<3 </3

Autobots or Decepticons?

Autobots 0.2540415704388 25.4% [ 110 ]
Decepticons 0.22632794457275 22.6% [ 98 ]
Triple Changers! 0.085450346420323 8.5% [ 37 ]
I like them all 0.43418013856813 43.4% [ 188 ]
Total Votes:[ 433 ]

Valiant Jackling

A video review of MP Soundwave was put up on Seibertron's website. Not something I usually watch, but I came home from work feeling like crap and the 23 minute video allowed me to sit still and stare into the computer xP

The figure looks pretty darn cool. Shame the legs don't have the full array of articulation though.

I should know better than to read the comments too.... Trolls everywhere! Seriously, do people NOT know how to give a critique? Geez. It's amazing how a*****e-ish people are - your video sucks! You're a horrible reviewer! You did the figure no justice!

God, such jerk wad babies. Not everyone has to like something. The guy who made the video didn't even lambaste the figure. He seemed to point out just as many perks as there were flaws. And he touched on the subject that has been up for debate for months now - the price tag and potential domestic (USA) release. Seems there are people rabidly attached to the idea that Soundwave will be Takara only and feel the need to have a hissy fit if a Hasbro release is even thought about rolleyes

Wasn't the best review I've ever seen, wasn't the worst either (I'll be honest, he sounded kinda sick and the video was a bit dry, but it was right to the point and did exactly what a toy review should - show off the figure(s) and state how the reviewer feels about said figure(s)). Really wish some people on this planet would learn to crit though. You can leave a hard critique and not be an a*****e stare But I guess that takes intelligence and trolls are notorious for having none

/rant

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
._. Why is it that whenever I'm gone for a day and a half from the internet stuff happens! DX Two pages are added to this forum AND a ton of news has been added to TFW2005/Seibertron. Whenever I am online all day and watch this stuff like a hawk nothing happens? Life why are you so cruel?

Beast Hunters haven't really shown up in my area other than toys R Us and they sold out quickly. I Have yet to see any other First Editions at TRU either. FOC stuff has appeared at one walmart and let me tell you it was REALLY hard not to just buy one of those Ultra Magnus figures. Thankfully I get paid soon enough and perhaps I can get one with the coupon things I got from Toys R Us.

Random question: Is Soundwave/Soundblaster an exclusive to Toys R Us or is he a mass release? I haven't heard either or and I've only seen him in one place. It'd be nice to snag him for a little cheaper price at Walmart or even Target.

Lunatic

Murasaki Alien
._. Why is it that whenever I'm gone for a day and a half from the internet stuff happens! DX Two pages are added to this forum AND a ton of news has been added to TFW2005/Seibertron. Whenever I am online all day and watch this stuff like a hawk nothing happens? Life why are you so cruel?

Beast Hunters haven't really shown up in my area other than toys R Us and they sold out quickly. I Have yet to see any other First Editions at TRU either. FOC stuff has appeared at one walmart and let me tell you it was REALLY hard not to just buy one of those Ultra Magnus figures. Thankfully I get paid soon enough and perhaps I can get one with the coupon things I got from Toys R Us.

Random question: Is Soundwave/Soundblaster an exclusive to Toys R Us or is he a mass release? I haven't heard either or and I've only seen him in one place. It'd be nice to snag him for a little cheaper price at Walmart or even Target.

So far it's just Toys R Us for them. They tend to get some of the good stuff earlier than Walmart or Target. Give them time seeing most of those places are in need of a reset.

Valiant Jackling

Murasaki Alien

Usually exclusives have a sticker on them advertising their exclusivity. I don't recall seeing them on Soundwave the two times I came across him, so I wager, like Mildellas pointed out, they'll hit Walmart and Target soon enough.

Seems we're having a repeat of last year. When PRID and the Bot Shots came out TRU was the first to have them. It took several weeks for anyone else to get them but eventually Walmart and Target entered the playing field. I think it has to do with the fact that TRU specializes in toys, where as Walmart and Target do a bit of everything. They have to fuss over all their departments after the Holiday season and toys are notorious for selling extremely slow after Christmas.

Both my Walmart and Target have yet to really re-stock their toy departments. I've seem them stocking a few thing, probably the really, really hot toys, but for the most part there are still wide, gaping holes all over the place.

Assimilated Wolf

I want this Prime...

Lunatic

Got Fireflight(as I refuse to acknowledge him as Air Raid) in the mail today. Thanks to my fiancee for helping me. He's really cool. I highly recommend getting him if you can find him.

User Image
User Image

Assimilated Wolf

@Mildellas: Nice get!

Today I got my hands on a MP Thundercracker! I'm almost afraid to open the box... NAH!

Also, I saw what the Beast Hunters Starscream will look like now that there are better pictures. I can totally see me getting him and pretending he's an original character. Wave three of the Bot Shots looks interesting too...
Transformers are amazing! i AM A FAN OF TRANSFORMERs! i am a fan of transformers optimus prime. smile

Unbeatable Hunter

I assume they couldn't use the name Fireflight due to copyright or something.
I wish other stores would finish resetting shelves and restocking already.

My Toys R Us is the worst. There are scalpers that lurk all the stores near me and they take up all the desirable stuff and leave what they think won't sell well. I know one guy just re-sells the dxs he finds for $20 at his store full of scalped goods...

Valiant Jackling

Inazuman Frash

My Toys R Us is the worst. There are scalpers that lurk all the stores near me and they take up all the desirable stuff and leave what they think won't sell well. I know one guy just re-sells the dxs he finds for $20 at his store full of scalped goods...

Sounds like a hassle for something that doesn't render much profit. Deluxes are what, $16 now in TRU? Add in tax, the figure winds up costing like $18. Even if TRU accepted resale certificates (which I'm pretty sure they don't), he's still not making much, if he is indeed scalping.

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Erailea
Inazuman Frash

Sounds like a hassle for something that doesn't render much profit. Deluxes are what, $16 now in TRU? Add in tax, the figure winds up costing like $18. Even if TRU accepted resale certificates (which I'm pretty sure they don't), he's still not making much, if he is indeed scalping.

His best bet would be the Internet, honestly... Some of the more recent deluxes sell for 25+ some places.

Speaking of deluxes, I FINALLY saw a single PRID Hot Shot in my area. Just one at Aldi's...Passed him up, though, since I'm not too fond of Bumblebee's mold. Picked up a second vehicon instead. My friend tried to convince me to buy all 4 just to turn a profit online. :/ I also bought a FOC Soundwave at TRU because I had $10 off in rewards coupons.

Valiant Jackling

Murasaki Alien
Erailea
Inazuman Frash

His best bet would be the Internet, honestly... Some of the more recent deluxes sell for 25+ some places.

Speaking of deluxes, I FINALLY saw a single PRID Hot Shot in my area. Just one at Aldi's...Passed him up, though, since I'm not too fond of Bumblebee's mold. Picked up a second vehicon instead. My friend tried to convince me to buy all 4 just to turn a profit online. :/ I also bought a FOC Soundwave at TRU because I had $10 off in rewards coupons.

Even then, if you sell it for $25 on ebay you have to calculate ebay and paypal fee's. Listing a $25 item can cost anywhere between 60-90 cents, depending on what you do (image packages, etc) and then paypal, I think, takes 4% (might be 3%) of the sales total. So you're going to lose $1.5 - $2 on every $25 sale, for an item you spent roughly $18 to buy in the first place. Yeah, there's still a profit, but if one goes off the old adage that time is money, the scalper just lost.

Only way I can see the scalping being mildly worthwhile is if you're an employee of the store you bought it from, since they tend to get discounts.

Ah well, moving on.... I still have $5 in rewards I need to use. Dunno what I'll use in on though :/ There really isn't anything I want to buy!

Valiant Jackling

Oh, for any of you ladies who want a geeky wallet, I discovered that Spencer's has this: Decepticon Wallet/Clutch!. They also have an Autobot version and a couple of ones standard for guys.

Discovered them yesterday while surfing the net. I've had a "guy" style Trasnformers wallet since September (got it at FYE), but I've grown frustrated with the lack of a coin pouch xp I'm tired of my pockets and bag jingling. Lol. So I was looking for something to replace it with and figured I'd give a clutch style wallet a shot, thus discovering there were two Transformers themed ones xd

Figured I'd let you guys know in case anyone was interested in those sort of things wink

So far I like my D-con clutch, but I only just got it last night. I haven't put it to much practical use yet. Think I should have ordered it online and spared my poor brain the store experience though. That store skeeves me out...

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Erailea
Oh, for any of you ladies who want a geeky wallet, I discovered that Spencer's has this: Decepticon Wallet/Clutch!. They also have an Autobot version and a couple of ones standard for guys.

Discovered them yesterday while surfing the net. I've had a "guy" style Trasnformers wallet since September (got it at FYE), but I've grown frustrated with the lack of a coin pouch xp I'm tired of my pockets and bag jingling. Lol. So I was looking for something to replace it with and figured I'd give a clutch style wallet a shot, thus discovering there were two Transformers themed ones xd

Figured I'd let you guys know in case anyone was interested in those sort of things wink

So far I like my D-con clutch, but I only just got it last night. I haven't put it to much practical use yet. Think I should have ordered it online and spared my poor brain the store experience though. That store skeeves me out...

The Scalper thing: Yeah, :/ I guess people forget that these businesses don't offer their services for free.

OOO That's cool! Espeically the Autobot Wallet! All spray paint looking! Sadly there are no Spencers in my area, though. ^^; And I still don't buy anything online. >> Not yet anyway.... Although I'm still pretty happy with my Cartoony, Movie-styled, Optimus, manly, bi-fold wallet. Since I don't keep it in my pants pocket like a dude would, the picture on it isn't faded at all and still looks almost as good as it did when I bought it months ago. My friends are shocked since graphics wallets like that DO tend to fade rather quick. The ones with the 'con logo on it is pretty tempting but I'm not sure if I want to betray the Autobots. >>; *is shot*

Assimilated Wolf

emotion_kirakira ...DAMMIT HASBRO!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/video-review-transformers-prime-beast-hunters-cyberverse-legions-twinstrike-smokescreen-and-airachnid/26590/

Also, since we're getting a real TF razz version of Soundwave maybe we'll get a Commander class Breakdown... Here's hoping.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff