Welcome to Gaia! ::

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Spore XP
XFateX
Well that's cool then. :3 Some of my friends have come to terms with my doll collecting. Some of them collect themselves. xD so theres that.

As for your question-- I live with two parents that think they're too expensive and probably think it's ridiculous that I collect. I just don't let it get to me. I always argue the fact that I don't drink or smoke, so the money spent on booze and cigarettes a year doesn't add up close to what I spend on dolls. [Alright, maybe minus this year, but whatever.]

But then your mom takes your girls to make outfits, so I don't think she's as against it as you might believe. They're not going away and I'm sure your parents see the joy the dolls bring to you (plus now that your sister collects it's seriously inevitable XD)

It's all in the expense of it all. They believe the money should be better spent elsewhere and I often lie about the price of each doll I spent to make the impact less. Though my father would no no difference to what dolls i have now to what I will end up with in a week or so, my no will... Kinda know? Because she makes clothes for then, she's grown used to seeing my collection and who I have. She tries to make an effort into understanding, but inevitably I know she won't fully accept them. And I'm okay with it. I also think she grows more okay with it knowing I have grown, adult. Down to earth friends in the hobby,

Sparkly Genius

XFateX
Spore XP
XFateX
Well that's cool then. :3 Some of my friends have come to terms with my doll collecting. Some of them collect themselves. xD so theres that.

As for your question-- I live with two parents that think they're too expensive and probably think it's ridiculous that I collect. I just don't let it get to me. I always argue the fact that I don't drink or smoke, so the money spent on booze and cigarettes a year doesn't add up close to what I spend on dolls. [Alright, maybe minus this year, but whatever.]

But then your mom takes your girls to make outfits, so I don't think she's as against it as you might believe. They're not going away and I'm sure your parents see the joy the dolls bring to you (plus now that your sister collects it's seriously inevitable XD)

It's all in the expense of it all. They believe the money should be better spent elsewhere and I often lie about the price of each doll I spent to make the impact less. Though my father would no no difference to what dolls i have now to what I will end up with in a week or so, my no will... Kinda know? Because she makes clothes for then, she's grown used to seeing my collection and who I have. She tries to make an effort into understanding, but inevitably I know she won't fully accept them. And I'm okay with it. I also think she grows more okay with it knowing I have grown, adult. Down to earth friends in the hobby,

I'll keep coming over then to prove we normal people doll collectors exist! XD

Phantom

7,665 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First Fall 15
  • Somebody Likes You 100
XFateX
ronnie, I can imagine the story behind your group is super fun. :3 Your dolls look great

Thank you! I'm trying to get it pieced together piece by piece, but get stopped by a lack of props, etc. It's going along slowly, though!

I tend to make big projects and getting them done takes time. :/

Fluffy Prophet

I'm so silly I keep checking the order status on my Lillycat Ellana, just like when I ordered my very first bjd. I knew it would be a long wait, but I just have to check it just in case!

Phantom

7,665 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First Fall 15
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Finlet
I'm so silly I keep checking the order status on my Lillycat Ellana, just like when I ordered my very first bjd. I knew it would be a long wait, but I just have to check it just in case!

Oh my god, congrats! Ellana is gorgeous. May I ask which resin you're getting her in?

Fluffy Prophet

I'm getting her in gray-purple, crossing my fingers that its on the bluish side of purple. I always loved her face, I was saving up in case she ever came out in blue or green.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Finlet

I'm like that with every order. Actually, Marissa makes fun of me for it. But I always hope theres an off chance they have one made and ready to go out, or something of the sort. For something they're just releasing ,you would htink they'd have some premade!
[Like I firmly believe they did with Spores Nana! XD 2 weeks? Crazy!]

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

How has it been a month since I posted here already? gonk Sorry for not responding to everyone individually, but welcome, newcomers! Spam doll photos plz! 8DD

Finlet

Haha, I can't blame you for being excited about her! How much longer is your wait supposed to be?
(Also, can I just compliment your faceup for the new Kess real quick? Hooooly gorgeous!)

ronnie92

I was just checking out your comic and really love your characters/character designs/art! :0 It's so cool to see your characters in physical form through your dolls, too. Do you post stories or art anywhere else like dA and stuff?

Esperanza

I see Switch boys. 8DDD My faves. I have a Milhwa myself!
And I know how you feel about being unmotivated, my dolls have bit sitting in one place for... months. xD I have ideas of what I'd like to do with them, like get better photos, do photo stories, fix a few things... but nope, never happens. = w =

Phantom

7,665 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First Fall 15
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Saffron Blehckchah

I was just checking out your comic and really love your characters/character designs/art! :0 It's so cool to see your characters in physical form through your dolls, too. Do you post stories or art anywhere else like dA and stuff?

Thank you! I haven't updated it in a while (been doing commissions), but totally should get back on it. The main story of the comic is probably something I'm not going to be making photostories about due to the amount of props required after all... Thank you about the doll compliment too! I have made most of their clothing to keep them as accurate as possible to their characters, though in some cases the dolls have also influenced on how the characters look XD

As for my other positng locations, I post photo stories on DoA and Hartsilapset with the nick ronnie92

I also have a doll tumblr, I am ronnie_dolls in Flickr (pretty new there, don't even kow how to link my gallery) and ronnie92 on DA.

And also ronniefinn92 on twitter. I post some doll stuff there too, I suppose.

There's probably more I can't remember from the top of my head. I also have a nsfw art gallery but I'm not really comfortable with linking it here. If you want to see it, send me a PM or something.

As for actual doll news, I think I'll be selling off Inge (Souldoll Hye/Supergem hybrid). The rest of my crew is fantasy-ish, and she's supposed to be more scifi. She's awesome and pretty, but just doesn't fit for now... and I'd prefer to have more characters to the fantasy crew over a doll I can't photograph with them without breaking someone's canon. I may reshell the character to a more suitable doll later on, if I ever decide to start collecting the scifi crew, too.

Magical Hobo

I haven't posted here in ages due to me leaving Gaia, but I'm temporarily back.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...And my Volks SD Kun is away getting a new faceup.

Fluffy Prophet

@ Saffron: hopefully I might get her in time for my birthday in late October, if not, maybe Christmas. I saw they put a limited quantity of her in stock sad whyyyyyy???

@ Priill: welcome back! we've missed you and your gorgeous dolls. Bronwen is stunning as always.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

*Shamelessly advertising a Story for those who are on DOA*
http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php/686364-A-summers-daydream-Kid-delf-spam-story

Anyways. Spore and I got our dolly order in yesterday! thankfully~

So I'm trying to share some new doll spam. But photobucket is being a butt.

So I at least have a Rhea spam
so here is my luts event '15 head.

User Image

And Iw ill have to do the others after work!

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Aha!
Here's Fate
User Image

And Relic~
User Image

Glyph
User Image

And my dolly family
User Image

Sparkly Genius

Priill! Welcome back! I kind of assumed you left the hobby. Glad to see you still have Bronwen, I know she's precious to you. smile

Love that pic of Rhea, Fate. Yay all the dolls. I will probably get outside tomorrow for some photos of Kestrel but she's in shambles right now as I work on stuff for her.

Anyway, here is Fate and I's box opening dollpocalypse video if you want to watch 20 minutes of us opening stuff and rambling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atg9evv36j8

Fluffy Prophet

Yay! so glad they arrived safely. The mystery of the sheep head: put it on at an angle and tip it back. Like your putting on a baseball cap from front to back.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff