Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Cralala
New poll!
I started watching She's So Lovable and so far it is good! I am looking forward to watching Boarding House No.24.
I don't think I am fond with the lead actor/actress for My Spring Days; the age gap tho...

There's also a large age gap between the lead actor/actress in She's So Lovable, too. Krystal is 19 whereas Rain is 32.

Kawaii Kitten

Dramas watched: 77 (Mostly Korean)
Episodes: 1402
Days: 62.9

//says mydramalist lmao
Uuugh, just finished Surplus Princess. I'm disappointed with the ending 'cause everything was so rushed. Then again it was cut down to from 16 to 10 episodes. I knew who she was going to end up with by just reading the synopsis, but I was really hoping for a shocker since they had to cut it short. =( I read a comment on Viki that describes my disappointment perfectly.

"My heart broke for 2 reasons: first of all I was not expecting ep.10 to be the end. I am very upset that it was cut so short and because of that I feel like we didnt get a complete picture of how everything worked out. That really bothers me! Like the shower scene, how the heck did she get out? Where was the confession between Hani and Hyun Myeong about their feelings and about her secret? When did Si Kyeong found out her secret? And what happened to her in the end? Why did she disappear and where was she for a year? I hate unanswered questions! My 2nd heartbreak was for Si Kyeong. When he let Hani go you could really tell how much he loved her. I like Hyun Myeong but I dont think he needed her like Si Kyeong needed her. Si Kyeong said he had a lonely life and his disability isolated him even more. Hani brought laughter and warmth into his life. So watching him cry when he let her go really broke my heart. In the original mermaid story, the mermaid has the disability by losing her voice in order to be human. In this story by giving Si Kyeong the disability I thought the writers were intending Hani to be with Si Kyeong. So I was very disappointed when that did not happen. This drama had so much potential and Im upset that the ratings were not better because it really deserved a completed ending."

- comment by koshibunny7 on Viki

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Water_Crystal
Uuugh, just finished Surplus Princess. I'm disappointed with the ending 'cause everything was so rushed. Then again it was cut down to from 16 to 10 episodes. I knew who she was going to end up with by just reading the synopsis, but I was really hoping for a shocker since they had to cut it short. =( I read a comment on Viki that describes my disappointment perfectly.

"My heart broke for 2 reasons: first of all I was not expecting ep.10 to be the end. I am very upset that it was cut so short and because of that I feel like we didnt get a complete picture of how everything worked out. That really bothers me! Like the shower scene, how the heck did she get out? Where was the confession between Hani and Hyun Myeong about their feelings and about her secret? When did Si Kyeong found out her secret? And what happened to her in the end? Why did she disappear and where was she for a year? I hate unanswered questions! My 2nd heartbreak was for Si Kyeong. When he let Hani go you could really tell how much he loved her. I like Hyun Myeong but I dont think he needed her like Si Kyeong needed her. Si Kyeong said he had a lonely life and his disability isolated him even more. Hani brought laughter and warmth into his life. So watching him cry when he let her go really broke my heart. In the original mermaid story, the mermaid has the disability by losing her voice in order to be human. In this story by giving Si Kyeong the disability I thought the writers were intending Hani to be with Si Kyeong. So I was very disappointed when that did not happen. This drama had so much potential and Im upset that the ratings were not better because it really deserved a completed ending."

Agreed. The drama went rather well the first 9 episodes, but then in the 10th episode, it just went downhill. Like WTF was that at the end?

I think maybe Si Kyeong found out about her secret when he listened in on her and Witch Ahn's conversation? After all, the scene that followed afterward was Si Kyeong telling Ha Ni that he regretted not having recognized her earlier, and after she left him to go to Hyeong Myeong, he was seen taking out a piece of her scale and staring at it solemnly.

I think the reason why Ha Ni ended up with Hyeong Myeong instead of Si Kyeong is because her heart began to recognize all that Hyeong Myeong had done for her, like protecting her identity while pretending not to know about it. If you recall what Witch Ahn said to Ha Ni at the hospital, he said that love means making sacrifices for others. Also, you have to remember that Ha Ni must be the one to find true love in order for her to become human. It wouldn't have worked if she and Si Kyeong got together, but her heart has wavering feelings for Hyeong Myeong. And because her heart chose Hyeong Myeong over Si Kyeong, that's who her true love turned out to be in the end. The heart is a complex organ. xD

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Tomorrow's Cantabile came out today!

It's been a while since I watched the Jdrama version, but I thought they did a pretty good job for the first episode, especially with the messy apartment scene. I'm not sure how well Joo Won and Eun Kyung captured Chiaki and Nodame's characters, but I liked them.
Sakura Latte
Water_Crystal

Agreed. The drama went rather well the first 9 episodes, but then in the 10th episode, it just went downhill. Like WTF was that at the end?

I think maybe Si Kyeong found out about her secret when he listened in on her and Witch Ahn's conversation? After all, the scene that followed afterward was Si Kyeong telling Ha Ni that he regretted not having recognized her earlier, and after she left him to go to Hyeong Myeong, he was seen taking out a piece of her scale and staring at it solemnly.

I think the reason why Ha Ni ended up with Hyeong Myeong instead of Si Kyeong is because her heart began to recognize all that Hyeong Myeong had done for her, like protecting her identity while pretending not to know about it. If you recall what Witch Ahn said to Ha Ni at the hospital, he said that love means making sacrifices for others. Also, you have to remember that Ha Ni must be the one to find true love in order for her to become human. It wouldn't have worked if she and Si Kyeong got together, but her heart has wavering feelings for Hyeong Myeong. And because her heart chose Hyeong Myeong over Si Kyeong, that's who her true love turned out to be in the end. The heart is a complex organ. xD
Yeah, but I do feel like the love was a bit forced. I know it showed them quickly being all lovey and dovey, but I wish I got to see more of that. Also it made no sense that she disappeared and then reappeared at the very end. When she turned into bubbles, did that mean it wasn't really true love? And then the ending didn't tie in with what we saw as in the very first episode where she turns into bubbles while letting go of a hand.

I never finished the Jdrama version of Tomorrow's Cantabile, but I'm enjoying the Korean one so far. Maybe it's 'cause I have a not so secret crush on Joo Won. :'D
I'm enjoying Liar Game so much. Eeeee, the actors in it are so amazing and it's just starting. I can't wait till it gets into a full swing. :'D

Shy Gaian

Just finished the Night Watchman.
It was... I give it a 5/10

It reminded me of Inuyasha to be completely honest.
I watched for Jung Ill Woo mostly, but it really wasn't THAT bad. I just didn't like the whole 'love' concept of it. If it was for that and all the jealousy issues going on it would have actually be a great historical type drama.

But now I have nothing to watch which is proabably a good thing for school work and stuff. Currently waiting on Park Shin Hye's new drama, and then Lee Min Ho's new movie to come out. :3

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Right now I'm watching Misaeng and Yoona's Street :3
Waa The liar game is really good !! I wonder which version is better the japanese or the korean.
I'm currently watching the korean version.
I wish I was a very smart person like Teacher Ha, he can read people so well. It is a great skill to guess who is trying to betray you etc.
Currently I am watching Bad Guys, after the first episode I am basically hooked into it. I wish it is a little more than 11 episodes.

Friendly Friend

4,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
ninja ninja ninja
Ac_Vexatious
Currently I am watching Bad Guys, after the first episode I am basically hooked into it. I wish it is a little more than 11 episodes.
Waah, I totally know what you mean. It's just so badass, but has a really great story line so far. I really hope they don't mess it up. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff