Welcome to Gaia! ::

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
CannibalisticBeauty
Hi guys I know I am posting very rarely now but I try to keep up with the thread.

So I work for the people who run the Atlanta Ball Jointed Doll Con.

I am slated to run some table top games where your dolls are your characters and the game board pieces. What are your thoughts on this? Or should I also run a meet up for the Gaia BJD group?

Meets could be fun, but I think most of the Gaia group here is either New York/Canada and some mid-west... for the larger portion of us..

CoIdbird's Wife

Tiny Bunny

13,400 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Hiyoo all i havent posted in this thread in a long time so im sure no one remembers me XD its ok!

Anyway i have a question if someone could answer it for me! So all my stuff is in the US and im rebuying most of my faceup matierals to paint my new angel studio honglee my question is what is the best proper gas mask i could buy for faceups? i know you need a certain kind so i wanted to ask everyone before i make a purchase!

I moved to Austria so i have to go through the german amazon which is amazon.de to find things any help would be appreciated thankies so much ^^!!

Obsessive Cultist

Cinibunny
Hiyoo all i havent posted in this thread in a long time so im sure no one remembers me XD its ok!

Anyway i have a question if someone could answer it for me! So all my stuff is in the US and im rebuying most of my faceup matierals to paint my new angel studio honglee my question is what is the best proper gas mask i could buy for faceups? i know you need a certain kind so i wanted to ask everyone before i make a purchase!

I moved to Austria so i have to go through the german amazon which is amazon.de to find things any help would be appreciated thankies so much ^^!!

Yeah, we have different norms in Europe as far as I know. When you're looking for a mask for spraying / sanding, you need to look out for two things in the name/description. A and P. A means it protects against organic vapors, P is for particles. You might want a combination mask in case you wanna do anything other than just face ups in the future.
There's different levels for A, 1 and 2. 2 protects against a higher concentration of gases than 1 does. And there's 3 levels for P. The higher the better basically. So you should be on the safe side with A2P3 for example.
(Make sure to buy one with changeable filters, there's one-use masks on amazon as well, and those, while also safe, are a waste of money in this hobby.)

CoIdbird's Wife

Tiny Bunny

13,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Hatsya
Cinibunny

Yeah, we have different norms in Europe as far as I know. When you're looking for a mask for spraying / sanding, you need to look out for two things in the name/description. A and P. A means it protects against organic vapors, P is for particles. You might want a combination mask in case you wanna do anything other than just face ups in the future.
There's different levels for A, 1 and 2. 2 protects against a higher concentration of gases than 1 does. And there's 3 levels for P. The higher the better basically. So you should be on the safe side with A2P3 for example.
(Make sure to buy one with changeable filters, there's one-use masks on amazon as well, and those, while also safe, are a waste of money in this hobby.)

This is so helpful thank you so much! Yeah i was looking on a guide for half masks but it was just the american type masks i thought they might have a different type of a system going on i appreciate it! I was curious is this reusable? thinking about getting this one and i agree getting a disposable one is a waste of money this hobby is expensive enough XD.

Also thanks once again you are a big help!

Sparkling Fairy

6,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Generous 100
CannibalisticBeauty
Hi guys I know I am posting very rarely now but I try to keep up with the thread.

So I work for the people who run the Atlanta Ball Jointed Doll Con.

I am slated to run some table top games where your dolls are your characters and the game board pieces. What are your thoughts on this? Or should I also run a meet up for the Gaia BJD group?

I wanted to go to that Con but work won't allow. U_U Maybe next year! *Dreams* The game idea sounds cool though! I'd play!

Ishtear's Wife

Angelic Gatekeeper

17,375 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
So, I finally got my sealer in and was planning to do Niah's faceup this weekend. BUT, I spent the weekend in Washington DC. I've never been and the capitol was pretty cool. I got to see the white house and all the museums and monuments surrounding it. I had a really fun time. Plus, I got to spend time with my family. It doesn't happen often enough for me. I wanted to bring a doll but decided not to because I was afraid something would happen.

Anyway, here's a picture of Niah. I've spend almost every day with her since she came home. I really adore this girl, but I adore all my dolls.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Niah the Great by Stokiaci, on Flickr

Obsessive Cultist

Cinibunny
Hatsya
Cinibunny

This is so helpful thank you so much! Yeah i was looking on a guide for half masks but it was just the american type masks i thought they might have a different type of a system going on i appreciate it! I was curious is this reusable? thinking about getting this one and i agree getting a disposable one is a waste of money this hobby is expensive enough XD.

You're welcome : )
Yes, that one is reusable and looks to be of a good protection level too. I think that's a good kit to buy and will probably last you quite some time ^^ Of course you still gotta change the filters every now and then. But they are also readily available on amazon for seperate purchase when you need new ones.

CoIdbird's Wife

Tiny Bunny

13,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Hatsya
Cinibunny
Hatsya
Cinibunny

Yes, that one is reusable and looks to be of a good protection level too. I think that's a good kit to buy and will probably last you quite some time ^^ Of course you still gotta change the filters every now and then. But they are also readily available on amazon for seperate purchase when you need new ones.

Great!! good to know! and yup this looks nice because i can get the filters later from amazon! Just added it to my cart! ^^ I have another question if thats ok? for europe what is a good brand like Liquitex Gloss? and what kind of paint brand over here and watercolor pencils? sorry for all the questions most of the brands im looking at ether dont sell them over here are super expensive to buy because its imported OTL!! Thanks so much btw!!!

CoIdbird's Wife

Tiny Bunny

13,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Stokiaci
So, I finally got my sealer in and was planning to do Niah's faceup this weekend. BUT, I spent the weekend in Washington DC. I've never been and the capitol was pretty cool. I got to see the white house and all the museums and monuments surrounding it. I had a really fun time. Plus, I got to spend time with my family. It doesn't happen often enough for me. I wanted to bring a doll but decided not to because I was afraid something would happen.

Anyway, here's a picture of Niah. I've spend almost every day with her since she came home. I really adore this girl, but I adore all my dolls.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Niah the Great by Stokiaci, on Flickr

Iv never been to Washington! thats pretty neat though im glad you had a good time!!! Niah is a cutie btw i love the pose i hope you can do her faceup soon! ^^

Obsessive Cultist

Cinibunny
Hatsya
Cinibunny
Hatsya
Cinibunny

Great!! good to know! and yup this looks nice because i can get the filters later from amazon! Just added it to my cart! ^^ I have another question if thats ok? for europe what is a good brand like Liquitex Gloss? and what kind of paint brand over here and watercolor pencils? sorry for all the questions most of the brands im looking at ether dont sell them over here are super expensive to buy because its imported OTL!! Thanks so much btw!!!

Ask away :3 I'm glad if I can help. There's a few different brands I like for all my art supply stuff for face upping. Namely Schmincke, Rembrandt and Faber-Castell. Schmincke and Rembrandt especially for their pastels. My watercolor pencils are Faber-Castell, but I don't use them often (personal preferences, unrelated to pencil quality ^^), so I can't tell you whatelse is out there that might be better. And for gloss, I'm probably also not gonna be very helpful, because I just use all kinds of brands my local art supply store carries and none have been disappointing so far. But most do carry Liquitex around here as well for what seems like normal prices to me (but then again, everything is more expensive here compared to the US lol that's just how it is), I'd imagine it'd be the same in Austria o: Did you have the chance to check if there is a store like that near you? I still prefer that over online shopping for this :3

Fluffy Prophet

@ CannibalisticBeauty: welcome back! we've missed you.

@ Stokiaci: she's adorable! I love her pink shirt.

@ roslyn: that wig is amazing on her.

Kinedel's Wife

Divine Kitten

So, um...this kind of just happened. sweatdrop

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
new_house by toraojou, on Flickr

Jonathan and I are now officially first-time home owners! Well, we're hopefully closing on August 8th. It's all a waiting game now. xd

Sorry for the mess/dead-looking front yard...it's still being built. whee

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Tora, That's so awesome! I'm glad you got the house you wanted!

Blessed Explorer

5,375 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Yay!@Tora

Also is it bad I miss my dolls already...lol.

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
@ Stokiaci: Your Miyu is so cute!

</3 You should come visit sometime. I like to hold little meets every now and again either out or at my house... Usually ends up being 3-4 of us. <3

I had a little meet yesterday in fact.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Group! by Silvermasques, on Flickr

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Miguel and Sammi by Silvermasques, on Flickr

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff