Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sex is awesome.
With the right person.

Greedy Capitalist

My opinion about others doing it is, if you can take care of yourself and be responsible enough, then do it. If I am going to apply this to myself, I won't go for this, it is just that I don't like this thinking that I did it with different guys, I only want one (sex) partner in my lifetime.
I agree to pre-marital sex....however I believe the age you should have sex is in the late teens 17 or 18...ya' know? To behonest I'm 20 I've had sex when I was 16, did I enjoy it? You bet, did I do it all the time and was dumb about it like not wearing a condom? HELL NO!!!!
I was awair of all the concaquences I just hated the whole fact that everyone gets all up in your s**t about it....just play it safe wear a condom, pull out regardless of the condom, and pre-marital sex is fine by me. Even if I had a son and/or daughter I would tell them the same thing. I would be a little more protective of my daughter, but I would tell them about the protective aspects and tell them the age they are allowed to have sex. Why? It'll take what I think is called, "The Forbidden Fruit Asspect" out of the equation, so they won't be all like, "Yo' I gotta' get me some." instead they'll be more like, "I can have sex? Huh, interesting." and make them think about it more so they wouldn't act on impulse so much. Take what you will from this, if it sounds interesting tell me what you think neutral

Darkesu's Darling

I have no business in their bed room.
There is no right or wrong when it comes to sex. For some people, it's right. For others, it's wrong. No one really has any business in anyone else's sex life, unless they are asked into it. Just like no one has the right to be treated poorly if they have it, or if they don't. It's all about the individual.
As bad as it sounds, for girls, the more times you do it, the less attractive you become as a long-term partner. There's nothing wrong with premarital sex itself though.
I do not agree to it.

Dapper Dabbler

Yes. Sex is sex.

Wealthy Fatcat

Cogent Dream
As bad as it sounds, for girls, the more times you do it, the less attractive you become as a long-term partner. There's nothing wrong with premarital sex itself though.

Well this is pretty sexist.
********. YES.
Lady`Tikani
Cogent Dream

No. It's a statement, that as awful and as "sexist" as it sounds, is complete and utter truth.

Anthropologically, we, as a society, rank sex high on our priority list. Though, some of us tend to repress or not acknowledge it more than others. Men can sleep with lots of women in any amount of time and still be saught after as a potential life or long term partner. They have skills and knowledge that is desirable in the bedroom. Women, however, are still thought of as proper and to either have pre-marital sex a few times, or just as many times as the examle set of men, are shunned for being, as society deems, sluts, or easy. Not to mention that men constantly go for younger women, if not for or during midlife crisis, to carve another notch on their poll, so to speak.

Wealthy Fatcat

Witchling_Blaise
Lady`Tikani
Cogent Dream

No. It's a statement, that as awful and as "sexist" as it sounds, is complete and utter truth.

Anthropologically, we, as a society, rank sex high on our priority list. Though, some of us tend to repress or not acknowledge it more than others. Men can sleep with lots of women in any amount of time and still be saught after as a potential life or long term partner. They have skills and knowledge that is desirable in the bedroom. Women, however, are still thought of as proper and to either have pre-marital sex a few times, or just as many times as the examle set of men, are shunned for being, as society deems, sluts, or easy. Not to mention that men constantly go for younger women, if not for or during midlife crisis, to carve another notch on their poll, so to speak.

I have no idea where you got "anthropologically" from, but biologically (which is what I think you were going for) human beings do prioritize sex, just as every other species does. It's important to keep the species alive. If you prefer your life-long partner, male or female, to not have slept with many people, that's okay. However, do not say that men can do a thing that women can't do. Socially women are viewed as "easy" or "slutty," you are right. But that mindset is wrong. It's wrong to view two people differently over the same actions because they are of a different sex. Saying things like "Men sleep around because they want to 'carve another notch on their pole'" and that it is "complete and utter truth" that women are unattractive because they enjoy sex is bigoted and stupid. And reinforces sexism. So I would prefer if you didn't do that.
Lady`Tikani
Witchling_Blaise
Lady`Tikani
Cogent Dream

I have no idea where you got "anthropologically" from, but biologically (which is what I think you were going for) human beings do prioritize sex, just as every other species does. It's important to keep the species alive. If you prefer your life-long partner, male or female, to not have slept with many people, that's okay. However, do not say that men can do a thing that women can't do. Socially women are viewed as "easy" or "slutty," you are right. But that mindset is wrong. It's wrong to view two people differently over the same actions because they are of a different sex. Saying things like "Men sleep around because they want to 'carve another notch on their pole'" and that it is "complete and utter truth" that women are unattractive because they enjoy sex is bigoted and stupid. And reinforces sexism. So I would prefer if you didn't do that.

an·thro·pol·o·gy
   [an-thruh-pol-uh-jee]

noun
the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.

the study of human beings' similarity to and divergence from other animals.

the science of humans and their works.

Also called philosophical anthropology. the study of the nature and essence of humankind.

I have the term right. I can see where you got confused. That's okay. And, I'd like to ask, where in my post did I say that "woman are unattractive because they enjoy sex"? I am a woman. I LOVE sex. I've had many partners, male and female and I am coming from an UNBIASED opinion. This is a touchy subject, no doubt about it, but it's a question that deserves answers from EVERYONE who feels the need to supply one.

Also, I don't support, or reinforce, sexism, as you so kindly said. I am all about women kicking butt in things that men generally do. I'm working on my AS degree in Automotive Technology, thank you. I am all for women being empowered. I am just bringing to light how a learned mind should, in my opinion, respond: Logically.
Witchling_Blaise
Lady`Tikani
Cogent Dream

Thanks for a well thought out response. I'll just add on to the last point you made; a lot of men have a great sexual desire for deflowering a girl, and a lot of men also have a great distaste associated with knowing a girl has been with a lot of other partners. Purely in terms of desirable characteristics, a girl who has sex too often is cheapening her value in the eyes of men, and in the end, it's the man who's choosing in the situation. This isn't someone's fault or me being sexist, this is just how society works. Saying otherwise is like saying you're not allowed to like pretty shoes.

And that's ignoring the whole instinctive and evolutionary aspect of it.

Lady`Tikani

So in short, no it's not sexist. And yes, it does relate to anthropology as it deals with the human experience through physiology and evolution. This isn't saying "men can do something women can't", and thus it isn't sexist. What this says is beggers can't be choosers - if you want a man to be attracted to you, you have to cater yourself to the man's desires. No man desires a woman who sleeps around as a long-term partner, thus you are less attractive the more you do it. This is exactly the same as men who cater to women's desires when seeking a partner.

That's how it works - if you want someone to want you, you have to have characteristics the other person finds attractive. Men (in general) do not find women who have had sex with many men attractive for the purposes of a long-term commitment. The difference here is that men who have slept with many women are still found attractive by women because the issue is not as big a deal to women as it is to men. Women seek security because they are nest-builders. A man who has had many other sexual partners, but is a good potential father and provider will still be attractive. A woman who has had many other sexual partners will just be a turn off because there will always be other women that haven't.
Cogent Dream

Thanks for a well thought out response. I'll just add on to the last point you made; a lot of men have a great sexual desire for deflowering a girl, and a lot of mean also have a great distaste associated with knowing a girl has been with a lot of other partners. Purely in terms of desirable characteristics, a girl who has sex too often is cheapening her value in the eyes of men. This isn't someone's fault or me being sexist, this is just how society works. Saying otherwise is like saying you're not allowed to like pretty shoes.

And that's ignoring the whole instinctive and evolutionary aspect of it.

Lady`Tikani

So in short, no it's not sexist.

Thank you! That is very well put. That deserves a tip! Bravo.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff