Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think I should add a set schedual of classes to the website?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 29, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 >

Sikhil's Wife

Shameless Firestarter

15,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hello. This game is open to all who would like to play in it as long as they can follow the rules that I place for it. And I never plan to make a close on the game as it's set at a school so play weather I'm on or not, have fun with it please!

Argentum is a moon of the world Onyxsidia. (A world of my own making from many years of effort). The moon however and the world below have outlawed all travel between them in an effort of a non-aggrestion pact that ended a few thousand year war about different magics and the way they should be used, or even if certain magics should be used.

I would prefer game will be at least a slightly literate RPG. You don't have to write long paragraphs but a little description would be nice

The moon has it's own problems with it's peoples starting to wonder if the Elementalists that gave them their power aren't against the gods themselves with the powerful magics they control. Politics are starting to slowly work against the students of Alundi. The largest, oldest, and strongest of all of the Elemental schools of magic. The school still holds power but for how long? And will it's students do anything to help or hurt the cause they should or will care about at all?

Well...it could end up being a average high-school setting...well...not exactly with the trials and tribulations that the school sets upon it's gifted. Your welcome to be one of those students, or perhaps someone here from another of the seven schools of elemental magic on the moon that is trading classes or spying for the corrupt government outside. Or perhaps even some of the help hired to train them in magic or combat. For not all classes deal with magic itself after all, simply all of it's students must be gifted with it.

If you wish to play you must follow all regular rules of gaia but otherwise I'm not going to stop any romance. Course not. It's like a high-school. Heart-break and first loves are definetly some of the things that go on. With magic added in it makes it even more dangerous to wander it's grounds or the grounds of the politically run city below it's grand walls.

One rule I will always follow no matter what is that the characters made by you guys will not kill each other without permission from the other people. It's a school...murder is frowned upon! However evil NPC's I put into the game or even people that decide to be villians in secret are fair game. As well as dueling magically or otherwise. That is perfectly acceptable. There is even a ring for it on the grounds.

All that said I welcome you if you desire to try this RP and hope that you do make chars for it. I wish to list everything for you after this post in a specific order so that you know what to send me for a character.

Send me all characters and profiles. -Do not- put them on the forum.
Now then:
2nd post: Character Creation and the unique gifts of the Elementalists
3rd post: A quick description of the outside of the school so people can get to rp once they have characters wink .

Later on I will add the descriptions of the npcs...as the game goes along and as it is needed. Thanks

Sikhil's Wife

Shameless Firestarter

15,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Generally I know stat based games (to the best of my knowledge) are not used here on Gaia. However I wish to keep a fairly simple stat setup for the game here. Just to be fair to those that are in the game for any conflicts that may arise. I want this game to be fun but rolling dice would get old as we have no roller on the site espically.

Okay to keep things generally simple I wanted to cut down lots of stats as much as possible. So the only stats are going to be: Strength, Stamina, Speed, Resistance, and Perception. (You always choose how your character acts and what they look like so any sort of Charisma or Appearance Social styled skills aren't too fun to set in stone. As well as picking if your character would be attracted by how they act or appear...so no specific stats will be set because of this.)

Strength - (Str) - measure of how strong your character is. A good stat for those that plan to be more heavily combat based.

Stamina - (Sta) - measure of how much your character can take before he falls. (Damage, Poison, Drinking, etc).

Speed - (Spd) - falls also under any sort of Dexterity styled stat. How fast your character is as well as a reaction time. A decent stat for those that are looking to be good with a sleight of hand sort of thing.

Resistance - (Res) - Instead of Physical damage this regards resistances to mind affecting magic spells. (obviously spells that do physical damage aren't going to be resisted by this) Though spells that could control someone or spells that could change char status like turning someone to stone or paralyzing them this stat could effect

Perception - (Per) - This simply deals with the characters ability to percieve magic and phsyical things that go on around them. A person with a low stat is unlikely to see anything. A person with a higher stat is more likely to notice.

Laying out stats: Starting characters start with a 3 is average. 4 is above average. 5 is skilled. 6 is exceptional. 7 is almost unmatched. (With an extra 9 stat points to spend. No stat can be given to me above 7, 7 is as high as it goes. These stats are unlikely to change unless the game takes a drastic turn and will still give all chars the ability to have stats that are high but will even it out for everyone playing the game . This stat spread also allows all characters to be above the average nobody that lives in a city.

Skills:
These are the abilities of the character. I am listing all skills as follows and they more than allow a character a chance to develope themselves into sub-classes outside the Elementalist that most will be. All none elementalist characters need to contact me and I will discuss all rules for those sorts of characters with them.

Skill list:

Artist/Crafter/Profession (when you choose this skill you choose one sort of sub-catergory: Arts(drawing, painting, sculpture, writing, etc) Crafts (construction, woodworking, metalworking, fletching, blacksmith, etc) Profession (herbalist, banker, teacher(need another skill that your at least above average at to teach), merchant, etc)

Acrobatics/Athletics - this skill makes you more deft and quick it also gives you the ability to perform these skills with grace. Allowing you more natural balance and quickness to your character and making them a little faster.

Hand Combat - trained in hand combat.

Ear on the Street - Just knowing what goes on in the less conservative and darker areas of the city and generally knowing how the dealing works with the local gangs and guilds.

Riding - Knowing how to ride a horse.

Weapon Combat - each purchase of this skill counts toward one level of one weapon that the character is trained in the use of.

Stealth/Sleight of Hand - Most things that are consistered 'Thieves' based fall under this skill. The ability to move quietly and hide in shadows. As well as being able to Disguise oneself and the Sleight of Hand part is pretty self-explanitory. Stealing, cute tricks, etc.

Survival - Deals with anything that means you need to survive in the wild. Firemaking, hunting, fishing, navigation, knowing what you can and can't safely eat (or at least if the area is too foreign being able to make good guesses.) Same for any plants that might be dangerous to touch. (example: something like poison oak or ivy)

Politics/Finances - these two aren't exactly the same but often go together so I put them as one skill. Politics of course deals with understanding the run of politics as they happen as well as knowing how to deal with or act in situations that could otherwise be dangerous. Finaces deals with knowing how to run your own money and keep an eye on what might be nice on the market or being able to haggle etc. All things dealing with money.

First Aid - Knowing what to do to help someone when they are injured. Not a magical healer or much of a doctor but gives the ability to aid someone that they couldn't without it.

Extra Languages - each skill falls under an extra language. Though I'm not certain of the languages yet for all areas these are what exist so far: Argenrum (the common language that all characters speak), Elemental (the language all elementalists are taught (is one of the classes at the school) all elementalists start with it, Dragon (generally a forbidden language because it's the language of the magics that are on the main world and considered part of the reason for the war. Though it's still sometimes found in very old books or ruins), Elven (self-explanitory), Demonic, Angelic, (most racial languages). To keep things simple all languages are bought seperately if they aren't started with but you start with a full skill lvl in those langauages.

Skill distribution: As a Elementalist at the school you automatically start with Argentum, Elemental, and your racial language (another language if your human as Argentum would have been your racial language). You start with 6 levels of weapon combat skills to purchase (including hand combat) for free as well. Otherwise you also recieve 12 skill levels to divide amoungst the skills as you see fit.

Skill levels work as follows: 1 is novice, 2 is below average 3 is average. 4 is above average. 5 is skilled. 6 is exceptional. 7 is almost unmatched. Skills can be raised in the game more often than stats will be all depending on what is going on in character. If your character never rides a horse in her life...probably wouldn't be realistic to have her have riding.

Elemental Gifts - the reason why the school is a elementalist school after all. These are not just the four common elements. Many will be here as the school looks at all magic as a element.

Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Death*, Healing, Darkness or Shadow, Sun or Light, Mind*, Space or Time*, Bio*, Plant, Acid

* - all elements with this are considered forbidden magics and while some of the people with these elements exist all of them that are allowed to live are there to fight off the others with those magics. Therefore anyone wanting these magics are going to have to special permission (aka: PM me and tell me why they should have these).

If you have a question as to what any of the elements do you are more than welcome to ask me. I am here to help however I might be able

Elemental Gifts to start with: All students are here because they are gifted in the elemental magics in some way and no that usually doesn't mean they are limited to one. However the characters are going to be limited to being really good in one gift and then later on things can change. Even gifts will go up more than stats will .

All students will start with one element of choice at 3. And then they will have 3 more points to spend on any of the others (but they can only raise them as far as two) No matter what you'll have three elements starting that way and up to 6.

Elemental Ratings:
1 - beginner (small effects but they always work)
2 - average (can summon lesser elementals* of their element to the world but these will not put themselves in harms way, starting to get more grounded effects)
3 - above average (definite effects, could summon a wall of ice if a water elemental, or start to summon small armies of zombies if a death, be able to bring a large tree back to fruitfullness with plant, etc)
4 - skilled (exceptional effects, making a waterfall shift to float in midair, summon greater elementals* that will do nearly anything for you)
5 - master (miracle like effects, summon a volcano out of the ground or simply pause the eruption of one and send it back to being dormant. Make a storm that could wipe out small countries, bring a dead person back to life...)

(Elemental rankings only go up to 5 instead of 7 and that is why people start with less of them)

* - an elementalist has something bordering on utter trust or love for the beings that simply are physical representations of the magics they use in the purest possible form. Allowing one to die of any element (not even one they use) is a horrible act that is as bad if not worse than murder to the Elementalist community. So sending an elemental into a fight it cannot win even if it's to delay the escape of the elementalist or to allow it to die in protection of oneself is never acceptable...even to the vialest of elemenatalists.

How elemental magic works: Elemental magic once someone has the ability is all mental. People can decide to use chanting or other ingrediants for spells to make them easier for themselves to cast (they definetly make them a little more effective) but a full out spell can merely be summoned by the mind for the Elementalists. Which is why they believe that magic by them is better than average magic. (the average magic on the world almost always requires some sort of component)

*Please keep in mind stats are only guidelines. For example: A person attempting to hide in shadows from someone would do so easily against someone with a low Per. However if the person had a high Per they'd have a better chance to notice. But scenes as they are would be the deciders of it. If the person with high Per is going up against someone with a high Spd then it'd depend on if the person is looking or how close, how deep the shadows are, what skills they have to help them, Etc.

Really these are quite simple stats for a char compared to a lot of the book rpgs I play so hopefully people will put in the effort. (PLEASE! *BEGS*.) I figured they give you more of a structure and fun background for all the characters to play with.

All this being said I would like all who would like to play to send their character profiles to me as followed below please:

Name: (the character's name)

Player: (your profile name )

Class: (on top of elementalist, and definetly tell me if your not an elementalist at all...then I'll need to speak with you.

Race: (I allow at this time: Humans, Elves, and half-elf or humans of the following races: demon, angel, vampires(can go out during the day sometimes) I'll allow Furries as well. If you want a race not listed, simply ask. I do not want full demons angels or vampires sorry .)

Stats:
Strength - 3
Stamina - 3
Speed - 3
Resistance - 3
Perception - 3
(With 9 stat points to spend)

Weapons: 6 lvls of weapon combat skills (including hand combat if desired) (all start 0)

Skills: 12 lvls of skills for anything. (all skills start 0)

Languages: Argentum, Elemental, one freebie(race if not human, otherwise any)

Elemental Gifts: Main element at 3. 3 points to spend with no second element over 2 and not spending any points on main element.

Where the Character is from: Can pick the city Arcene, a villiage or city of your own making (must be on the moon Argentum or one of it's sister moons Auram or Nehushta) Also can be from one of the other magic schools. I haven't named them all yet but I am going to work on it. If anyone wants to be from one of the other schools mention it in detail in the PM what style you'd like cause I have a good idea of the styles just haven't named them or typed them up yet.

Description of Character: (Generally most Elementalists dress and look to fit their elements as a matter of pride, but some dress normally just as a measure of being secretive. Anymore it's safer to dress normal when you go to town but I want a description of what you wear around the school. Also do tell me if you wear normal clothes to the city when your character visits.)

Short background: (doesn't have to be nothing fancy, just to give me a idea of it and how it might blend in with the skills and elements they have . Tieing it all together is always my favorite part of making a character myself but it's all up to you.

Short description of personality: (again doesn't have to be fancy, just prefer to have some idea of it)

***Reminder: Do Not post your character to the forum. Send it to me! If others know who your character is before you play then it makes the game less fun. Please listen to this rule!***

Sikhil's Wife

Shameless Firestarter

15,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The mists of Argentum's school of Elementalists blended and swirled across the grounds, bubbling up from near the center of the immense courtyards. A bridge that glittered in the moonlight and seemed almost translucent save the light it reflected here and there dimly stood near the center. Under it a river of flame met a river of water, releasing a constant flow of steam. The beauty of the many other wonders that scattered the gardens remained ironically unseen at most times because of the unnatural spring of mist that lingered here.

The school itself was built on a abnormal plateau cut into the side of a sheer and immeasurably high cliff face on the equator of the second moon of Onyxsidia. Half of the school was inside the cliff itself, the other half on the large plateau. A waterfall fell directly over the area uncovered by the rocky walls and ceiling but at the place the rock stopped to make room for the schools grounds the waterfall just slammed into a wall or substance that wasn't there it flowed above the open area and then split where it would meet the cliff again, rippling and raging to either side before making two sets of waterfalls instead of one. These would flow down though the capital city of Arcene below. They seemed to cut a 'V' through it before moving further off to create two of the largest rivers on the moon. Named after the two other moons that shared the sky with this one, Auram and Nehushta.

There were seven towers and various smaller buildings that littered the premises, each beautifully carved and sculpted. Four of them that were all similar to each other stood inside the cliff face. The other three were different. The first of the ones outside was actually a very large tree with areas hollowed out for rooms and hallways. The second was made completely out of rare gems and medals at it's top. Giving it the nickname of 'the second sun'â„¢ as it was constantly reflecting the sun when it rose and throughout the day. The final of the towers seemed to stand out the most simply because it was plain. A average stone and wooden tower, no particular carvings or adornment of any kind.

((There you are. Once I have Character's your welcome to play at will I look foward to it.))
Victus swept into the mainhall of the school and positioned himself in a darker corner, waiting for more student to arrive, so he could scope out the new flock of people this year.

He was a little worried before he came, but it didn't really matter now. Maybe he would find someone else like him, or someone who shared the same intrests.

He came here for a few reasons, to learn, to make some friends, and find a rival. Most people try and avoid having rivals, but he thrives on it. Having someone to hate and try and be better than gives you initiative to go forward.

"Well, this is going to be an intresting day, I think." Victus mutterd to himself as he waited for other people to arrive.

(Edit: I'm adding something of what I look like, I should have done that but I forgot.)

Victu's stands 5'9 with Black Short hair that's spiked. He's wearing long black robes, with what appears to be silver thread. The robes themselves appear to be very plain at first glance, but soon you realize that they almost swollow the light around them, and even shimmer with an errie darkness.
He leans on a staff, wich is odd and doesn't look like any other staff. It's longish, about 5feet tall and curved. At the very top appears to be black leather cording, almost seeming to be a handle.

Sikhil's Wife

Shameless Firestarter

15,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
A young woman stepped into the hall where the students would be greeted before classes for the year would start. Eyes glancing around slowly before she nodded to Victus and claimed a seat for herself near the back of the room.

She was medium height at 5'5" and was quite thin. Hourglass like. Long silver-white bangs fell over matching ice colored nearly white eyes. She wore white roses in her hair twisted in by their thorned stems. Robes of blacks, blues, and light greys fell around her with silver trim on the wrists and bottom. She carried a white staff with a small sapphire at it's tip. The area around her almost seemed colder by her very presence.

She eyed the nearly empty room and wasn't surprised to see nearly no other students within. She was more surprised that someone had actually gotten here before her. She was rarely not the first to arrive...
OOC: I'll be sending in my character soon. I apologize it's been a while since I've had to come up with a sheet quite like this one... I really need to get back into D&D ~_~*

Sikhil's Wife

Shameless Firestarter

15,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
((Heh it's all good. This isn't as complicated as D&D but just gives a general idea should characters get into fights as to who would likely win or any sort of conflict. wink Thats why I figure it's good to have.))
Danae walked into the classroom with a smal bounce and accompanied by the tinkle of the small silver bells that were tied to the navy blue belt at her waist. Her light blue hair danced about her 5'5 frame happily as did the sea blue fabric of the dress/robe she was wearing. Her blue-green eyes sparkled merrily and there was a smile on her face. "Hello!" she greeted the only other students in the room before taking a seat three rows from the front.

Sikhil's Wife

Shameless Firestarter

15,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Maria just looked at the new entry for several moments before offering a responce of a simple; "Hello." in return to her. Not quite sure what to think of the overly cheerful girl that seemed far the opposite of her cool calm.

((Hey hon...just wanted to post at least once but my back is killing me so I think I'm gonna take off for a while. Hope to see you later though. Thanks for making a char. I have all intentions of keeping this thing going.))
Anting strolled slowly into the room, tucking a strand of auburn hair behind her ear. Fingering a silver pendant, she sat down nervously on one of the seats provided. Waving a bit to the others, she gazed across the room with dark brown eyes. "I wonder who's here..." she murmured softly.
Danae waved back this time not jingling her bells. Looking around the room she wondered why it was so empty right now. Maybe the other student's needed to be home with their families for harvest or something.
She sighed, and noticed a boy in the corner. "Oh?" she said, confused. "Well, who's this eerie figure?" she said lightly, a smile playing across her face.
((Anyone here??))
Victus watched as all the people arrived. The first person to arrive, besides himself seemed to be slightly suprised that he was there, but didn't let it show for long.

He twirled his staff around in boredom, watching the people coming in. He saw one cast a few curious glances at him, and he ignored them, just waiting, and watching, initiating no conversation.

Sikhil's Wife

Shameless Firestarter

15,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Maria cast a look over the room again and checked the time by the large hourglass at the front of the room. Soon anyone else would be late for orientation and she doubted that the master would care either way. Her guess was correct for when a very plain fellow entered the room he shut the doors behind him.

Plain was indeed the only real word for him. Ordinary. Simple brown robes, slightly tanned skin, brown eyes, dirty copperish hair. He looked almost as though he belonged on a farm than here as the high master of the head of all Elementalism.

He turned to regard the few students as though making note who was present for future reference and then he offered a bow to them as everyone was silent either way.

"Welcome to Alundi students of the elements." he spoke softly so those in the back had to strain to hear him. "This is the beginning for some of you and the continuation for others for the mastery of the purest form of magic that exists. I will not lie and tell you it is an easy art but the hardships that must be endured are wholly worth it. I hope you enjoy your classes this year and continue to hold to them until you are worthy of the title that you chase. All needed information can be found in the main offices and the boards there. Good day."

And with that he simply walked away again leaving Maria looking after him...his speech was longer than usual this year. A good sign given the times...again she glanced around to regard the reactions of the other students that had made it on time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff