Welcome to Gaia! ::

OH MY GOD THATS AMAZING!!
Farren Blake...Professional...Waffle Maker..?

User Image
Farren was sound asleep, his arms curled around a pillow that Elise had wedged there in place of herself when she had woken up. She often did this, and he barely paid any mind to it anymore. He hadn't exactly been sure why, at first. But then she explained the haunting dreams that had been stalking her for weeks, and he understood. He was dreaming about waffles or something equal to that level of pointlessness when Elise screamed. His eyes snapped open, and he jumped up so fast he tripped and fell on the floor. Scrambling to his feet, he rushed out the door and downstairs, not very awake yet.

"Wha-What's going onn?" he slurred, looking around for Elise. But she wasn't there. His brown eyebrows pulled tightly together, and he spotted on of Elise's slippers aimlessly thrown by the door. He was just about to race after her, when the television made the strangest noise...It almost...fizzed. Like a soda that had too much carbonation in it. Blinking twice, he turned to the contraption, and a picture flickered onto the screen, out of focus. The time and date in the corner were the same as the present, minus two minutes. Kane was walking out of the mansion, holding that shiny necklace that Luke had dropped off about an hour ago. Moving closer to the TV, Farren squinted, as if concentrating harder would make everything make more sense. Kane was holding the necklace in different directions, as if asking it where to go. He would shake his head, and then point it somewhere else. After a few minutes of wandering around, he came upon the pond where Elise sometimes went to think. The next images to follow made his gasp and reel back away from the TV, his expression horrified.

Unlike Elise and Bella, Farren saw Kane stroll easily to the middle of the clearing and sit down in the compacted dirt. He was stroking the face of the necklace, when it seemed to glow around the edges. Kane blinked a few times, leaning forward and setting the large gem a few feet away from him. Everything was still for a moment or two.

Until someone attacked him.

A tall man wearing a dark hooded jacket shot out from the trees, holding a long, double edged sword. Farren's face contorted into one of confusion and rage, yet, unable to move from the spot. Kane turned and stared up at the man, his eyes glazed over as if trapped in a trance. He did nothing to defend himself as the unknown attacker slashed his face up with the sword. The screen went out of focus momentarily, and when it came back, Kane was missing a hand, and quite a few random chunks out of his body. Finally, he stood up and backed away from the man, his eyes flashing the strangest of colors that Farren had no name for. He crouched into a defensive stance.

But now missing a bunch of his flesh, he just couldn't defend himself from this guy. After a few feeble attempts to get away, the guy apparently had had enough, and stuck the sword through Kane's chest. Smirking, he threw the Kane-kabob onto the ground and slipped out of the clearing. Suddenly, the entire picture went gray, some kind of explosion going on. When the fog cleared, Bella was laying on the ground, her eyes empty, Elise kneeling beside her, furiously demanding to know where Kane was.

Because he was no longer there.

Farren shot out the door, wearing only shorts, and rushed to the clearing. Sure enough, there was Elise and Bella. Well...at least he thought it was Bella. The small fraigile body was just laying there, it's darkened eyes unmoving and unblinking. Farren took a few steps closer to them, and he opened him mouth to say something, but the air was so dry and hot...he couldn't even speak. Clearing his throat, he finally managed to rasp, "What is going on!?"

(Meh. I dont like Farren.)
Isabella Heartford...It's Bella.
User Image
Bella's mind was blank. She couldn't think, she couldn't speak, she couldn't move. When Elise arrived, kneeling down beside her and asking her where he was, she said nothing, not even acting as if she knew Elise was there. Then suddenly Farren arrived, demanding to know what was going on. Finally, she moved, rolling over so that her face was in the dirt, closing her eyes. Elise kept pestering her about where he had gone, but Bella ignored her sister, stuck inside a daze. She just wanted to dig a hole into the dirt, crawl inside, and die. But Elise wasn't letting her, her voice rising an octave each time she repeated her sentence.

Moving slowly, Bella turned his head to the side, her face now covered in dirt. Blinking, a blank, lifeless look in her eyes, she spoke one single word, "No." It didn't answer Elise's question, but it was all Bella could muster up at the moment.

(UGH. >.< Writers block.)
Nelson Price

User Image
Nelson Price stood in front of the mahogany desk, before the Protector of the People (or in other words, the boss). His glare was met by a triumphant smirk. "You're honestly wondering why our troops are leaving? It's not hard to see why with the way you treat us, Charles." He bit his tongue, trying to keep from further insulting his leader, no matter how much he despised him. The hawk-like man leaned forwards, his grey eyes hardening to steel. "Nelson, I think it's time for you to take a vacation. Perhaps when you come back, we'll see eye to eye on these matters." Charles said, waving a dismissing hand towards the door.

Nelson's eye twitched. "Charles I highly doubt that we'll ever agree on something so sickening as these decisions you've been making. So either fix this crumbling system or you are going to lose everyone, even the most loyal to the protecting. We will leave and form our own, and after the Black Hearts are through with you, your carcass will be left for the vultures." He spat, furious. Charles raised a thin eyebrow, his white lips pursed. "Very nice speech. Now leave before I call the guards on you and have you beheaded for treason." Enraged, Nelson gave a mocking bow before striding away, eager to leave the bleak room. Not that they would actually follow your orders. They're in my crowd. He walked through the florescent-lighted halls, teasing the maids, joking with the guys, and spreading the news of his temporary departure. "I'll be back. I wouldn't leave you here,"

Three hours later, he climbed out of the cramped, stained cab in the tiny little village that lay on the outskirts of the forest that in it's depths held the mansion and it's inhabitants. Nelson ran a hand through his messy hair before sprinting away into the dark undergrowth. As he neared the house, voices came from within the trees. Correcting his course he emerged by the pond's edge where Bella lay crumpled on the ground with Elise questioning her and Farren pacing. "Elise? What's going on?"
Farren Blake...Professional...Waffle Maker..?

User Image
Farren was walking back and forth, his feet smacking quietly on the hard dirt. He was glacing at the sisters every few seconds. His neck was starting to hurt from turning so much, and he worried about whiplash for a short moment. Shaking the offtrack thoughts away, he was about to start over towards Elise and Bella, when another voice entered the clearing. Nelson.

It took Farren a few seconds to register that he was actually standing there. Elise hadn't heard from him in months. And now, suddenly, when Kane's just disapeered, here he is? It seemed a bit fishy, and Nelson was always one for violence. That little 'Angel' association he was part of was quite crooked, full of scams. But Nelson had proven himself unlike them in the past, so Farren pushed aside his rising accusations for now.

"Nelson?" Farren questioned, "What are you doing here?" He didn't give him any time to answer before starting up again, "Um...Kane seems to have been...killed-" At his words, a violent, animal-like noise ripped its way from Bella's chest and out her parted lips. Farren worridly glanced towards her, but Elise was already talking to her again. He continued, "And Bella's having a bit of a fit..." A sharp wind blew through at that moment, making Farren aware of his attire. Boxers. He'd go back and change later, once they figured all this out.

But...could they figure it out?

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.

User ImageThe uneasy feeling of fear grew with each question the Bella ignored until Elise couldn't do anything but mindlessly ask, again and again, what had happened to her brother-in-law. A lump in her throat made it nearly impossible to talk, but she kept asking, her eyes trained on her sister's limp form. "Bella, please! Just answer me!" Farren paced worriedly behind her, glancing worriedly at the two of them.

Then, the last person she would have expected to appear (and at Kane's disappearance/death) walked towards them; Nelson. Too dazed and anguished to bother with answering, she let Farren take care of the situation. He ignored me for months, anyway... Clenching her jaw angrily, Elise lifted her sister in her arms and stumbled towards the mansion. Upon reaching it, she placed her sister on the couch, not wanting her in the bed where Kane used to sleep. Elise smoothed her hair back from her face and kissed her temple before returning to the two men. Sighing sadly, she crossed her arms. "Why are you here, Nelson?"
Яїłεγ εłїżαвετн

User Image
Riley awoke with a start to Elise's yelling, and ran downstairs so that she wouldn't even begin to think about the empty feeling inside her. She didn't think that connor would ever be back, and she tried as hard as she could to not be reminded of him in any way. So she turned to alcohol, and television. First she cuddled up with a bottle of expensive Malibu Rum, and laid on the couch to watch Tv. However, what she saw, wasn't the relaxing classical music that she was loking for. It was just darkness, but it was the darkness of the outdoors, obviously caught on home video. Walking forward, she stared into the TV, waiting for something to happen. STarting from the center of the screen, a pitch black darkness spread. It was several shades darker than a normal night at the mansion now, and it was disturbed by a light stretching over the yard from the opening of the door. Kane walked out, straight into the blob of darkness as if he couldn't see it, and slowly pulled what looked like a piece of jewelry out of his back pocket. Ho-Lee. Crap. He muttered with a soft, deep voice, "It's time...." And with that simple choice of words, the locket was at a faint glow, and he walked into the darkness and just disappeared. Just freaking disappeared.

The movie was over, and Riley stared blankly at the dead static that now filled the TV. Shivering, she headed outside where she heard everyone else and just stood silently there, avoiding Bella who was obviously in a state of shock, and Riley didnt want to be in the middle of it.She stuck her hand out to the stranger and awkwardly muttered, "I'm Riley."
Nelson Price

User Image
Nelson gaped at Farren, not quite believing it. But what else could cause Bella such a state of despair?"I would've felt it though!" Shaking his head, he turned to Elise, about to start interrogating her when he noticed how...off she looked. He studied her for a moment, tasting the air and trying to pick up her emotion. Once again, Nelson was confused beyond compare. Why is she angry with me?

Elise lifted her sister in her arms and walked unsteadily into the mansion. As she went in, another smaller woman came out, stopping in front of Nelson. She stood there for a brief, awkward second before sticking her hand out and introducing herself as Riley. She smelled of liquor. "Hello, Riley. I'm Nelson." As they shook hands, her grief poured through her fingertips and into Nelson's. This isn't a safe house any more; it's a storage place for grief. Then Elise reappeared and the thought left his mind. "What do you mean, why am I here? Is it so wrong for me to come visit you? I'm sorry I came at a bad time but if you all want to just mope around then go ahead." Nelson wasn't exactly angry; he was just taken aback. I've given a lot of speeches tonight. I don't need to be on edge here, just calm down.
Яїłεγ εłїżαвετн

User Image
Riley shook her head furiously, just to get more focused on what was happening rather than thinking about the past. She muttered in a low, not-caring tone, "Cool." The video about Kane played over and over again in her mind, and she realized more and more little details every time it did, like the fact that it was near the pond... And Kane sighed right before he disappeared, like he was, relieved? Riley looked around frantically, needing to tell someone about what she continued seeing. Maybe Farren could help her, or maybe he'd be too busy comforting Elise, either way, she had to figure something out. "Later," She sighed, not talking to Nelson, and sounding completely insane for talking to herself. TElling someone right now would shatter Bella even more than she already was, but some time they needed to sit down and figure this all out. She stared at Nelson for a while until Lauren shot out of the mansion like a cannon, running for the forest. It was just like Lauren to take the news this bad. At least she had Liam to comfort her. If Riley hadn't found Connor already, she'd be going after Liam, since they were fairly close in age, looks-wise at least. Attempting to avoid the loud, piercing screams coming from the woods, Riley headed inside, ready to go to bed, but for some reason that she could quite put her finger on, she stopped and swung on the old, squeaky porch swing. She closed her eyes and rested her head back in full contentment as she let the vague memories of her childhood flood her mind. she kicked her legs, continuing to push the swing onward, not planning on stopping unless someone did it for her or she fell asleep.

Now, she was in peace.

Lauren Renee Heartford...Expert in...Whining?...
User Image
Lauren hadn't been all to excited when her mother ordered her and Alec to go to bed; however, when her head hit the pillow, earbuds playing soft classical music in her ears, she was grateful for sleep to come. Until the dream came. The blank picture of innocence in her head slowly molded into one of horror, and she awoke startled, sitting up in her bed with a cold sweat trickling down her back. But even though she was no longer caught in the world of dream, the images didn't go away. Her father, exiting the mansion by way of the front door. There was a buldge protruding from his back pocket, and she wanted to call out to him to stop, that something bad was happening. Sadly, she could not. He continued in his steady walk, the necklace that Luke had dropped off earlier hanging from his neck. At a slow pace, he wove his way through the dense thicket of forest, his eyes blank. He came upon Aunt Elise's clearing, looking once to the right, and then mimicking the motion to the left. As if he was crossing a street.

Kane shrugged lightly, and took a few steps forward before taking off the necklace, laying it softly onto the ground, and pulling the buldge from his pocket. A...gun? It had an inscription on the side, Isaac Cromwell... Lauren's face contorted into confusion. Her mother's grandfather's gun? Wha-what was her dad doing with it?

What shocked Lauren the most was the round of giggles that escaped from Kane's lips as he held the gun with sure and steady hands up to his left temple. Still bursting with laughter, his pointer finger contracted once, pulling the trigger. A scream bubbled to Lauren's lips, making the glass of water beside her bed shatter. (COOL!) Kane went limp and fell to the ground in a heap. A stout cloaked man rushed into the clearing and collected Kane's body, dashing off in a hurry with it. The scream ceased, and Lauren was freed of the trance.

Leaping from the bed, she tripped to the door, about to dash away to the forest when she spotted her mom laying crumpled on the couch. Turning on her heel, she went and knelt beside the chair. "M-mom? Mom where's Dad?" Bella didn't answer, just continued to stare blankly at nothing. Lauren's voice went up an octave, frightened, "Mom! Mom tell me where he went! Mom!" Unknown tears were streaming frantically down Lauren's pale cheeks, making them shine in the dimly lit room. Her bottom lip shaking on the verge of insanity, Lauren whimpered softly, "Mommy?" Finally, a response. Bella furrowed her eyebrows, like she was confused, and softly said in a voice that could not be matched with a tone, "No."

Lauren broke, knowing what had happened. She'd lost her mother for nine years, then had both of her parents. Now...her father was...dead? It wasn't fair. Were teenagers only allowed a certain amount of content happiness in their lives? And once they reached that point, something valuble to them was snatched away?

A strange sound of realization tore its way from Lauren's chest up to her lips, and taking a shaky breath, she let out a scream, "ELISE!"
Alec Lee Heartford...Future...Fortune teller?

User Image
Alec wasn't asleep. He was perched on the sill of his open window, the nightwind blowing his hair softly. He had no idea of the vision about to attack his mind with a force like none other. He was almost ready to get up and shut the windows, get a bit of sleep. But that's when the picture's came. It was out of focus, and fast. Every picture from all his family member's way of seeing his father's death. They snapped by, not even setting for a full second before spinning away and being replaced by another. He saw explosion, disapeerance, assasination, suicide. A low moan of pain shook free of Alec's throat as he collasped on the floor, his eyes rolling into the back of his head. It was the most excrutiating pain he'd ever experianced, even more so than being tortured by Damien.

He was completely unaware of the tears streaming down his face until the vision stopped, and he dizzily stood up, only to fall again. Reality hit him hard like brick, knocking the very breath from his chest. His father was dead. He rushed down the stairs blinded by the tears clogging up in their ducts. Alec could barely make out his mother and sister on the couch, his sister screaming like a banshee for their aunt. Alec didn't know what to do. The tears evaportated from his face, and he walked over to the wingback chair across from the couch. He wasn't exactly...sad, in the sense of the word. He was more..in shock. He couldn't grasp the fact that their little, but complete family had just been violently broken...

((Haha,sorry. Alec isn't interesting enough to write alot.))

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.

User ImageElise's brilliant blue eyes narrowed. "So you're saying after five months of ignoring every letter I've sent you, every call, that you just decided to come and visit us? Do you even know what we've gone through the past few months? I can't sleep because every time I try, I have visions that show how my family and I are going to die, and Alec can see him hanging around our house, and now that Kane is dead, you show up! So don't you dare accuse us of moping, Nelson." She finished with her hands clenched into fists, breathing hard. The look on his face was satisfying, but she hid her smug smile.

Elise jerked around at the sound of her name. Lauren... Running back in the mansion, she saw her niece kneeling beside her mother. Grief and pity once again welled up, drowning out her anger. "Come here, sweetie." She wrapped her arms around Lauren, trying to supply the comfort that her mother was incapable to give.
User Image
Lauren was silent as her aunt came and took her into her arms. She was unsure of what was happening around her, but she didn't like it. Suddenly, she was furious, "NO! She yelled, twisting her way out of Elise's arms and stepping away from the sisters, "He's isn't dead! He cant be! You're wrong! You're all wrong!!" She stamped her foot hard on the floor, tears welling up in her eyes, on the verge of hyperventalation. Shaking her head, she looked around, searching for nothing. Finally, she glared at her aunt, and turned for the door.

Once outside, she started running, the wind burning her eyes. She didn't know where she was going. And she didn't know if she was coming back...The image of her father shooting himself in the head played over and over on a loop inside her mind. She gritted her teeth as she shot through the night, trying to focus on something else.

I walk a lonely road, the only one I have ever known.

User Image Liam wasn't dreaming; no, he was just reliving the past. "Mommy, where are they taking daddy?" Six-year old Liam asked, tugging on his mother's skirt, but she wouldn't answer. "Mommy!" He screamed, trying to get her attention. Finally she looked down, but her loving brown eyes were cold. Her hand flashed, leaving a stinging imprint upon his face. Then she walked back inside, leaving him to cry. Liam knew what happened next. His mother would come back out, put him in the car, drop him off in the center of the city, and drive away, never to come back. But that didn't happen...A man with silvery hair appeared before the little crying boy. He held out a hand, and the boy took it. They walked until the buildings sank away and trees shot up around them, and suddenly Liam wasn't the little boy anymore. "Kane what are we doing?" But Bella's husband didn't answer; he just kept walking. He held a necklace in his hand with a pulsing light, like some creature was trapped inside.

Suddenly Elise's pond materialized. Liam stopped at when the brim, but Kane waded into the stagnant water. He walked until the water swirled around his mouth and nose, and then he was gone. "Kane!" Liam ran farther, but the pond was only a puddle now, Kane and the necklace nowhere to be seen.

Liam shot up, breathing hard. He could hear Elise downstairs, murmuring comforting words, and then Lauren's voice, loud and angry. Frowning, Liam walked downstairs in time to see her run out the door. "I'll go." As he followed after Lauren, he went over what he'd heard. But it was just a dream. How was it true? "Lauren! Stop!"
User Image
Lauren shot through the dark, the tears blowing away before they could stream down her face. Suddenly, a voice that was not hers broke through the night, "Lauren! Stop!" Liam... she thought, knowing Elise had probably sent him to run after her. But she wasn't stopping for anything, or anyone, "No!" She screamed, her voice thick with tears, "I hate you! I hate all of you!" She squeezed her eyes shut, blindly darting through the trees by luck. Then her luck ran out. She was coming up on a large oak tree covered in moss. A loud smack rang out, and she hit the ground hard, a large gash protruding sticky blood. One hand flew to her forehead in alarm, then dropped to the ground, uncaring. She lay there, staring at the sky, barely visible through the canopy of trees.

Sighing, she waited for Liam to come to her, knowing she probably couldn't have outrun him anyhow. Her head spun, a metallic taste forming in her mouth. How deep is the stupid cut? she thought, but was too sad to care if it hurt her. Her father was dead...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff