Hey look! We got a new poll!!

Yay!! 0.275 27.5% [ 22 ]
Booooo!! 0.0125 1.2% [ 1 ]
No. *boot to the head* Yes. 0.0875 8.8% [ 7 ]
Wait, this place is still alive!? 0.225 22.5% [ 18 ]
Cookies and gold for everybody! 0.4 40.0% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]

Timid Roisterer

Normally I scoff at people who get sad over celebrity deaths, now I feel a bit differently. Monty Oum, the creative mind behind RWBY and much of the recent Rooster Teeth fare passed away today and that....actually hit me a lot harder than I thought it might.

Jeering Codger

I guess spears just aren't as "cool" as swords.

Heart of Thorns had better not be ludicrously expensive. >.> I wants me some hawt revenant action!

Demonic Protector

7,525 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Nathan S. Cross
Normally I scoff at people who get sad over celebrity deaths, now I feel a bit differently. Monty Oum, the creative mind behind RWBY and much of the recent Rooster Teeth fare passed away today and that....actually hit me a lot harder than I thought it might.

Wait, Monty Oum died!?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! *cries* What will happen to RWBY?

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Evernote is a life-saver when it comes to world building and developing characters and such. Makes it much easier to organize research.

@Nemora: Oh gosh, I'm excited about the revenant profession too.
Apparently Rytlock Brimstone is a revenant. -swoons theatrically-

I would imagine it would cost less than the main game, at least?

Timid Roisterer

Tormented Sage
Nathan S. Cross

Wait, Monty Oum died!?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! *cries* What will happen to RWBY?

Severe allergic reaction to a routine medical test is what Rooster Teeth said. He went in ten days ago and that put him in a coma. He passed away Sunday.

Understandably, Rooster Teeth has said nothing of what is to come of his projects, but I strongly believe they'll continue them because that is what Monty would have wanted them to do. In fact, they basically shut down the company the entire day yesterday, but they released one podcast as a tribute to him because they knew he wouldn't want them to miss two in a row.

Devout Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Never been a RWBY fan.
Stopped halfway through episode two.
Red goes from being this confident bad a** red riding hood chick to some frightened girl concerned about standing out.
You don't...
Just...
You don't act with that much decisiveness without being confident in your skill, and in your self.

I don't like inconsistent characterization.

*straps on thick protective padding, namely pillows stolen from various mattresses around the R.I.C., as well as donning a Patriots football helmet*
I am prepared for your hate.

Timid Roisterer

No hate. I hear much the same from my girlfriend, RWBY isn't for everybody and we all have our own tastes.

Just the same, perhaps the opinion is a little inappropriately placed considering I was talking about the death of the man who made the show, rather than the show itself.

Devout Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
I meant no disrespect to the dearly departed, I only meant to steer the line of thought to something a little less... Ah, sensitive? Though the move was not well thought out... And perhaps a veiled attempt to provoke a renewed interest in the series... I am desperate for entertainment, and people seem to enjoy it.

At the moment, I am nearly through with Ghost Story.
Things and thoughts and conspiracies abound!
Spirits, Nazi wolves, psychic battlefields, and Vader's tie fighter!
Good good good good good stuff...

Timid Roisterer

To be fair to the opinion, even I notice it has some holes and I'm a decent sized fan. xD I think what the writers were trying to do initially was set up a really large series of over arcing plots early on, but the seasons aren't really long enough for it to work well and they keep dropping random characters in with little to no development.

Is Ghost Story a non-fiction-y type of thing?

Devout Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Ghost Story is the 12~ installment of The Dresden Files.
A series of supernatural mystery novels set in modern-ish Chicago.

Goodstuffs.

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Here is a tip: If you've ever been diagnosed with anything along the lines of asthma, don't go pushing garbage and recycling bins as tall as you are through six inch deep snow in 20 F weather. Especially don't breathe through your mouth while you do that.

I haven't really had asthma-like issues since I was nine or ten, but apparently the cold dry air combined with the physical exertion was enough to make me feel really not good. Wheezing, coughing, lightheadedness, that sort of thing. I was the only one home at the time, too. Exciting!

My lungs still feel kinda funny.

@Anon: Just wait 'til you get to Cold Days; it's even more exciting! All kinds of powerful entities, including Demonreach. I like Demonreach. Also, I seem to recall Rashid, the Gatekeeper, making an appearance.

Devout Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
You have my sympathies, Demi.
The asthma feel is known.
Plagued by it and pneumonia for the first couple of years of my life.

Some doctors had one mistaken an apparent mass in my lungs for cancer, they dug a little deeper and found it was only asthme...
Or pneumonia.
I dunno, it was before my cognizance had fully developed.

Point is, I had to stop my daily running before of the cold.
I do not like that fact.
Makes me lazy.

Also, Cold Days was a few books ago, so I'm familiar with Demonreach and the like.
I really like the Billygoats Gruff appearances, especially the donut.

Edit: Excuse my idiocy, and grave sin.
I had mistaken Cold Days for White Nights…
Currently maybe a third-ish the way through...
Finished Ghost Story, and I had to force myself not to jump straight into the next one so I could get some sleep.
Jim does not play fair when it comes to cliffhangers...

Timid Roisterer

Thin Mints aren't really all that thin...

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Just finished that B.P.R.D. omnibus I bought. I'm gonna have to order the next one now.

Also, I finally made a sylvari character in GW2. I've been wanting to for a while -- I love plant-based creatures -- but I'm one of those people who just has to have their characters' names fit in with canonical naming conventions. The sylvari mostly have Celtic-sounding names, and they don't use surnames, so I had a bit of trouble coming up with something appropriate that wasn't already taken.

tl;dr -- Demi's a great big nerd.

@Anon: I've actually never been officially diagnosed with asthma, as far as I know, but when I was little I was diagnosed with reactive airway disease, which is doctor-speak for an asthma-like condition that may or may not actually be asthma. I used an inhaler for a while.

But! My mom definitely has asthma, and I suffer from allergic rhinitis/hay fever and atopic dermatitis/eczema, which I guess are associated with asthma? When a person has all three it's called atopy. Given my little episode yesterday it seems reasonable to conclude that I might have mild exercise-induced asthma.

The one and only time I got the flu, I also ended up with pneumonia in both lungs.
I was living in mold hell at the time; that's probably why.

I think Small Favors is actually the one you're thinking of!
Don't feel too bad; I had to get up and flip through a couple of books to figure out which one the Gruffs were in. I really need to re-read those.

Jeering Codger

Know that feels. I spent at least an hour trying to think of a Charr name that fit the character limit. >o>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff