Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
I don't think you are. Why? Because, you people spend SO much time talking about Twilight, reading about Twilight, and watching the movies. If you guys REALLY hated Twilight as much as you scream you do, wouldn't you stay AWAY from all things Twilight? I mean, when you read things about Twilight, when you watch the movies, and when you buy the various guides and extra stuff all your doing is SUPPORTING TWILIGHT!

I mean I LOVE Twilight, but I don't even spend THAT much time and money with all things Twilight.

Indie music is the ONLY thing I would go that far for; because I love it.
And you guys go THAT far for all things Twilight; because you love it?

For example, I hate Harry Potter, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Country Music, and cheese. I would never listen something Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift related, I would NEVER watch a Harry Potter movie or try to read one of the books again. I would rather die than listen to country music. and I will never eat something that is strictly cheese. Because not only do I hate those things, but buying a Lady Gaga song, buying Taylor Swifts perfume, watching Harry Potters movies, listening to a country music station and eating macaroni and cheese is only supporting them.

So, my question is, why would you ever invest so much time into something that you hate so much? Wouldn't that only make your life miserable? Then again, that explains why you people always seem so upset.

Prodigal Mage

Sometimes if you hate something enough, you just have to express that hatred. For some people, that's Twilight.
I feel the need to point out to you that if we didn't, you could just as easily claim that we have no Idea what we are talking about because we haven't read the books or seen the movies.

It's sort of like how many Atheists research the bible and general religions, so that if anyone tries to debunk them for their lack of religion, they already have the info on hand, and aren't just pulling things out of their a**.

Do you realize how badly your statement contradicts itself?

Also, another point I'd like to make.
Just because we don't enjoy something doesn't mean it's not interesting to talk about.
Example:
Many people don't like War.
Yet we talk about it all the time.
Jesus Christ. What is with these fans coming here thinking that our opinion is no longer valid or that we secretly like Twilight?

News flash my dear; Hating something and talking about it doesn't mean we like it! If no one spoke of the things they hated, nothing would ever change and they would have to suffer because they didn't speak up against it! There are so many examples in the recent news that it's not even funny.

When someone says they hate twilight in this board and they're a reg, they're not joking, saying it because they think it would be cool, or secretly like it. They mean they hate it when they say they hate it.

Also, hating Twilight and talking about it doesn't support it or give it more fame. It makes it infamous, not famous.

For ******** sake... rolleyes
Ah, the old "If you really hated it, you wouldn't bother with it at all" shtick.

Here's the thing. We don't have to enjoy the thing itself to enjoy talking about it. It's just as much fun to take bad writing and strip it down to its bare elements and poke them with a stick as it is with good writing.

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
GreatWizardRoniBaby
Jesus Christ. What is with these fans coming here thinking that our opinion is no longer valid or that we secretly like Twilight?

News flash my dear; Hating something and talking about it doesn't mean we like it! If no one spoke of the things they hated, nothing would ever change and they would have to suffer because they didn't speak up against it! There are so many examples in the recent news that it's not even funny.

When someone says they hate twilight in this board and they're a reg, they're not joking, saying it because they think it would be cool, or secretly like it. They mean they hate it when they say they hate it.

Also, hating Twilight and talking about it doesn't support it or give it more fame. It makes it infamous, not famous.

Complaining about how much you hate it, dose not make it more "Infamous" it just makes you look like an annoying twit who has nothing better to talk about all day. We get it, you hate twilight. Next topic?

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
Kiba Shinzu
I feel the need to point out to you that if we didn't, you could just as easily claim that we have no Idea what we are talking about because we haven't read the books or seen the movies.

It's sort of like how many Atheists research the bible and general religions, so that if anyone tries to debunk them for their lack of religion, they already have the info on hand, and aren't just pulling things out of their a**.

Just because we don't enjoy something doesn't mean it's not interesting to talk about.
Example:

This, is the only valid argument that I have seen so far.
Except for the contradicting part, explain please.
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Kiba Shinzu

Example:

Didn't I just do that?
Although 'contradictory' might not have been the right word.

Quote:
Because, you people spend SO much time talking about Twilight, reading about Twilight, and watching the movies. If you guys REALLY hated Twilight as much as you scream you do, wouldn't you stay AWAY from all things Twilight?

You're statement is a fallacy. Basically "an improper argumentation in reasoning resulting in a misconception or presumption."
This wasn't on purpose, I'm guessing. That's alright.
My previous statements help to show that you're presumption wasn't exactly right.

Another thing.
It is not impossible to enjoy select things.
Example:
I HATE Roland Emmerich, and most of his movies. (2012, The Day After Tomorrow, Godzilla)
I have a deep love of Independence Day (A Roland Emmerich film), despite how bad it can be.
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
GreatWizardRoniBaby

Complaining about how much you hate it, dose not make it more "Infamous" it just makes you look like an annoying twit who has nothing better to talk about all day. We get it, you hate twilight. Next topic?
So if we complain about something, it does not lose it's credit for being a good thing? It doesn't obtain a bad reputation?

Alright. Tell that to people against SOPA and all the Egyptians that their complaining makes them look like a twit who has nothing better to talk about all day.

No, you don't get it. As long as you hold the opinion that fans have the right to express their opinions and that antis should just shut up and not express their opinion because it would upset the fans, you will never 'get it'.

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
GreatWizardRoniBaby
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
GreatWizardRoniBaby

So if we complain about something, it does not lose it's credit for being a good thing? It doesn't obtain a bad reputation?

Alright. Tell that to people against SOPA and all the Egyptians that their complaining makes them look like a twit who has nothing better to talk about all day.

No, you don't get it. As long as you hold the opinion that fans have the right to express their opinions and that antis should just shut up and not express their opinion because it would upset the fans, you will never 'get it'.

*sigh*
Your examples are invalid do to the simple fact that Twilight and Egypt are on completely different levels of importance. Your opinion on Twilight is not an important issue, so you don't have to go around preaching how bad it is and how much you hate it.
If your going around talking about Twilight all day, then you look like an annoying twit; regardless of you opinion.

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
Kiba Shinzu
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Kiba Shinzu

Example:

Didn't I just do that?

Quote:
Because, you people spend SO much time talking about Twilight, reading about Twilight, and watching the movies. If you guys REALLY hated Twilight as much as you scream you do, wouldn't you stay AWAY from all things Twilight?

You're statement is a fallacy. Basically "an improper argumentation in reasoning resulting in a misconception or presumption."
My previous statements help to show that you're presumption wasn't exactly right.

Another thing.
Example:
I HATE Roland Emmerich, and most of his movies. (2012, The Day After Tomorrow, Godzilla)
I have a deep love of Independence Day (A Roland Emmerich film), despite how bad it can be.

The examples I stated (Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Harry Potter, Country Music, and cheese.) I hate with a passion, I do not enjoy one thing that pertains to those examples. Especially cheese, I'm lactose intolerant, a Vegan and it's just plain nasty.

But in all other cases I see eye to eye with you for the most part.
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Kiba Shinzu
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Kiba Shinzu

Example:

Didn't I just do that?

Quote:

Another thing.
Example:

The examples I stated (Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Harry Potter, Country Music, and cheese.) I hate with a passion, I do not enjoy one thing that pertains to those examples. Especially cheese, I'm lactose intolerant, a Vegan and it's just plain nasty.

But in all other cases I see eye to eye with you for the most part.

That's alright. It's perfectly understandable. You don't like these things, and you'd rather not associate with them.
I find Twilight interesting to talk about, and not just because of a few...'questionable Idea's' it has. Even if I don't care for it as a series, I can still talk and learn more about it, and try to understand why other people like it.

Both of these Idea's are alright and understandable.

I'm glad we could find an agreeable ground. A lot of fans who think things like your OP tend to think I'm attacking them, when I really try not to. I'm really glad I was able to find someone who understood what I was saying, and not think I was insulting them.
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-

*sigh*
Your examples are invalid do to the simple fact that Twilight and Egypt are on completely different levels of importance. Your opinion on Twilight is not an important issue, so you don't have to go around preaching how bad it is and how much you hate it.
If your going around talking about Twilight all day, then you look like an annoying twit; regardless of you opinion.
We're not talking about Twilight and Egypt. You want to say that talking bad aboutTwilight doesn't make it infamous, it just makes people look like an annoying twit who has nothing better to talk about all day. So I responded with "If complaining about something you hate makes you look like that then tell the people against SOPA and the people in Eygpt.

For one to make comparisons, the things being compared do not have to be the same exact thing, just have similarities. I see similarities between these two things.

Your opinion of Twilight isn't an important issue nor should be held in a higher regard, so you don't have to go around preaching how antis need to shut up in a place where they are welcomed.

....This is a TWILIGHT FORUM. This isn't every day life and we're hanging around you spouting about how much we hate Twilight and talk of nothing else. We're supposed to talk about Twilight here, whether we like Twilight or not. This seems like a completely useless counterpoint for the simple fact that you're talking in terms of life outside of this forum of which you can't speak on because you are ignorant to the daily life of people who say "I don't like Twilight." This counter point is just...so stupid...

Also, you are going against the rules.

Quote:
Flaming & trolling. Posts directed at another member which are hateful, abusive, or intentionally inflammatory are considered flaming. Making intentionally inflammatory or provocative posts to incite responses from other members is considered trolling.

You are directing posts to a group of people and your posts are intentionally inflammatory and hate filled. Start talking about Twilight and not about the antis of Twilight.

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
GreatWizardRoniBaby
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-

*sigh*
We're not talking about Twilight and Egypt. You want to say that talking bad aboutTwilight doesn't make it infamous, it just makes people look like an annoying twit who has nothing better to talk about all day. So I responded with "If complaining about something you hate makes you look like that then tell the people against SOPA and the people in Eygpt.

For one to make comparisons, the things being compared do not have to be the same exact thing, just have similarities. I see similarities between these two things.

Your opinion of Twilight isn't an important issue nor should be held in a higher regard, so you don't have to go around preaching how antis need to shut up in a place where they are welcomed.

....This is a TWILIGHT FORUM. This isn't every day life and we're hanging around you spouting about how much we hate Twilight and talk of nothing else. We're supposed to talk about Twilight here, whether we like Twilight or not. This seems like a completely useless counterpoint for the simple fact that you're talking in terms of life outside of this forum of which you can't speak on because you are ignorant to the daily life of people who say "I don't like Twilight." This counter point is just...so stupid...

Also, you are going against the rules.

Quote:
Flaming & trolling. Posts directed at another member which are hateful, abusive, or intentionally inflammatory are considered flaming. Making intentionally inflammatory or provocative posts to incite responses from other members is considered trolling.

You are directing posts to a group of people and your posts are intentionally inflammatory and hate filled. Start talking about Twilight and not about the antis of Twilight.

...It's Twilight.
Nothing important once so ever.
I really don't see why your getting all worked up about this.

I was asking a simple question. If you feel as if I offended you in some way by asking it...then I guess that's a personal problem. Solve it.
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-

...It's Twilight.
Nothing important once so ever.
I really don't see why your getting all worked up about this.

I was asking a simple question. If you feel as if I offended you in some way by asking it...then I guess that's a personal problem. Solve it.
I'm not saying anything about Twilight is important, you missed my point. You seem to be upset that antis are here and think that they must actually love it if they talk about it so much and are also upset that they won't just shut up about Twilight. I'm just saying that as stupid as you think it is for people to talk about Twilight if they hate it so much is the same amount of stupid it is to be upset over antis talking about Twilight in a place where they are suppose to be welcomed.

I'm not getting worked up. I'm quite calm and having fun on my end.

You asked and I answered. I'm not offended, I just get irritated every time I see someone that says anything in any variation to what you said. Why do people always think I'm offended by something they have to say? I can never be offended by what a complete stranger has to say, I just can't. I don't see how anyone can be offended by what strangers have to say about them.

I also don't see how come one should be offended by you making a blind assumption that is immediately wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff