Welcome to Gaia! ::

Deragon02's Wife

Friendly Girl

19,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
Mesomerism
The one thing that still peeves me is the promise that backwings would NEVER make it into the cash shop, because of the amount of time, money, and resources that are put into crafting just ONE pair. When the "birthstone" wings came into the CS, I still very much remember the outrage from the crafting community, which of course fell on deaf ears. Ever since 2011ish/2012ish, Gaia just hasn't been the same site that I fell in love with back in '07.
Their site info lookup used to have the registrar resgistration renewed every 2-3ish years if I remember correctly?
Now it's yearly, and getting pretty darn close to the deadline, which I don't see it going past.
Quote:
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-01-28 T21:18:00.00Z

I doubt they look at their stats, but right now anyone can see there's been a decline, and the numbers show:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They may have decent page visits monthly, but over time, it shows that's not the case at all.
3 months per user:

The past seven days:

It's only a matter of time now that zOMG! is gone, honestly.

The Registrar date is the thing that most concerns me. Gaia could ignore the mass fleeing of members, completely abandon any updates, and other than pay for servers to keep the site 'physically' up, everything would still be 'intact'. However, if the registrar date passes, the servers would be clicked off. I used to work for an internet company, and it was my job to let people know that the date was coming close, so they could renew it so we could make sure their site, which we hosted, would still be maintained. A dead abandoned site can still exist as long as the servers and registrar is current, but if they really don't do anything with that, then there's no avoiding the site going down.

Omnipresent Nymph

Lost Digi Girl
Mesomerism
The one thing that still peeves me is the promise that backwings would NEVER make it into the cash shop, because of the amount of time, money, and resources that are put into crafting just ONE pair. When the "birthstone" wings came into the CS, I still very much remember the outrage from the crafting community, which of course fell on deaf ears. Ever since 2011ish/2012ish, Gaia just hasn't been the same site that I fell in love with back in '07.
Their site info lookup used to have the registrar resgistration renewed every 2-3ish years if I remember correctly?
Now it's yearly, and getting pretty darn close to the deadline, which I don't see it going past.
Quote:
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-01-28 T21:18:00.00Z

I doubt they look at their stats, but right now anyone can see there's been a decline, and the numbers show:

They may have decent page visits monthly, but over time, it shows that's not the case at all.
3 months per user:

The past seven days:

It's only a matter of time now that zOMG! is gone, honestly.

The Registrar date is the thing that most concerns me. Gaia could ignore the mass fleeing of members, completely abandon any updates, and other than pay for servers to keep the site 'physically' up, everything would still be 'intact'. However, if the registrar date passes, the servers would be clicked off. I used to work for an internet company, and it was my job to let people know that the date was coming close, so they could renew it so we could make sure their site, which we hosted, would still be maintained. A dead abandoned site can still exist as long as the servers and registrar is current, but if they really don't do anything with that, then there's no avoiding the site going down.

Last renewal we had a scare because it got so close to the expiration, that we really did believe "hey guys, this is the end. Say your goodbyes."
They didn't renew it until a week before the deadline I do believe?
I would just really hate to see this site go down the way it is. A slowly sinking ship set on fire headed for a jagged cliff of rocks.
:/

Mega Hoarder

wreaks_havoc
Blackthorn Aria
Well what's sad is some aren't even knew but older members. :/ I mean I get i, they don't want to hear anything wrong about their pecious site and want to live in the self-denial they created, that's fine but telling another fellow user to leave is very disheartening.

I wouldn't even consider leaving this place if it didn't happen but so many users have told me because they're being "genuinely helpful" so they say to "leave Gaia if I'm so unhappy". Ye I am "sooooo" unhappy with Gaia atm but I want it to change. Unlike them I'm not content with what's happened to the site.

Oh well, I'm just now riding this thing out til I click a blank page. I don't even care anymore since Gaia is so dishonest to us and the community is torn from all ends. I don't see a future for this place and I'm just watching it burn.

Captcha: Zombie attack omg that's perfect lol.
I'm with you. I like to give things a chance or fight for what I want. Leaving is my last choice. Gotta love that captcha. rofl

there comes a point where you realize you are beating your head against a wall, and that there is no hope.

gaiaonline doesn't give a rats a** if i stay or go, since I almost never get gc.

Jujubellee's Husband

Sexy Hero

27,250 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Viva La Spirit

A load of bull, indeed.. I do remember seeing those, I should've brought them up as well but forgot them in posting this, I'm glad you remembered because it shows an even deeper level of insincerity on the part of corporate than what I'd already covered. Kudos.

Anxious Gekko

Blackthorn Aria
wreaks_havoc
Blackthorn Aria
That is one reason why I am thinking of leaving is because of the community. I feel the community is broken and split into so many sections I wonder how it's not an all out war.

Users telling other users to leave if they're unhappy isn't right. Only this year, THIS year have I ever been told to leave more than five times when I stated my opinions over Gaia needing to change.

I've realized then it's not just Gaia driving out users but users driving out users too. That does not help Gaia even though at this point I am wondering why I am still here LOL.
It's the new breed of Gaians. Entitled little pricks or frustrated wannabes. You should have seen the responses I got to a thread I posted last Christmas.

It's hard to leave, but after awhile there will be nothing to keep you here and eventually you'll just stop logging on.
Well what's sad is some aren't even knew but older members. :/ I mean I get i, they don't want to hear anything wrong about their pecious site and want to live in the self-denial they created, that's fine but telling another fellow user to leave is very disheartening.

I wouldn't even consider leaving this place if it didn't happen but so many users have told me because they're being "genuinely helpful" so they say to "leave Gaia if I'm so unhappy". Ye I am "sooooo" unhappy with Gaia atm but I want it to change. Unlike them I'm not content with what's happened to the site.

Oh well, I'm just now riding this thing out til I click a blank page. I don't even care anymore since Gaia is so dishonest to us and the community is torn from all ends. I don't see a future for this place and I'm just watching it burn.

Whenever I see Gaians telling other Gaians to leave, I tend to intervene. There was one thread in which OP was being told to leave and being torn down by two other users and I quoted them and really flared off. I couldn't help it, that s**t pisses me off. Gaians are supposed to support one another, we may not always agree on things, but when it comes to Gaia, Gaians need to band together and try to make things right. We can't just sit back and be railroaded by Gaia Interactive.

I've also noticed that, it's not just actual USERS it's Gaian STAFF that get on mules and harass users. Many of these users are the ones that log the most outrageous and revealing information on Gaia.

Anxious Gekko

RevvRaptor
Viva La Spirit

A load of bull, indeed.. I do remember seeing those, I should've brought them up as well but forgot them in posting this, I'm glad you remembered because it shows an even deeper level of insincerity on the part of corporate than what I'd already covered. Kudos.

What's ridiculous is that the staffers answer questions that are not hard hitting, as if they're terrified or just don't want to acknowledge the reality of the feelings of Gaia's user base. In my opinion, these staff members aren't Gaians anymore. At least, most of them aren't. But,yeah no problem, I thought you had covered it very well, and hopefully you won't end up kicked to the CB like many other threads that try to shine light on the truth of Gaia.
Viva La Spirit
Blackthorn Aria
wreaks_havoc
Blackthorn Aria
That is one reason why I am thinking of leaving is because of the community. I feel the community is broken and split into so many sections I wonder how it's not an all out war.

Users telling other users to leave if they're unhappy isn't right. Only this year, THIS year have I ever been told to leave more than five times when I stated my opinions over Gaia needing to change.

I've realized then it's not just Gaia driving out users but users driving out users too. That does not help Gaia even though at this point I am wondering why I am still here LOL.
It's the new breed of Gaians. Entitled little pricks or frustrated wannabes. You should have seen the responses I got to a thread I posted last Christmas.

It's hard to leave, but after awhile there will be nothing to keep you here and eventually you'll just stop logging on.

Whenever I see Gaians telling other Gaians to leave, I tend to intervene. There was one thread in which OP was being told to leave and being torn down by two other users and I quoted them and really flared off. I couldn't help it, that s**t pisses me off. Gaians are supposed to support one another, we may not always agree on things, but when it comes to Gaia, Gaians need to band together and try to make things right. We can't just sit back and be railroaded by Gaia Interactive.

I've also noticed that, it's not just actual USERS it's Gaian STAFF that get on mules and harass users. Many of these users are the ones that log the most outrageous and revealing information on Gaia.
I bow down to your awesomeness. That's what I do now. I tell off Gaians who feel a need to argue with the old "if you're unhappy then leave" because they have no right in telling what users should do. And it just hurts the community further. United we stand, divided we fall.

Yeah I hate that staffers will hide behind mules and attack community members. It's not right at all. You can support Gaia but you don't have to attack fellow members. I just want to say I'm not saying users should agree about everything but they can argue politely. I feel we've lost that somewhat in the forums including the SF, which I felt was the last place.

Anxious Gekko

Blackthorn Aria
Viva La Spirit
Blackthorn Aria
wreaks_havoc
Blackthorn Aria

I bow down to your awesomeness. That's what I do now. I tell off Gaians who feel a need to argue with the old "if you're unhappy then leave" because they have no right in telling what users should do. And it just hurts the community further. United we stand, divided we fall.

Yeah I hate that staffers will hide behind mules and attack community members. It's not right at all. You can support Gaia but you don't have to attack fellow members. I just want to say I'm not saying users should agree about everything but they can argue politely. I feel we've lost that somewhat in the forums including the SF, which I felt was the last place.

xD No need to bow down, it's just the right thing to do. Gaians telling other Gaians to leave, just pushes Gaia closer to the brink, because if they no longer have any users, guess what? Gaia is gone. Users make this site what it is. This is something those users and the actual company needs to realize.

It's not even right that they do it! Staffers shouldn't be abusing a concerned user base. It just shows that they are blind to reality and that all they want is their pockets padded. It's wrong. In my opinion staffers and whatnot that go to mules and harass the userbase don't care about Gaia. Not if they're gonna allow it to go down the drain. But, yeah I agree I wish we could all argue politely but, that's like trying to hug a cactus. Cactus being Gaia.

Lunatic

x-Garethp-x
Scobre
They said they could in the TOS, which is funny. It's stated like in the event if we shut down, you won't be refunded of anything. They also said it in there, if you don't like the management, they leave. Both are disaster statements in a company that claim to be in no danger.

It's not disaster statements at all. That's just standard cover-your-a** TOS things that you'll find anywhere. I'd wager you'd find them in the TOS for WoW, LoL, DotA and many more. Hell, I bet you'd find them in the TOS for Steam

The thing is that all those different games are making enough money to keep going, so there is basically NO ******** WORRY about them shutting down. Gaia, on the other hand is most likely making juuuust enough to scrape by and pay their employees and server costs, etc, and still have enough to ******** around with other things. Gaia's losing customers, and is kinda walking a thin line.

A better example is this: Gaia is kinda like TinierMe. TinierMe lost members, and then ended up having to close. However, TinierMe STILL gave refunds to people who'd made recent purchases. Many websites (particularly forumish stuff) tend to give refunds when they close. While Gaia reserves the right not to do refund, if makes many people uneasy about what's going to happen to their money. Like Gaia will just take their cash and run at any moment.

Enduring Hoarder

11,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
As I watch the downvotes increase, cause god forbid you complain in SF.

Whenever I'm told gaia is fine I just revisit thread like this and the 133T scandal to remind me not to get comfortable and spend here.
Crying shame cause i was about to splurge bout a week ago...

Enduring Hoarder

11,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Concubine Collector

The thing is that all those different games are making enough money to keep going, so there is basically NO ******** WORRY about them shutting down. Gaia, on the other hand is most likely making juuuust enough to scrape by and pay their employees and server costs, etc, and still have enough to ******** around with other things. Gaia's losing customers, and is kinda walking a thin line.

A better example is this: Gaia is kinda like TinierMe. TinierMe lost members, and then ended up having to close. However, TinierMe STILL gave refunds to people who'd made recent purchases. Many websites (particularly forumish stuff) tend to give refunds when they close. While Gaia reserves the right not to do refund, if makes many people uneasy about what's going to happen to their money. Like Gaia will just take their cash and run at any moment.
Thing is they give us reasons to fret daily...

Lunatic

Bang-A-Lang
Thing is they give us reasons to fret daily...

Indeedy do. However, I don't really mind. I'm going down with the ship. o3o
Concubine Collector
x-Garethp-x
Scobre
They said they could in the TOS, which is funny. It's stated like in the event if we shut down, you won't be refunded of anything. They also said it in there, if you don't like the management, they leave. Both are disaster statements in a company that claim to be in no danger.

It's not disaster statements at all. That's just standard cover-your-a** TOS things that you'll find anywhere. I'd wager you'd find them in the TOS for WoW, LoL, DotA and many more. Hell, I bet you'd find them in the TOS for Steam

Fair enough. TinierMe probably had this clause in their TOS as well. I understand some people are worried about Gaia shutting down, but the TOS isn't them acknowledging that they might. That clause in the TOS really is just about as standard as you get. Trying to run a website that makes money without something like that is troublesome. It opens up all sorts of legal issues that you don't want to wade into

Firebreathing Menace

45,700 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Medic 150
RafiCat
there comes a point where you realize you are beating your head against a wall, and that there is no hope.

gaiaonline doesn't give a rats a** if i stay or go, since I almost never get gc.
Yep, I finally reached that point and don't even care what happens to the site anymore. They don't appear to care about what we want so why should I care about Gaia anymore.

I was buying gc fairly regularly but haven't for approx. 6 mos now and don't intend to buy any in the future.

Chatty Friend

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
sobacco
Nicki Weston90

======================================

Another conspiracy, boring.....

Gaia isn't going to shut down soon, they may in the future but not yet! Not even after Black Friday, Not in January either....

======================================

"conciparies" have turned out to be true lately, like 133T, Tentacl shutting down before the year's up & zOMG! not making a return.
Gaia will shut down soon, maybe not tomorrow or in the next 6 months but soon.

I will agree that some have been true but the whole deal with Gaia Online shutting down within a couple of weeks to 3 months time is not true, yeah Gaia Inc will shut down this site but not yet,
God the shebang with the 133T was confusing to say the lest, did the user get a full refund? =/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff