Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dannimon
Dude-LAP
Dannimon

This is the New Reality of Professional Sports. Glad you are learning it now instead of later in your life.

Look at me, I havent been to A Chicago Bears game in over 20 Years and a Cubs game in over 10 Years. These are two of the Worst teams in the history of their respective sports yet every season their tickets skyrocket to the point where even Bill Gates cant even afford them.

I say let the owners play with their money, they wont get any from me unless they actually try and win. But since they never will F*** them.

Yes. Let's all bend down and kiss the asses of the people at the top, instead of lobbying to try and change what's wrong with American sports right now. stare Similar opinions in the masses will generate a constructive outcome.

Hahahahaha......Oh Wait... you were being serious...

Trust Me, things are NEVER, I repeat, NEVER going to change. As long as teams make money through Television Contracts, Sponsorship Deals and Luxury Suite Seating, they are going to keep doing it until they find a new way to generate even more revenue.

Look at the BCS, theres allot of talk and pressure to change the system from what it is to a playoff system. Its all talk, its not going to change, its never going to change. You have to understand that professional sports are no longer Sports. Its a BUSINESS and the point of a business is to Make Money. if you cant afford the tickets to your favorite team, there will always be someone else ready and willing to make the purchase. So in reality, the true, blue collar fan is soooo 19th Century.

And I find it hard to believe that people who call themselves true fans will sit back and accept this radical change, without any complaints...
Great Monday night game between the Bears and Vikings. Overtime. In the sheer cold.
Dude-LAP
Great Monday night game between the Bears and Vikings. Overtime. In the sheer cold.
which led an stunning upset for the vikings they lost 36-30.
go ravens they can win
I Big Show I
Sedritz
The colts just lost. It's Caldwells fault. He took out our starters in the last quarter which makes no ******** sense. If he wanted to save the starters for the playoffs why not just keep them out for the whole game and lose that way. I think he wanted us to win at first but when we started to lose he gave up and figured we should just save their energy now. I think that's bullshit. Their goes our 14-0 winning streak for this season and our 23-0 regular season winning streak. So Caldwell saved our starters for one quarter, who cares. We just gave up our streak, let the Jet's into the playoffs, and most of all damaged the Colts morale and now we have to build it back up.
ughhh!!!!! mad what makes me mad is now my bro is gonna be all at me on this lost!

Yes, let's blindly pretend that the best defense in the NFL had nothing to do with your team losing going into the fourth quarter, that Manning had a very vanilla performance, that Wayne wasn't helping, and Clark hadn't managed much. Let's sweep under the rug your weak rushing game and not consider their lacking. Don't forget your defense failed to stop their running game, giving up 200 yards on the ground.
Don't cry like a baby because the starters got pulled. Cry because your team legit blew it's chance at perfection.
Nassiral
I Big Show I
Sedritz
The colts just lost. It's Caldwells fault. He took out our starters in the last quarter which makes no ******** sense. If he wanted to save the starters for the playoffs why not just keep them out for the whole game and lose that way. I think he wanted us to win at first but when we started to lose he gave up and figured we should just save their energy now. I think that's bullshit. Their goes our 14-0 winning streak for this season and our 23-0 regular season winning streak. So Caldwell saved our starters for one quarter, who cares. We just gave up our streak, let the Jet's into the playoffs, and most of all damaged the Colts morale and now we have to build it back up.
ughhh!!!!! mad what makes me mad is now my bro is gonna be all at me on this lost!

Yes, let's blindly pretend that the best defense in the NFL had nothing to do with your team losing going into the fourth quarter, that Manning had a very vanilla performance, that Wayne wasn't helping, and Clark hadn't managed much. Let's sweep under the rug your weak rushing game and not consider their lacking. Don't forget your defense failed to stop their running game, giving up 200 yards on the ground.
Don't cry like a baby because the starters got pulled. Cry because your team legit blew it's chance at perfection.

Not taking anything away from the Jets, who are a good team right now. But I honestly think that if all Colts starters played from start to finish, then they would still be undefeated.
someone in this guild posted that the vikings r one of the best teams in the nfl and i have to agree with that person i mean like since when was the last time the vikings went to the playoffs i don't even remember but now they have brett favre and he's been the leader other than percy harvin and jadrian peterson and including the defensive players the william bro. jared allen they have been rocking the league!!!!!!
Dude-LAP
Nassiral
I Big Show I
Sedritz

Not taking anything away from the Jets, who are a good team right now. But I honestly think that if all Colts starters played from start to finish, then they would still be undefeated.

I beg to differ. The Colts have barely been scratching out wins, and they were getting steadily outplayed. The Jets don't have a softer D like Jacksonville to just allow drives downfield for the win. They just plain lost.
9 of 14 for the week, not bad. Not what I wanted, obviously, but there were a few very shocking upsets. Steelers keep their hopes alive by some miracle, but it's too little too late. They need way too much help.
Giants self destructed. I mean, that was just shocking. The Colts, once they pulled their starters, pretty much handed it to the Jets. And to those stating the Jets were in it anyway? Get realistic. They may have been close, but once the starters on D and O were pulled? It was over.
One would also think someone my age would remember one critical rule. NEVER forget that NFC central games are NEVER walks. You always have to keep in mind that they love to play spoiler against all their divisional competition.
But once again, saying the Colts just plain lost is ignoring the obvious. Not saying they would have won anyway, but discounting Peyton Manning is like discounting Favre. And remember this, the ONLY reason the Vikes lost was a fumble that should never have happened.

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
BlueCollarJoe
And remember this, the ONLY reason the Vikes lost was a fumble that should never have happened.
What do you mean by that?

Adrian Peterson fumbles a lot. And it was a clean fumble. He didn't have full possession, and a defensive player recognized it and knocked the ball lose. Not only that, Cutler outplayed Favre the entire game, and the Bears overall outplayed the Biqueens.

Favre has a history of collapsing late in the year, and so do the Vikings. It's a beautifully perfect fit.
Virtual Rob
BlueCollarJoe
And remember this, the ONLY reason the Vikes lost was a fumble that should never have happened.

Adrian Peterson fumbles a lot. And it was a clean fumble. He didn't have full possession, and a defensive player recognized it and knocked the ball lose. Not only that, Cutler outplayed Favre the entire game, and the Bears overall outplayed the Biqueens.

Favre has a history of collapsing late in the year, and so do the Vikings. It's a beautifully perfect fit.

I mean Peterson knows better than to carry the ball like that when you've got someone chasing you. Nothing about it being a bad call.

Distinct Elder

So, how 'bout them Browns?
I'm really pleased with the way they've been playing lately. It's a shame it's so late in the season.

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
BlueCollarJoe
Virtual Rob
BlueCollarJoe

I mean Peterson knows better than to carry the ball like that when you've got someone chasing you. Nothing about it being a bad call.
He doesn't know any better than that. He thinks he's invincible, and he fumbles a lot.

2,500 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Come on COWBOYS! mrgreen
burning_eyes The best NFL team is the Bengals. ( This year they will be winning the Super Bowl xp ) burning_eyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff