Welcome to Gaia! ::

* This is the under dress of Queen Susan from the Prince Caspian Narnia movie, but the dress is so pretty I can wear it by itself.

* I made the entire thing from scratch! I bought the dupioni silk in the LA fashion district and started with a commercial pattern, but I ended up changing the pattern quite a lot to get it to fit me and look right. The bodice is boned and lined, and there are 24 hand-bound eyelets in the back!

* I also made the crown from Hobby Lobby fake flowers woven and glued into a crown then spray painted in metallic gold floral paint. The boots were $5 at a thrift store and the broach was about $15 at a costume jewelry shop.

User Image

Romantic Seeker

5,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
wow looks great!

I hope to see the rest of it! I've been contemplateing this dress myself, but my list of Chirstmas gifts are kind of in the way at the moment razz
Madding
* This is the under dress of Queen Susan from the Prince Caspian Narnia movie, but the dress is so pretty I can wear it by itself.

* I made the entire thing from scratch! I bought the dupioni silk in the LA fashion district and started with a commercial pattern, but I ended up changing the pattern quite a lot to get it to fit me and look right. The bodice is boned and lined, and there are 24 hand-bound eyelets in the back!

* I also made the crown from Hobby Lobby fake flowers woven and glued into a crown then spray painted in metallic gold floral paint. The boots were $5 at a thrift store and the broach was about $15 at a costume jewelry shop.

User Image
OOH! Pretty! ^__^
Well i am a costume/clothing designer. I do a lot of freelance work and commissions. So here is some of it

User Image Chobits inspired
User Image Iroha from Samurai Spirits
User Image Black Baiken Alt

User Image This was also chobits inspired. Vinyl the lot of it. Corset, paneled skirt, and the trench are all lined in satin. also these two costumes are not sewn at the major seams instead I grommeted every major seam and eith ribboned or leather thong "stitched" them together. All told over 800 grommets. (pardon the fuzzy I later re ribboned the skirt and corset and the amount of grommeting is much more evident.

And those are just a few. I designed and created them all, including the undergarment that makes me defy gravity and hides so well.
Okay, here we go...I've been working on a few different things lately:

Medieval Surcoate:

User Image

User Image

Blue Cotton/Rayon blend (yeah, I cheated) fabric, metallic trim.

Corset:

User Image

Red brocade with black floral design, black bias tape edging, braided cotton lacing and silver grommets in back.

Men's Clubwear - Industrial inspired duster, pants and apron/skirt:

User Image

User Image

User Image

Sparkly Conventioneer

12,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
I'll just post a couple of my cosplay costumes... or specifically my favourites whee

User Image
User Image

Dapper Gaian

8,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Just a general question for you all:
What fabrics do you like to use when making a costume/cosplay outfit?
I'm thinking of doing Link for Halloween.
Any ideas?

Sparkly Conventioneer

12,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
Nekolover_8
Just a general question for you all:
What fabrics do you like to use when making a costume/cosplay outfit?
I'm thinking of doing Link for Halloween.
Any ideas?

fabric depends on the costume. For a halloween link you could usse broadcloth for inecxpensiveness ... but overall I would sugguest something that is cotton or a cotton poly blend in the texture you want. I like to walk around fabric stores with a reference picture and find a fabric that is a) the right colour and b) the right texture and then decide from what I find.

Dapper Gaian

8,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Thankies.
My aunt has told me that she will parade me at a convention if I do well.
So I'm hoping to wear it more than on Halloween.
if you want really nice I would say wool or a linen something kinda thick and home/rough styled.

For my cosplay twill cottons, fine wools, and velvets (occasionally a good pleather). Always look for quality it will always show in the beauty of the finished product.

Dapper Gaian

8,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Thank you for the fabric input. <3
I did find the perfect green for Link, color and texture.
The hard part will be to find brown pleather.
Joanne's is out of it here, and I think one WalMart didn't have it when I looked.
Any ideas as to where I could find some?

Sparkly Conventioneer

12,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
Nekolover_8
Thank you for the fabric input. <3
I did find the perfect green for Link, color and texture.
The hard part will be to find brown pleather.
Joanne's is out of it here, and I think one WalMart didn't have it when I looked.
Any ideas as to where I could find some?

Online? It can be overly costly to order though. If you talk to Joannes they can call other stores and find some for you, and of course they might be able to order some in too

Dapper Gaian

8,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Good idea!
I'll have to mention that to my aunt.
She wants me to do as best as I can.

I made the tunic, hat, and chainmail (gold shiny fabric) this weekend.
It's turning out so much better than I thought.
I'm totally excited. ^^
this is the only way to show how you feel. art is something from the heart in a very cool way. art is very cool in many ways.
A rennasance outfit i made.
User Image
User Image

A gothic corset and skirt. The wings i bought
User Image

King Arther from Monty Phython and holey grail
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
My boyfriend, pictured with Mc Frontalot at PAX08
User Image

Visas marr from Knights of the Old Republic 2 the video game
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces