Welcome to Gaia! ::

*cuddles thread*

[+1] 1 100.0% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 78 ]

Nuclear Werewolf

'Sup Muffers? Which movie was it?

I'm still hungry, but made myself some Gatorade to take the edge off. May resort to eating some fruit to kill it off further before I go on to bed in... eventually.

Debating re-printing that Gutenberg thing, but I already feel bad about the waste of paper. gonk This is a printed copy I want to have for years and years, though, so I think in the end it's worth it.

Get around to formatting the rest of the series properly so those can get printed too, later on. Still need to sew the signatures together, and sometime soon I ought to go find me some gauze-y type fabric to make the binding stronger.

AurinJade's Wife

alberic: ouuh? what's a "Gutenberg" thing? and it was the movie, "Awakenings," starring Robert de Niro and Robin Williams. i had to watch it once way back in high school, but watching it now that i'm older gives me newfound appreciation for it. i remember the ending being particularly sad and so won't watch it, but the first hour is magnificent!

Lord Zy's Wife

Greedy Bloodsucker

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I am 150 words away form my goal today.

Nuclear Werewolf

Ah, never watched that movie before.

Project Gutenberg is an online database that houses the text of public domain books, and it's awesome. I've made it a goal of mine to copy and format some of the ones I feel like I oughta read, and then print them out and hand-bind physical hardcover copies for myself and my eventual progeny. Sorta like a mixed literary/art project. 3nodding

Current project is A Princess of Mars. Gonna get all the Barsoom novels done some day, then move onto the Oz books, some Alexandre Dumas, the Allan Quatermain novels, et cetera...

Also, when I have finished writing projects, I wanna give those the same treatment. blaugh

You can do it, Kendra!

Lord Zy's Wife

Greedy Bloodsucker

Good night Everyone, sweet dreams.
I hope you all have wonderful days tomorrow.

AurinJade's Wife

THE OZ BOOKS. GOOD CALL. I USED TO LOVE THOSE. that sounds like a fun project, though! if a bit time-consuming? ;DDDD and hey: you definitely get your writing done so you can format into the same process. i am counting on you!

fantastic work, kendra! you can do it! you're doing well today with creative diligence. i'm quite proud of you! KEEP AT IT. and good night!!

Nuclear Werewolf

Aw, shucks, Muffers. Y'sure know how to make a guy feel motivated. emotion_kirakira

Ha,time-intensive projects have always been my thing. Used to love putting puzzles together, and I was working on a chainmail hauberk for a while at some point... Heck, even writing takes a while! For some reason simple, repetitive tasks appeal to me.

Good night, Kendra. 3nodding Sleep well.

AurinJade's Wife

A HAUBERK? I AM IMPRESSED. i need to stop caps-whoring my entire life. but yes: definitely do write and make sure you get a goddamned lot done, y'hear? i'll be watching ...

O______O

(need to work on my own s**t, anyway. literally got nothing else better to do. trollol.)

Lord Zy's Wife

Greedy Bloodsucker

emotion_hug Muff and Al thanks so much for the words of cheer. Okay good night for real.

Nuclear Werewolf

Git t'bed, Kendra, gotta rest up for another awesome day of WRITING! Yeah!

Ha, only got like a third of my hauberk done, Muffers, but that was more due to a material deficiency than anything else. I'd like to get to work on another one someday... At my next shore command, probably, unless I can find tons of extra 12 gauge wire on my ship that no one's using... ninja Mwahaha.

What's your current project?

AurinJade's Wife

alberic: what's your occupation, if you don't mind my asking? soldier/marine/similar? i keep getting all these hints and yet i can't determine for sure. (DAMN CURIOUS THOUGH.) the mention of "your ship" piqued the s**t outta my interest.

my current project is fixing my series. the first novel is garbage, the second novel is half-written and also garbage. doing research to fix all the glaring plot holes. how about you? what's your current project(s)?

Nuclear Werewolf

(Whoops this is what I get for wandering off to watch origami tutorials on Youtube and folding signatures...)

Muffers: Nominally a sailor in the US Navy, but I'm still in training. So much training... crying

Ah, at least you have first drafts of novel-sized things already. I've only just like today or yesterday crossed into proper novella territory... sweatdrop Have some ideas I'd like to work on, though.

Plans are for a trilogy (because why not and it's a three-part story anyway) and a prequel for that, (character backstory) and shittons of side stories to flesh out my conworld and stuff. Also have various science fiction and existential and miscellaneous short stories.

Most prominent works-in-progress are the novella (called "Strange Fish," also on my FP) and the prequel to the aforementioned wannabe trilogy. Sometimes work on the first book, but I'd like to have a developed outline before I dive in. Had plans to try to get something of another novella done last November, but that didn't happen, haha. Calling that one "Demonaic" for now. Supposed to be my take on a werewolf story. Usually jump around with other short stories, because I have so damn many.

Got that haiku thing, too; challenging myself to write 2,013 this year. Making a surprisingly decent dent in that one.

What's the plot to your current projects, if you don't mind me asking?

AurinJade's Wife

don't worry about it. i wandered off, too, clearly! that sailor-in-training thing is still cool. good work on ya, priming yourself for service. i commend the intention!

and oh lala, a trilogy? is that link in your signature a link to your original work? if so, i shall have to check it out sometime! a novel-length work is difficult, certainly; it took me almost two years to complete mine (though i slacked off for a about 9 months of those without doing substantial writing.) what are your own plans for your trilogy? do you have an outline planned for them at all? mind if i inquire as to what your pending plot(s) is? xDD

as for my own plot, it's just an exploration of the human condition and its issues with faith, humility, and freedom. and i manage to masquerade that s**t behind a front of genre-conventional theatric and celestial warfare where sluts get super powers and black holes possess people. YAY FOR RANDOM s**t. 8DD

Nuclear Werewolf

Haha, thanks... It gets the bills paid, at least. Tax dollars hard at work, right here. xd

Yup, the sig-link goes straight to my FictionPress page. Mostly haiku for some reason; need to finish more short stories. Got some fable-type things I do for fun, and that AU novella fic I've been warring on. All first draft stuff, but it's something.

I know in general what I want to do with each of the books in said trilogy, but the details are still sort've fuzzy. Ha, compared to what you're working on, mine sounds pretty plain... Basically an evolved version of a story I started writing back in... when was sixth grade? s**t, 2002? No way. But yeah, it's an "average kid finds himself on a strange world, does stuff" sort of plot. Now that I'm more cognizant of the typically associated tropes and clichés, I want to play around with it, deconstruct this, invert that... Like, how would a real person react in that situation and the assorted shitty things resultant of falling face-first onto an alien planet populated with a wide range of natives? Also an excuse to develop and waltz around in my conworld.

Prequel delves into the past of the co-protagonist, a surly native with a depressing history. Another effort at trying to create a believable backstory involving violent orphaning, civil unrest, racial tension, criminal activity, and the wonderful effect that has on a growing lad. Should be a fun ride (for me).

AurinJade's Wife

alberic: that does sound like quite a fun ride, actually! is your choice genre science fiction then, based on the "strange and foreign planet" inclusion? or are you going a more fantastical route with it? and is this more of an adult-oriented series or YA? /curiosity getting the better of me lolol.

answer my questions and i will definitely read in the morning before work! i'm going to bed now, though. ******** 2:30 a.m. and i ain't got no goddamned sleep in me since eleventy hours ago. adios, amigo!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff