Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yeah, we can do it all this weekend, and I can just be dropped up at trades days or something. Oh, it'll take a good hour or so, Elise. smile
I need to babysit friday for money on saturday though! So...yeah...It might have to be changed.
((alrighty...well we fer real need to find out what we're doin'.))

ŞУdήεУ ŁέČlέΰrέ
I know the secrets that you keep,
I know where you sleep...

User ImageUser Image

((OKAY LADIES, GET YOUR AIMLESS CHATTER OUT OF HERE.))

Sydney blinked slowly as Nelson walked towards her, her expression blank. Inside her mind, both parts of her were fighting. The old Sydney wanted nothing more than to just jump into his arms and never let him go. The new Sydney was on red alert, all her senses tingling as the Light Angel stroked her cheek. He reeked, and she could taste the bile rising in her throat. His very touch sent a shockwave of pain down her spine. She was designed to hate, kill, and tear apart anything that resembled happiness or contentment. And yet, everything she ever wanted or needed was standing in front of her, and she wanted to run away. Pressing her lips together to keep the scent off of her tongue, she nodded curtly, trying to explain with her eyes. In one hand, love was gushing from every pore, and on the other, she was trying to remember if she had a weapon on her.

Suddenly, something snapped inside of her, and a giant wave of unconsiousness passed over her mind. Her body stood silently for a few single moments, and then she slowly whirred back to life. Returning to her safe thoughts, she gasped out loud. The instinct to kill had vanished, and all that was left was love.

Something Sydney hadn't felt for many a year.

With a exclamation of joy, she threw herself at Nelson, tears pouring from her eyes. It all felt so strange. Ever since she became a Dark Angel, she wasn't allowed to express any emotions that weren't approved by the Headmaster of the academy she reported to. For those first few months she was in training, every time she cried out for Nelson, or even smiled at something that didn't cause another pain, she was lashed. Resulting, she had scars covering the majority of her arms and back. Now, they were just an awful reminder of how to shroud every particle of memory before she arrived at the school into a dark corner of her mind that was never to be touched.

She was pretty sure Aaron was going to lynch her, but she didn't care.

For a brief moment, Sydney couldn't even breathe, she was sobbing so hard. Incoherent words spilled from between her lips, and even she didn't realize she was speaking, until a sinister voice in the back of her mind told her that Nelson was an enemy, and she was to kill him. Immediately. Of course, he mind couldn't even comprehend the thought at the moment, but she pulled away involuntary by some unknown force that apparently enjoyed seeing her suffer. Sydney's black eyes bored into Nelsons, and she saw her reflection in them, and she was appalled. She was so different from when they had last seen each other. Her hair was chopped off into a short, pixie cut that had uneven ends from when she sheared all of her long blonde locks off years ago for they brought back to many memories. Her once amber colored pupils had been surgically enhanced, and they now resembled onyx gems, dark and soulless, yet shiny. Upside down triangles were tattooed onto her cheeks, the insignia for the Dark Angel species. Everyone had them somewhere on there upper body.

All of this had made her extremely attractive in the world of darkness, and now in the presense of Nelson, she wanted to change it all back, for she felt embarrassed and ashamed of all that she had done to herself. He wouldn't love her anymore, for she was barely the same person that she once had been. At the thought of him walking away from her, she burst into tears. Again.

This day was turning out to be a bit different than she expected.
Nelson Price
User Image
The infinitesimal strand of hope shredded itself as Sydney merely stared back at him, her lips pursed, obviously repulsed. A sob rose up in his throat, but he shut down his body, gazing back at the woman he had loved so much, still loved too much for words to express. Nelson had searched and searched and finally found her, only to discover that she no longer cared for him. She felt nothing towards him but centuries of hate; she would give into the Dark Angel instinct to shred, strike terror, kill.

And he would let her. His only reason to keep moving forwards was now gone. Death would be bliss, swallowing up the pain in it's depth. As she opened her eyes, those black, uncaring things, he prepared himself for the final blow, the sweet release of harbored anguish...

With a cry, she threw herself at him, knocking them both to the floor ; however, instead of ripping his throat open, she sobbed on his chest, spouting incoherent words between breaths. He lay frozen in surprise before his mind finally understood; she loved him still. Overwhelming joy flooded through him, shooing out all his previous misery, sewing his crippled heart together again. Wrapping his arms around her, Nelson hid his face in her hair, his breathing hitched and tears flowing. When Sydney pulled away, he wiped his face with the back of his hand. He couldn't see her if his vision was blurred.

She had changed; her beautiful hair, once so long and gleaming, was now chopped short, the ends ragged. The Dark Angels crest was tattooed on her cheek. Nelson, too, had a symbol signifying what he was, though it wasn't visible; a twisted strand of Light spiraled down his spine. Her amber eyes had been improved and changed to the typical Dark Angel eye color; startling black with enlarged pupils, amplifying eyesight. They caught nearly everything while creating terror.

None of those changes mattered, though. She was his Sydney; he'd love her forever.

"Shh, darling," Nelson murmured as her tears spilled over again. He pulled her back against his chest, rocking her back and forth.

ŞУdήεУ ŁέČlέΰrέ
I know the secrets that you keep,
I know where you sleep...

User ImageUser Image

Sydney gratefully let Nelson pull her against his chest, small whimpers escaping her throat; however, they were not the result of Nelson's return, they were at the thought of her impending doom. This reunion would not last long, for some extremely viscious and heartless Dark Angel was probably picking up her signal, and once they found out what she was doing, Sydney would be dead faster than she could protest. The thought made her want to throw something, because it just wasn't fair. She finally got the only thing that mattered back into her life, and now it was just going to be ripped away like a toy from a misbehaving child. But of course, is that what she deserved? In fact, Sydney had done just that to many people in the past centuries, why should she deserve a break? She shouldn't. The prospect whirled around in her brain, and she wanted to cry somemore, because she knew she deserved what she was going to get, and yet, at the same time she didn't. She hadn't chosen this life, hadn't willingly enlisted to be a Dark Angel, or even an Angel at all. Sydney wondered what her life would have been like if she and Nelson had just run a little bit faster that night. Would they be living happily together in perfect bliss? Or would the menacing people have found her anyway, just given her a few more days or months of peace and happiness, just to be ripped away?

Of course, if Aaron didn't barge in here and tear her throat out first.

Sitting up a bit, Sydney gazed into Nelson's face. It was just the same as when she had last seen him, plus a few creases in his forehead where stress and pain had carved their mark on his features. Taking a deep breath, she opened her mouth to speak, "They're probably coming for me." Her voice was broken and weak, lost of all the authority and power it had held earlier. Dear Goddess, even her voice had been changed, she realized. What was once a sweet melody of words and sounds was now a deeper and crueler version that dripped with ice.

Her shoulders sagged, and she tried to keep the tears from coming again, but failed. This time; however, they were silent and crystal-like, flowing softly down her alabaster pale cheeks.
User Image
Ƞεℓsση Prɩcε
Everything you could ever have has a price;
Your soul belongs to me.

Nelson closed his eyes, relishing the moment he had holding her. He inhaled deeply; her musky scent was still the same as it was so long ago. Overwhelming joy built up deep in his chest, the kind where he just wanted to laugh until he exploded. Sydney pulled away again, staring at him solemnly. At her words he felt his face harden. "We'll hide. I don't care what it takes, I'm not letting them take you from me again," His voice broke on the last word.

Nelson placed a gentle finger under her chin, raising her face. "I...Maybe we could hide with some friends of mine. They'll help us," He said tentatively. If he told the Light Angels Sydney was there with him, they'd accept her, maybe a little distrustingly at first. The question was, would she be willing to be around that many Light Angels?

Tarpoljin's Bae

Friendly Shapeshifter

((Ok I'm gonna try to post today. Already thinking it up in my head. I just got sick around Tuesday and missed two days of school-couldn't get on those days- and I'm working on catching up on what I missed. Soooo since it's Friday, I'll try to post. And this weekend. Yep.))
((yes!!! all hail biff! me and carly have been waiting all week.))

Tarpoljin's Bae

Friendly Shapeshifter

((Lol sorry, school's still nipping at my heels. Didn't want you guys to think I abandoned it. xD ))

Tarpoljin's Bae

Friendly Shapeshifter

Tarpoljin's Bae

Friendly Shapeshifter

Aniela Divorare+Kane...eventually.XXX

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

...Don't let your mind wander...
══════════════
...It's too small to be let out on its own...

Oh, that bloody jerk. He was toying with her, playing with her emotions because he knew he was jabbing at her nerves. The way he spoke, the manner in which he walked, or rather waltzed, away from her and into the woods, coaxing her to him and what he probably hoped to be her death. But she wasn't going down that easily, and she was sure he knew it too. He would keep up his little game, down to her last breath. Only, she wouldn't be the dying one today, at least that's what she was confident in. Truthfully, Aaron was a very formidable opponent, one to be noticed and not shrugged off as another assignment. Even with that faulty eye of his. He was a well known killer in her world, sometimes even hearing about his latest kill would send shivers down her spine, particularly the murders brought forth onto Light Angels. With the D.A.'s having a natural hate for the L.A.'s programmed into them, it was pointless to question the reason he got so creative with their deaths.

"Ooh, wonderful. I don't really care where I kill you, though," She gritted her teeth as his last statement repeated itself in her head. Then he vanished into the shadows of the woods, flashing an almost unseen taunting smile over his shoulder. The only reason she caught it was because it nearly reached his eyes, the way that jacket of his covered half his face. She took in a deep breath, sighing and staring into the dark trees. She wished for it to be morning, not the late hours of the night, or perhaps the dark hours of early morning. The darkness was only a disadvantage to her, and an advantage to her enemy.

In all honesty, this hunting thing was beginning to bother her. Killing just wasn't her way of doing things, and though she hadn't killed much at all yet, she'd done enough fighting to scare possible threats away. All because she was loyal. And loyal she was, but there was a line to be drawn at where her loyalty ended. Lately, Charles had become more cautious, maybe even more nervous. He was sending her on tracking and hunting jobs left and right, and it was beginning to make her question his motives. Was there an even bigger threat then Aaron and Sydney that he was worried about? If so, couldn't he have told her so she wouldn't be questioning this at such a time? Maybe the D.A.'s were just acting up more than usual lately. But there had to be a reason. Whatever it was, the question that kept popping up into her mind was why Charles had become so jittery.

And then there was Nelson. True, after they were separated as partners, she didn't hear from him or even see him for a while, minus the occasional spotting in the hall, but after seeing him one last time in some meeting, that was it. Then came the gossip amongst the L.A.'s that he'd just up and left, disappeared, quit. Ani would always narrow her eyes and deny this every time she heard it. Quit? Nelson? How would he quit? Or better yet, why? She denied it and denied, but weeks passed and there was no sign of him, from her point of view or anyone else's. When she questioned Charles about it, she never got a straight answer, just an undirected glare at nothing and a mumble, then a dismissal. Perhaps that was where the suspicion began.

There was something she didn't know, something she still doesn't know.

Aniela blinked, glancing around to make sure Aaron hadn't gotten bored and decided to come for her and get it over with. No one. No sign of life. Again the night wrapped around her and she felt her muscles tense. She glanced back to the mansion. Where was Nelson now? Surely he wouldn't want to fight within the mansion and risk screwing up the inside, especially if he knew these people. She glanced back to the woods.

"Bloody hell..." She muttered under her breath, fading out of her spot in a small beam of white-golden light. Aaron would have to wait, she wanted to check on her old partner. She appeared again in the room she'd first run into him and the D.A.'s. She was not prepared for what she saw. Sydney and Nelson nearly embracing one another, on the ground, and--were those tears running down Sydney's face? For a moment she simply stared at the two. Then, her eyes cut to Nelson.

"So that's what it is. Why didn't you just tell me you were in love with her! It would've made this a whoooole lot easier."
She said, crossing her arms over her chest. She wasn't angry with him, in fact she was more relieved than anything. Then her strangely darker eyes trailed to Sydney. "Charles is not going to be happy about this...Is she an ally, Nelson? If she is, and you're sure you can trust her, you need to try and get her back to the L.A.'s. The D.A.'s won't be as accepting is what I'm guessing." She paused a moment, her eyes softening. "Glad to see ya again, Nelson. Anywho, I gotta go handle Aaraon."

((Gah, I gotta think of something for Kane. Um. Is it nighttime? O well, now it is! xD Uh...I kinda rambled in there...I think...Anywho....))
((KANE?! WHAT ABOUT CONNOR? and the master plan? I need this reply to live))

Tarpoljin's Bae

Friendly Shapeshifter

((Yea him too. And I'm getting that master plan in check still!))
((I trust you to do this, Biff...))

Tarpoljin's Bae

Friendly Shapeshifter

((Ohhhh boy. Where're the other two crazies?))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff