Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Yoko is on her way now, but when she arrives I will totally post pictures. ;u;
Berghage: That's a huge collection. * - * Haha I'm jealous. ; u;
Ohh really? ; n; I'll probably ruin so many doll heads. xDD;;

Peacock: First off, your username made me gigglesnort. > u <
And yay for pictures! :'DDD And congrats~!
Berghage
Oh, a BJD thread! Cool beans. smile

I've been collecting for around two years, and my collection is thus:

A Dollmore Film Noir Lawrence LE10
A Dollmore Lingerie III: Ipsae Monahan LE50
A Fairyland Puki Pukisha
A Fairyland Minifee Shiwoo
A Fairyland Minifee Scar Breakaway
A Fairyland Minifee Sleeping Scar Breakaway horror mod
A Fairyland Minifee Karsh
A LUTS Minifee Elf Shiwoo
A DIM Lady Gaga Minimee
A Volks Irvin
And I have a SOOM Tuff on layaway.

If anyone wants to see pics of my crew, I'd be happy to post them. smile

In response to face upping: It can be fun, but it can also be kinda disheartening when you mess up. ;^;

Oh my ;o
you have quite the collection
And I'd love to see some pics :3
any advice to a becoming doll owner? xD
I need to know alot about how to take good care of him once he arrives ;o

IRL Mecha

35,450 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Monster Hunter 100
Berghage
Oh, a BJD thread! Cool beans. smile

I've been collecting for around two years, and my collection is thus:

A Dollmore Lingerie III: Ipsae Monahan LE50
A Fairyland Puki Pukisha
A Fairyland Minifee Shiwoo
A Fairyland Minifee Scar Breakaway
A Fairyland Minifee Sleeping Scar Breakaway horror mod
A Fairyland Minifee Karsh
A LUTS Minifee Elf Shiwoo
A DIM Lady Gaga Minimee
A Volks Irvin
And I have a SOOM Tuff on layaway.

If anyone wants to see pics of my crew, I'd be happy to post them. smile

In response to face upping: It can be fun, but it can also be kinda disheartening when you mess up. ;^;

O.o biggrin biggrin I HAVE A FILM NOIR LAWRENCE TOO! *cough* Sorry, it's jsut that I only know of maybe two of the other Film Noir Lawrence owners. Do you know which number yours is? As far as I know, mine is number ten. I got very, very lucky and Dollmore still had the very last one in stock in January. Also, ooh, you have an Irvin! biggrin They're one of my favourite Volks molds.

I agree with what you said about faceupping-it's always really frustrating to get a faceup nearly done and then have some part wind up completely messed up or that you just cannot get right. For me it's usually the lips or the eyebrows. I've gotten a little better, but I hate doing eyebrows.

If we're listing dolls, I've been collecting for three years and so far I've got:
An Elfdoll William Winterberry LE150
An LE tan Cherishdoll Chubby Demon
Two Fantasydoll/Dollzone X hybrids
A Luts Wintery/Resinsoul hybrid
A Delf El/domuya hybrid
A Dollzone Mo-B/Popodoll hybrid (this is the SD sized event head)
A Dollzone Mo (msd sized)
A FL Pukipuki Chichi
A FL Pukipuki Ruby
A Unidoll Ark
A BBB Weylin
A BBB Sunny
A BBB Sprite
A Resinsoul Lian
A Resinsoul Mu (modified)
An Abio Angel Er
An Obitsu Gretel boy (modified)
....yeah, I may have a bit of a problem. XD
What's better; Double jointed or non? ; A;

I've heard that double jointed dolls look weird? Q ^Q But they'd be better for posing..

*is jealous of your dolls Win*

xD

IRL Mecha

35,450 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Monster Hunter 100
Cinnamon Yum
What's better; Double jointed or non? ; A;

I've heard that double jointed dolls look weird? Q ^Q But they'd be better for posing..

*is jealous of your dolls Win*

xD
It sorta depends on whether you value posing or aesthetics more. Double jointed dolls do tend to have weird looking joints, but they pose a lot better than most single jointed dolls. Single jointed dolls tend to have prettier/less odd looking joints, but aren't as good at posing in most cases. Of course, if you keep them fully clothed most of the time, you can't really tell the difference. XD
To me, it doesn't make a difference. Sure, some of my boys can pose much better and more naturally than others, but I'm not usually trying to get them into positions where they really need to. (And in at least one case, the double jointing is a disadvantage-for my Delf/Domuya hybrid the combination of thin elastic and the amount of jointing makes him floppy. Even strung so tightly it took three people to get him back together, he can curl into a foetal position without being out of joint but can't stand up without help.)
Ah I see. ; u; Thank you so much haha. I'll probably just go with single jointed then. x3
Restringing a doll sounds scary to me, only because with my stupidity and luck I'd somehow mess it up or break my doll. xDD;; But that's pretty tight to have to use three people. o w o;;

IRL Mecha

35,450 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Monster Hunter 100
Cinnamon Yum
Ah I see. ; u; Thank you so much haha. I'll probably just go with single jointed then. x3
Restringing a doll sounds scary to me, only because with my stupidity and luck I'd somehow mess it up or break my doll. xDD;; But that's pretty tight to have to use three people. o w o;;
You're welcome.^^

lol I think you'd be okay. Just don't be like I did once and accidentally launch a part across a room. >.<
yeah, it was kinda insane, having to make it that tight. I was terrified I was either going to break him or the elastic was going to break and one of us would get hurt. x.x Luckily he and we were all fine, but I think he needs new elastic.
Oh my xD of course that would be a bad thing to launch parts around, but it would also be slightly amusing haha.
I feel like someone about to adopt a child XD
Flaque; Advice? They do need baths, especially white skin dolls. I clean everyone in my crew about once a week, it really helps them look nice and new for as long as possible! Also, I would recommend not freaking out when something bad happens. 9 times out of 10, it can be fixed with little fuss. I would also recommend brushing wigs once a week... it's good to just have a "bath day" for your dolls, where you clean them and brush their wigs and dust off their eyes.

Wine-lo-wich; OMG! you have one too?! Mine is number seven! I've had him for a year and bought him a year after Dollmore released him. He was my very first doll ever, actually, and is one of my favorites. Mine does not have the bullet hole in his face up - I asked Dollmore to leave it off when ordering him, and they did. smile As for my Irvin, he's a present to me from my mother, so he's currently hidden in her room until Christmas. He's been my dream doll since I got into the hobby... I've been waiting two years to have one. heart

On the topic of joints: I prefer double jointed. The posing is so nice (my minifees are excellent posers!) and my dolls wear clothes all the time anyway, so the joints get covered. I have both kinds of jointing and both are nice in their own ways. I would like to say that double jointing really depends on the engineering on whether or not the doll is floppy - Domuyas are NOTORIOUSLY floppy, I've seen several in person and all of them were flopmonsters. Minifees and double-jointed Dollzones, on the other hand, are rock solid and pose beautifully. None of my minifees need help standing and they all have the factory stringing. They can even stand on one leg and on their hands.

Picspam time!:

Reid, FL MNF Sleeping Scar Breakaway mod (warning for a slightly gorey mod): x x x His mods were done by Onegreyelephant.
Gideon, FL MNF Scar Breakaway: x
Gaga/Gagita/Gagaloo, DIM Lady Gaga MNM: x
Theron, DM Film Noir Lawrence: x x x
Youngibaba, FL MNF Shiwoo: x x
Daisy, LUTS MNF Shiwoo Elf: x
Annemarie, DM Lingerie III Ipsae: x

I don't have any pictures of my MNF Karsh or my Irvin or Puki, unfortunately. My Karsh still needs a face up... Dx

IRL Mecha

35,450 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Monster Hunter 100
I do! Mine is one of my favourites, too. I really love taking him to meets, because he's so much fun to just have lurking in the background amongst all the pretty boys and girls. XD
I think he's a great one to have for a first doll ever! My first one was my Ark. I'd love to have an Irvin. I keep promising myself that I'l have one one day...along with a sunlight skin F-31.

Oh, yeah-pretty much nothing you do to a Domuya short of a full body sueding and wiring will really do anything to fix the flop. They have ridiculously tiny stringing channels in their limbs, which means that they can't be strung with thick enough elastic to stop it. :/ Most of my other double jointed dolls are fine, though my Resinsoul double jointed bodies are similarly nightmarish unless they're tightly strung. Fairyland, on the other hand have absolutely beautiful engineering in their dolls-we once managed to get about six pukis standing on one hand at one time at a meet!

I heart Reid, Berghage! Onegreyelephant is one of my favourite modders, and that mod looks really incredible! Your other dolls are gorgeous, too!

Some photos of mine (please forgive the awful quality of some):
Johnni, Puki Ruby and Sid, Puki Chichi:X
Sheenagh, RS Lian: X
Zepar, my modded RS Mu (I did all the dyeing/blushing/carving/sculpting claws and adding magnets for his wings):X|X
Syndrome, Delf El/Domuya hybrid (I forgot to mention, he's had a lip mod done by the person who did his faceup): X|X|X
Anthony (Ant), DM Film Noir Lawrence: X|X
Finn, BBB Weylin: X|X
Luke, AA Er: X
Damien, CD Chubby Demon:X
Sean, Dollzone/Fdoll hybrid:X|X
Seamus, also a Dollzone/Fdoll hybrid (and Sean's twin brother):X
Sakai, Dollzone/Popodoll hybrid:X
Ligeia, BBB Sprite:X
Ian, Luts Wintery 08/RS hybrid:X|X
Aurelius, Unidoll Ark:X
Dorian, modified Obitsu Gretel boy (I also did his mods):X

At the moment, I can't seem to dig up any already uploaded photos of the others.
Wine-lo-wich; Thanks, dear! Reid is one of the crown jewels of my collection. Onegreyelephant does gorgeous work. I'm kind of a minifee addict because of the bodies... and they just have so many cute and sexy faces, how can I resist amassing an army? Irvins are drop-dead gorgeous in person... the photos on the site do not do them justice at all. The default face up is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

I -love- your Lawrence! That wig, those eyes~ heart I'm in love! Where did you get those fingerless gloves for him? I don't remember seeing them on Dollmore. Your dolls all really know how to accessorize! Where do you get those wonderful cyber/goth items like the mask and eye patches? My Lawrence needs more clubbing gear... whee

IRL Mecha

35,450 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Monster Hunter 100
Berghage
Wine-lo-wich; Thanks, dear! Reid is one of the crown jewels of my collection. Onegreyelephant does gorgeous work. I'm kind of a minifee addict because of the bodies... and they just have so many cute and sexy faces, how can I resist amassing an army? Irvins are drop-dead gorgeous in person... the photos on the site do not do them justice at all. The default face up is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

I -love- your Lawrence! That wig, those eyes~ heart I'm in love! Where did you get those fingerless gloves for him? I don't remember seeing them on Dollmore. Your dolls all really know how to accessorize! Where do you get those wonderful cyber/goth items like the mask and eye patches? My Lawrence needs more clubbing gear... whee
You're welcome! ^^ I really adore onegreyelephant's work and hope to own a piece of it someday (if I ever manage to actually have money when there's a head I like for sale). I love minifees! I don't own any yet because I'm trying to mostly stick to 60cm-ish dolls, but I have a friend with a ridiculously adorable MNF Woosoo who's weakening my resolve a little more very time I see him. I'm glad to hear that about Irvins. Volks' photos really tend to not be great, which is sad because they make some lovely sculpts.

Thank you! Those are one of my two favourite pairs on him. The other is a pair with black sclera that almost make him look like he doesn't have eyes at all.
Heh, my boys do love their accessories! The fingerless gloves are from DenverDoll. They're made by Dollzone for their 65cm boys, but they fit 70 cms pretty well. The cyber items are harder to find. The half face mask with the studs all over it is from Dollmore, and the hard mask with the studs down the center I sculpted myself. (They also have a full face gas mask I made.) The goggles are both by Anotherspace, but as far as I know, they don't make them anymore. They shouldn't be too difficult to find on the secondary market, though-that's where both of mine came from.

superjered's Love Of My Life

Fashionable Shopper

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
(Newbie here, please forgive me, also posted it in the other thread aswell incase 1 was inactive)

Is there anyway to get a anime looking doll like on the link below, without spending $400+? :S I wanted to get just 1 and change the clothes now and then, kinda like gaia, but in RL xD Maybe with white hair too (since thats usually my avatars looks). I just don't have that much to spare on 1 doll :S

I do have a few Liv dolls, which are similar in the way they hove etc, just doesn't seem to have the anime look sad

Trying to find something like this (I have no idea what I'm doing tho >< wink : http://dollfiehome.com/2010/10/20/welcome-to-dollfie-home/

Message/Reply if you can biggrin <3 Thankyou in advance!

P.S - Oh and do they fit most doll clothes? >.> I have a lot of nice barbie/liv/disney doll clothes that I've kept safe, but I wasn't sure if they fit smile Thankyou again!
Oh my god o_o
the dolls look amazing
Dx damnit I want my doll now!!
xD
uuh Im gonna bee soo freaking hyper when he arrives

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items