Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rogue Pixels
a lot of those people that normally will be fired would play the race or gender card. Usually companies want to avoid a lawsuit and conflict so they just keep them on and suffer through it. This is the 8th mail person I have had to report for inappropriate handling of the mail. Pretty sure they think I'm over exasperating. The last guy didn't want to open the mail box door so he left all my bills and stuff on the trunk of my car. One gust of wind and my mail was all over the street. Second guy didn't want to deliver to the door for a package so he walked up to the mail box, saw the package wouldn't fit in the little "paper only" hole. Filled out the "I'm sorry we missed you" not and walked off without even coming to knock on the door. I watched him do this from the living room while I was vacuuming the rug. Another just drove passed the street and didn't even bother delivering the mail that day at all. Then a year ago, the mail man could not get off his phone long enough to make sure he was delivering the mail to the right house. For like a month we where getting mail for a house 4 streets over and our mail was being delivered to the house behind us. I now know my neighbors behind us are nudists.

Spooky Specter

12,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
Poison Breed
I hope you took pictures of the package as you received it. Hopefully they compensate you because that's seriously bullshit.
Bats and Babydolls
I don't have high hopes in it. The post office will come up with any excuse to not have to pay but make you pay for something.

But I did pay the shipping with a new one. And they said they are going to pack it extra carefully.

Eloquent Vampire

So I finally get to start at Spirit on Thursday. I think it's still the set up phase and the store isn't actually open yet, but either way, at least I'm getting started. I bet anything the official opening day is September 1st. The GM called me August 2nd and outright hired me, and then said she'd most likely get a hold of me later in the week with a location and start date. I never heard anything back, so I called her yesterday to get a status update on location and start time.

Apparently one of the assistant managers was supposed to have called me with that information, and never did. It was the same assistant manager last year that I was supposed to set up an interview with, and wasn't there when I showed up, so I interviewed with another manager. So apparently I have that sort of thing to look forward to again this year. She's a nice person, that assistant manager, but she seems really flaky and not super committed to her job.

The location is in the mall again, but the unit is half the size of the one last year. Which probably isn't so bad since only half of the usable space was retail floor and the other half was absolutely VACANT and not utilized back storage area. So maybe it'll just be better organized and utilized. I'm going to try really hard this year and do a good job, the GM seems to like me well enough and honestly, that matters more to me than what the assistant managers think.

I'll keep you guys posted with stories, pictures, maybe even coupon codes or sales offers and such.

LucidBatt's Partner

Lavish Pumpkin

18,125 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Rogue

Cheshire Scream
cat_ninja
Hi how's it going?

Spooky Specter

12,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
Cheshire Scream
cat_ninja
Hello. :3

LucidBatt's Partner

Lavish Pumpkin

18,125 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Bats and Babydolls
Cheshire Scream
cat_ninja
Hello. :3

oh hi there heart

LucidBatt's Partner

Lavish Pumpkin

18,125 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Rogue Pixels
Cheshire Scream
cat_ninja
Hi how's it going?

its alright. you? 3nodding
Package update:

Confronted post office, brought in package to show them. They said it was not their responsibility to replace or pay for damaged packages that where damaged in transit. The sender should have reinforced the package better then it was.

I hate to U.S postal service. Sometimes I actually hate my fellow Americans and their selfish attitudes.

On another note, I paid the 20 dollars shipping to get my replacement. Told them to pack it extremely secure since the last one was destroyed by our incompetent U.S postal service. They messaged me back with a laugh and said they would make sure it's extra secure.

Eloquent Vampire

Poison Breed
Package update:

Confronted post office, brought in package to show them. They said it was not their responsibility to replace or pay for damaged packages that where damaged in transit. The sender should have reinforced the package better then it was.

I hate to U.S postal service. Sometimes I actually hate my fellow Americans and their selfish attitudes.

On another note, I paid the 20 dollars shipping to get my replacement. Told them to pack it extremely secure since the last one was destroyed by our incompetent U.S postal service. They messaged me back with a laugh and said they would make sure it's extra secure.
Make sure to keep that email and print it if you have to again show it to the post office should anything happen a second time.

I'd say see if you can start going through a third party courier service, like UPS or FedEx instead of the postal service. It will probably cost you more shipping, but if USPS is so bad, I'd say try to avoid them at all costs from now on.

Spooky Specter

12,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
Poison Breed
Package update:

You do have the option of filing a complaint with the seller. They should pack it better, especially if they know their cargo is fragile and expensive!

Spooky Specter

12,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
Cheshire Scream
oh hi there heart
What's up?

Eloquent Vampire

First day at Spirit and I'm exhausted. The store was absolutely barren and empty when I walked in at 8am, but we had a total of 7 of us there (all girls), the district manager, and 4-5 temp guys to help us unload the trucks full of all of our set up materials. So we wait about 40 minutes, the truck shows up, and we get started.

Turns out it's 2 trucks with storage pods attach to them to start with, but we get unpacking anyway. It's all boxes of peg hooks, plywood dividers, pegboard walls, support stands, all the "hardware" we need. So that was plenty of work, takes us all about 2 hours to unload it and by then it's maybe 10-11am and already really hot out, then the the trucks take off. Then the DM tells us that a second pair of trucks is on it's way, so we can just hang out and rest a bit until then. 3 hours later they show up, and the process repeats. These two trucks are full of mostly pegboard walls, which weigh probably 150 pounds each, and it takes two of us to haul in each one since they're so large and cumbersome. And there's easily 50-70 of them in total.

So I'm super tired now. These things were a pain in the a** to carry, through the Z shaped back hallway that was the only way to get them into the store, and those truck containers were nothing but giant sweat boxes sitting out in the sun all day. But it was a good day, all the girls are really nice and easy going and easy to work with, so I'm really looking forward to all this. We should be open sometime next week. ^_^
Jagger-Wolf

Lol FedEx your funny. The last time I used them for international orders they held the package for a month when I paid for 2 day delivery because they "lost" the declarations.

Typically I use dhl but not all companies offer dhl. Ups is an okay service but, like dhl, not all companies use them.

Bats and Babydolls
they did pack it very carefully. It was practally immobilized in the box they had it in. The postal woman must have either thrown it, put it under a significantly heavy item or something like that. It would have taken a considerable amount of force to break glass as thick as a perfume bottle, wrapped in two layers of bubble wrap, immobilized with cardboard supports, in packaging box, wrapped 4 times in thick bubble wrap, wrapped in foam wrap put in direct center of a box completely filled with filler paper to immobilize the precious cargo to be delivered. It was crushed with force in some way by the postal worker. If the bottle broke before it was in the delivery truck, the perfume would have already been evacuated since perfume is alcohol based. Alcohol evaporates quickly once it's been spread out. The box wa a received dripping of perfume and was dry within 45 mins of me receiving it. So it was broken shortly before I received it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff