Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Free gold!!

Yay!!! 1 100.0% [ 262 ]
Total Votes:[ 262 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 674 675 676 > >> >>> »|

Revered Nerd

xXRed Moon VampiressXx

I think I just added you as a buddy on the Nano site.
I heard a few people mentioning word wars, do you know what that is?

You did, I added you back. That is assuming you are JahaymeJ.

Word wars are when you write at a set time for a certain amount of time (5, 10, 15 mintues). You the count however many words you wrote, post the number and chat. I have seen them for certain amounts of words but we use the time version in this thread.

Setting one up is easy and usually goes like this:

Word war at :30 for 15?

We use just the minutes as the hour of the day (or night) can change with the timezones.

People will then post if they are in. When the time arrives, you write.

Mikael Meister's Buttercup

Dedcadent Abductee

23,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
whimsicaldreamer

You did, I added you back. That is assuming you are JahaymeJ.

Word wars are when you write at a set time for a certain amount of time (5, 10, 15 mintues). You the count however many words you wrote, post the number and chat. I have seen them for certain amounts of words but we use the time version in this thread.

Setting one up is easy and usually goes like this:

Word war at :30 for 15?

We use just the minutes as the hour of the day (or night) can change with the timezones.

People will then post if they are in. When the time arrives, you write.

Yep that is me. I just want to say thanks again for the help. I've been trying to decide on what I want to write about. I see you plus other already have titles and descriptions already done. I may have to some research.

Revered Nerd

xXRed Moon VampiressXx

Yep that is me. I just want to say thanks again for the help. I've been trying to decide on what I want to write about. I see you plus other already have titles and descriptions already done. I may have to some research.

(:

Do you have any ideas for a story or a favorite genre?

And if you do not have a title or description don't sweat it, plenty of people leave those blank. Plenty of people also go in without any ideas.

My first Nano I had to come up with a second idea halfway through the month, last one I came up with a third about a third of the way through the month. That last idea had all of three or four lines as a description.

My back up story this year has nothing but: Western Romance NO FANTASY OR MAGIC AT ALL

Shy Fatcat

I've never really participated in NaNo, but I may give it go simply for the challenge. I always like a good challenge.

Peaceful Lunatic

i am book worm
I've never really participated in NaNo, but I may give it go simply for the challenge. I always like a good challenge.

That's cool! Welcome to our madness! xd

If anyone wants to add me as a buddy on the NaNo site, I have the same username over there. I'll add you back.

Dedcadent Abductee

23,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
whimsicaldreamer

(:

Do you have any ideas for a story or a favorite genre?

And if you do not have a title or description don't sweat it, plenty of people leave those blank. Plenty of people also go in without any ideas.

My first Nano I had to come up with a second idea halfway through the month, last one I came up with a third about a third of the way through the month. That last idea had all of three or four lines as a description.

My back up story this year has nothing but: Western Romance NO FANTASY OR MAGIC AT ALL

After talking to you I am thinking about doing maybe horror or a mystery.

Dedcadent Abductee

23,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
i am book worm
That's exactly why I decided to do it this year. I heard other people talking about it aned finally looked it up.

3,900 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I have been trying to do NaNo for YEARS and never made it very far. Three days tops.

I'm gonna try again - most of this month will be spent researching and planning. I'm trying to decide if I wanna do a steampunk or a zombie apocalypse.

One year I tried to do FOUR. Yeah, we're not trying THAT one again...

Revered Nerd

@ Red Moon

gaia_nitemareleft Sounds like fun, and planning it will be fitting for October. gaia_nitemareright
OooooOooooOooo

@ iPod Vixen

Steampunk Zombies? emotion_zombie

Four stories at a time seems a little much for Nano, I did three last year and they were consecutive. Although the last one fizzled out.

A tip to get further than a few days, give your self a reward for doing certain things.
This year when I reach the daily 1666 I am going to teach my self a new sign (which will mostly be whatever that word happens to be).
Last year I started out with one and quickly decided I wanted to write the second one more. Instead of switching I told myself the quicker I reach 50k the sooner I get to start on the second.

@ Youseine_Mei
I believe you added me as your buddy on the Nano site, I added you back.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
My name's youjik33 over there if anyone wants to add me = )

Shy Fatcat

Ysavvryl
i am book worm

That's cool! Welcome to our madness! xd

If anyone wants to add me as a buddy on the NaNo site, I have the same username over there. I'll add you back.

Okay, will do. smile Thanks.

Shy Fatcat

xXRed Moon VampiressXx
i am book worm
That's exactly why I decided to do it this year. I heard other people talking about it aned finally looked it up.

That's awesome. I hope something great comes out of it.

Beloved Seeker

I'm participating in NaNo again this year (PenroseParadox is my username), although I'm also going to be writing a whole slue of short stories and dipping my toes into the whole poetry thing (blackout poetry is really interesting me lately) in addition to NaNo.

As far as what I'm doing to prepare: I'm doing an outline of sorts. I started last year without a big plan, so my "novel" was just a big ball of "FIGURE OUT SOMETHING TO DO! SENSE? WHO NEEDS THAT JUST GET TO WORDCOUNT, KAY?" that wasn't even worth editing. I got to 50K, but a good chunk of it was just "whut". I know the writing is supposed to be very rough, but I'm hoping a bit of pre-direction will help make it less of a "what was I thinking when I made this decision" when I reread my stuff.

Also, i am book worm, I adore your pug. I'm assuming that's you in your sig, but still: adorable. <3

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
It's really interesting to see that some of you take on more than one story or project for NaNo - I've never heard of people doing that before. How do you cope with the stress? I struggle enough to write one story sweatdrop

But good luck to those of you brave enough to divide your time between multiple projects biggrin

Questionable Prophet

I always use NaNo to take a break from my main projects. I want to finish the lost-count-of-which-I'm-on draft of my novel and then research and outline for my NaNo.
I'm actually outlining this year. O.O

If anyone wants to add me I'm OfficerFuzzy over there if you want to add me.

@iPod Vixen:
Four stories in a month? That'd be about one per week....Were they suppose to be short stories?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff