Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tympest
the facts
and she's hideous.

no guy would fight over that.
I'll give you that KStew isn't devastatingly gorgeous, but she's far from hideous. Besides, Bella's supposed to be "plain" and Meyer did hand pick Steward to play the part. That second bit's probably more telling than anything else as to why Steward is Bella rather than another actress.

What makes you think she's ugly anyway?

just her face. it set up to look like she's on drugs all the time.

Unsealed Dabbler

the facts
Tympest
the facts
and she's hideous.

I'll give you that KStew isn't devastatingly gorgeous, but she's far from hideous. Besides, Bella's supposed to be "plain" and Meyer did hand pick Steward to play the part. That second bit's probably more telling than anything else as to why Steward is Bella rather than another actress.

You can surely do better than that. Come on, drugs all the time? Give me specifics here.
Tympest
the facts
Tympest
the facts
and she's hideous.

You can surely do better than that. Come on, drugs all the time? Give me specifics here.

she's just ugly. and like o said no guy would waste their energy fighting over her.
the fact that thier fighting over is the most unrealistic part of the movie.
the facts
Tympest
the facts
Tympest
the facts
and she's hideous.

she's just ugly. and like o said no guy would waste their energy fighting over her.
You sound like you're seeing her as Bella Swan, not Kristen Stewart. That is a big problem with some of the fans of the movie series who don't read the books. They see Kristen as Bella and thus talk about her as if she is Bella. Robert and Taylor aren't fighting over Kristen, they are acting as the characters. Edward and Jacob are fighting over Bella and for you to say that you don't think any guy would fight over her is not only extremely callous of you to say (I believe that there is someone out there for every one), you are also saying that you don't see why Edward and Jacob are wasting their time fighting over Bella.

The question then comes up; if you don't see why Edward and Jacob are wasting their time fighting over Bella, why are you wasting your time and money on seeing the movies?
MuffinTheOrphan
the facts
Tympest
the facts
Tympest
the facts
and she's hideous.

You sound like you're seeing her as Bella Swan, not Kristen Stewart. That is a big problem with some of the fans of the movie series who don't read the books. They see Kristen as Bella and thus talk about her as if she is Bella. Robert and Taylor aren't fighting over Kristen, they are acting as the characters. Edward and Jacob are fighting over Bella and for you to say that you don't think any guy would fight over her is not only extremely callous of you to say (I believe that there is someone out there for every one), you are also saying that you don't see why Edward and Jacob are wasting their time fighting over Bella.

The question then comes up; if you don't see why Edward and Jacob are wasting their time fighting over Bella, why are you wasting your time and money on seeing the movies?

what are you talking about? i'm talking about the characters in the movie doing stuff that no one would ever do in rl/how realistic the movie is. and only because this thread is asking the question.

i see them because i like the movies and i dont feel like it's a waste of money.
the facts
MuffinTheOrphan
the facts
Tympest
the facts

what are you talking about? i'm talking about the characters in the movie doing stuff that no one would ever do in rl/how realistic the movie is. and only because this thread is asking the question.

i see them because i like the movies and i dont feel like it's a waste of money.
I'm talking about the same exact thing. You're talking about the characters in the movies, right? Coupling that with you thinking it's unrealistic that Edward and Jacob would waste their time fighting over Bella and using Kristen's image to explain why you think they're wasting their time, you are essentially saying that Edward and Jacob are wasting their time fighting over Bella because you think Kristen (Bella) is ugly and don't understand why the characters aren't listening to your opinion and stop trying to be with someone who you deem as ugly.

Also, how can you say that anything in the movies are unrealistic when the movies are about a girl wanting to be with a vampire and wanting to be a vampire?
MuffinTheOrphan
the facts
MuffinTheOrphan
the facts
Tympest
the facts

I'm talking about the same exact thing. You're talking about the characters in the movies, right? Coupling that with you thinking it's unrealistic that Edward and Jacob would waste their time fighting over Bella and using Kristen's image to explain why you think they're wasting their time, you are essentially saying that Edward and Jacob are wasting their time fighting over Bella because you think Kristen (Bella) is ugly and don't understand why the characters aren't listening to your opinion and stop trying to be with someone who you deem as ugly.

Also, how can you say that anything in the movies are unrealistic when the movies are about a girl wanting to be with a vampire and wanting to be a vampire?

lol dude. the character bella is ugly played by ugly k stew. guys dont fight over ugly. get it yet?

vampires and werewolves are unrealisitc because they're not real.

the human element is also part of the movie and there in lies the realistic part.
the facts
MuffinTheOrphan
the facts
MuffinTheOrphan
the facts

lol dude. the character bella is ugly played by ugly k stew. guys dont fight over ugly. get it yet?

vampires and werewolves are unrealisitc because they're not real.

the human element is also part of the movie and there in lies the realistic part.
You are calling Bella ugly, saying that Edward and Jacob are wasting their time, yet you're not wasting your time? So weird. Also, It's like I said, just because you think Kristen (and by proxy Bella) is ugly, doesn't mean that 1. everyone thinks she's ugly nor 2. That what you deem is ugly is what others deem as ugly and thus by your view of beautiful and ugly, guys wouldn't waste their time with Bella or Kristen.

Exactly. So why are you saying that the movies are unrealistic?

Just because humans are in the movies doesn't mean that they (the movies) are realistic.

Unsealed Dabbler

the facts
Tympest
the facts
Tympest
the facts
and she's hideous.

But to have that violent a reaction to her appearance, I'd think that there would be more reason than that. Besides, who says that guys wouldn't fight over her? She's got money and a big enough name to keep getting work for awhile. Plus the idea from the book was that Bella isn't pretty enough for guys to want to fight over, but they do. Wanna talk unrealistic?
Tympest
the facts
Tympest
the facts
Tympest
the facts
and she's hideous.

But to have that violent a reaction to her appearance, I'd think that there would be more reason than that. Besides, who says that guys wouldn't fight over her? She's got money and a big enough name to keep getting work for awhile. Plus the idea from the book was that Bella isn't pretty enough for guys to want to fight over, but they do. Wanna talk unrealistic?

she's ugly. what else is there to say?

i guess it's meyer's way of making ugly girls everywhere feel better about themselves.

Unsealed Dabbler

the facts
Tympest
the facts
Tympest
the facts

she's ugly. what else is there to say?

i guess it's meyer's way of making ugly girls everywhere feel better about themselves.
I don't know, it's a thing. Different people perceive beauty differently, so when someone says that someone else is ugly, hideous was your original word, I'm interested in the whys of it. I'd tend to say that Steward is fairly average looking because she never smiles, but when she does it makes an incredible difference in her appearance.

Considering Meyer's "beauty equals goodness" thing, I'd tend to say not. This was her dream of a pretty man brought to publication, remember.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
This is such old news....
Kristen is a dull actress, but she is getting better. She actually showed a minor amount of emotion in Breaking Dawn.
Bella is dull as well. She is too overwhelmed with her "perfect" vampire boyfriend to actually focus on a life of her own.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
The Official Dani
Kristen is a dull actress, but she is getting better. She actually showed a minor amount of emotion in Breaking Dawn.
Bella is dull as well. She is too overwhelmed with her "perfect" vampire boyfriend to actually focus on a life of her own.

caligulasAquarium

Perhaps KStew portrayed her like that because that's how Bella came off in the script/books? :/

I mean, Bella's a very boring person. I think KStew hit that right on the head.
            User Image

Dangerous Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Minerva de Sade
The Official Dani

caligulasAquarium

Perhaps KStew portrayed her like that because that's how Bella came off in the script/books? :/

I mean, Bella's a very boring person. I think KStew hit that right on the head.
            User Image

That is kind of what I meant. :3 Bella is dull, so that is why Kristen portrayed her as she did. But uh... I'm reading what I said now and it doesn't really sound like that. Haha oh well..

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Well, considering Bella is dull and emotionless, she got her right on.

Too bad she isn't a great actress, really. From what I've seen of Snow White... nope. She isn't very good anyway. She's not even pretty enough to play someone like Snow White.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff