Welcome to Gaia! ::

Finlet
@ yokyun2: thanks for the link and grats on your new doll! I just now bought one for Fizz (my daughter). I figure you can't go wrong for that price! I'm familiar with abs from Hujoos.

@ Shiro: eh... even if its off topic Mitsuko will make your pics on-topic again, right? Its not like OT dolls can't be in the background or used as props.

I did not know this. Thanks for the info!
ShiroGalaxy
Suko_Elric
ShiroGalaxy
Suko_Elric
ShiroGalaxy

I've got a couple of SD girls I could take pictures of her with when I get home from work if you'd like so you can see how they look?

Yes please! emotion_kirakira

biggrin It'll be a few hours, but I'll get you pictures later today.

That's fine. I need to tear myself away from gaia long enough to finish my DoA contest stuff anyways... It's not going well... Too involved with the event... xp

Well, not exactly the best pictures, but here are the pictures I was able to take with one of my girls. I can try to do some better pictures later when I can borrow my brother's camera.

AS Kana and Jun Planing Gloxinia
AS Kana and Jun Planning Gloxinia 2

I can't see the second one... I was hoping they'd be a little bigger, but she's still cute! (here comes the onslaught of questions)
Do they pose well?
Did she come with an outfit? Wig? Eyes?
What size eyes does she take?
What size wig does she need?
The wig isn't glued onto her is it?
Is she double or single jointed?
How much does she weigh?
Did she come with a face-up?
How is her head cap attached or does she even have one?
Does she have mobility joints in her thighs?
Aside from being made of ABS, are they like normal bjds?
Is my noob showing yet? sweatdrop

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Suko_Elric

I can't see the second one... I was hoping they'd be a little bigger, but she's still cute! (here comes the onslaught of questions)
Do they pose well?
How much does she weigh?

Ai dolls pose okay. But their elastic is super stretchy and sometimes their clothing they come with is restricting their poseability.
They all come with eyes, outfits, and wigs. Their wigs are more of a saran fiber though, so it's shiney
I have yet to figure out what size eyes and wigs I should order. I really need to look more into it.
The wig is not glued in. It's held on by a chunk of velcro.
Single joints.
They weight next to nothing
Yes, teh faceup is rather basic, but she does come with one.
The headcap is magnets, and snaps on. It's rather thin, and sometimes hard to get on just right with a wig. Chances are if you keep the velco on, and remove the wig, the cap will come up with it.

They are generally like BJDs. They don't really have 'swivel' ball joints, if that makes sense to you. But they're still rather fun to play with, and still work well with the BJDs. Their plastic does look a little greyer than the resin BJDs though.
XFateX
Suko_Elric

Do they pose well?
How much does she weigh?

Ai dolls pose okay. But their elastic is super stretchy and sometimes their clothing they come with is restricting their poseability.
They all come with eyes, outfits, and wigs. Their wigs are more of a saran fiber though, so it's shiney
I have yet to figure out what size eyes and wigs I should order. I really need to look more into it.
Single joints.
The headcap is magnets, and snaps on. It's rather thin, and sometimes hard to get on just right with a wig. Chances are if you keep the velco on, and remove the wig, the cap will come up with it.

They are generally like BJDs. They don't really have 'swivel' ball joints, if that makes sense to you. But they're still rather fun to play with, and still work well with the BJDs. Their plastic does look a little greyer than the resin BJDs though.

Thanks for answering all of my questions. I really appreciate it. I think I might invest in one of these.

Demonic Vampire

23,715 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
Suko_Elric
XFateX
Suko_Elric

Do they pose well?
How much does she weigh?

Single joints.

Thanks for answering all of my questions. I really appreciate it. I think I might invest in one of these.

You will be so happy you did!! trust me you will!

Interstellar Loverboy

34,675 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
Does anyone of you who have Mini-Ai dolls have gothic lolita, sweet lolita or princessey ones? I would love to see pictures

Ishtear's Wife

Angelic Gatekeeper

17,375 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
It's been awhile since I've dropped by. I'm waiting on a new doll. >.> It was my boyfriends fault. He offered to buy me a doll because I haven't felt well for about a month. So, I ordered an Illusion Spirit Su Xiaodan with a boy body. I've wanted a little boy for awhile. I'm not sure of his name yet, but he's going to be a curious little boy who discovers a portal to different worlds. He can visit the worlds but he's not able to impact them or alter them any way. The inhabitants of these worlds can't see him and he seems to be immortal while in them. He's pretty much an observer of the events that occur. One of the worlds he visits is Soa's and her friends. Another is a world set in ancient India, where he stumbles upon a lair of Nagas..

I've fallen hard for the Sugarble Nagas. I keep going to look at their pages and dreaming about what combination I would get, but then I'd ask myself what the heck would I do with a naga? I mean, I don't even like snakes!! One day my boyfriend caught me looking at them and he fell in love with them too. We've decided that we need a naga army. We plan to order two each at tax time. I really can't wait. I haven't been this excited about a doll in a while. I've been limiting myself to the dolls in Soa's story so I haven't looked outside of that or thought about getting anything I really love and want. I think it was starting to depress me. I love my dolls and I'm extremely happy with them, but something about looking forward to the nagas really thrills me. I'm very excited to have fantasy dolls. I don't plan on dresses them in clothing at all. I want to make them leis and jewelry to wear instead. I'm still in the process of planning everything.

Enough rambling from me, here's a picture of Aria.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dressed in white
by Stokiaci, on Flickr

Fluffy Prophet

@ Stokiaci: sorry you havent been feeling well. My husband bought Arlette for me for the same reason, and it opened up a whole new world. Aria looks amazing, almost like a ghost. So pretty.
have you seen this Naga? User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Blessed Explorer

5,375 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Fluffy Prophet

@ halfling: adorable! what a great find and a great price. I'd so buy her if I was going for a tiny instead of msd. I really love fantasy colored resin. I hope if soom ever makes an msd mermaid it will come in blue or lavender.

Interstellar Loverboy

34,675 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
I'm getting more and more excited of getting my own doll when watching all these lovelies in here... I really hope I would win at least 1k from lottery games I do occasionally when there is big jackpot... then I could order myself doll sooner than waiting tax returns

Blessed Explorer

5,375 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Finlet
@ halfling: adorable! what a great find and a great price. I'd so buy her if I was going for a tiny instead of msd. I really love fantasy colored resin. I hope if soom ever makes an msd mermaid it will come in blue or lavender.

I just know you love mermaids and it made me think of you. smile

Fluffy Prophet

@ halfling: yep, I love them to bits. I sometimes dream of being underwater, I love the ocean.

@ Intimate Rain: it is exciting, and as for me the excitement never wears off, even when I'm not getting a new doll, playing with the ones I have makes me so happy and turns a bad day around.

speaking of playing, Piper has insisted on riding on a pony boy. This is right next to my computer:
User Image

Interstellar Loverboy

34,675 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
@finlet: I think I might just be as excitedtoo, since I'm all excited of my all Monster High dolls, but I've been dreaming of BJD for over 14 years or so, andn ow It's so near to come true, but still so far (few months) . I really wish I'd get lottery win so I could jsut order away and settle to wait for it to arrive

Fluffy Prophet

@ Intimate Rain: I like MH too, my Mom has a whole lot, maybe 2 dozen? and my husband and I customize them too.

ok so I have to share, too excited that I finished her. I made this bjd from scratch, and I finally got a non-gore pic to share. If you like dark themes though you should see her in my deviantart.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces