Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Worshipper

Ferrie
♠ I loved Yuri Lowenthal as Bunny. He sounds EXACTLY what I imagined him to sound like. I'm surprised anyone's upset with the cast tbh

And ******** yeah, anything with Steve Blum in it becomes 50% more awesome

Only one I'm truly iffy with is Kotetsu's voice. But once I get to hear it more/better it'll grow on me.

And ikr?

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Ferrie
Jackie-senpai
Well, to be fair Tiger does sound REALLY off. Other than that its sounded great so far though! I'm excited to hear Steve Blum as Jake and you really can't get better casting than Kari Wahlgren as Blue Rose.
♠ I can't really decide what to think of Kotetsu. Half the time I couldn't really hear him clearly cuz all the damn laughing in the background.
What I do manage to make out does sound really young though which is funny considering his va is apparently middle-aged himself.

Oh I know, I've heard the VA in other things before and he's sounded older so I'm not really sure what's going on with him in this dub. Maybe since I've heard him in other stuff I was expecting him to sound different? To be honest though, I kind of think that Tiger's Japanese voice is so perfect for him and I'm not sure that there IS an English VA that can quite match that tone. And you know, I'm saying that from the perspective of someone who tends to prefer dubs.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Diabolical Indulgence
Jackie-senpai
I actually really liked what I heard of Yuri Lowenthal for Barnaby but I usually like him in anything.

Oh, I liked it, too. It's just not quite what I imagined it to be. I just think it's a tad bit too deep for Bunny. The poshness is epic though. heart

Really? From what I can recall, Yuri Lowental tends to have a higher pitched voice than what I remember hearing from Barnaby's Japanese voice. It seemed pretty evenly matched with this one though.

Personally, I think the only other VA's I can think of that could possibly pull off Barnaby would be Sam Regal or Eric Vale.

Alien Worshipper

Jackie-senpai

Oh I know, I've heard the VA in other things before and he's sounded older so I'm not really sure what's going on with him in this dub. Maybe since I've heard him in other stuff I was expecting him to sound different? To be honest though, I kind of think that Tiger's Japanese voice is so perfect for him and I'm not sure that there IS an English VA that can quite match that tone. And you know, I'm saying that from the perspective of someone who tends to prefer dubs.

I was thinking possibly Illich Guardiola... Or Tony Oliver.

But I agree on that Kotetsu's Japanese voice is just perfect.

Alien Worshipper

Jackie-senpai

Really? From what I can recall, Yuri Lowental tends to have a higher pitched voice than what I remember hearing from Barnaby's Japanese voice. It seemed pretty evenly matched with this one though.

Personally, I think the only other VA's I can think of that could possibly pull off Barnaby would be Sam Regal or Eric Vale.

Well it was hard to hear over the screaming/cheering but I do think it sounded a bit too deep. We'll just have to wait for the English trailer to be released to be able to hear it better I guess.

I really don't mind though, I think Yuri did a wonderful job. I'm kinda glad it's a bit deeper than what I expected or I'll keep on hearing Ben Tennyson. *kinda a big Ben 10 fan* |D;

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Diabolical Indulgence
Jackie-senpai

I was thinking possibly Illich Guardiola... Or Tony Oliver.

But I agree on that Kotetsu's Japanese voice is just perfect.

Hmm....I do love Illich's voice. Its been a while since I've heard him.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Diabolical Indulgence
Jackie-senpai

Well it was hard to hear over the screaming/cheering but I do think it sounded a bit too deep. We'll just have to wait for the English trailer to be released to be able to hear it better I guess.

I really don't mind though, I think Yuri did a wonderful job. I'm kinda glad it's a bit deeper than what I expected or I'll keep on hearing Ben Tennyson. *kinda a big Ben 10 fan* |D;

Yeah I can agree with you about the screaming.

Ah, my go-to voice when I think of Yuri is always Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss. I've liked him in a ton of other things as well but I just have such an attachment to that game.

Alien Worshipper

Jackie-senpai

Been a while for me, too. Last time was Gojyo in the first Saiyuki anime. Didn't he also do Krad in D.N.Angel as well?

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Diabolical Indulgence
Jackie-senpai

Been a while for me, too. Last time was Gojyo in the first Saiyuki anime. Didn't he also do Krad in D.N.Angel as well?

Oh wow, so its been a really long time for you then, huh? xd

I loved him as Gojyo but I don't know about D.N.Angel since I was never a big fan of that show. Read the manga for a while until I got bored with it but I only saw like four episodes of the anime and that was years ago. I think the last thing I heard him in was in Appleseed: Ex Machina.

Speaking of Saiyuki though, you know who else I haven't heard in a while but absolutely adore? David Matranga. Good god if there's any voice actor that I really miss, its him. Although I've heard he's started to do some more anime recently.

6,750 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
I can't wait. This is an anime I'd really like to see.

BeanieBaggie's Datemate

Dapper Dabbler

13,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I think Barnaby's voice is perfect, but Kotetsu's is a little young for him. He sounds like he should be the age of Barnaby gonk
I'm really looking forward to hearing Kotetsu's daughter's voice (who's name has just escaped me) as well as Mavrick and Edward.
I'm just so excited for the dub 4laugh

(*cough* also hoping that, once the dub is released, they'll start selling tiger and bunny merch at hot topic like they are supposed to)

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I'm really excited about seeing the dub for this. especially since one of my all time favorite VAs has a role in this (I am such a fan of Kari Wahlgren, she has such wonderful talent: I squeed when I heard she'd be voicing Karina/Blue Rose).

7,275 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Is there a release date yet for the dub? Or a premire date if it's going to be running on neon alley before it's released?

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Diabolical Indulgence
So, like, I was looking through the list of the voice actors and Steven Blum is gonna be Jake! emotion_kirakira

Who are you excited to hear the voice for?

Any character Steven Blum does is GOLD. scream GOLD!!!!!

Barton Wolf

35,565 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Nerd 50
WindWolf94
Is there a release date yet for the dub? Or a premire date if it's going to be running on neon alley before it's released?

October 2nd. It's on the video on that Neon Alley site. So next week!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff