Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dude, some of your drafts I agree with, but it's still too early. I haven't seen anything on this, but I have a gut feeling your entire draft is going to be thrown for a loop. Why? Call it a hunch, but I can see the Rams trading for Campbell from the Skins, and then going after Suh with their first pick.
If they do that, the entire board will change, and I think it won't be announced until a day or so before the draft.
Campbell is a solid QB, just needs a solid system.
I've also learned to NEVER try to guess what Al Davis is going to do. He makes some choices that are absolutely insane.

EDIT: Update on Big Ben. Now, I don't find Jason a reliable source, and think he's a bit of an idiot. However, he presents an interesting scenario.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8178b2b1&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

If the Rams traded their number one pick to the Steelers, and got Ben, the Steelers would take Bradford, which is almost a given. Plus, as is noted, the Steelers can afford him, the Rams, not so much.
But...what would this do to the rest of the Draft?
AngelSlayer The Elder
Nefarious Soy
AngelSlayer The Elder
Nefarious Soy
Brandon Marshall in Miami makes me sad. I like him as a (fantasy) football player, and without a good QB in Miami he's sure to have a lackluster yea.

Could be the QB never had a stellar receiver. Ginn isn't a top flight receiver. A QB is crucial, obviously, but let's use Washington as an example. Without a top tier QB, they had a decent season, even though losing, but this season, with McNabb, I'd be surprised if they don't push for a playoff berth.
Miami? Bill Parcells is damn good at his job. He can spot a talented QB, and, if they aren't moving, then he knows the issue isn't the QB, it was a weak receiving corp. Remember, they have Ginn on the trading block.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe McNabb is a Redskin right?

And, as I said when that happened, it wasn't very smart of Philly to do so. Again, you've got an unproven commodity coming in to run your team. Don't get me wrong, Philly is by far one of my least favorite teams, but I'd have thought they'd unload Vick, rather than McNabb.

Oh man. I reread your post like 6 times and I must have skipped over the "let's use Washington as an example" part every time.
Nefarious Soy
AngelSlayer The Elder
Nefarious Soy
AngelSlayer The Elder
Nefarious Soy
Brandon Marshall in Miami makes me sad. I like him as a (fantasy) football player, and without a good QB in Miami he's sure to have a lackluster yea.

Could be the QB never had a stellar receiver. Ginn isn't a top flight receiver. A QB is crucial, obviously, but let's use Washington as an example. Without a top tier QB, they had a decent season, even though losing, but this season, with McNabb, I'd be surprised if they don't push for a playoff berth.
Miami? Bill Parcells is damn good at his job. He can spot a talented QB, and, if they aren't moving, then he knows the issue isn't the QB, it was a weak receiving corp. Remember, they have Ginn on the trading block.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe McNabb is a Redskin right?

And, as I said when that happened, it wasn't very smart of Philly to do so. Again, you've got an unproven commodity coming in to run your team. Don't get me wrong, Philly is by far one of my least favorite teams, but I'd have thought they'd unload Vick, rather than McNabb.

Oh man. I reread your post like 6 times and I must have skipped over the "let's use Washington as an example" part every time.

Different post. I actually posted on the trade of Donovan the same day it happened, and stated that I was shocked they traded Donovan. I also predicted the Eagles will not fare as well as Washington this year.
AngelSlayer The Elder
Dude, some of your drafts I agree with, but it's still too early. I haven't seen anything on this, but I have a gut feeling your entire draft is going to be thrown for a loop. Why? Call it a hunch, but I can see the Rams trading for Campbell from the Skins, and then going after Suh with their first pick.
If they do that, the entire board will change, and I think it won't be announced until a day or so before the draft.
I've also learned to NEVER try to guess what Al Davis is going to do. He makes some choices that are absolutely insane.

EDIT: Update on Big Ben. Now, I don't find Jason a reliable source, and think he's a bit of an idiot. However, he presents an interesting scenario.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8178b2b1&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

If the Rams traded their number one pick to the Steelers, and got Ben, the Steelers would take Bradford, which is almost a given. Plus, as is noted, the Steelers can afford him, the Rams, not so much.

I'd be surprised if the Steelers traded Roethlisberger. Don't think it will happen. One more incident and he's out, but I think he's kind of safe for now. He better stay clear of any more trouble, not only for the sake of being on the Steelers but also if he wants to stay in the NFL.
Dude-LAP
AngelSlayer The Elder

I'd be surprised if the Steelers traded Roethlisberger. Don't think it will happen. One more incident and he's out, but I think he's kind of safe for now. He better stay clear of any more trouble, not only for the sake of being on the Steelers but also if he wants to stay in the NFL.

As a Steeler fan I've never been more on the fence as a fan before than now.
Do I think a trade with Ben is likely? On one hand, no. He is in a sense "theirs" and a major face for the franchise. On the other hand, they're clearly not happy with the face he's displayed for them. Also...considering how fast Holmes was dealt away with little or no warning, and the fact there are rumblings of Ben being open for shoppers leads me to believe a trade is possible.

Now if Pittsburgh does trade with the Rams, I'd hope to god they don't take Bradford. The simple facts are, he had a major shoulder injury that kept him out of his senior year of college, the kind of injury you don't want a QB to have because it can happen again. If you do get him, you definately want a great pocket...something Pittsburgh lacks. Given how it seems Tomlin is pushing to move to the 4-3 defense, getting Suh would be far more preferrable. I'd rather see them take Suh then make sure to maneuver to get either Colt McCoy or Tony Pike. I don't trust Bradford's shoulder, we can all remember how fantastic the last Notre Dame QB was and Clausen wasn't even as good as him in college, and Tebow....guh.
Nassiral
Dude-LAP
AngelSlayer The Elder

As a Steeler fan I've never been more on the fence as a fan before than now.
Do I think a trade with Ben is likely? On one hand, no. He is in a sense "theirs" and a major face for the franchise. On the other hand, they're clearly not happy with the face he's displayed for them. Also...considering how fast Holmes was dealt away with little or no warning, and the fact there are rumblings of Ben being open for shoppers leads me to believe a trade is possible.

Now if Pittsburgh does trade with the Rams, I'd hope to god they don't take Bradford. The simple facts are, he had a major shoulder injury that kept him out of his senior year of college, the kind of injury you don't want a QB to have because it can happen again. If you do get him, you definately want a great pocket...something Pittsburgh lacks. Given how it seems Tomlin is pushing to move to the 4-3 defense, getting Suh would be far more preferrable. I'd rather see them take Suh then make sure to maneuver to get either Colt McCoy or Tony Pike. I don't trust Bradford's shoulder, we can all remember how fantastic the last Notre Dame QB was and Clausen wasn't even as good as him in college, and Tebow....guh.

First point, is to you and the Steeler fans, I haven't been discussing this to piss you guys off. I've been discussing it because, let's be real. This is major in the league.
Rooney held his press conference, and two hours later the police in Milledgeville released the affidavit of the victim.
I'm sure that pissed the Rooney's off, as well. Add to that the fact that the first cop on the scene has been fire? (You can call it forced to resign, it's the same thing.)
Why? Because he called the girl a ******** b***h and told her that was Ben and she'd never get a charge to stick to him. Did I mention Ben and the cop had photo's taken together?
I think a s**t storm is brewing. We'll wait and see. If I find those links on those articles again, I will post them.
I'm not mad about you wanting to discuss stuff. It is huge in the league, no doubt. What has pissed me off is Browns fans and anti-Steeler punks in my area that jumped on the bandwagon from the start of the accusations, calling him Rapesberger, trashing on him, etc...
I don't think the guy is totally guilt-free, but I don't believe he's guilty either. What happened was the result of the 20s age club scene. Both Ben and his crew and those sorority sisters were out to barhop and party, alcohol was involved, and something sexual happened that at least after the fact the girl wasn't ok with. It's not just Ben, this kind of stuff happens all the time everywhere. What I laugh about that no one is taking note of, the girl accusing him is 20...why the hell was she out in bars in the first place?

As far as Ben's buddies...without even reading more about them, I'll say that he'll be hanging with people that encourage the club/party nightlife and if they let him get into a situation like this they are no more mature than him. The fact cops are going out and partying stupid like that is...well...stupid. I hope they are investigated closely.
And the guy who told the girl no charge would stick? Yeah....stupid. THere's times you really should just shut your mouth. The most you should ever dare say in a situation like that is to remind her he is a milionaire and a cultural hero, and that to accuse him will drag her name through the mud and she could very well be unsatisfied when no charges are made and to think a little before deciding if she wants to accuse him and go through the circus. What he said though, bad.

I just want to see it all resolved one way or another.
Still more...

http://www.wpxi.com/news/22825091/detail.html

There's a ton of links at the bottom, all related to the story.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/15/ben-roethlisberger-sergeant-jerry-blash-officer-cop-quit-resign-milledgeville-police-rape-sexual-assault/

Again, more links at the bottom.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/10/big-bens-teammate-i-saw-nothing/

I realize this isn't exactly AP, but it seems the mainstream media sources are leaving out quite a few details.
Ginn goes to Frisco for a fifth round pick. I doubt it will have any impact on the draft, but it will have an impact on the 49ers return game. We'll see if Singletary can make Ginn into a viable receiver.
AngelSlayer The Elder
Ginn goes to Frisco for a fifth round pick. I doubt it will have any impact on the draft, but it will have an impact on the 49ers return game. We'll see if Singletary can make Ginn into a viable receiver.

That's going to be a good move for us! It will take some of the heat off of Micheal Crabtree and allow him to get open more! Plus he will be great to use on the return game!
JB1985
AngelSlayer The Elder

That's going to be a good move for us! It will take some of the heat off of Micheal Crabtree and allow him to get open more! Plus he will be great to use on the return game!

Ginn isn't going to do much for Crabtree. What he will do is finally give you a chance at a return game.
Dude-LAP
AngelSlayer The Elder

Yeah I agree I don't think the Steelers are trading there 2 time SB Champ.
The NFL Draft is only a few days away!

Hopefully McClain falls to us at #15. I'd still like to trade up to get him, but if he does fall, then this is my preferred mock for the Giants:

1 - Rolando McClain (MLB)
2 - Tyson Alualu (DT)
3 - Matt Tennant (OG/C)
4 - Ed Wang (OT)
5 - Deji Karim (RB/KR)
6 - Zoltan Mesko (P/K)
7 - Kavell Conner (SOLB)
BKLYN_22
Dude-LAP
AngelSlayer The Elder

Yeah I agree I don't think the Steelers are trading there 2 time SB Champ.

What I think you guys fail to realize is that in Pittsburgh, he's not really given any credit for SB40, because he didn't do jacksquat. 43, him and Santonio went and got the winning drive, yes. But he's not being held up on a pedastal as the guy that won two titles. We know the defense has been the true stregnth, and leaders on that D are the true champion makers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff