Welcome to Gaia! ::

New NaNo thread is up!

*lets thread wither and die* 0.5 50.0% [ 17 ]
*waits for thread to be rebirthed from the ashes* 0.5 50.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]

Distinct Hunter

Jade: English is weird.

Mystical Dreamer

@Adler: They don't get along very well. And they're both likely to spend some time in the infirmary on the ship they're traveling on, glaring at each other. They're both sort of macho guys who're used to being the leader.

Distinct Hunter

Drey: Alpha male fights...always fun.

I took sleepy allergy meds, so I'm off to bed. they kick in so quick!

G'night all!

Nuclear Werewolf

Aah, sleep. What a concept.

No writing today, since I was on duty and chose to finish reading two books instead of writing my own. No regrets, since the one I read cover to cover was damned excellent.

Planning on finishing that short story after I get home, er, later today, now. Then back to chapter sixteen again.

Alien Worshipper

Anyone around?

Mystical Dreamer

I am, but I'm kind of lurking. And writing. A lot. I've written at least 3k words since breaking my writer's block last night.

Mythical Star

-slips into pillow fort-
My knees are bruised..
-sips tea-
Anyone up and about?.

Mystical Dreamer

~bounces~ So I'm actually probably an hour or so from crashing, and still writing. I went and looked at the outline for the rest of the story and was once again shocked by the fact that there isn't that much left. Well, not in bullet points, at least. I need to go through and flesh some of that out.

Revered Nerd

Ok. So I've got four-ish hours until my next class. Gonna finish eating popcorn then get started on my final paper/project and hopefully knock back a good part.

I've got really exciting news though. For this project I get to use.....
spreadsheets

Or not since I can't find the link to the material I have to evaluate... Gonna have to tell the professor the system's done gone and ******** up again. And can't write the essay portion without the first part... so it looks like I'm writing.

OR I can be an idiot and not click the huge blue link that says "FINAL PROJECT". emotion_facepalm

High-functioning Noob

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

herderp. emotion_drool

so i didn't get to write on my story yesterday or today, but thursday and friday i think i'll have a lot of time to write. so far i've just been playing video games with berf and working on my martial arts thread when i watch him play. this kung fu section is kicking my a**. gonk

how goes the writing for everyone else?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Revered Nerd

Tol: Yeah, but like, that thread's gonna be hella useful.

And I just finished the part of the project I wanted to get done before class.... so now I can go back to writing. Should probably keep working on the first part, since I apparently just padded the word count like it was insulation and now I can get rid of all the repetitive stuff and info dumps (since most of those are things I've got solidly stated in the BAFC, somewhere else, or it's a fact I've got implanted into my brain.)

Dapper Dabbler

whimsicaldreamer
OR I can be an idiot and not click the huge blue link that says "FINAL PROJECT". emotion_facepalm
Blame the professor for not making it a red link. blaugh

Time to break out the notebook and get started on a new first draft. It's been a while since I've been in this stage of the game.

Revered Nerd

Elizabeth Rhodes
whimsicaldreamer
Blame the professor for not making it a red link. blaugh

Time to break out the notebook and get started on a new first draft. It's been a while since I've been in this stage of the game.

Naw, it's the stupid program that made it look like a heading instead of a link (since right under it is the link to turn the project in). Red links don't exist on the site.

And welcome to the thread. Do you already have the story plotted out or are you just gonna write and see what happens?

Also, heads up, we don't quote so look out for some form of your username being bolded. Any preference for how to shorten it?

Dapper Dabbler

Thanks for the welcome. I'm working on a sequel to the book I just finished. With luck I'll finish the series by the end of the decade. xp My plan was to wait for a NaNo session to start it, but now that I'm not editing anymore I'm getting antsy.

I have no preference for name-shortening

Revered Nerd

Liz: Then I'll probably just go with Liz since that's generally how people shorten Elizabeth and it shouldn't lead to confusion.

Yeah, that is a problem. I know I'm always working on one thing or another and get lost when I don't have a project to work on.

Although if you want wait a bit, we will be starting up SuWriMo's The Summer Writing Months here on Gaia that runs from June first to the last day of August (with camp sitting in the middle). Maybe just find some short projects or things to work on until then/plan out the story more.

What's the genre/the book about?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces