11,375 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Partygoer 500
Tres Ecstuffuan

Deus ex Aizen

Red the Ambivalent

The Reader

Closer now, Jean could see the two in greater detail. He saw the little things about the women he was approaching, things that even a lover would have trouble bringing to mind. Astrella's skin was a pleasant brown, like leather that was almost daily rubbed down with wax - it had a sheen to it that seemed almost unnatural in the dull and hazy light, something Jean could in turn appreciate. Red's skin, on the other hand, was pale, like his own, but not to the deathly extreme he himself wore. They looked as if to some degree they adventured, and even better, just under the surface, they looked like killers, dyed in the wool, wolf wearing sheep's skin style murderers. He could smell that much in the air around them, the little hints of a hard life and little fears adding a sour note to the natural stink of their sweat. He smirked knowingly, outwardly appearing welcoming, deciding he'd made a good choice from the pickings around this area. Neither was to his preference, young, attractive, and fit as they both were, but beauty was something he couldn't help but find himself magnetized towards, and they'd more than do for the time being. He would cater his gait to appear as amiable and nonthreatening as he could, but could do nothing to erase the ease with which his steps came, one second appearing to float above the ground and the next dancing across bits of rubble.

"I'm Je-" He began to say, before he was interrupted by Tres arriving. He gave a sniff in reply, and his eyes narrowed before he had a chance to otherwise stop himself.

He listened in, ever the snoop, and picked up a few choice names. Red, he already knew the blonde girl's name. Ioun, a goddess of knowledge and wisdom, catered to and loved by wizards and their various ilk, if Jean remembered correctly. Kanzaki, an injured woman? Whatever her affliction, the trio seemed caught up on her whereabouts, leaving Jean's smile to to widen ever so slightly at the corners. Another name still, Astrella, the other woman. It would be most polite, he reflected, to keep his mouth shut, and ever a creature of cordiality, he was limited to just that, his hands flashing in front of his belt buckle to clasp ever so lightly. If they cared to notice, his hands were just as clean as the rest of him, the nails trimmed and straight with only the merest hint of a cuticle. The smile he put on, waiting for a drawn out moment while Red turned Tres aside with a hand, was anything but predatory, so unlike the usual.

Then energy flashed before Jean's eyes, and his immediate reflex was to pull away from the group - psionics, powerful at that, and twisting through the air like tentacles or wandering vines, before it latched onto something far off and focused itself. A quick step back, he was forced further away from them, and as if he knew it wasn't quite aimed in his direction, his eyes would narrow and his focus would shift, in tun his eyes dropping to Red and her madly working mind. He was curious, as he tended to be, and as a quick guess promised, he couldn't feel anything but the strongest emotions washing off of her and tainting not only her smell but her aura a worried and inflamed color, the rest was ever so curiously brought away from him, a sheer wall placed between them, and any attempt, he knew, would slide off like a hand trying to find purchase on a mirror. It was only when she fell, the strain of whatever had happened evident enough on her to bring her crashing down like a child after a sugar high. He was quick, even from almost five feet away, one hand catching her head before it smashed into the rocks underfoot and the other catching her behind the knee.

Like flies, he thought, dying when they've gone and wasted every bit of their energy.

He looked down then, remembering where he was and what he was attempting to do - if there were anyone around who could pierce the glamour which made him so magnetic, he knew his manner and his action had to fall back on something akin to vanity, where the first guess would lead to someone guessing he wore it for the sake of finding a match. In this case, he fell back on practiced lies, quickly pursing his lips and giving a look that might have been something like disappointment or maybe even trepidation. Before Astrella had the chance to point them all in some odd direction, looking for this Kanzaki character, he had to establish himself as best he could.

"I assume you're Mer Ecstuffuan. I've been sent to see you." He said, quickly, before letting his back straighten out. He gave a cursory glance to Astrella, a knowing glance passing between them and with it a quick smile that seemed at the surface simply polite, nothing more than a man who knew he was attractive letting a woman know that she hadn't gone ignored, at least not completely.

"My Lady."

He did his very best to hide any flashes of pain lancing through his flesh - he was a perfect actor as it stood - for Red's life force was already burning him through his clothes. The glamour did enough work to make sure it didn't taint his manner or anything else that would have been immediately visible. At the same time, he was purposefully careless in how he held Red, in the same instant that he had stopped her from braining herself on the pavement, he made no immediate move to check her condition or to otherwise voice a concern if he had any. It was not his place to worry, he knew, and that should translate over to the role he was playing, in this stage he was a messenger and someone who could, maybe, be trusted to help with a few passing worries, but a woman who had overexerted herself and passed out wouldn't ever be on his list. He pressed on gently, giving little room if any to reply.

"Lord Ursan sends his regards, he doesn't currently have the time to come himself." A lie, but a well veiled one. Jean would shift Red against his chest, feigning weakness if at all possible, meaning to enforce the image of a simple aide or something of the sort. "He assured me he will meet with you to talk about this... disaster."

Jean would bow his head, and then immediately indicate Red, held aloft in his arms in a way that was almost too similar to a father carrying a sleeping child from the couch and into bed. Underneath his clothes, he knew, his skin was blistering, bright and livid welts of irritated and steadily inflaming flesh. In the case of his peculiar compact, the touch was poison, like silver to a vampire or a multitude of heavy metals to your average man. He would shrug his shoulders casually, passing off any sudden insight towards him being uncomfortable as nothing more than a passing unease about being around the living rather than the dead.

"I've been told to provide what aid I can. Is there a hospital nearby?"

Business as usual.

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[!]The City of Ruins[!]
Simoratus...
[]~O~[]

[!] ~”Those who fight change are doomed to die, while those who accept it merely survive…”~[!]
User Image
Dithakar rose, shakily, from the debris; his normal, left, hand clutched tight to the cloth at his breast. The typically passive mendicant bore a scowl amongst the tangle of his beard, and seemed nearer to anger than he had been in a very long time.

What had he done?

Scanning the destruction, which admittedly had not been entirely of his doing, he could only guess at the approximate loss of life. However, as he tamped the butt of his staff firmly into the ruptured stones...and fought to keep his balance...the monk would hazard a glance at the crystal enclosed within his palm.

To the eye, it appeared as an uncut...but especially clear...quartz gem-stone; small enough to fit snugly in hand, and shivering with nearly undetectable vibrations. But, beneath its surface...in the spiritual view...it was aglow with star-like radiance!

Saturated with the combined, and cleansed, power of all the forces that had been brought to bear within the prism.

"Simoratus...Seed of the Divine."

If this jewel, this Simorat, existed then he was forced to assume that the other crystals had also been transformed; meaning that three such seeds existed. He did not have the means to protect them...he'd barely been able to stop his own shield from destroying Sigil...so that left him with only one choice.

Dithakar needed to find Tres.

[!] ~”…Only those who effect change, who lead it, may find prosperity.”~[!]

Tres Ecstuffuan

Shameless Cat

Tenkai Matsumoto
"But who was this person that ended up stranding you on the streets of Sigil? Are you trying to find your way back home?"

Sivak nodded as Tenkai rubbed his hair, cat ears would go nicely with the overly asian ensemble. Such as the robe, panda and wrapping their blades in cloth....

He didn't seem to carry a ranged weapon though, at least not openly. She knew that traditionally being good with a blade was an embarrassment for a samurai because that meant he was bad enough with a bow to let the enemy get close. That might be the reason for the denial. Or he could just be a guy that was REALLY into Japanese culture. Like a weea.... no. Don't think it. Then you won't be able to not say it.

Besides, if he want's to insist he's just a monk she could insist she's just a.... WAIT.

Sivaks eyes widened at the realization that by relocation she was literally free of most of the crap that had been irritating her personally for a long time. True, the world wasn't perfect but when it wasn't out to get you in particular random chance wasn't so bad. It just took a bone chilling 'this is how I die' moment.

"I honestly have no idea who was behind it. Never saw it coming. I'm sure I won't be missed."

The last time she was seriously injured one of the shining allies of justice had the decency to dump Sivaks leaking body on a couch before trotting back to her lab. The one with state of the art medical equipment. Shortly afterward one of the girl's teammates had spirited Sivak off the be resurrected. Without checking for vital signs first.

She was pretty sure her thought were having a serious impact on her expression but the former of the two still needed killing for other bullshit and had been damn near impossible to track down.

"There were a couple things I still wanted to do but that's life. Can't let something that inspires a homicidal eye twitch to run my life right? I.... think I want my life to take a turn for a lack of dealing with unreasonably unpleasant people."

Sivak sagged on the giant panda pillow, deflating slightly as she forced her cold rage down.

"Nah, I think once I've got some better direction than aimless drifter I'll be good here or somewhere else. I might not have left intentionally but I didn't like being who I was there anyways."

Desirable Genius

arrow The Lady of Rebirth Arises

Kalmuli had decided to return back to the Dark Swan to check on the Lady of Rebirth who slept in Bravot's suite. When she arrived, the Lady was sitting up and sitting on the edge of the bed looking down at her hands with a half-lidded trance. When Kalmuli arrived, her movements were slow and graceful just as intended. It was, after all, one of the many features the artificial soul was designed with as part of her movements and personality. Grace that rivaled Goddesses and gentleness. Kalmuli approached her, bringing her fingertips under the Lady's chin and inspecting her. The Lady's eyes were a much brighter and lighter blue than Lian's and the presence of the soul had revitalized the body to the point that now Kalmuli and Lian's body were near identical other than for the hair. It was sort of eerie touching your reflection, even if the souls weren't the same. Kalmuli smiled and the Lady stared. "I'm glad to see you're awake...How is it to be corporeal?"She asked, the Lady bringing her hand up slowly to Kalmuli's fingerless gloved hand and ran the pads of her fingers along it that were smooth as baby's skin.

"It is...so heavy...A physical body...and touch...I like touch...and sight...and being able to smell...You smell nice..."She said, her voice very soft and sweet.

Kalmuli chuckled. This was almost sickeningly sweet. She brought her hand up to pat the top of the Lady's head and the Lady smiled with being rewarded with a sense of touch. "That it is, M'Lady. Ah, but we have so much work to do...but before that..."Kalmuli held up a big bag. "I have a gift for you. You can't wander around out in the city with such an exposing attire."

The Lady looked down. Lian's full breasts filled the top of a leather and armor bustier that was usually kept hidden under the bolero of her mage's attire. That and her stomach was exposed, showing off the muscles developed over time that even with the Lady's changes, she had kept. Then there was the shape of the boots and the pants that were torn up from the fighting. The Lady looked up, her face reddening and she covered herself up with her hands. Kalmuli chuckled. "Not to worry, M'lady. I've got just the thing in this bag. We'll get you out of those clothes, bathed and dressed. How does that sound?"She grinned, reaching up and removing her hood.

"That sounds...very nice."She said, smiling softly. Kalmuli helped the Lady remove Lian's old garb and was prompt to burn them as soon as they were off. As for her wrist unit, Kalmuli unlatched it and tossed it on the bed. It was useful to have at least. A few tweaks and it would be hers to use. The bathtub filled on it's own once more, filling the room with the sweet scent of roses and the Lady slipped in with some help. It took getting used to the feel of legs. She walked like a newborn gazelle, wobbly even with Kalmuli's assistance and slipped into the bath. It felt good and warm. The Lady ran her fingers through the bubbling water, playing with the sensation known as 'wet' and 'watery', as Kalmuli explained to her. She got her hair scrubbed and her skin with some help until all the old dirt from fighting was gone and Kalmuli got her out of the bath to dry off and fluff her hair. The Lady didn't like the tugging sensation but kept quiet as Kalmuli brushed out her hair. Kalmuli dressed her in a garb that was pure white. A pair of harem pants that was covered by a tunic that had a sash around the middle, a cloak trimmed in lace and an additional veil in the cowl so you could only see her nose and lips. She ran her fingers over the fine fabric but reached to move the cowl back when Kalmuli stopped her.

"Keep it on unless you're alone or in conference with me. Only people you trust can see your face...and trust is difficult to earn in this city. You will find that out soon enough. Come, Lady of Rebirth...We must go."Kalmuli said, raising her hood back up and slipping her sunglasses back on.

"Go? Go to where?"The Lady asked, her hands disappearing under the cloak.

"To your new temple...We must go and form a place that will bring people in. Also, a fancy new temple is great advertising don't you think?"She said with a chuckle.

"Not new..."The Lady spoke, shaking her head with the lace fluttering about.

"Oh?"

"Old...Comforting...That is what I feel the temple should represent to people. It should be a comfort. A place they can go too where they don't feel rejected...a neutral ground for all to speak freely without judgement of their ails..."The Lady responded wisely. Kalmuli nodded. She was sticking to her designs. Good.

"And what is your overall goal?"Kalmuli pried.

"To heal the souls and minds of Sigil of course."She smiled and proceeded a head of Kalmuli toward the door so they could leave the Dark Swan and head toward the burnt remains of the Feaorne Manor.

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[!]The City of Ruins[!]
Depths...
[]~O~[]

[!] ~”Those who fight change are doomed to die, while those who accept it merely survive…”~[!]
User Image
The Cosmic Scholar hovered above his corner of the destruction; surveying the carnage, and was thus privy to a wider scope. Unlike the others, he felt little concern...or consideration...for what had transpired here.

This was the course of nature...An eternal struggle between life, and death.

Hilarion would hazard a glance over his robed shoulder; noting the roughly man-sized sinkhole that had crushed his manufactured tower, and swallowed the crystal it had protected. The ground must've given way beneath the combined weight of his own creation, and the forces that had been unleashed here-in. It was a shame, but the Ascended Master could not begin to understand the course of events set to unfold.

For, in the deepening darkness, a seed had been planted.

- - -

It tumbled into the depths, striking an outcropping of stone before rebounding further to a side. Each collision seemed to illicit a radiance from within; a glow that gradually faded between hits, and then flared once more to life. Further into the Torus it fell...Passing into the unknown shadows.

Eyes that had never seen the light of day now bore witness to a glimmering jewel; observing its descent from one layer of the under-works, to the next.

Finally, with a booming thud, the Simorat came crashing into the inside of Sigil's outermost wall; sending out a wave of ancient dust, and cratering the stone. It had, once more, erupted with a brilliant glow; its white light diminishing ever-so-slowly.

Here it would wait...

Lost, but -far- from alone.

[!] ~”…Only those who effect change, who lead it, may find prosperity.”~[!]

Ice-Cold Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
Sigil, City of Doors - Market Ward - Branzell's Boarding House and Tavern

= The House That Magic Built =
And That's All...

User Image

"The bureaucrats sure enjoy their paperwork." Fireside affirmed, partially to himself as he continued to ponder the slip in front of him. His short time amongst the wonders of modern technology, though not nearly as jarring as it might have been to others, still left him with many small nuances that baffled him. However, the relation to the war offices in Stormwind was not lost on the man... one might change the setting but implacable stuffed-heads were the same everywhere... and it was going to take some ingenuity and a fair bit of shopping to properly placate their expectations of their behavior.

His head shook vigorously, stirring from the momentary reverie that had overtaken his constantly working mind. Fireside stood as well, removing the pipe from his mouth and extending his right hand, grasping Malarn's firmly in his resolve. "On the morrow then. Winds speed you."

The leaf in his pipe sputtered, near spent. It was time to prepare.

Techpriest Enginseer

Ice-Cold Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Partygoer 500
Sigil, City of Doors - Guildhall Ward - Ruins of the Mages' Guild

Judgement of an Artificial God - Aftermath
She's Got That Invisible Touch...

--------------------------------------------------

User Image

The vivid azure of smooth silk shimmered coldly in the flickering flames around them, dimly glowing as it whipped up, caught in the wind, and draped over the fallen swordsman like the flag of the homeland, a sash by which his valor stood proof. Soft, tender fingers swept across his forehead and face, pushing away matted hair, tickled by the scrape of elegantly manicured nails, cream-frosted tips lingering for a moment on his cheek.

Staff tucked away behind the other arm, the sorceress knelt beside her patient with concern, the rough gravel digging painfully into her knees. Face hardening as she saw the others withdraw from the crater with nary a concern, her indignation welled strongly within, and she started, drawing up to go and reprimand the callous former Archmage and his aide... but glancing back at the man at her feet, she slumped back, resting a pale hand on his chest.

Now was not the time for such words. The price of arrogance still smoked about them, the fires of rage still burning unquenched. Unwitting and futile their efforts might have been, but nominally they were still allies... and the starcaller's position was already on unstable ground. Innocents had died for her uncaring burn for sudden vengeance, her own youthful arrogance, her assumptions. She could not let another death taint her legacy and stain her conscience, let alone one so hapless as he who fell between worlds in an act of supreme mercy.

Deep blue eyes focused on her self-appointed charge, pulling away the cloak and the fluttering banner of her loincloth to reveal the chiseled body underneath, clearly visible even through the shirt that clung to his raggedly breathing chest. Pearly whites clamped onto a full lower lip, though whether it was in concentration, concern, or the strange heat in her limbs, she wasn't sure. Trembling, her hand slipped under the fabric, coming to rest over his beating heart. Elianna was no doctor, but she'd seen a man revived like this once...

With a tremendous jolt, her own re-budding Essence curled from beneath her palm, seeping into the swordsman's flesh and electrifying it. A sensation she knew well... the fire of a thousand suns burning icy cold with the vacuum of the void... an assault on the senses that she could only withstand by virtue of her utter openness to the Staff... this was but a small taste of that cosmic power, that glowing golden helix grasping the heart for but a fraction of a second, a fleeting moment.

Her breath exhaled sharply in sympathy, her entire arm a-tingle with the effort, chest rising and falling with labored breath. Drained as she was herself, Elianna played with the border of sweet oblivion herself, mere conviction holding her amongst the conscious. Her deep eyes bored holes in him... he had to revive... for her, or for noone at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aetheric Essence
0 + 5 - 5 = 0!

Tres Ecstuffuan

Glory Sieg

Slash Zinrai

SpiritArcanis

count_zantara

On a rooftop near the Mage's Guild:

With Li and Kali.

A warm breeze jostled the long thin strands of Hitomi's hair, blowing stronger atop the building than on the ground. While the air was warm, it carried the stench of death and burnt ozone along with it. In the ether she could still feel the stirrings of magical energies. A great deal of which came from a woman with hair similar to hers, that floated over the ruined guild before them. Hitomi had noticed her as Li spoke about the men below. Though it was the name Dai that had brought her full attention back to him.

She and the woman weren't exactly acquainted, Hitomi running into her no more than a handful of times, but she knew her through Li. His first love she later discovered. It hadn't lasted long but neither did it end badly. They kept in contact for a while, until she suddenly disappeared. For a time the two of them parted ways as he searched for her and her children.

He had returned alone and with no news to share.

The brunette continued on without pause, as he always did, speaking further on the subject to forget the former. She was unphased. Azure eyes turned to him, listening intently while he spoke about the other man, the unfamiliar one. A man of the people, some kind of hero.

Tresondross. Li was right, she did know the type. The comment, while intended to be rude and probably off putting, actually inspired her.

Kali next to her made a strange gurgling sound in her throat before it turned into a bit of a growl. Hitomi ignored it. She and the creature shared a deep bond, both spiritual and mental. Thus, the creature was on most occasions capable of knowing her thoughts. Unlike Hitomi, the Phegan didn't share sentiments concerning those who couldn't help themselves. She was a true predator. One that found the young woman's urge to help all those around her to be a weakness and a nuisance.

Hitomi leaned forward, her hair falling like a curtain to shield her pale face as she looked for the man Li was speaking off. He stood amongst a group of people all gathered about to speak to him it seemed. She intended to be one of them.

Deft hands prepared to push her off of the rooftop when Li spoke again, pointing out a different man this time. Once again the woman had to strain her eyes to find whom she was looking for but she noticed him sitting on the edge of the large crater that was created during the battle. She recognized him immediately.

“That man,” Her voice raised in octave for a moment. “That is Thomas Bravot.” Before he could ask, she gestured towards a large television screen on a building a few blocks over. It's screen was cracked, a horizontal bolt running it's width, yet it still worked. Images of the recent disaster flashed across it, a number of images of Bravot here and there. Hitomi looked back to Li.

“He's apparently the one who stopped that 'God' or whatever it was.” Kali flapped her wings and let out a sound akin to laughter. Or as close to it as she could come. Hitomi smirked and reached over to run a small gloved hand along the creature's neck before she continued. “He's also the owner of the most powerful and vast fount of knowledge in the multiverse. A library of all things.” She said, slightly amused.

When the sorceress and Kali first appeared in Sigil they had somehow landed in the perimeter of the Bravot Company Library which was at the time under some sort of duress. Some of Bravot's men tracked her down and had question her about the incident. At the time she was still quite confused, her mind a haze from the jump. Thankfully the men had been polite, and one of them had even been kind enough to inform her of her whereabouts. She had wanted to thank Bravot for that and offer her help during that time. Surveying the landscape, she wished she had gotten to. She figured it wasn't too late.

A look of determination washed over her face as she turned from Kali. Her eyes lay on what remained of the Mage's Guild below and her hands once again moved to hold the edge of the rooftop. The muscles in her arms tightened. “I'm going to go talk to them.” And with that, she thrust herself forward into open air, plummeting down towards the Earth.

Li the Fox

Tres Ecstuffuan

count_zantara

Moblin Fodder's Comrade

Business Tycoon

[Sigil, City of Doors - Market Ward - Branzell's Boarding House and Tavern]

Malarn took the man's hands and returned the shake with a firm grip. "Best of luck friend, I will see you at the vault."

There was nothing left to discuss as Malarn held the pouch of Electrum to his side through his clothes to keep it from being lifted as he turned and left the establishment. All he needed to do now was turn the Electrum in for some actual cash, and get out of this miserable place once the job was done.

The idea of leaving Fireside high and dry crossed his mind, but he knew better than that. He knew that the chances of Fireside surviving a full scale alarm was quite likely, and Malarn had enough enemies in dark places. Having a psychopathic magus on his a** was the last thing he needed in his life right now.

~*~*~The Next Morning~*~*~

[Sigil, City of Doors - Market Ward - Snowfall Service Office]

Metallic wheels creaked and moaned against the sheet metal tracking of the overhead barn door as Andrew lifted it up to allow in the cool morning air. Motes of dust from inside of the small dock area were visible in the sunlight as the poor magical lighting the building utilized was quickly drowned out by the superior sun. Snowfall hated the idea of paying for electricity, so they stuck with magical means for lighting and processing information. During times such as this for the Legion every penny mattered on the books. The recent cuts of funding to several outlying locations had left many branches with barely any money to pay rent. Sigil's office was one of the worst hit and even after significant layoffs they were lucky to break even and remain secure.

So in the place of where the two backdoor guards used to stand with weapons at the ready outside were now two stacks of shipping palettes framing the outside of the door. The only three people left on the dock was the Dock Quartermaster Andrew and his two lackeys, who were busy looking over clipboards and cataloging what looked to be boxes filled with raw ores and materials for processing. They had swords on their sides in the event of an incident but the dock's back alley location off of an okay part of the city was never one for much incident.

Throughout the first few hours vendors started to show up, delivering and picking up various things. Vehicles of all kinds, people on foot, even a camel from somewhere showed up to do business. by the time Fireside would be arriving, there was a small line standing outside waiting to get in. Inside, Andrew was quickly checking passes and waving people through the right doors to where they needed to be. His helpers were busy loading the ore from earlier into a wagon while the driver bored them with a tale of his exploits back home.

The dock itself was elevated from street level to allow vehicles to line up flush with the back for easy loading. A single metal door with a ramp leading to it was where the line was formed for entry. Through the open barn door one could see that the shipping area was nothing more than a 20x20 cement floored room with a metal sheet roof, with several colored doors (blue, red, yellow) leading into the complex.
Scalar Warfare

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Name: Leontias Métaliene

Leon would find himself in a coffee shop, It seemed like mostly a quiet place, a few patrons were sitting down slowly sipping their coffee and talking but overall silent, minus the guitarist that sat on the stage. Leon clicked his tongue and tilted his head to the side. His playing was slow and uninspired The women surrounding him and the swooning of them told Leon all he needed to know about the man, He was a showoff pure and simple, While he didn’t see it musically, he found it similar to some stupid 14 year old showing off his parent’s pistol. Eventually, something was going to get shot in the neck. Leon couldn’t have that s**t, He pinched the bridge of his nose and proceeded to walk toward the boy. Yeah, that’s right, he thought of that cretin as a boy, because a man would play dat guitar with some ******** passion, play it like he meant it and truly make it a lethal weapon.

“What is this?” Leon asked with a Incredulous scowl. He picked up his guitar and sighed, what kind of instrument was this . It was a guitar certainly, but it had a hole In it, and the body was abnormally large. “What freak instrument is this, this is not a guitar!” Leon yelled, the boy quickly found his way away from the stage. Leon’s hands lifted in the air, lighting smashed through the window and onto it, revealing his guitar. What he called Rosalina was actually a Guitar with an axe shaped body. The Axe Part of the body was single edged giving Leon some breathing room to move his hands and not cut them. His foot slammed onto the stage staring at the kid with a grin. “And You’re playing all wrong, You’re supposed to play with INTENT, HEART, ******** CONVICTION!”

He then begins to play his hands floating across the fret with a crazed ferocity akin to a Lion Clawing and Gnawing at the coprse of it's dinner., He wasn’t exactly playing asong exactly as much as he was showing his dexterity. Then again he never intentionally played music, to him it was just a word he heard coming down to this planet. In his hand it was a weapon, Highlighted by the electricity that began to surround his axe, Bouncing off of the light fixture in the café and blowing them out. His hair was covering his face as he did this but he found himself better ignoring it, as it really didn’t distract him from his playing. The Boy was actually cowering at the sight, while his crowd of women seemed to be in awe of the sight that Leon was creating.

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[!]Sigil City :: Market Ward[!]
Black star…
[]~O~[]

[!] ~“Into the opera like moths to a flame…”~ [!]
User Image
Unbeknownst to Leon, or to any of his momentarily star-struck fans, another musician had heard his call; the roar, and hiss, of one beast to another.

Not that this had been the electrifying guitarist's intent, but Jak Savage...who halted mid-step, and turned to face the door...took it as such. A sly grin slowly bloomed over his face, and he could feel every hair rising along the breadth of his body. It was hard to tell which had caused the greater impact; that solo, or the charged particles that ran rampant through the air.

Discipline of a different sort held him in check, but only so long as it took Leon to conclude his work; vibrations still shivering the air even as Savage cleared his throat, and strode through the entry.

"Ahem...Cool."

One of the girls near-by happened to see him first, the rock-star's singular word filling her ears like sweet nectar...and her body with preternatural warmth. To her credit, she attempted to speak; drawing a breath deep down to try and warn the others...

Because she knew who this was, and felt as if she had always known.

In-Fame-Me :: Everybody knows Jak Savage. This ability is more or less a statement of fact, but his fame has become so wide-spread that it has granted him special powers.

Before the poor girl could so much as whimper, Jak reached forth with his left hand; digits outstretched to gently sweep the span of her supple chest, and then twist upward...Just -barely- gracing her chin with his infernally blessed finger-tips.

She fainted...immediately.

"This is a little something I've been working on..."

With a flourish, he brandished his Axe...an apt description, given its bladed sides...and gingerly adjusted his hands to the proper place.

Strumming once, and then finger-picking an acoustic riff that seemed to come from everywhere!

It was...honestly...enthralling; beautiful, and soul-wrenching all at once. He moved from one person, to the next; lavishing them in his shadowy gaze as his fingers danced upon the strings. He drummed a beat upon the aged wood, and tapped one foot as if keeping time...But it all came so effortlessly! Like he was not so much playing...as he was pulling the music out of their hearts.

Thrumming a custom rhythm for each, and every, living creature.

[!] ~”…Spellbind their senses to follow the hero!”~[!]

“Trexasle”

Ice-Cold Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Partygoer 500
Sigil, City of Doors - Market Ward - Snowfall Service Office

= The Acquisition =
Infiltrate, Annihilate...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A new day... a bright morning in the eternal twilight. Or something. Sigil never made much sense. Neither did these grey shorts, that were too tight about the crotch and too wide at the legholes. Paired with a button up shirt made of the most uncomfortable fabric ever to grace the middle aged wizard's skin, Fireside was practically clawing at the skin on his back and neck even as he trundled what had once been a wheelbarrow, now hastily turned handtruck, along the street, loaded with a grand total of three cardboard boxes he had salvaged from a dumpster and hastily re-taped into a semblance of operation.

The labels all read 'PURE-O FABRICATIONS', printed in neat boldface with a sharpie, followed by FRAGILE. Touches added at the recommendation of the local post office.... who had also considerately provided a nondescript uniform that now clung in strange ways to his form, the name tags carefully removed.

The pass, sitting folded in his left pocket, contained similar information, furthermore indicating that this particular deliveryman was named 'Travis Gonn' and that he was dropping off air-freshener samples. The disguise was complemented by some old, used alchemy containers the magus had filled with aromatic herbs and some oil... they didn't dispense worth a damn but they sure smelled nice.

He rolled up to the alley in question, dolly in hand and a small duffel slung under his arm with some random tools inside jingling about, seeing the line already stretching out of the loading dock, into the lot, and out to the street, and sighed, scratching at his collar furiously. The sooner he was done here... the better.

Techpriest Enginseer

Aged Gaian

Ground Zero

______A gale of emotion swept over his mind, centered on Red. The intensity of the wave stopped him in his tracks despite the fact that it held no physical force. Tres was a being of flesh but also of thought. His sensitivity to telepathy was known to Red and Tres knew it. His expression slipped, confusion and perhaps a little outrage was evident upon his face. He did not follow through with his attempted embrace after that.

______He glanced at Astrella when Red introduced her but he did not seem to care any more about her or the attendants that Bravot had sent along with them. Red was taken by Ertai and Tres had found out by now about the images broadcast throughout Sigil, that would implicate Bravot as being the man responsible for Ertai's...strangely sudden demise following the dramatic destruction that he levied on the area that he ran away from. Based on that, he guessed that the people who attended Red were with him.

"Thats where I was going...but I don't have time to give the librarians lackeys an audience with my personnel."

______As she reached up to grab his crystalline arm he continued speaking, guessing that Red was going to follow the memory of the telepathic signature to Track Raven's location. Tres wasn't a telepath, but he knew telepathy and he was a student of all the realms of psychic craft.

"The problem's not finding out where she went, its getting there quickly. She was taken to the most available hospital facilities at the nearest location, all it would take is a radio call to figure out exactly where she was taken but perhaps this way is faster. Go on..."

______His tone perhaps indicated he was somewhat bothered by the cold shoulder. Tres understood however that people dealt with things differently. He didn't know what Ertai had done to Red or said to her on their way to wherever Ertai finally confronted Bravot, but Tres saw Oblivion in Ertai's leavings, he could not imagine the horrors of capture. Tres was left with a desire to see the faces of those he cared about safe and to tend to the millions that he served. The thought kept him going despite the shock and terror that he had just experienced.

_______He did not step away when she came forward to cradle his face. The sensation of a telepath poking into his mind was very very uncomfortable. It was that similar visceral sensation when a doctor shoved a tube down your nose into your throat. It was at least with the gentle technique that Red applied more aggravating than painful. Tres stood stiffly as if he were fighting the urge the lash out at Red and strike her with the Isshouken, who's color shifted frequently creating an all together disturbing hue.

______The information that Red had apparently pieced together was injected directly into your mind. She hadn't shown any signs of the psychic manifestation wearing her down, but as soon as she broke contact with Tres's mind she stumbled backwards which was something he had experienced before when manifesting under extreme duress. It could be a sign of Psychic enervation, which was a potentially dangerous psychic phenomenon...not unlike a concussion in a football player who took too many hits. At least that is what Tres thought it was. So when Red stumbled backwards looking feint, Tres came forward staying close knowing what could follow. He did not yet know the man who approached, so naturally he acted defensively when Red simultaneously came forward to attempt to catch the falling girl. Jean was extremely quick, but Tres's reflexes had been honed by a decorated career as a professional fighter. This man was put against vampires, devils, and monsters of all variety on a regular basis. Besides...

Tres was closer

________So when Jean attempted to catch her, Tres would be in position to try to snatch her in his arms and place his body between Jean and Red. Both Tres and Jean moved so quickly that it would be difficult to follow save by keen eyes. Jean hadn't finished introducing himself, so naturally Tres didn't know who he was. Tres glared at him but beyond that, if there were no collisions or contest to the defensive measure he would allow the man to speak. It was clear that the heat of battle was still running through his silvery veins. Jean finally introduced himself, realizing clearly who the Main Man was. When Jean said he'd been sent, Tres snapped back;

"By who?!", and Jean answered

_______It was then that deathly pallid countenance made all the sense in the world. Ursan and this being must have been Undead. It was known in the occult lore that astral constructs, automaton beings forged of thought and ectoplasm, were resistant to the effects of the negative energy. Tres being, part idea himself felt this revulsion in his bones for their kind. It was a primal dislike. He didn't feel comfortable around them, unless like Kyle Baker he had some leverage on them. It showed on the expression on his face.

_______Though if Jean was undead, it certainly wasn't his image that was disturbing. The psion was not able to peer past the glamour active on the man and was affected by it despite his current mood. He was clean, professional looking and he had never seen an Undead thing look so pleasant. Tres would never have guessed that he was some sort of Undead, had he not said he represented the so called Golden Empire.

________Whatever his distaste at the fact that those undead monsters were in his back yard, they did seem to be under the control of a seemingly reasonable being. Tres would trust a litch before he would trust a devil or a Merchant. Lich's were the products of knowledge, however single minded. Ursan was a name that Tres was forced to respect. With a massive magic ritual the likes the psion had never seen before, the Lich managed to undo what not even he and 14 other heroes could...the destruction left in Kyle Bakers wake, swept away and tidied up into a golden city. He had to admit that It was a feat of legend.

________Such knowledge was to be respected by a child of Ioun. So when Jian spoke he listened, finding restraint when the urgency of the situation made him want to walk off and ignore the both of them.

"Yeah, there is. I'm gonna go from above...", Tres spoke as he adjusted Red over his shoulder.

"Men, report to the nearest Comm Station for orders. Jacee, you are in command.", Tres said to his Enforcers, ordering them to carry on without him.

_______The feat of strength was casual and perhaps easy to miss simply because of the gentle and quick motion of it. Red was a full grown woman, but he seemed to manipulate her in the air as if she were the size of a child with no apparent shifts in bodily leverage or balance that would be normally necessary to manipulate an unconscious human body. Tres hadn't seemed to realize he was doing it either. His men were apparently used to it, as they followed their orders, leaving Tres, Jean, Red, and Astrella.

"Can you fly or...something? We can talk on the go and we can get there faster since I know where it is by air and...I wouldn't want to keep 'her' from her 'Tracking' down below.", Tres said finally acknowledging the queens existence by dryly poking fun at her.

______Unlike Jean's courteous smile Tres had in fact not paid the queen much attention. He looked at her a couple of times, what man wouldn't, but besides that he hadn't really been listening while thought was being uploaded directly into his mind by a terribly powerful telepath. Red hadn't introduced her besides saying that she was looking for his General, Raven Kanzaki. She looked important, as important as any rich woman would. He assumed, knowing Red's association and likely she was someone related to Bravot. Tres wondered if Bravot had something to do with Raven vanishing. He didn't like the librarian close to Red and he did not like him close to Raven either.

"They are my men. Who are ya and why should I let you talk my people?'

_______He wasted no time, even as he spoke. His eyes would spark with a silvery light and the emerald third eye dot at the center of his head would pulse with green light. The display of psychic manifestation was not as subtle as his previous feat of strength. A pop of multicolored light burst into existence about fifty feet in the air. Moments passed and the prismatic light became fluid and soon hardened, stabilizing into a singular hue and shape. The object was finally a long crystalline cylinder, like a bar positioned parallel to the surface below. Amber light of the outlands made the ectoplasmic construct shimmer brilliantly.

Deus Ex Aizen

count_zantara

Red the Ambivalent

YummyBiscuits

Rune Slessiane's Husband

Fashionable Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Astrella Badrii'ya Kruiba
Ground Zero - The Hunt Continues

Red had met her limit and collapsed--only to be rescued by the handsome emissary and Astrella was utterly disgusted. Did no one know their own limits? Were they all just mindlessly stubborn? that had always been the problem with Raveena: never knowing when to quit. When Jean had prior addressed her she began to wonder who had the better manners?--the political face of the People or the infiltrating stranger? Red would slow down progress on her end and the trail was fading fast. Astrella had a decision to make and was on the verge of it when she caught the subtle shift in Tres' tone. Wheeling on the man, her grey eyes were stormy and angry as she closed the space between herself and the Main Man, a look of sheer malice on her visage,

"Queen Astrella Badrii'ya Kruiba of the former Kruidian Sovereignty; The only thing that may bring your Raven back." She sneered, finally answering his question as she stood less than a foot away. It was an impressive sight to see a woman dwarfed by his size bristling with a temper. After a pause she finally stepped back and turned away to walk several steps before talking, her temper boiled over and cooling off as it simmered, "I am here for my Husband and the Empress has him. I've been in this city for many cycles trying to locate her; I'm her reincarnation."

Neither the Main Man, the Psion, nor the stranger knew of the true threat that led her to this journey. The dire need to find Raveena, to find Raven. Astrella wanted to despise Raven for the plague she had brought upon them, the foul creatures that harassed their lands--searching for something. Hunting for someone. Led there by a carefully calculated design. Someone or thing was looking for Raven, and the Kruidian world was suffering because of it. It was a bold risk to seek the hub of the Multiverse, to track this so-called General, only to find her gone and Raveena instead. A risk to draw the harassment away and protect the people she was designed and deigned to serve. Her husband's infidelity was no longer her concern, he was the only rightful ruler to restore the Kruidian Empire to its rightful glory. Astrella resigned herself to being nothing more than a pretty accessory who had learned a thing or two about the world. Her usefulness was needed elsewhere. She had to escape Kruidia, return Gabriel to his world to bring order and bring Raven back before They arrived.

Red the Ambivalent
count_zantara
Tres Esctuffaun
Not Roen
YummyBiscuits
[/quoted]

Familiar Lunatic

Deus Ex Aizen
The Great Absolute
Iris Lunaria
YummyBiscuits
”Slash Zinrai”
Red the Ambivalent
Tres Ecstuffuan
'Not Roen”

The Rightous Men

Jerimiah and Anton

The two Bodyguards that Bravot had sent to follow Red and the strange female looked at each other with a knowling look that this 'new' assignment was going to be a freaking bore. Noticing Officer Verkath making their way to stop the duo from continuing their mission, Jerimiah peeled off to head in the direction of the female Rowena and the Crystal Prism that Bravot had said he wanted.

Meanwhile Anton removed his shades and flashed one of the most brilliant smiles imaginable to the UWP officer and nodded in the opposite direction as he headed for Red/Tresondros and the creepy as all hell Astrella.

”Bravot Security Detachment. Special Agent Anton.”

He replied in a very deep bass voice, with a slight accent to his Common that said it wasn't his first language. Tucking the shades in a inner pocket, he pulled out a very official looking id case with his divisions logo on it along with a picture ID. Flipping it to show the UWP officer, Anton closed it again and tucked it into his inner pocket.

We are here offering protection details for certain high profile individuals and artifacts, making sure that the Mage Guild isn't looted prematurely. Master Bravot has come down personally to oversee certain aspects and there are certain individuals that need to be questioned about this incident.

Certain...irregularities have come up.

MEANWHILE--Agent Jerimiah

Disappearing from Verkaths view behind a large pile of rubble, the Agent tilted his head slightly to the left as he listened to the soft moans of Rowena coming from under the target. Frowning slightly, he pulled a small pistol-like device from his underarm holster and looked up to the darkened rooftops nodding at a pair of shadows that had been following him since he'd broken off from his companion who was stalling.

And so he continued forward making noise to keep her distracted.

Rowena's only idea that something was wrong was a slight wind that blew across her back and the shifting downward of the wall as weight was applied to it. In that same motion, she'd feel a slap of a unique transdermal patch on the side of her neck that was a combination fentanyl-dervivitive mixed with that of Propofol injection which began to make her extremely woozy within seconds and would keep her out for a few hours, a gloved hand covering her mouth to stifle her screams. As the patch began to work, the single nin held her head as the remaining stayed in a overwatch position.

After making sure that she was down, the nin softly laid her head on the ground and took up her sword, the duo vanishing before Agent Jerimiah even made it around the rubble.

Shaking his head in amusement as he noticed the passed out female, Jerimiah made his way over to the Quartz-like prism and pulled out his phone, making a call to the group in that oddly melodious language from before. Soon after a group of crewman and a medic from the Library had come over and stabilized the female. As he lifted the device off of her seemingly easy and placed it on a dolly, Jerimiah made sure that she and the strange crystal now in a locked briefcase within the back of a covered truck heading out of the warzone within less than fifteen minutes.

BACK TO THE BEGINNING--Special Agent Anton

Looking up as the female known as Red collapsed almost in the arms of the man who called himself a 'Ambassador of Ursan' who was sideswiped out of the way by Tresondros, Anton was faced with the realization that he was slightly out of his depth. Frowning at that thought, Anton began to speak up as he noticed the look on Tresondros' face. Closing his perfect mouth, Special Agent Anton listened and followed, quite happy to just let things be as he followed the group, waiting for his companion Jerimiah to join them again as well as this UWP stooge to continue his line of questioning.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff