harry potter 0.45430809399478 45.4% [ 522 ]
the hunger games 0.4917319408181 49.2% [ 565 ]
twilight 0.053959965187119 5.4% [ 62 ]
Total Votes:[ 1149 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31 32 33 > >>

Nanashi Kage Enjeru
-bedsexual
Nanashi Kage Enjeru
Personally, I enjoyed Hunger Games more, but I know it won't get quite as much hype as Harry Potter. Harry Potter had time to really build momentum, what with seven books and eight movies. Both are great series, Hunger Games just feels tighter and more pulled together, but that makes sense as it is a teen series with three books, while HP is a children's series with seven.

Twilight...really just bugs me. I know it is popular, I know a lot of people like it, but it creeps me the heck out, and I dislike the characters, plot, and execution of the story. The only reason I don't dislike it more is that it at least got a large number of kids to crack a book open.
Harry Potter is not a children's series anymore! It's more more young adults now.
Mmm, according to the libraries where I work, it is classified children's. Towards the end, it might be considered transitional, but it would still be considered a children's series.

Just the first three are more for children, the next four... not so much! People don't consider it a childrens' series anymore and neither do I

Adorable Kitten

16,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Generous 100
When I was reading this I was thinking, "That was unfair, they placed Harry Potter first in the list so everything behind it would look bad." Then I realized that even if Harry Potter was last in the list, it would still make everything ahead of it look bad. Cuz Harry Potter is amazing!!!!!

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
-bedsexual
Nanashi Kage Enjeru
-bedsexual
Nanashi Kage Enjeru
Personally, I enjoyed Hunger Games more, but I know it won't get quite as much hype as Harry Potter. Harry Potter had time to really build momentum, what with seven books and eight movies. Both are great series, Hunger Games just feels tighter and more pulled together, but that makes sense as it is a teen series with three books, while HP is a children's series with seven.

Twilight...really just bugs me. I know it is popular, I know a lot of people like it, but it creeps me the heck out, and I dislike the characters, plot, and execution of the story. The only reason I don't dislike it more is that it at least got a large number of kids to crack a book open.
Harry Potter is not a children's series anymore! It's more more young adults now.
Mmm, according to the libraries where I work, it is classified children's. Towards the end, it might be considered transitional, but it would still be considered a children's series.

Just the first three are more for children, the next four... not so much! People don't consider it a childrens' series anymore and neither do I
...I'm confused. Why are you acting as if being a children's series is a bad thing? I'm not dissing the book, I'm simply stating a classification, and I'm confused as to why you seem so defensive. Harry Potter is marketed, sold, and shelved as a children's series. HP got millions of children to read, and read very long books at that. It was an excellent book for encouraging childhood literacy and love of reading, and it seems like you are acting as if it being a children's series diminishes this in some respect.
-bedsexual
Esperenzah
i'm in shock that the hunger games is beating harry potter

don't get me wrong, collins painted an outstanding picture, but it can hardly compete with the worldwide, 10+ year long phenomenon that spanned age groups and grew up with our/my generation as it introduced the world to online fandoms and connected countless people with the simple act of reading. harry potter is witty, thoughtful, and amusing, to say the least.

twilight is great as a doorstop.

Well, this is The Hunger Games forum lol...

right, lol, this is indisputably true. but really it shouldn't be because automatically the audience is biased.
it should be reposted to the chatterbox or somewhere general where the people voting aren't brought there by their love for only one of the voting possibilities
Definatly The Hunger Games. Harry Potter is okay compared to The Hunger Games, but The Hunger Games still kicks a**. 3nodding
What? Harry Potter is much more original than Hunger Games. Gosh, just look at Batal Royale and really any KIDS GAME in summer camp where you have to pretend to kill each other. I know, they actually kill each other in hunger games, I've read the books and am a fan, but only for the past three years. Harry Potter is life, However. I GREW UP with Harry, literally, and it's all I can see as winning a poll like this, so I believe that you HG and Twitards have a messed up fanbase

Invisible Fatcat

8,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Friendly 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
well, i'm in between hunger games and harry potter...i absolutely dislike twilight because i find it cheesy. Hunger games is awesome and harry potter is extraordinarily magical!! biggrin

Tricky Bunny

7,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
harry potter and the hunger game that is a hard one
(but twilight can go die in a hole)
1 harry potter
2 hunger games
who cares about twilight?

Jelly Bear

15,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Falling For You 25
I vote Harry Potter! heart

I hate Hunger Games and Twilight!~

Shirtless Sex Symbol

10,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Harry potter stupifies the whole family , Hunger games is seen throughout the world by teens and Twilight sparkles for the ladies wink

(i had a hard time with which spell for harry potter but oh well)

Shirtless Sex Symbol

10,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The thing about harry potter is you can watch/read it over again and still love it hunger games just goes blah the second and so forth time on.... and twilight is OK to reread but the movies suck hard

Beloved Lunatic

I attempted to read the Twilight series *Cough-twicrap-cough*, but by the fourth chapter I just couldn't go on. To me, the structure was blotched and had far too many holes that never got resolved. Needless to say, one of the very few books that wont make it into my personal library.

I just recently encountered the Hunger Games trilogy, my younger cousin kept screaming PETA PETA all the time and I just thought she was becoming an Animal rights activist- until she kept saying going on about how 'gorgeous' PETA was. After taking her to watch the movie (The second time for her, first for me) I decided to read through all the books online to understand it more. It did catch my interest, but seemed like a sappy love triangle come the middle-end of the series. With that being said I still found it alright. It might earn a spot in my library.

Then we have dear Mr. Harry Potter. The young man who single handy took me on the adventure of my life: Fighting Trolls, running from giant spiders, riding on dragons, defeating the most evil guy in recent history, who during my childhood I never spoke his true name, simply 'You-Know-Who'. Every time I reread one of the series, it makes the world around me melts away and I can leave all my troubles behind and return to my childhood home where all my friends were and will always be; Hogwarts. The Harry Potter series is the winner in my eyes. While there are many other amazing works of literature, this one will always have the honor of being the focal point of my library.

Devoted Hunter

The Hunger Games.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas