Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Kitten

14,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Cat Fancier 100
Saffron Blehckchah
Clueless Mystery

No worries! I really should get used to quoting people when the thread slows down. Sometimes when it's moving fast, I don't have time to get all the quotes into one post. x'D
Oh wow, that is so lucky! Pure Rose is a gorgeous color. :'3 I think Leeke still does order periods for Mikhaila, but she's not available all the time anymore. Dx It's sad because she's so popular! I liked some of their other A line sculpts, too, like Rosemary.
How many dolls will be in your future family? :0 (I have a very long wish list, so I'm always curious about how many dolls other people are planning. x'D)

It's okay! Hahah, I understand the struggle. XD
Thank you so much! When I first got her I wouldn't like her because she had small issues (I don't even care for them anymore and I love her!)
That's so weird though... she's so pretty though, I wan't like, 10 Mikhaila's... o.o;
Eh... I was never a fan of really big heads, so that's why I love Mikhaila, normal head, and pear body, she's so pretty! She looks great in everything! (Eyes, wig, etc.) GAH she's gorg!
Well, i'm planning to have 3 kids, (the reason why I got a Mikhaila was so she'd be our "expected" unexpected daughter, if she ever happened. So she's the youngest). I have RS Mei as oldest daughter, and soon i'm getting a DollPamm Reo (Paying him off this Friday!!!) as my youngest son, and soon be getting a April Story Fall as an older son. I have a Mirodoll body that i'll be selling, it was going to represent me, but I really hate it. So i'm also getting an April Story Clover to be me. c:
For my hubby it will be a Souldoll Cior ^O^

Sparkly Fatcat

6,950 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Ahhh, I have a Leekeworld doll with the art body as well! c:
Also, hi! First post in this thread. This is Clementine.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I really want a Little Monica Sophia next, and maybe in the distant future a Dollfie Dream, lmao.
@ Starlight Pudding: Aw, your Clementine is precious. c: And a Little Monica Sophia is an excellent choice; she's so cute. o u o

---

My Michele is finally back and one of their outfits arrived on the same day as well.

This is Kira / Keira. =) I'm so happy to have them home. Especially since I'm going on vacation later this week and won't be back until the week after next. lol

User Image

Fluffy Prophet

I feel so guilty that I haven't been commenting on everyone's posts, I don't want to come across as one of those people that are only interested in my own doll things and ignore everyone else. I really love seeing you guys post your dolls I've just been too preoccupied to reply.

@ Starlight Pudding: soooo pretty! I love how that outfit accents her wide hips

@ Saffron: your Dune is so gorgeous, glad the dikadoll head works! I was so sure it would because of Marabelle's proportions. What are you going to name her?

@ Fate: that tattoo works so well on him, it has that celtic feel and reminds me of Jack frost from rise of the Guardians.

Opinionated Protagonist

13,890 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
Oh my! I never knew there's a BJD thread here! Guess I'll jump in!

Hello! Please call me: Espa/Espi or even Shunyuki
About you: 20 years old from sunny Singapore! dramallama I used to be very active but I kinda died off.. *coughs at inactivity on dA and everywhere else*
How you got into the hobby: MLP to Pullips to BJDs
Your dolls: (Warning: LARGE images hence under spoiler tabs)
Alistair Li.
User Image

North
User Image

Russell
User Image

Vito
User Image

I need help motivating myself to even take these boys out these days ....
Hope you liked them! ninja

Fluffy Prophet

chiming in with useless nonsense: I love my Dollfie dreams. They are so fun to play with, squishy cheerful smiley dolls.

Phantom

7,665 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First Fall 15
  • Somebody Likes You 100
AAAA yes! This is a cool thread. I'll try to make an intro post of sorts.

Hello! Please call me: ronnie
About you: doll enthusiast, freelance artist
How you got into the hobby: friend had a doll and introduced me to the local community. Saind friend isn't in the hobby any more, but I sure am!
Your dolls:
User Image

From largest to smallest:

User Image

Sasha Inge Carson - Souldoll Hye/ Soom supergem hybrid (normal skin)

She’s a no-frills, no-nonsense woman, and the only one who isn’t located in the same universe as the rest. She’s a scifi gal and a hunter, keeping her city safe from the horrors outside the dome. She’s a trained shot and her strike team’s leader.

In her free time she likes to go to bars and take scenic walks in the Virtual reality chambers (pre-war forest simulation). She’s not in any kind of relationship right now, but generally prefers women.

User Image

Rose Red / Ruusunpuna - Elfdoll Hazy (real skin)

Rose is a noble lady, and since her sister’s disappearance a heir to the family. She knows how to properly greet guests, hold diplomatic meetings and how to best dress herself for the occasion. In addition to this she also knows how to ride, how to slash and how to stab - all skills taught to her in secret.

She was never meant to be the one in charge of the estate or anything related to it, and used to be quite the tomboy. And as such, when turning eighteen she offically gave up her family’s ways, hired servant to upkeep the estate and rode off in the night to look for her sister. Thankfully she ran into an old friend on the way, and thus recieved the company of a most capable companion.

User Image

Aino - Zaoll Ramie (NS)

Aino is a herbalist by trade, living just outside of a blossoming trade town. As a skilled craftswoman and general knowledge seeker, people oft mistake her for a witch. Her being a young woman and living by herself does nothing to dispel this. As things are, no harm has fallen on her as of yet - and she keeps unwanted visitors away quite skillfully with some application from her crossbow.

User Image

Twisp - Dollzone Renata (tan)

Twisp is a mysterious child. Having been found from the forest and later thrown out of the town orphanage due to a series of unfortunate happenstances she’s now living in with Aino. She has no particular skill or interest in battle or other self-preservation techniques, but is very good at handling animals. She also sometimes seems to possess knowledge she shouldn’t, and has no recollection of having learned.

User Image

Shana - Resinsoul Fei (dark tan)

Shana is a Del'yktri mage, specialized in protective spells. She’s also versed in magical traps, languages and many other useful things. She has a notable interest in history, and especially her race’s history. She is the oldest of the two Del'yktri, and considered a young adult within her people. Most people see her as a teen due to her race’s shorter lifespan. She is rather peeved by this.

User Image

Dhya - Resinsoul Mai (dark tan)

Dhya is a Del'yktri scout. She’s well versed in hunting, tracking, swordfighting, archery and many other styles. She knows much about the world around her, and the dangers witin. While slightly younger than Shana, she posesses an added maturity due to her more practical training.

Dollzone Luna (NS) (sold)

User Image

Evermore Khait x2 and tiny mouse (non-resin versions, but were in the pic anyway)

Favourite aspect of the hobby:
Clothes-making and styling! Though recently I've also started to look into photography more.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

ronnie, I can imagine the story behind your group is super fun. :3 Your dolls look great

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

On the other hand, I'm sitting here patiently, waiting for new dolls. ;3

Fluffy Prophet

XFateX

Yeah its Dollypalooza, Dollpocalypse, and Doll2K over here, really fun! When friends come over they want to see all the heads lined up in progress. Don't worry, no touching! razz

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Finlet
XFateX

Yeah its Dollypalooza, Dollpocalypse, and Doll2K over here, really fun! When friends come over they want to see all the heads lined up in progress. Don't worry, no touching! razz

Haha we should celebrate this week as a national doll holiday each year in memorium.

I'm trying really hard not to have typos but my iPad hates me....

I'm glad your friends enjoy. X3 some of mine would question it all.

Fluffy Prophet

The friends that come over to visit, they know me so well and are of like minds. All of them are into toys of different kinds, the guys like warhammer and anime model kits, and todd mcfarlane, the girls like monster high or little apple dolls, or living dead dolls.

That brings me to an interesting topic: How do you guys deal with people that think dolls are for kids, or girls, or that they're just too expensive?

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Well that's cool then. :3 Some of my friends have come to terms with my doll collecting. Some of them collect themselves. xD so theres that.

As for your question-- I live with two parents that think they're too expensive and probably think it's ridiculous that I collect. I just don't let it get to me. I always argue the fact that I don't drink or smoke, so the money spent on booze and cigarettes a year doesn't add up close to what I spend on dolls. [Alright, maybe minus this year, but whatever.]

Sparkly Genius

Finlet
The friends that come over to visit, they know me so well and are of like minds. All of them are into toys of different kinds, the guys like warhammer and anime model kits, and todd mcfarlane, the girls like monster high or little apple dolls, or living dead dolls.

That brings me to an interesting topic: How do you guys deal with people that think dolls are for kids, or girls, or that they're just too expensive?

Dollpocalyse is extremely exciting, I hope your friends enjoyed checking out your work! I've been super impressed with the progress.

I think the way I talk about my dolls and the hobby to others helps to make them accepting of it. I'm very open about my involvement in the hobby, and it's usually not too long after I meet people that they find out about my dolls. I like to talk about them, and my phone is full of photos so I can also show pictures if people get interested. Explaining why I like them, the fact that they are customized, the detailed backstory behind them, I think really helps people to understand why I invest so much time and money into them. Most people have some sort of hobby, and relating the doll collecting to their hobbies can help them understand it. For example, whether they're passionate about a sport, or collect trading cards, just as much time, effort, energy and money goes into that as doll collecting. There are always going to be people who don't understand our hobby, but I find that those people always seem to warm up to it over time. You might find friends who insist your dolls are creepy eventually greeting them when they come over, or you could come home to your doll in a very silly pose that your parent who insists dolls are too expensive put it in as a prank. In summary, for me, just being completely unashamed of my doll collection makes it easy for me to brush of any unkind comments because I know better!

Sparkly Genius

XFateX
Well that's cool then. :3 Some of my friends have come to terms with my doll collecting. Some of them collect themselves. xD so theres that.

As for your question-- I live with two parents that think they're too expensive and probably think it's ridiculous that I collect. I just don't let it get to me. I always argue the fact that I don't drink or smoke, so the money spent on booze and cigarettes a year doesn't add up close to what I spend on dolls. [Alright, maybe minus this year, but whatever.]

But then your mom takes your girls to make outfits, so I don't think she's as against it as you might believe. They're not going away and I'm sure your parents see the joy the dolls bring to you (plus now that your sister collects it's seriously inevitable XD)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff