Black Bible
The Black Bible explains the innerworkings of Magick. The Magick knowledge from this book blesses the Magick User with power of The Arcane. This book will open up the world of Witchcraft and Magic to you.

"If something doesn't exalt you; defy it."
~Raine Ashford

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out