Welcome to Gaia! ::

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
Detective Taller was relieved that he wasn't among the suspects. However, he realized with shock... neither was the person he suspected. Of course not, the officers hadn't talked to her... but wouldn't they have found her by now? Maybe he was really wrong... probably he was wrong... he couldn't remember the last time he'd screwed up a case like that... and there was evidence against others... he'd messed up, he was in trouble...he'd be lucky if he just got stuck handling "lost cat" cases for the next few months...

Shirtless Feeder

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
Beni looked downward when her name was called and she was asked to step forward, among the few selected others. Instantly, it felt like being called on in school when one didn't know the answer. Beni looked at the others who were called. It didn't really surprise her that they were called as well. But the way Konani and Nilda were treating it was rather nonchalant.

Beni waited and listened as the police called off the various motives of her peers. When Nilda's background was revealed, her eyes widened slightly. A cultist, eh? There was but a subtle smile at that thought.

Beni glared slightly at the officer, clutching her drag very protectively. "My drag? I...am afraid not. It is very precious to me. A gift." She then frowned at Nilda, who was insinuating the others had more at stake than her. "That may be so...but what is this about a cult I hear?"

Sparkly Star

Kranberry Jam
Cirque Du Gothique NPC :: Masquerade Host

[[ This is just the host NPC, she won't actually participate in the RP. ]]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

While he waited for Beni to respond, McBlarny turned to listen to Nilda speak.

"Listen missy, I would not act so smart if I were you. Regardless of what you think about who does or does not have more of a reason, you are still a suspect. Maybe if your little imp friend was to surface, you might get yourself an alibi." Mae's sudden confession caught him by surprise, and he quickly sent one of the other officers to find the waiter in question.

"We will see if your story checks out. You sure are a piece of work, lady." Sighing in annoyance, he turned his attention back to Beni, "Look, I asked nicely. Don't make me take it by force." He hated these type of folks, acting like they could do whatever they want. Too bad one of them had not been the victim.

[[ Edited! ;o Also I have been spelling blarney wrong! ]]

Greedy Shapeshifter

17,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
"How direct of you," Nilda was still not phased. "You want him found? You have to have bait. But since you lovely folks showed up accusing everyone left and right of being the murderer, you genuinely think he's going to show his face? Come on, he's a kleptomaniac and he knows that reason alone is going to get him hauled into prison or the mental ward. Whichever the courts feel like throwing at him first." She waved off the officer like he was any other person who got in her face. Oh this was rather annoying, she really didn't care.

-Cue Beni-

"Are we still on this business?" Nilda asked boredly. "Alright, fine. . I'll humor you. My 'cult' allows me to have my own personal harem living at my home. What about yours? Does yours indulge in such pleasures?"

Sparkly Star

Kranberry Jam

McBlarny frowned at the conversation between Beni and Nilda. It was expected in this sort of situation for suspects to lash out at each other, but he found it annoying none the less. He was shocked by Nilda's comment, a cult with harems? This ball was a damn circus! Remembering the hostess was actually from cirque du gothique, it sounded like a good description.

McBlarny leaned against the wall, listening to the conversation. Annoying as it was, he might get some good info from this.

[[ D:! ]]

Shirtless Feeder

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
Beni shook her head at Mae when she said something about being with a waiter. Was it true? Beni couldn't be sure. But Mae did have a point. It didn't paint her in a good light, under normal circumstances. But these weren't normal by any means. When the officer addressed her, she was taken aback by his brashness. She took a step back, still clutching her drag as if it were her child. "And I responded nicely. You may think twice about using force. After all...if a certain politician gains the power, your job itself could be...well, very much like dear Miss Scottson at the moment. Dead."

Beni's nose wrinkled. She shook her head when Nilda talked about a harem. "So your cult cares more about personal gain than the greater good. How selfish. Such ways can only lead to chaos. Order is what is important. Discipline. Commitment. How else will we ever be able to achieve paradise, if we put ourselves before that which is truly important? Your cult sounds nothing like mi-"

"...Wait. What do you mean by 'yours'? Are...Are you insinuating I'm part of a cult?"

Greedy Shapeshifter

17,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
"I did say I was going to humor you. I never said what would come out of my mouth for that comedy was the pale truth," Nilda smiled. The look on her face seemed playful, almost mocking Beni. "Now what was that last part? 'Your cult sounds nothing like. . . .' Finish that train of thought, I think you were on a roll. Go on, continue. I won't stop your trip from between stations."

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Sighing, feeling the need of refreshments now that he was hauled in to this room crammed with ladies and an ugly old cop, The Kon wrinkled his nose lightly at the man's accusation- "Oh p-l-ease." He just uttered, as it was typical of people to accuse him for this or that whenever it pleased them.

"According to some sources i have been flaunting myself in front of either this or that high and mighty person to gain my position as is, others imply such ridiculous things as me being a woman thus why i would hate them so much. I don't think those rumors is anything to go on in an investigation of a murder." He stated matter-of-factly, but was for some curious reason glad that he had missplaced his own drag, which looked similiar to the one that was being questioned about.

"Stories, rumours- that is all it is. And like a wise man once said; any attention is good attention." He smirked "And would you really believe me, to filthy my hands by even touching a woman? -Anyone having just heard about me should know that i hate them like a plague and would want all of them off earth's surface. So why would i bother with just a single one when i wish all of them gone?" He shook his head and flicked a hand through the delicious, delicate curves.

The bickering in-between he would leave for the ladies. The sooner they started cackling, the sooner they would stop and his poor, delicate ears would be let put to rest.

Sparkly Star

Kranberry Jam

McBlarny was getting irritated with Beni, spoiled brat, using her dad's name to try and get her way. His thoughts were momentarily interrupted by Konani, but he chose to ignore him for the time being. It was true Konani was a sicko as far as he was concerned, but he had bigger fish to fry right now.

Deciding to drop the drag subject until this conversation about cults was worn out, he did not respond to Beni's threat. Seeing the officer he had sent to find the waiter return, he stepped to the edge of the group, to talk quietly with him.

[[ ]]

Shirtless Feeder

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
"You're trying to set me up..." Beni growled at Nilda. Yes. That's what it was. Trying to make her look like the killer. Very clever. "I am not, in any way shape or form, a member for a cult. HOWEVER, if I were...it would certainly be one that is more meaningful than your drabble little group. Probably has something so heinous as group orgies in the moonlight."

She gave Kon a glare as well. His rampant misogyny was getting all too tiresome. "People like you, him and Miss Scottson," she addressed Nilda, "are the reason this world will never achieve paradise. You are holding us back. You are proof to the ephemeral gods that humanity is still tainted and not worthy."

Greedy Shapeshifter

17,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
"Us? Who made you the spokesperson of this 'unworthy' people? I thought you wanted to have nothing with us low lives?" Nilda raised a brow. She fell into thought about how she mentioned the deceased. Oh, this should be fun, the masked woman thought to herself. "Funny how you mentioned Scottson in the list of unworthy people of this paradise of yours. It seems like you're rather hell bent on this paradise."

Shirtless Feeder

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
Her lip quivered in frustration, as she clenched her teeth tight. This woman was infuriating! Beni's grasp on her drag tightened, almost enough to break it. If this were an anime, this is the point where a bright red vein appeared over Beni's head. But instead, she lowered her head and tried to keep her voice steady.

"Whether I like it or not, until the faithful are welcomed into paradise and the unnecessary are left to rot, I am forced to share the same world with you."

She then looked up, eyes slightly crazed. "And why shouldn't I be? In paradise, there will be no pain. No sickness. No hunger. All will be as it should. While some would rather squander their lives now, I have chosen to sacrifice, in hopes that it will hasten the reckoning. Then, I shall be rewarded.

...And yes...Miss Scottson was unworthy. Unnecessary. But that does not mean I would bring her inevitable extinction into the present."

Sparkly Star

Kranberry Jam

"All right all right, that's enough!" McBlarny shouted, breaking up the girls conversation, after returning from talking to the other officer, "I think I have a pretty good idea about what is going on here." He turned to look at Mae, "Count yourself lucky lady, the waiter's story matches up with your own. Of course I reckon you will have a whole lot of trouble to deal with later." He pulled a chair over, and sat in front of Beni and Nilda.

"Your guys story is real interesting, but it is taking too long to get to a point." McBlarny held out his hand to Beni again, "Now I'm serious about that drag, we need to test the ashes. If you do not comply, you will be withholding evidence and will give us a right to take you down to the station. And don't you throw your little tantrum about bringing daddy into this, I don't roll over for politicians, especially the dirty ones."

[[ McBlarny will haunt your nightmares with his ugly chain smokingness D:! ]]

Greedy Shapeshifter

17,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
Nilda just smiled. She knew she wasn't entirely off the hook, but the fact that Beni was getting more heat was something to celebrate about. Well, at least mentally. "My, my, aren't you a darling in the spotlight? Just can't help but be the center of attention. This is going to be an interesting punchline."

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
Detective Taller just sat there, hoping that his suspicions would prove true... he hardly listened to the suspects, until someone mentioned the word "cult".... again, Beni and the whole cultist case came to mind - he hadn't worked that case, but now he remembered details ... and then Beni started talking.
Dear Gaia, was she trying to make herself look guilty? And what was this "sacrifice" she was talking about? Although Beni proclaimed her innocence, Taller once again was afraid he was wrong. Bad luck tended to come in streaks for him, just like with gambling. First that case ... no, that one didn't count... first the botched undercover investigation, then the person he'd wanted to - needed to talk to was murdered, and now he couldn't solve her murder. Or his. But - the case wasn't closed yet. Maybe... maybe he was just needlessly being nervous.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff