Welcome to Gaia! ::

*cuddles thread*

[+1] 1 100.0% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 78 ]

High-functioning Noob

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Lena: hooooooly.... O.O Wow, that's seriously insane. XD Can you teach me how to do that? emotion_kirakira

Adler & Al: Thanks for asking! Honestly I'm not even sure what to call it... It's kind of a 'period piece' set in a specific bit of culture and history (if that makes sense?) and I've generalized it as a 50-50 split between romance and (morbid) fantasy elements?

Rather, the setting is historical, the premise and plot is based on my own creative twist on the occult, but the focus is on the relationships (not all romantic) between the characters. I actually decided to write it because I wanted to make something that shows a clear difference between healthy and unhealthy relationships and also show the personal development of very complex, and usually morally conflicted, realistic characters. In other words, the bad guys aren't really bad, but the good guys aren't really good either. I feel like we don't have enough of those lying around.

Anyway...
Hope that made sense. x.O

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Distinct Hunter

Sorry, Al. Missed your post. And yes I would love your home address. I can send care packages.

Oh and, Lena, feel free to call me Blue or Jay or Adler. Everyone here calls me some variation there of.

Tol: Admirable endeavor. Sounds interesting as well. I love stories that focus on non-romantic relationships. I think it would also be nice in the current literature environment to have novels that differentiate between healthy and unhealthy relationships. How far along are you?

Nuclear Werewolf

Jay: Ha, maybe if we do a thread Secret Santa... But there are two regulars or semi-regulars who already have that bit of information (whether they know it or not, mwahaha).

Lekzsi: Gusta la premise. So not really genre fiction per se, but it still sounds interesting and vaguely Lovecraftian. Except maybe with less casual racism? cat_rofl

High-functioning Noob

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

edit:
Al: lul wut? XD

Adler: You understand me. ;~; -clings-

I am almost halfway through the novel, but I have managed to plan a trilogy for it that as it goes along will slowly become more and more action-centered as it will have a lot of (justified) killing. The first book will have a cast of... eight main characters (counting my twins as one character) and there are only two romantic relationships that develop between all of them, which I think is fairly mild. The non-romantic bonds that form between all the characters are unique and do change a lot during the story, though, and that's how I plan to keep it interesting along with the mysterious/morbid occult shtuff.

But yeah, I think the market or especially the more impressionable audience could use something along those lines... >.>
/growing concern for the young twilight fanbase.

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Distinct Hunter

Al: I think a secret santa on thread would just be giving gaia items. There are people on thread who know where you live?

Tol: I'm glad I get you. I'm also glad there is someone not focusing on romantic relationships. Although, I don't intend not to focus on them. I just end up skipping them or blanking on them. Seriously, I apparently missed a lot of romantic sub-text in Hunger Games...

I worry about Twilight fans too. But I have had some conversations with some fans that did recognize what was wrong about the relationships in those books.

Speaking of secret santa- I'm doing a thing!! Spoiler tag for long post.

Its not all set up yet, but at least I have a tentative list for what will happen. I'm announcing it here, then I'll be making a google doc with the link in my signature!

Anyhow, I'm giving away items!! Sorta.

I have a bunch of items I don't want, and I'm too lazy to try to sell them. SO...

There will be three ways to get an item from the list I post.
1) Make me avvie art of one of my kitsune avvies! Morse already did one. It is my current sig.

2) Match one of my Nonnie challenges. They are in my signature. If you complete one of the challenges that Nonnie has given me, I shall give you a prize in turn. You pick from the list. (I'm too lazy to go through wishlists to see if anyone wants the items I have).

3) Make an actual gold offer or trade offer for something on my wishlist.

There it is! I'll post the list of things. I don't even know if people want anything on it, but hey, doesn't hurt to try.

Nuclear Werewolf

Jay: People have my home address by virtue of me making monetary transactions, but no one probably made the connection to address and name. emotion_awesome Only one person here knows my first name, and that person is not one of the two who have my address.

Ha, though I could have stuff routed to my ship, since we can get mail there... emotion_dowant I'unno, I like the idea of sending folks arts in the mail. Just need to get drawing...

I like your idea for inventory-clearing! Any particular kitsune avi in mind?

Distinct Hunter

Al: Mind doing me favor and seeing if you can access the link? Wanna make sure it works.

You could get stuff routed to your ship. That would be interesting, but then we'd all know your real name. *le gasp*

I don't have a particular avvie in mind. I change it every other day or whenever I get bored. Its why I'm letting people have discretion. If you don't want to draw my current avvie, wait a day for another one to pop up. Or 30 minutes. Since I was going through my inventory, I now wanna try to make a blue kitsune (since I'm a Bluejay).

High-functioning Noob

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Adler: Yeah, the novels will cover all types of relationships and some (but not many or large) age gaps. There is also an aspect of the characters dealing with racism, cultural, and language barriers that were appropriate for the time. Also includes straight, gay, bi, and asexual love. I want to get all my bases covered for diversity's sake but so far it all works really well for what I have planned, and should do well to make the story and the characters interesting. 3nodding

But yeah, with that said, not many have taken an interest to betareading it... .__.;

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Distinct Hunter

Tol: I wish you luck finding a beta reader. I would love to read it, but I don't believe I have any skills as a beta reader.

Nuclear Werewolf

Jay: Link works just fine!

Ha, if I route mail to my ship, I could put my name as something like "Fireman Smuckatelli," since it just goes to my shop to be distributed from there. emotion_awesome Anon powers, go!

[edit] You're getting rid of the Box of Totally Innocent Objects?!?! Maaaaan I want to call dibs on that so bad. crying

Lekszi: I'm always interested in reading other folks' stuff... cat_sweatdrop Need to branch out genre-wise anyway; been hitting the military sci-fi kinda hard lately.

Distinct Hunter

Al: If you do that, I'm putting some extremely ridiculous name just so you have to answer to it. ((Could not at this moment think of an example)).

Go ahead and call dibs if you want.

Nuclear Werewolf

Jay: C-could I? emotion_kirakira Because that one item could lead to the genesis of many lulz, and there's no way I could scrounge up five-point-five bil to buy it. crying

I think tomorrow I will be doing much drawing.

AurinJade's Wife

ALBERIC, YOU COULD HAVE JUST ASKED. - flips table -

Distinct Hunter

Al: You have been marked down. It is on hold for you. Let me know when you see an avvie you like and I'll keep it (since by your statement, I assume you are doing avvie art).

Distinct Hunter

Hiya, Muffers!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas