Which book did you like the best?

The Hunger Games 0.45 45.0% [ 63 ]
Catching Fire 0.078571428571429 7.9% [ 11 ]
Mockingjay 0.05 5.0% [ 7 ]
All of them!!!~ 0.4 40.0% [ 56 ]
None of them.. ew... reading is for losers. 0.021428571428571 2.1% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 140 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

I absolutely love this series. It was my waking world for a few months...read the whole series 5 times. xp

Devoted Sage

Immaterial Existence
Altessa Belmont
Pss: I hate Peeta ._.

Serious? Why do you hate Peeta?

I just couldn't connect with his character at all. I tried and tried, but I just couldn't like him. I did enjoy Gale's character, even in the end. It was one of those "In the end, nobody really changed, but we now know our true colors," situations. Something about Peeta just bugged me.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Kylochickolo
I can't exactly remember, but someone said she just rushed the end of mocking jay I think? Well I think she rushed the end of 'Catching Fire' As well because I never took anything in so I'm re reading it now but I think she really did rush through them all being allies quickly switching to Johanna knocking her out, etc. But then did she rush through that on purpose? So if she didn't go into too much detail that it would make sure we wouldn't figure out what happened. (that they were all only helping Katniss and Peeta.)I also think that the idea of prim dying was just, I think that wasn't for the plot at all I think it was just so they could add another person to there never ending list of deaths, I mean, How would Prim and all those other medics have gotten to the capitol in that time?The same with Finnick, There was no point to it only to add more sadness into the book because until right at the end of 'Mockingjay' there wasn't really any deaths in the book.

I do think that the end of Mockingjay was somewhat rushed, but that happens with a lot of authors, sadly. Really great authors can avoid it easily, but I forgive Suzanne because her books were still amazing. ^^

However, I would have to disagree with you on the idea that Catching Fire was rushed. I think why you might feel that is because it all happened very fast, but that was exactly the idea. Everything did happen extremely fast, and as well, they didn't all become allies in the end at the last minute. They were allies the whole time, but because it is told for Katniss' point of view, you don't know that until the very end. That was just where she was explaining it, and she did start explaining rather suddenly.

Did I explain that well enough? I'm not too good with words. :'(

Interesting Gaian

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Member 100
I liked the first book and Mockingjay the same. My favorites characters is between Peeta and Finnick! <3. I hated the part when Peeta was hijacked. I can't wait to see the movie!

5,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Loved loved loved the series, as you can most likely tell from my costume. XD Can't wait for the movie to come out--even if it sucks, it will give my friends and I an opportunity to complain some more about casting, so it's really a win win situation.
dandelioncupcake
Loved loved loved the series, as you can most likely tell from my costume. XD

YOU HAVE AN AWESOME COSTUME!!!! XD

5,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Immaterial Existence
dandelioncupcake
Loved loved loved the series, as you can most likely tell from my costume. XD

YOU HAVE AN AWESOME COSTUME!!!! XD

Thank you! biggrin It was super easy tho, just made it from basics from the gaia shops, the hair and the bow were the ones that pushed my budget. sweatdrop But it was worth it!
I loved the Hunger Games Trilogy! All three of the books were awesome. When I was reading them, I couldn't put them down.

Rainbow Wrangler

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
I really liked this series. I read all three books over the scope of last week. While they're not literary masterpieces, I really enjoyed them and I was engaged in the story and characters. It took me a long time to warm up to Peeta and his romance with Katniss, though. I didn't come around to it until she did at the end of Mockingjay.
Omg i loved the hunger games! We were reading it in my reading class and when i first saw it i was like eww, but when i first started reading it i got hooked! My favorite part was all of Peeta and Katniss. My least favorite part was the beginning of the books. They seem like uhh this is a dumb book but its not. Im SO excited about the movie! im going to go see the midnight one smile ) My favorite is Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Malark smile )

6,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Kylochickolo
I don't like how they've done Haymitch in the movies, with shoulder length hair which is pale blonde/white I imagined him as having slicked back neat light brown hair and having an eyepatch.(I know it never mentioned having an eyepatch though razz

emotion_bigheart
Did it say he had an eyepatch? Hmm... I don't remember that!
I love the actor who is portraying him. I think Woody Harrelson will do an awesome job. biggrin

Everyone sees the book differently in their head. YIPPIIIEE FOR IMAGINATION!!! heart
emotion_bigheart

6,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
luffy ichigo naruto
i dont like any of this books but i did read them smile gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright emotion_zzz emotion_8c

emotion_bigheart
Well why not? surprised
emotion_bigheart

6,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Xxgothickittie311xX
I think the Hunger Game novels are beautifully unsettling. It is a thrilling story of raw survival, critical witt, and a riveting romance.But the concept of the books are a little disturbing. What if It was not the virtual domain of someones imagination, but everyones reality??That scares the CRAP outta me smile smile just sayin....

emotion_bigheart
The fact that this could be our future is very scary indeed! Books, movies, and television shows are made (most of the time) to show a world that either could be, should be, or some sort of cautionary tale. I think THG series is a cautionary tale.
emotion_bigheart

6,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
sexy_stag
*inserting two cents*

I was blessed with a dear friend who was fangirling over The Hunger Games series, and while we were at the bookstore (she was about to get Mockingjay) I read the first page and she had to take the book from me to get my attention. <3 After that, I read this series so quickly it was amazing. I don't really read. I'm poor at it, so getting me to start reading was a shock. (She was really surprised at how fast I read them. A week.)

So I am really excited for the movie like I imagine a large group of the fanbase is! I have a feeling it's going to be amazing!

emotion_bigheart
I'm glad you joined in on the fun! Or, at least, the thoughts that are presented in these books.
What were your favorite parts in the novels?
emotion_bigheart

6,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Altessa Belmont
While the writing isn't perfect, I loved the idea behind it. The dystopian society theme sucked me in instantly. Personally, the only characters I truly enjoyed were Katniss and Cinna...with Katniss falling out of favor in the end. Still, the entire idea of the Hunger Games was interesting, and I like how it played out.

Ps: I'm stoked for the movie. I check it's IMDB page daily emo

Pss: I hate Peeta ._.

emotion_bigheart
I understand what you mean about the writing. I'm not sure if Collins wrote this way because it was in Katniss' perspective and Katniss isn't well educated? That was my take on the writing, anyway.

I am too! I check tumblr everyday for info. They get the info right away, it seems!

Daw... I'm sorry. Everyone seems to like him haha
emotion_bigheart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas