Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Phantom

(I noticed I don't have the firestarter achievement yet.
But I didn't want to make a lame thread in the achievement forum.
Please <3 or </3 accordingly. Thank you. heart )

So while I am waiting for my 8th fluff to to regenerate its energy for the 5th or 6th time or so, I thought I'd stop by the event forum to find out what my fellow community members think about this event.

Personally, I think it's the most boring, tedious, drawn-out and most of all bug-ridden event I've witnessed since I joined in 2010.

If there is a word for the opposite of entertaining, it would be the appropriate one to describe this mess imho.

Please share your opinion!

Magnetic Phantom

Hygienic Humorist

I think it's a fun event and it got me to finally explore Towns 2, which I am really enjoying. I don't mind the bugs because I'm aware that all of this is just a mass beta for the full pet system, so of course it's going to be buggy. I'm willing to endure the bugs in order to help the programmers. Plus, just like any event, I'm enjoying the community side of things, hanging out in the forums and making new friends.

Magnetic Phantom

Lucentas
I think it's a fun event and it got me to finally explore Towns 2, which I am really enjoying. I don't mind the bugs because I'm aware that all of this is just a mass beta for the full pet system, so of course it's going to be buggy. I'm willing to endure the bugs in order to help the programmers. Plus, just like any event, I'm enjoying the community side of things, hanging out in the forums and making new friends.

I see.
I suppose you have more patience than I do. ^^
(And I used to think of myself as a rather patient person.)

But are you really still enjoying the actual "game play" of the event?
Beyond maybe the 3rd fluff or so?

Time-traveling Doll

39,175 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
It's good, but hate the lags.

Hygienic Humorist

Anjoulie
Lucentas

I see.
I suppose you have more patience than I do. ^^
(And I used to think of myself as a rather patient person.)

But are you really still enjoying the actual "game play" of the event?
Beyond maybe the 3rd fluff or so?

I'm ambivalent on the gameplay, really. It's a good distraction from work, at any rate. razz Gameplay-wise this isn't my favorite event, but I do appreciate the time and effort that the programmers and artists gave to it, and the items and achievements were fun goals to work toward.

Magnetic Phantom

Lucentas
I'm ambivalent on the gameplay, really. It's a good distraction from work, at any rate. razz Gameplay-wise this isn't my favorite event, but I do appreciate the time and effort that the programmers and artists gave to it, and the items and achievements were fun goals to work toward.

Haha, I wouldn't log on to Gaia while I'm at work. Which is part of why I'm having a difficult time even getting that last achievement. Not sure I'll even be able to make it before it ends. And that's one of my gripes with this event: I can't remember an event that was such a massive time suck with such long delays.
I wish the people in charge of event planning would be more mindful of that. While the games may be nice and fun a few times, they usually require us to play the same thing over and over again until and far beyond the point where it's just not fun anymore.

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I thought it was tedious as hell, not to mention the lag and constant game crashing. burning_eyes

Magnetic Phantom

Flux
I thought it was tedious as hell, not to mention the lag and constant game crashing. burning_eyes
Yeah, I think we met in a game of ttf yesterday or so. XD

Magical Waffles

48,100 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Cool Cat 500
It had its troubles but the idea was cute.

Everyday Smoker

42,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
to many glitches

Magnetic Phantom

dancinjlg
It had its troubles but the idea was cute.

Poison_The_Well
to many glitches

I agree with both of you. :3

Wild Comrade

Anjoulie
ninja

I'll be lucky if I can raise five of these things.

Magnetic Phantom

himawari kai
Anjoulie
ninja

I'll be lucky if I can raise five of these things.

sad
At least they seem to let you raise one of those unicorn ones.
I never got that as an option, even though I had that grant item from some time ago and opened it after my first few fluffs.

Adored Bum

I think it takes way to long to raise one of those fluffs. Finally raising my tenth one today. Wouldn't have gotten that last achievement if they didn't decide to extend the event tho. (:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff