Welcome to Gaia! ::

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Within the last few months or so, I've been seeing an outbreak of spam posts in that forum with suspicious-looking links. I don't know if the forum assistants for Gaming Discussion have become inactive lately, or what, but this needs to change. I want to talk about video games, not click several pages in to find a non-spam thread.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

Better is not the right word so much as more is. FA's aren't assigned to just ONE forum, they have multiple. Now, this doesn't mean that a forum being neglected is okay, the spam does need to be taken care of, and also in a timely fashion. Just makes sure you keep reporting and hopefully it'll be taken care of.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
Better is not the right word so much as more is. FA's aren't assigned to just ONE forum, they have multiple. Now, this doesn't mean that a forum being neglected is okay, the spam does need to be taken care of, and also in a timely fashion. Just makes sure you keep reporting and hopefully it'll be taken care of.

Okay, more, then.
I agree that a forum being neglected is wrong, especially one that gets as much traffic as Gaming Discussion does (it's on the main forum page, for Pete's sake). While I have been reporting a few of them, I can't spend all day hunting down all of the spam topics and reporting them. Then I'd be a forum assistant. lol

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
If it's the spam that we've been seeing them it's out of the FAs jurisdiction because those are TOS violations.

Mods deal with the TOS violations.

Edit: the mods require all Gaia users to report violations because they can't catch it. It's not even in the FAs job role to deal with TOS violations so don't get bitchy with them.

Magnetic Phantom

You can always report the threads.

And you could volunteer to become an FA for a forum that you visit frequently and know the rules of.

goldgate's Boss

Chatty Ace

they need to allow FAs to move these threads to the recycle bin (FAs cannot delete threads, only move them) where mods can delete them later. mods are overworked. domokun stargate

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
2sammygate
they need to allow FAs to move these threads to the recycle bin (FAs cannot delete threads, only move them) where mods can delete them later. mods are overworked. domokun stargate

You mean that they can't move them there now?

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
2sammygate

They can't move threads that are TOS violations...

What part of offsite trading threads despite it being spam are also TOS violations are people not getting?

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Clover_IceQueen
2sammygate

They're advertising something that's offsite. That is a TOS violation so that's mod jurisdiction. Mods have stated time and time again that FAs can't move anything that is violating the TOS..

goldgate's Boss

Chatty Ace

Astra the Fae
Clover_IceQueen
2sammygate

They're advertising something that's offsite. That is a TOS violation so that's mod jurisdiction. Mods have stated time and time again that FAs can't move anything that is violating the TOS..

the rules set by gaia currently do not allow them to do so.
it needs to be brought to the attentions of admins so that these rules can be changed.
domokun stargate

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
2sammygate
Astra the Fae
Clover_IceQueen
2sammygate

the rules set by gaia currently do not allow them to do so.
it needs to be brought to the attentions of admins so that these rules can be changed.
domokun stargate

They won't change the rules because it works for them. FAs are just assistants, mods hold the true power.

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
FA's do not handle TOS violations. Mods do the heavy lifting (so to speak xD) We can only move threads in our assigned forums. But, as someone else said, if you report it, the mods can handle it.

[K!ng]'s Partner

Omnipresent Elder

As has been stated, FAs are not allowed to handle TOS violations.
If the spammers start up again, feel free to PM an online Mod. The Admin are aware of the issue and we Mods are working on this as fast as we can

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
One time I went to PM a moderator about a spammer, and by the time I had gathered all of the links to the threads, they were all deleted. Thanks mods!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff