Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Lunatic

The great spirit that had returned Fasumbra to life after the catastrophic damage he suffered had departed, and the monster called Bael Kierdi was defeated. In that last desperate moment, instinct crafted by an eon of evolution drove one final message through his shattered mind.

Escape.

His body, warped into some twisted melding of the man he had become and the child he once was, was overcome with a desperate final surge of mana. It took little effort, as it had twice before. Without pageantry he performed an instinctive Plane Walk, sending his form hurtling through a random plane and back out into the elemental plane, depositing him somewhere relatively random. At least, that was the intention. Subconsciously his broken psyche twisted the attempt and sent him to the one place that he feared most.

Through the Plane of Fire he tumbled, an unending sea of flame scorching his flesh, his hair; his already burned face seared with unholy pain, and new bits of charred flesh began to form as his clothing melted into his skin in places where the fire licked hottest. He screamed then, but there was no sound, no air left to convey it. Only fire, an infinite inferno that would never die until time itself did. Animal panic drove him to abort the attempt early, wherever his instincts had intended him to go.

Fasumbra fell out into the Hive, near a formerly abandoned building that was currently occupied by a certain catboy. Tainted air met his lungs, and he sucked in a lungful only to scream it out, writhing upon the filthy earth like a bisected worm. Flames still clung to his clothing in spots, and the new burns blistered, weeping blood and viscous fluid.

That is the end of the story for the moment, but there is in fact something that must be addressed further. What effect indeed had Corvus’ presence and subsequent release had on the spirit?

Though it had yet to surface, Corvus had taken some of Fasumbra with her. He was after all completely broken when she entered. The half-elf’s soul was bared, without the protections he normally placed upon it. And what a damaged and twisted soul it had been. The effects of this were not immediately apparent; perhaps Raven would feel an instinctive grasp of magic that she had never performed before.

But it went deeper than that. That shard of the half-elf’s soul carried with it who in fact Fasumbra Langardo was. And the moment she thought his name, a warped onslaught of images and sounds would fill her mind. It was not however a trance, a forced state; rather, she would simply ‘know’ these things, as though she had experienced them personally.

“You have done well for the family. Thank you.” A woman with blood red hair and blue eyes smiled at Raven, the scar splitting her lip turning the expression into something akin to a snarl.

“Is this what you are? What you truly are?” A man with red hair and passive brown eyes stared at Raven, revealing nothing. A kodachi pointed at her, its blade hissing as fresh blood cooked on its surface.

“Pahtari, Desae, pahtari, na, NA, ASAR-” A dark skinned woman with ashen hair pleaded with Raven, a child crying into her breast as she tried to shield it. Raven drove a spear through both of them. Efficient kill. She screamed like a pig.

“You like it too, don’t you?” A brown skinned woman with pitch black hair met Raven’s eyes, something like lust boring into her. She reached out and touched Raven’s chest. Raven slapped the hand away. The woman cried as she left.

“You can’t do this. I swear by any god or devil that will listen, you will pay for this.” A pale man with gold eyes glared at Raven with malice unrivaled. Raven punched him in the face and laughed at the feeling of his nose breaking. A laugh that wasn’t hers.

“I love you. I love you. I love you I love you I love you I love youIloveyouIloveyouIloveyouIloveyouIloveyou-” The black haired woman from before straddled Raven, a madness in her eyes. Her hand pressed hard into Raven’s chest, and then became a fist of magma that melted the flesh of her ribcage like tallow. Agony ripped through her body.

And countless images besides. These were just some of the strongest.

As a consequence of this, however, the child that now lay in the dirt screaming in agony had lost these memories. All, in fact. So it was that it was just a creature, broken body and soul.

Deus Ex Aizen
Mana the Hack Cat

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[!]Sigil :: K'nyan[!]
Fallen…
[]~O~[]

As he covered Elianna's being in the white-hot deluge of his power, Slash would observe the transition from broken...to mended...with mute curiosity. The lightning stripped her down once more, and he could not help but note that he had seen this woman unclothed far more than the converse. Her nudity seemed natural, or at least unintentional.

Supple assets, and fair skin, aglow in the wash of his expelled radiance.

The Wanderer would bring his attack-made-salve to an abrupt end; hooking his fingers inward as he killed the flow, and steadied his innermost being. Never before had he felt so filled with energy, and the excess still burned hot within his core. The purple glow died out behind his eyes, and Slash watched in abject silence as his charge's clothes reformed upon her frame; decidedly different from what had been there before, and unquestionably more magnificent.

"H-how is this even possible? You..."

The scene overhead cut him short, and the swordsman's head tilted skyward; barely catching sight of a particularly deep crack as it snaked outward from the impromptu sunroof, and thundered ominously. His right hand slipped forcefully into the grip of Eli's left, and immediately began pulling her down the slope...Frantically searching for a means of escape.

"Nevermind! Now is not the time, or the place...Unless our objective is to be buried...Come on!"

For the first time, Slash's gaze would fall upon the lone...metallic...door; its odd sheen, and the way in which all the furniture faced it, being utterly outshone by something else.

A series of symbols carved into the mantle; words that the Wanderer could not read, but certainly had seen before. The forbidden language of Dakhan, the Foul-Tongued Prince!

Scalar Warfare

count_zantara

Tres Ecstuffuan

Ice-Cold Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
Sigil, City of Doors - Guildhall Ward - Below the Ruins of the Mages' Guild

Underground - The Pit
Still Only Human...

--------------------------------------------------

User Image

A small chirp of surprise escaped the magess' lips, and the first few steps were ceded without protest to the insistent swordsman. The room was still slightly out of focus, and her pretty eyes cast about, craning her neck to try and figure out why she was being dragged along thus.

To her credit, even in this state of re-awakening, her feet strode true, aptly avoiding stray chunks of debris and the cracks between tiles starting to shift in the floor. Her hand rested easily in Slash's grip as she caught up with his pace... and made no move to remove it once they reached the rather unremarkable metal door, strangely reassured by his touch.

Bending her hand into his arm regally like some foreign royal dignitary, Elianna drew closer, and stared, uncomprehending, at the strange language etched into metal and stone about the mantle.

"I think these are runes... magical runes." she offered sagely, tracing a slender finger along the etchings. They made her skin itch, and she quickly withdrew it, her face scrunching into something resembling annoyance. "There's no handle... I think they locked it. You can get us through though, right?" The sorceress turned her attention to Slash, practically leaning over his shoulder to see if she could see anything from his vantage point.

She couldn't. Nothing new anyway. But that didn't stop her from trying. "If you're tired though from that lightning spray I could try it myself though~" she suggested, words starting to flow together into an incessant stream as her thought process was partially hijacked by an outside intelligence... the only sign of which was that same absent look of the eyes as they glanced around, scanning the walls and door.

"A well-placed electric charge to the hinges should fuse them, and weaken the metal enough for a strong blow to knock it down... and you are strong, I've seen it... A mighty kick would do it! Or I could cast Sol Beam, just BAM BAM BAM, one two three, right off the frame. Maybe the writing is a red herring? I've never seen it before, but I don't feel any energy bleeding off it... though it did make my finger itch. Strange. Is it supposed to do that? Can you even read it? If you can, that'd be awesome, maybe we could take notes for later... I even have a spellbook hidden away for that, even though I don't really use it much. It's interesting to read though... The professors always said that initiative was key to learning. Oh! We could take a chalk rub of it! That way there's no room for error... do you have any chalk? Or charcoal? Actually, we could just use that burnt timber over there... Oh, but we have nothing to... a sword? Maybe you could chop it into usable pieces with that strange disc you threw across the room... say, what was that thing you cleaved apart, anyway? I couldn't get a good look at it... was it dangerous? Are we being spied on? I want to get away from those goons upstairs, they all seem terribly selfish. You'll protect me, right... if its dangerous? I'm not that strong... have a lot to learn still."

That last realization finally quieted her, and her wide eyed gaze looked from the door to Slash and back nervously. The sorceress was just as much a stranger here as he.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aetheric Essence

Active Spells:
[Daylight] - 5 ESS -
A basic technique that any that call themselves a magus can cast... amplified some by the unique powers of the [Staff of the Infinite]. In a simple evocation lasting one action, Elianna calls forth the natural light of a yellow sun to illuminate a spherical area of 100ft radius, centered on her staff at the time of casting but thereafter stationary. The sudden illumination can cause eyes adjusted or suited to the dark to be briefly dazzled, but other than specific weaknesses to such light (such as from certain types of undead), the light is not harsh and instead fills the affected area with a tangibly warm glow with no apparent source. The feeling of standing in the zone is akin to a warm spring day, with the afternoon sun bathing the body in warmth and light. The spell lasts for ten turns, then dissipates. Though casting this spell requires an action, the magic it calls forth is almost laughably insignificant, and does not cause stunted Aetheric Essence gain, allowing Elianna to continue recharging her reserves at the full 20 Essence per turn.
- Active - 6t remaining!

[Cosmic Flux] - 0 ESS -
Woe may be turned to weal if the right filter is applied. By designating a field of quantum uncertainty around her, the energy of any incoming, hostile aetheric effect may be used to instead heal wounds of a single aspect of self (See [Lens of the Triad]) co-measurately with its power. Because of the chaotic and uncertain nature of this magic, Cosmic Flux causes a massive feedback effect, preventing casting and Essence regeneration for an entire turn thereafter, and may not be invoked more than once every five turns.
- Casting Suppressed! - 1t remaining

Tres Ecstuffuan

Slash Zinrai

count_zantara

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

The Cambion was thrown for a loop when asked his opinion. He didn't figure it mattered when it came to Akako. Or anyone else emloyed under the Lich. He was technically all of there equals, if not less than. Or so he felt despite his small donation of favoritism Ursan fed him. Such a small amount with such a subtle approach, he sometimes didn't believe his own assumptions, but somehow he knew he was right.

"Hm..."

T
he Cambion paced casually, slowly as he inspected her thoroughly. He looked physically, mentally, spiritually, and magically. Her growth was remarkable considering she was only absent a couple days in this time and space. He was almost jealous, though he'd never admit to such a preposterous ideal. Stopping behind her, he visibly counted with his hands. trying to recall her tails from their first and only meet prior to her departure. And if his calculations were correct after his glamour was broken....

"Remarkable...Lady Akako, did you by chance grow another tail?"

Akako Akari
YummyBiscuits

Aged Gaian

Acerbic Authority
At the headquarters of the United Worker’s Party, an unmarked truck would pull up with a strange box in the back that looked exceedingly similar to a walk-in freezer someone had pulled fully out of its building of origin. Two men nonchalantly exited the cab of the truck and climbed into the back of the truck, hooking a series of devices to the bottom corners of the structure. Once they were firmly in place, one of the men pressed a button on his work-pad and the object lifted effortlessly from the truckbed.

It took minimal effort to get the object to the ground, and the two men brought it through the doors of the main building as though it were something they did every day. The one with the work-pad was apparently the boss, and he got into a brief argument with the secretary at the main desk that was swiftly ended by the delivery man’s next words.

“Look, lady, they didn’t tell me anything except to deliver this to a Mr. Tresondros Ecstuffuan, at his business called the United Worker’s Party. I don’t give a damn if you chuck it in the garbage when I leave, ‘cuz they already paid the delivery costs, so just sign for the damn thing and we can get on with our lives.”

The minimal responsibility that entailed allowed the secretary to overcome her sense of caution, and she signed for the steel box with its uncertain contents. Included in this delivery was an envelope with ‘To Mr. Ecstuffuan & Co.’ written neatly on the front in flawless cursive.

The secretary in question immediately called security, which made a full examination of the object and determined it was not an absurdly obvious explosive, nor did it contain anything living that was waiting to be released. It was however exceedingly heavy, heavier in fact than just the steel container would be alone. Thankful that the suspicious delivery crew had left the anti-gravity devices attached to the bottom, security managed to move the device somewhere less public before sending calls up the totem pole to any of the high level officials they could reach: Oz, Raven, even Tresondros himself if possible.

Somebody needed to come open the damn box. And the letter as well.

Tres Ecstuffuan
Deus Ex Aizen

UWP Campaign Center - Market Wards

_______Ultimately the massive box would be left unmolested in the cargo bay among an assortment of shipping containers. Though, guards were posted to monitor the thing. For the sake of public safety they did not simply leave the strange thing in the roads of the Market. Nobody knew what it was exactly. Deliveries usually went through a more complex series of procedural channels. Chairman Ecstuffuan, whom the deliverymen had not paid his proper style, had a specific PO box that made sure whatever he was having delivered would be safe. Many people would or at least should want to see the Party Leader dead.

_______It was the job of the United Workers Party to see to the safety of its dear Chairman. The wounds that the chairman took in the name of the millions that called him Dear Leader endeared them to a large majority of the men and women of the UWP. These were no propoganda reels, Tresondros Ecstuffuan fought at his mens side and his prowess was known to them. They felt safe in the emerald glow of the sacred crystal fist.

_______An Enforcer Captain, B'nor had examined the thing with a team of bomb disposal experts from the Siege branch. They discovered it wasn't a bomb and being a magus, he could tell their were no curses on the thing. The anti-gravity technology and the material of the freezer like box spoke of an advanced technological civilization. It wasn't from a more magic dependent world like Faerun or k'vaga-thael, this was from somewhere more old...perhaps Gaia Prime...or perhaps it was from one of the old races of the stars whom dwelt in the dark corners of the prime material plane.

________A message had been sent to the Chairman, whom they knew was brave and would not balk at what could very well be a trap.

Count_Zantara

Lian Feaorne

Chairman, There is a package at the Campaign center for you. Looks strange. Its not a bomb.

- Julia Von, Director of Campaign Operations

Aged Gaian

The Forgotten District of K'nyan

_______Amid the incessant stream of rapid questioning from the star sorceress, the flicker of her light would reveal a wedge cut out of the face of the door large enough to get a few fingers into. This was positioned apparently to act as a handle for the door that perhaps not have been obvious until you got a bit closer to it. That information would suggest a crudeness about the aperture, such that Elianna might reason that there was no lock and that the doors resistance was due to rust or age.

_______When they touched the door they would become privy to the odd texture of the material. It had a sheen like metal but upon touch there was a sort of subtle vibration that would evoke feelings of cloth, which betrayed the smooth surface and the way her light reflected off of it.

_______They would get the sense that, with sufficient force, whether from a kick, push, or a blast from a solar beam like 'BAM BAM BAM' it would likely give way.

_______But which one?...

Slash Zinrai

Scalar Warfare

Aged Gaian

Alleyway Near Illmaters Hope

"Damn it General, stop!", Tres said as Raven began hacking away at her arm with a stone like some sort of insane primative.

_______He understood her purpose and respected her urgency. However, the expression of worry on the psions face for his fellow psychic was clear. With a smooth gesture of his crystalline left hand he produced a sharp blade of crystal as if from air. He began to hand it to her saying;

"Use this. Its sharp and won't leave a~", his eyes narrowed as he stopped suddenly.

"Perhaps it should be my blood. You are in no condition to be giving a transfusion.", Tres said, standing near Jeans body such that his shadow covered whatever Raven's covering did not.

_______As he spoke to Raven he did not notice Red freezing after touching Zeonis. Only by the time the two finished their exchange regarding who should give blood to Jean would he turn to notice Red standing still above the body that had fallen at the exit of the alleyway. She seemed stunned, as if touching him had given her some great revelation. Perhaps the man was injured. The beam of light seemed to have caught another innocent civilian. While Tres was elated at the light of his heaven, he knew that not all creatures would or could react the same. What had been a boon to the three psions was seeming trouble for everyone else. He couldn't tell if Zeonis's body had been burned from where he stood.

YummyBiscuits

Deus Ex Aizen

count_zantara

Red the Ambivalent

Zeonis Mieriba

Original Player

Behind these crimson eyes.....⋘⋘⋘⋘⋘⋘⋘⋘⋘⋘⋘
User Image
яє∂

| | Location: | |

|Near Illmater's Hope:: Alleyway|

Just before for whatever reason Red was sucked into the mind of the boy laying on the ground, she had already decided that in order for her to feel needed, she was going to stay behind and help this boy, something she knew she would be able to do. She had opened a minor link into Tres' mind, giving him a subtle message.

'I'm going to stay behind, go ahead and help Jean and Raven. This lad needs my help.'

After the message there was no time for her to listen for a reply, or even know if Tres acknowledged her message. It felt as if her whole being had been sucked into this boy's mind, everything around her turned black, only to explode into a bright, sandy desert with her kneeling like she had been only moments before over Zeonis. The previous feeling of being nauseous came back ten times as strong, if she wasn't already on her knee's she was sure they would collapse underneath her. What surprised her the most was when the first spearmen jabbed her with the spearhead, the pain flourished where the tip ripped her flesh.

A pained gasp escaped her lungs, and as each spear continued to jab the pain grew more and more intense, Red would curl over and cover her head with her hands into a guarded position. Tears from the pain streamed from her crimson eyes, her whole frame shaking as she muffled back a few screams.

In the blink of an eye the woman was no longer cowering from the spears, the pain she had been feeling from the numerous stab wounds disappeared without warning. Everything was blue, she couldn't move her arms or legs for the life of her and she could see the light around her fading as the box fell deeper and deeper into the ocean depths.

The first thing on her mind to do was to panic, where the hell was she? Why was she chained inside of this box? The enclosed space started to cause her to hyperventilate, her lungs were burning as if she couldn't get the air to breath. She thrashed and pulled against the bindings but to no avail. Her arms being locked together sent her into a rather emotional flashback, vulnerability succumbing her mind for several moments before she willed herself to breath, stilled her mind, ignored the panic coming from her locked limbs. The few tears that had managed to fall from the small emotional shock dried against her flushed cheeks, causing her flesh to feel tight.

This wasn't real

The words floated through her mind, her eyes closing while she took a deep breath in. This wasn't real, this was only in her imagination brought on by whatever stress Zeonis was going through in his unconscious state. The transparent coffin floated into darkness, leaving her mind in blackness.

This wasn't real...

Deus Ex Aizen

Tres Ecstuffuan

count_zantara

Zeonis Mieriba

⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙There are secrets you may never know.....

Original Player

YummyBiscuits

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Fallen…
[]~O~[]

From the pile, to the door, Elianna had unleashed a nearly endless stream of banter at him; the displaced warrior's right eye beginning to twitch, while his free hand clenched into a fist. To his credit, he at least attempted to cut her off...

"Elianna...Eli...Woma-would you...Could you? I need time to..."

But she prattled on, and on, and on, and on...

Until, as they stood before the curious portal, she suggested making a copy of what was written overhead. Slash would suddenly pull her forward, and then redirect her body into the door; thumping Elianna's back against the strange surface, but not with sufficient force to harm the exuberant female. His opposite hand rose to clamp resolutely over her lips, and he brought his masked visage to bear...nearly flush against her own.

Their bodies close enough to share heat.

"...maybe we could take notes for later...Enough! This language...what has been written here...it is vile; unfit for the minds of mortals, and unclean beyond measure. I can not read it, but I have seen these symbols before. Whatever waits here-in is not something that you will wish to remember...Of that, I have no doubt."

He had not realized it at first, but he still held her hand in his own; slowly lowering his opposite palm from her face, and placing it against the semi-metalic door. Slash took the moment to meet Eli's gaze fully; his green eyes searching her own, and shimmering with reflected light.

"I am sorry...It is not my wish to frighten you, Elianna. You have no need to fear this darkness ahead; not so long as I am with you."

Already, he had begun resting some of his weight against the crude aperture; testing its construction, and resistance. If he could secure the way behind them, he would...If only to keep their assailants one-step behind.

Even if that meant locking them into realms unknown.

Scalar Warfare

count_zantara

Tres Ecstuffuan

Ice-Cold Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
Sigil, City of Doors - Guildhall Ward - Below the Ruins of the Mages' Guild

Underground - The Pit
The Beauty of Silence...

--------------------------------------------------

User Image

The transition from active to passive was palpable, her confidence wilting away before the masked alien as he pressed her to the cold metal. Back arched against the door, Elianna stared back at his artificially impassive face mutely, wide eyes a mirror of surprise, fear and... something else. His forcefulness, the rough hand across her mouth... they brought back strange memories, near lost to a persistent haze over her past she'd not yet been able to shake, but it made her uncomfortable.

She squirmed slightly, but remained quiet while he spoke, the staff relaxing momentarily in her grasp as she rested it on his shoulder. Though she searched for assurance, she'd not find it in his metal-veiled face, but only in his words. Her left hand slipped from his grasp, and, unbidden, her palm settled on his chest, the movement suddenly making her realize how close they truly were. She could feel his trousers brushing against her bare thigh, her arched feet flanking his left side for balance. A pinkish hue found itself to pale cheeks, and the starcaller looked at the man pleadingly, though she continued to say nothing.

Drawing up her right foot against the door, precious gold tapped on emotionless steel, as Elianna's hand pushed him gently but insistently back enough so that she could slip from his hold against the door. Like a shadow, she swept out, graceful fingers hooking around the man's belt sash as she took position beside him, practically fusing into an extension of his right arm for how closely her body melded to him. She glanced at him expectantly.

Slash had found himself an escort... or was it the other way around? It was difficult to tell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aetheric Essence

Active Spells:
[Daylight] - 5 ESS -
A basic technique that any that call themselves a magus can cast... amplified some by the unique powers of the [Staff of the Infinite]. In a simple evocation lasting one action, Elianna calls forth the natural light of a yellow sun to illuminate a spherical area of 100ft radius, centered on her staff at the time of casting but thereafter stationary. The sudden illumination can cause eyes adjusted or suited to the dark to be briefly dazzled, but other than specific weaknesses to such light (such as from certain types of undead), the light is not harsh and instead fills the affected area with a tangibly warm glow with no apparent source. The feeling of standing in the zone is akin to a warm spring day, with the afternoon sun bathing the body in warmth and light. The spell lasts for ten turns, then dissipates. Though casting this spell requires an action, the magic it calls forth is almost laughably insignificant, and does not cause stunted Aetheric Essence gain, allowing Elianna to continue recharging her reserves at the full 20 Essence per turn.
- Active - 5t remaining!

Tres Ecstuffuan

Slash Zinrai

count_zantara

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Fallen…
[]~O~[]

Slash was no stranger to beautiful women, or the lust of them. He honestly could not recall how many 'thankful' maidens he had saved, and bedded, in the second-half of his life; a pleasant side-effect of his chosen life-style, if such blessings were otherwise few. Despite that, as Elianna smoothly slipped from beneath him, the Wanderer could not help admitting...even if he did so internally...that she was of an entirely different breed.

Nothing from his experiences, or travels, could compare with the overt power of this woman's sexuality; a mixture of otherworldly splendor, and supernatural beauty, that left him flustered. As the star-sorceress wound herself into his side, pressing the full of her frame against his own, Slash would sigh...Absently running his fingers down the surface of the as yet unexplored door.

The battle over-head dislodging ever larger chunks of the ceiling, and shedding further light into the depths.

"Alright...Let us knock, and see who answers."

Again, the swordsman's eyes would begin to glow; the radiance shedding amaranthine light upon the strange metal, and predicting the visible arcs of power that passed from his hand. Slowly, deliberately, he imparted an electrical charge into the unopened portal; magnetizing the whole of it...

And then he changed the pole within himself...Generating like-forces that attempted to drive the door away, or at least pry it open.

-Creeeeeeak-

He'd stop, killing the flow for a moment, and then unleash another blast of energy; once more leaning hard against the object, and knocking it back just a bit further.

-Creeeeeeak-

Finally, with one more alternation of the current, Slash would give the blockade his strongest blow yet; opening the way for their passage, and revealing whatever might lay beyond.

Scalar Warfare

count_zantara

Tres Ecstuffuan

Desirable Genius

arrow The Guildhall

Lian stuffed a pack with small provisions and her child-like weapon of a slingshot and potion ammo for adventuring out into the city. She needed to scout out specific locations and she wanted to set up some of the cameras she had made. They were battery operated so they wouldn't last an eternity but it would be enough to give her some idea of what the UWP, Bravot and others were up to just from quick views. The cameras were triggered by motion to take five pictures every three seconds. She had another bag at her side that had a drill and the camera units. She carefully pushed out the boards that sealed the door and crawled out, placing them back as they were before venturing out into the city. She had enough small provisions to last her a day and a half in the city. Plenty of time to work out where she would put the cameras.

As she headed out of the Alley, the city had a faint haze in the streets from the kicked up dust. She could smell the torn up asphalt in the air and the smell of old, bloodied dirt. Along the streets she could see a few skittering remnants of people who were trying to escape and find shelter away from the combat. Lian moved into the direction of the chaos before something caught her attention a few alleys down from the clinic. There was a cluster of kids with backpacks, crouched down in the shadows as they were waiting for people to pass. Most likely, it was an orphan's gang. There were a few of them that ran around Sigil, most of them acting like guides around the city. Some were fairly safe and helpful...but cherub faces covered in soot were just as dangerous. Lian turned her attention back to heading toward the UWP headquarters when she bumped into something solid and fleshy. Whens he looked up, it was a boy that was large and sweaty. She scowled a bit, trying to walk around him but he grabbed her by the shoulder. "Hey kid, where ya' going? Don't you know there's a toll for going through here? What's in those bags?"He said, his thick fingers wrapping around the shoulder of the tank top she wore.

Lian narrowed her eyes up at him. "None of your business. Let me pass."She said, jerking her shoulder away only for the large kid to wave his other hand to summon the back-packed kids to surround them. Lian looked around at them. Mostly boys. The girls stayed in the alley as lookouts but the strongest of the boys were used as a means of muscle like the kid in front of her. The large child grabbed her by the front of her shirt and leaned in close.

"I don't think so. Pay the toll and just MAYBE we'll let you pass. Show us what's in your bags!"He bellowed, shaking her. Lian huffed, reaching down into her bag and rummaging around. He put her down while she went through it.

"You really want to know?"She said, frowning.The boy leaned closer. Seizing one of the sticky gel ammo, she grabbed it and threw it at him. The small ball exploded, spreading the gel across his eyes and nose. He reeled, screaming and trying to get it off but only succeeded in getting his hands stuck. The other boys started inching closer, their small wrapped fists bared and she got ready for a fight. She didn't want to fight them really...but she was a teacher at heart...so it was time to teach these brats a lesson on appearances. When they got closer, she started tossing them like they were nothing. As they hurled forward, she used their momentum and their weight to send them over her and flat on their backs or into another kid. She never let her bags off of her back. Tiny as she was, she had a better leverage against the ground and these larger boys were either thin or stalky. By the time the small group had charged around her, there were just two left and she stood, dusting her hands off. "An a** whooping. That's what is in my bag. You kids should know better than the pick on people."She said, moving away from the group.

"Hey wait!"One of the girls from the alleyway called, running over to her. Lian bared her fists, ready for more but the little human girl that approached her raised her hands up in surrender quickly. "I'm not going to attack you. I just want to say how cool that was! I didn't know someone so tiny can beat so many boys up. How did you do that? Can you teach us how to do it too?"The girl said, her eyes sparkling. The other girls from the alley joined her and nodded in eagerness. The boys who were either biting back tears or finishing dusting themselves off stood far as they could to keep away from her.

Lian frowned. "Self Defense is no joke...It's not like a magic coin trick adults will play, it's serious. It's to save your life or save someone else's. I may look like this, but an adult would have shown you no mercy and probably killed you if you jumped them."She said, sighing and crossing her arms. The little girls frowned but the one that approached her reached for Lian's hands, holding them. Lian's face reddened a little and she cleared her throat.

"Then can you show us how to protect ourselves from adults? Or other kids?"The girl begged.

"I guess...but in return you've got to do something for me. Who's the leader of your group? What's with the backpacks?"Lian asked. The girl giggled.

"Oogar, the first guy you took down with that sticky stuff is our leader...but it's Addler that's our brains for all this. The backpacks are so we can gather things we need. We've all been hiding here in the guildhall trying to survive...we've all lost our families from what's happened to Sigil."The girl said, pointing to a wiry looking kid that was one of the few kids left standing after Lian tossed the rest of them. He wore a school uniform jacket with the rest of his torn up clothes but when Lian stared at him, his face reddened. She summoned him with a wave of her hand.

Then she laid out her demands to the group.

Lian would let the small group of orphans stay with her at the clinic...provided they paid attention to their defense lessons and helped her with making potions and running errands around the city. She promised to pay them in food but also...a fair amount of gold for them to survive afterward when the city calmed down. It was only fair...if she had adults working for her, she would have done the same but these were children. Their income came from their parents and their parents were dead, missing or abandoned them for the sake of saving on the ration line. Lian made Addler leader and her right hand in the group while Carissa, the girl who approached her, helped her with keeping the clinic maintained and the chores divided out amongst the group. Oogar, the former leader, had been reserved to kitchen duty. Turns out the kid had been the son of a restaurant owner and knew quite a bit about cooking. The ten year old had skills with knife and pot that she would have never seen anywhere else. The orphans that worked for her were of a variety of species in Sigil...and she felt a motherliness again when she brought them into her hideout.

There was still the matter of the cameras. Lian wanted to take care of it herself but she would need someone to be her lookout. She knew if she was caught, then it would be game over. A kid would not survive an onslaught from an angry six-foot adult. Lian was working on transferring funds when Addler approached her. "Thank you...you know...for letting us stay with you. I think a lot of us are happy doing this stuff...How do you know so much about everything? Were you a genius kid in school?"Addler asked, running his small calloused fingers through his dusty brown hair. He was half-elf but still had more human traits than elven.

"You could say that...My life is...really weird right now...but before all these events happened, I was a good leader. At least I hoped I was...but then something happened and now I look like this."Lian shrugged but was very vague.

"Oh...I'm sorry it happened. You didn't always look like an elf with white hair?"Addler asked, and Lian shrugged again.

"I always have been...but I wasn't this short and this young. I'm technically old enough to be your great times ten grandmother..."Lian said and Addler's eyes nearly popped out his tiny head. Yet, she kept working.

"Whoa...I guess no one is really how they look in Sigil. It's no wonder you took down Oogar and the others so quickly. Why everyone listens to you...Do you ever think I'll be like that when I'm older?"Addler asked. Lian stopped typing. She didn't want to say 'only if you survive Sigil long enough' or anything cruel...but she smiled. Reaching over, she patted the thin shoulder of his uniform jacket.

"You've already started by helping all of these other kids. You can continue to help them and many more by being a good voice for them. That is great leadership material."She said, removing her hand and returning to her work. "Can you let everyone who's on the scavenging teams to also keep an eye out for any other kids who are looking for help? Even if they're not orphans, they need a safe place to stay and this is the safest right now."She said and Addler nodded.

"Thanks...I'll let them know."The half-elven boy nodded and hopped off the stool to inform the other children about Lian's extra duty for them. She sighed when he left, sitting alone at her desk. Other children were helping her take apart some scavenged equipment for the parts but while they quietly worked, she sat back and gazed half-lidded at the screen. Worse to worse...if she retired and got her old body back, maybe adopting a few hundred kids wouldn't be a bad idea...

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Lian Feaorne

User Image
Terrance Vanguard

“The only thing you’re going to get, is your s**t off of my property.” Terrance was never quite this cranky. He seemed well off however, his body was no longer a stringy mess, instead he seemed actually very well off. He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a bottle of mountain dew, the glass bottle seemingly already half empty. It was a bad habit that he was never able to kill, something about the nuclear white boy fuel as his friends would call it was sort of relaxing for his nerves. He sighed and cracked his neck slightly, he shifted slightly back as she began to walk forward.

“I’ve known her for a while yes, mostly she was sort of a mother to me, when I didn’t have one, we had our differences…” That was an understatement, the entire reason he had been in hiding was because of a difference, She tried to keep him away from Liger and attempted to tell him what was right. Both bad ideas and something that Terrance just didn’t allow at that moment in time, It was dumb of him of course and he found himself laughing at his childish mistakes.

Terrance help his control even after her compliment, His blush was only slightly visible, but that was habitual for him. “I can see your face you know…” He spoke calmly. His eyes glew a bright orange, The same color of his Steel Liger Visors. Of course seeing that his eyes was covered by his elongated dreads, it would be quite a problem to see where the glow was actually coming from. “Call it a part of my new metamorphosis.” He spoke with a grin as he heard her last comment. Lian giving up the lot, something was quite fishy about that. “I highly doubt that, and I also doubt that you are twins…” He spoke with a stern scowl.

Desirable Genius

Trexasle

arrow Lady of Rebirth's Temple/Underground Labs

Kalmuli chuckled. My hadn't he changed...She remembered fondly the day she met him but for her it was long, long ago in another time. She tilted her head and slipped her glasses back on her face at least. There were some physical differences between Kalmuli and Lian however. Kalmuli looked physically younger and stronger while Lian was starting to look like she was creeping at a snail's pace into her forties. Side by side, the differences could be seen more clearly but with the lack of a body just Kalmuli would do. "Come now. Considering my Elder Sister sort of adopted you into her brood, we're practically related now. You can call me Auntie Kalmuli if you'd like."She giggled and stretched.

She tutted, placing her hands on her hips and cocking her hip to the side. "Like I said. Elder Sister. She's older than me by at least several hundred years. I'm the youngest of her generation of the family. In reality, I might actually be closer to your age if I were human. We could have been bosom buddies."She said, bringing her hands to her chest and mushing her breasts up and together. They settled back down she released them, falling with gravity. "If you're worried about your labs underground, don't be. She left specific instructions for it to be left untouched. It was what she left to you in her will but considering that the manor she left no longer exists, the land deed still belongs to my family. Everything below ground is yours, above, the property of the Lady of Rebirth and the Feaorne Family."She said, gesturing to the temple that towered above them in a brilliance of wood and stone. Kalmuli settled back down, approaching him and standing closer in front of him with just a small smile on her rose-painted lips.

"Of course, your baby mama and offspring are welcome here too. There's space for them both as well...Unless there's something you're scared of with having people come here?"She said, reaching over and letting her fingers run through his tie to pull it from under the vest so she could run the length of her fingers over it, smirking and leaning a little closer. "Afraid Auntie Kalmuli is going to come downstairs and take advantage of you? My favorite flavor of lover is 'in a relationship' and quivering under me...."She teased, releasing his tie and stepping back.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff