Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adorable Fisher

Faustine Liem
Keltoi Samurai
So, really, what's the actual problem, here?

I don't know, maybe its a legal problem.
Or maybe you just don't know what I know.
But then, that's okay to not know things.
But I guess its okay to discriminate against a person if you look at them
I mean its not like there are studies that show doctors already discriminate
I mean not like there are court cases
Which are about religious people being able to tell gays they are vile sinners.
I said it before in the thing you responded to, that not all gays have 'i am a homosexual' tattoed on their forehead. These types of bills allow someone to visually discriminate a person based on their appearance. What's next, all gays in Mississippi must wear pink armbands? I really hope that doesn't happen, but I'm waiting.
Just my two cents. I made this thread already knowing full well that doctors discriminate against LGBT for religious reasons without there being a law saying they can, because with their religious purposes they are already magically above the law and they know they are. Even in states that expressly prohibit this, doctors win lawsuits based on religious freedom to discriminate. Such situations have happened to me and my friends, too. Its just the fact that they would pass such a law that would specifically allow this...its not really a planet I want to be a part of.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Yet they are perfectly fine treating people whom have committed murder. -_-;; Way to progress. emotion_awesome

Dedicated Student

I think I agree this is all fine and dandy when it doesn't come to government organizations no matter how much I hate the line of thinking except when it comes to emergency responders. If emergency responders won't do what they are supposed to do then they can shove it. Costing someone their life because they believe differently than you is bull crap.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Not what the law says. It's fear mongering at its root. Comparing a ******** baker to an EMT is ignorant. Only thing dumber is falling for it.

Where are the provisions then excluding emergency or medial personnel from this law?

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
MarigoldMari
Faustine Liem
Keltoi Samurai
So, really, what's the actual problem, here?

I don't know, maybe its a legal problem.
Or maybe you just don't know what I know.
But then, that's okay to not know things.
But I guess its okay to discriminate against a person if you look at them
I mean its not like there are studies that show doctors already discriminate
I mean not like there are court cases
Which are about religious people being able to tell gays they are vile sinners.
I said it before in the thing you responded to, that not all gays have 'i am a homosexual' tattoed on their forehead. These types of bills allow someone to visually discriminate a person based on their appearance. What's next, all gays in Mississippi must wear pink armbands? I really hope that doesn't happen, but I'm waiting.
Just my two cents. I made this thread already knowing full well that doctors discriminate against LGBT for religious reasons without there being a law saying they can, because with their religious purposes they are already magically above the law and they know they are. Even in states that expressly prohibit this, doctors win lawsuits based on religious freedom to discriminate. Such situations have happened to me and my friends, too. Its just the fact that they would pass such a law that would specifically allow this...its not really a planet I want to be a part of.

This law has existed on the Federal level since 1993, when Bill Clinton signed it. "Such a law" has already been passed without the horror stories that people say this law will suddenly allow. What makes this version different from the identical one on the Federal level?
Rubbish. stressed

Sugary Cat

If they refuse to give medical treatment then they should be fired for not doing their job properly. It's that easy.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Then they shouldn't be in the medical field,assholes. stare

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I doubt anything will come of this, as it goes against the oath the physicians and physician assistants take.
Immediate life saving treatment? Either the article's a load of crap or wow I'm genuinely speechless...
Tsuki_Kirkland
I doubt anything will come of this, as it goes against the oath the physicians and physician assistants take.
The oath means nothing, it's just a part of some graduation ceremonies as a nod to the distinguished history of doctors. If someone needs an oath to follow what's been relentlessly drilled into them for years as a student, they really have to grow up and the admissions team need a serious review on how they got a place on the course (and stayed on it actually!)
The appropriate response to this, should it pass of course, is to bar religious employees from jobs that may require them to do things objectionable to their religion.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
N3bu
The appropriate response to this, should it pass of course, is to bar religious employees from jobs that may require them to do things objectionable to their religion.

That ...

That would be funny as hell.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Doesnt this go against doctors rules? Save all lives if you can? Cuz doctors have to treat death row cons, criminals, everybody.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff