PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

4,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
If God Was One Of Us

“In the backstage room there are three mirrors surrounded by candles,” our speaker said as the sun set on my last day at my first church camp, “Next to the candles are dry erase markers. I want you to look at yourself in every mirror and write what you see. Then, after you have done that, make your way out to center stage.”

I walked to the backstage room and came upon the three mirrors in a row. I grabbed a marker and stood in front of the first one. I saw all the dreams and goals I had in life and thought of all the desire in my heart. In the top right corner, in fancy letters, I wrote ‘desire.’ I moved on to the second mirror, marker in hand. I looked carefully at myself, trying to see something on the inside. Trying to sort of see inside my heart, but all I could see was my face which was covered in freckles, my hair a frizzy and curly mess. I did not hesitate to write the word ‘ugly’ in the center of the mirror. With a hint of sorrow in my soul, I came to the third and final mirror. Here, I recalled my home life. How my mother always scowls when I come out of my room to spend time with everyone. How my siblings wish they didn’t have such an abnormal older sister. I held the marker up and wrote ‘failure’ in the bottom left corner of the final mirror. I put the cap on my marker and turned around, tears streaming down my face in emotional agony.

As I started to walk back to my seat with my head hanging and my hood up, I accidentally ran into a complete stranger. I looked up to see a guy, about my age, who looked like the identical twin of my best friend. I knew it was someone else, but I had never been so relieved to see a somewhat familiar face. Not knowing me at all, he put his arms around me and gave me a huge hug. He looked me in the eyes and made things very clear for me.

“I know we have never met, but I have seen you around camp all week. I’ve heard you singing on the beach, seen you play pool, and heard you practicing your poetry with one of your friends. With just that, I can tell you are anything but a failure.”

I looked up at him with tears streaming down my face.

“My name is Nathan.”

“Nicole,” I replied.

I walked back to my seat, hood still up as the speaker started talking.

“Sometimes when God wants to console us, he comes in many forms. He can come in the form of a leader, a friend, or even a complete stranger.”

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see Nathan sitting right behind me.

Fashionable Vampire

3,550 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
Wing McCallister
Bed time for me.

Good Night Wing. Close your...eyes. wink Sleep well.
I have a 2nd interview at Magic Mountain tomorrow morning, but ugh! It's retail! But it would be a foot in the Magic Mountain Door!
We will see. We talk hours & duties & pay & future with the Park tomorrow.
Wish me Luck & Sweet Dreams to you Sir Wing. heart
heart heart Hi PK!! heart
that was last night...

I'm fully awake now...

Dangerous Enabler

Yay for interview!
Did you get one, or did you already have?

Dangerous Enabler

Yay for Kate's.

I'm not even looking for a new job until I pass this class. I really want to work in the field it'll open up for me.
I see, Kate's interview.

razz For a sec there, I thought we were getting a major party brewing.

Dangerous Enabler

Lol, not yet. My dearest wish is still to be qualified enough to do emergency medical care in developing nations or at major disasters. It's going to take a while, though. And probably a lot of work.
Yeha.... work is plentiful.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
You'll get there PK.

I've finished both of my English exams now.
Oh and I fell down some concrete stairs. Luckily I caught my elbows on the rails else I would have maimed my face, arms and chest (I am wearing a low cut top.) Just a few minor grazes.
I ended up saying "Wow...that was lucky" when my English teacher screamed and asked if I was okay whilst repeatedly saying sorry for taking my hand and rushing down the stairs.
Howdy Solar.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Wing McCallister
Howdy Solar.

Hey wing.
Lol, I just realised that I may have looked like a bit of a secretary-tart today. I was wearing a white low cut button up shirt and a long black pencil skirt that was tight around the bum and I was also in heels. xd
No wonder one of the younger kids (about 15 or something) gasped a slack-jawed "Whoa!" before his mates laughed at him. I just grabbed the top because it was the only thing that looked okay with the new skirt and you can't very well wear sneakers with a skirt like that.

...I also just realised how little you'd actually give a damn about that.
Wow I fail. I just can't think of much to talk about.

Fashionable Vampire

3,550 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
Hey yer all UP! ha! & this will be my 2nd interview with me & it sounds like the job is mine IF I want it! We just need to discuss hours & pay & future cuz Retail is not really my gig. & hours will suck I'm sure at first. But it would be a foot in the Door of a possible Fun Theme Park Career! Maybe even part of the Fright Night Crew?

& PK ~ weren't you working with bikes for awhile? Was that just a short gig to pay the bills while you studied? & Wow...that would be so Cool yet daunting to go to such places. I admire people who can handle such terrible times & do such good to those in such need! Takes a very brave & strong kind of person.
See...that's why retail sucks...cuz it's dull & does not Serve the Greater Good of the People! but I hope it could lead to greater things. Like Landscaping the Grounds. oh yes! cool I would love to do that! Working outside among the People. Working with plants. Keeping the grounds nice & clean & pretty. That would be cool!
Funny to be thinking of a new career so late in Life. but Hellz...Life ain't over yet! 4laugh

& Wing...Work is out there! Just gotta want to do it. My hubbie tells me those who say they've been out of work for like 2 years...maybe aren't looking that hard & are too picky. It was less than a month for me. Well...that is IF I take it. rolleyes
EDIT: & Now you IZ gone. to Sleep...perchance to Dream.
Hey Solar!! 4laugh gosh! you OK?!! Sorry you fell! Glad ya did not *gulp* break anything! that happen today? you'll be sore tomorrow! ouch! yer down under yes? cuz you said "mates" for friends & I think I remember you saying you are.
Well G'Day to you then & I'll be signing OFF myself soon. Gotta be sharp tomorrow so I don't accidentally say Yes to a job that would not suit me. HA!
Nite Nite all!! Catch ya tomorrow!

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
It was one of those moments where you come home and were like "So that's how I actually looked. That explains all those looks I got earlier"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff