Welcome to Gaia! ::

New NaNo thread is up!

*lets thread wither and die* 0.5 50.0% [ 17 ]
*waits for thread to be rebirthed from the ashes* 0.5 50.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]

Shadowy Senshi

@Roses - I love all this talk of dream magic! I had an RP character who ran a dream centric cult and would trap people in dreams, get them addicted to them, and then just let their bodies waste away. It was good times.

@Adler - The system is control by only letting special ticket holders see / access the trains on this special track. MC ends up with one of these tickets by accident in chapter one, and so our adventure begins!

There is however a possibility of some "planned-ness" behind this. Just not how sure how conspiracy-y I want to make it yet.

Nice to see so much activity back in the thread. I should have known Oct 1 would bring everyone back, lol.

Mythical Star

Mors

Kinda sounds like the reality bug, a super good book.
But huzzah! Dreamy goodness!
Hi, how are you>

Shadowy Senshi

@Roses - Oh man, are you referencing a Pendragon book? surprised I don't think I've read any books in that series in over a decade and can't remember a thing about them!

I'm good, just booked my November trip tickets, paid some bills, so feeling good and responsible. Now letting myself stay awake past my bed time to do some NaNo prep smile

How have you been? New job working out well? Got much more planned with this dream magic stuff?

Mystical Dreamer

BlueJay Adler
Drey: I'll help you then. Since their worlds don't exist anymore. Where did they end up and why there and not elsewhere? Is this new place very different (culture, climate, topography wise) or similar?

whoops stuff started happening and I got distracted.

Well, my main project they actually ended up bouncing between eight different worlds, only one of which actually looked like their old one. The project I'm working on now is a KH fanfic, so that should explain things. XD

Shadowy Senshi

I've successfully re-named my MC to give her a little more character development and also give me the opportunity to play on an Arrested Development joke. I'm hoping this makes me more excited to write her and her super conservative French-Canadian family.

Nuclear Werewolf

Yay, internet! For now. I even backread some. cat_3nodding

QDCs!
Character Development Question:
What is one group that your character belongs to (aside from their race/species)? Did they join this group voluntarily? Were they born into it? Did they land in the group some other way?
Gonna go with a NaNo answer for this one, because why not.

MC (the feathery hexapod with the sixty digits) ends up included in part of an expedition to research her species' origin, and try to figure out a way to reproduce themselves. (The machines that spat them out stopped working eventually, and their biology remains something of a mystery.) She volunteered, and was also halfway-elected due to her seniority (she's in her early 40's and is the fifth of her kind to be "decanted," wink though she also has a burning curiousity and a need to know things.

So that's how she ended up one of two or three representatives of her species on a spaceship with several different alien species, humans, a cat, a raven, and a cyborg, (and some cameos).

Character Development Question: (pick any character but try for a NaNo one)
What is the furthest your character has been from home? Why did they go there or why haven't they gone further? If they are nomadic, have they been far from their tribe/clan/"other nomadic group title"?
MC of the NaNoThing travels something liiiiike... 3-4 AU (local) from home, though whether you consider the ARK or the planet she was raised on her home is another question. The whole mission-centric deal keeps her on a course from Point A to Point B, but that's not to say she'll travel elsewhere at a later date. It's more or less a straight shot from planet Ktchn to the quarantine orbit around the lunar colonies of the first gas giant in the system.

t o l e k s i
lololol gonna murderate a character emotion_awesome

WHAT, WHO? Augh, I'm gonna have sooo much catching up to do. cat_gonk

Muffers
/is afflicted by feels

emotion_dowant Someday.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Morsuaile
I've successfully re-named my MC to give her a little more character development and also give me the opportunity to play on an Arrested Development joke. I'm hoping this makes me more excited to write her and her super conservative French-Canadian family.

User Image
Logged in to Gaia for the first time in some number of months just to check out if there was a NaNo thread. Lo and behold, look what I found! Idk if I'll actually manage to stay active but I'm really looking for some friends to write with and this thread did a good job of that way back when.

Brief synopsis kind of thing: I'm doing a rewrite of my 2010 novel, the second book in a series about pirates who really want to call themselves pirates but suck at actually doing pirate kinds of things and just end up getting themselves into ridiculous amounts of trouble. I've got my rewritten outline already done, but there are still some kinks I need to work out, including cutting an entire arc from the ending and maybe or maybe not still killing a guy.

I'll bookmark/subscribe/whatever the thread and try to remember to check back OTL Now that it's October I really want to get back in the groove of things and get all my stuff figured out before November hits.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Hello Renrenners! Welcome! We are always around in one incarnation or another. We're like herpes. We just keep coming back! Just so you know, usually sometime in October we make and official NaNoWriMo thread (this is just the Off-Season thread we inhabit between NaNo events), but if we move, we always post the link on the latest page here with a huge announcement. Hopefully we see more of your face around!

Distinct Hunter

renrenners

Hiya! I'm Adler. Its nice to meet you and have you on thread. I hope you can be active (I have a soft spot for pirates!).

Wanted to welcome you to the thread! We're a pretty sporadic group at times, though we'll hopefully be picking up now that its October.

Anyhow, I'm quoting you so you see this, but we usually just bold names for people we are talking to *points to other posts in thread*. It helps to keep the posts from getting too long or cluttered with quotes. We usually reserve quotes for continuing a conversation from a bit back or alerting a person to a specific reply. Just a heads up.

The usual welcome question is "what is your project?" but you already answered that, so I'll just ask if you have a name preference- like a shortened version of your username. Or do you prefer we use the full name?

Al: Aww, you answered my questions! This spaceship sounds like an interesting place to be. And "home" is whatever your character views as "home" since the impact varies not be the reality of "home" but the perception that it is "home". If that makes any sense at all.

Morse: I like the use of the term "conspiracy-y". I'm intrigued how the MC got this ticket. I also wanna see some random guy who is meant to have the ticket freak out that he no longer has it. But the wouldn't quite be conspiracy-y unless the ticket was taken from him. Oh well, ignore me.

Edit:
Drey: Yeah, KH explains a lot. I'm so excited for the third game...though I really do need to play all the middle games.

Nuclear Werewolf

Ren: Heya, welcome! I think I've seen you around --- I recognize your sig. cat_3nodding

Jay: Home being relative ties into the plot, such as it is. There's geopolitics and terraforming rights and such involved, and the whole "emergent but orphan species" thing.

Distinct Hunter

Al: That sounds like an interesting element to include.

Nuclear Werewolf

Jay: Hopefully. cat_sweatdrop I need it to help carry me to 50k.

Supplemented of course by shipboard shenanigans and cyborg/engineer bromance.

Revered Nerd

AL: And Basil. You can't forget Basil. a*****e cats can create all kinds of problems.
Nothing going on? Someone has an allergic reaction?
Need something to go wrong? Cat chased a mouse through the air vents.
Need something else? Turns out someone found an inconvenient scratching post.

Distinct Hunter

Sorry, dozed off. Which means, I'm now gonna sign off and head to bed. G'night!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff