Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Heckler

10,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ladybird Sauce

I'm curious though - how would you actively discourage something whilst also not making the people who do it anyway feel bad?
To be honest, I have no idea. It's one of those cultural things we're still trying to figure out. How do you discourage an action while discouraging crazy extremest from being cruel at the same time? That's the question of the century right there. One of those things we haven't been able to accomplish since the beginning of time because we're so set on the 'right vs. wrong' mentality. It's easy to see things in black and white. Truth is, most things are a variation of some sort of grey.
Give it a chance to leave! In the first place, shouldn't has sex involved. Even with condom or other precautious, there still 99% to get pregnant. It it so unfair to a life!
newwishes
Give it a chance to leave! In the first place, shouldn't has sex involved. Even with condom or other precautious, there still 99% to get pregnant. It it so unfair to a life!

What about a situation where it was felt that the condom may have been tampered with as a way of controling a failing relationship?

My sister had been dating this guy but things weren't going well and she was considering breaking up with him. Well in a last ditch effort to save the relationship sex became involved and the condom broke. She decided she would keep the baby and try to make things work with the boyfriend. Sadly after 5 years of trying things weren't improving and once again in that last moment before she confirmed her farewells, sex was involved and the condom broke again.

This time she didn't tell him she was pregnant as she was afraid he might use the baby to try and convince her to stay with him as what happened with my nephew. So this time she aborted the baby.
Alcestis-xx
There are moral issues with abortion

I have no moral issues with abortion.

Moral issues aren't global, some people have them, some don't. Why should some not be able to abort their child for whatever-the-hell reason they want because some people may disagree with it? Some people disagree with women going out in public while wearing stuff that doesn't completely cover their body. I don't see that affected every single person.

Tipsy Smoker

I'm pregnant atm and I have to say that no circumstance would persuade me to have an abortion.
If my baby dies, it will die naturally or through circumstances. I will not kill it.
If it has a mental illness, it will be dealt with.
Having no money is never an issue because adoption or government assistance is always an option.
I have been raped before and if I had gotten pregnant, still I would not abort it.
Currently, I'm in an abusive relationship with no penny to my name.
But still, I do not know the future and I don't feign to.
I'll use the cards dealt to me, not throw them away or keep running.

nextjune's King

Romantic Paradox

37,400 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
I believe you have the right to, whether or not you should is something else.
At 21 days it's considered alive. So any day before 21 days you aren't killing a human, right?
Also, there is a whole debate on "well murder is.." well I don't call it "murder" per say.
At that young stage, it has no emotion, it cannot determine what makes it happy nor what causes it pain.
It has no real memory, if any at all.
So if there was any pain before it "died", it wouldn't remember it, nor be intelligent enough to make a connection it was pain.
Either way, if a woman wants to abort a child she has the right to.

Aged Genius

myclubistheclub
Agent Cougar Draven
My Own Listener
Many of my friends disagree when it comes to opinions on abortion.

Would you abort a child if
you knew for certain it was going to be run over by a car before the age of 13 (18?)
Not relevant.
My Own Listener
you knew it was going to have autism
Not relevant.
My Own Listener
a very severe case of autism
Not relevant.
My Own Listener
if the father left and doesn't give child care
Not relevant.
My Own Listener
if it were the result of a rape
Not relevant.
My Own Listener
if you didn't have enough money.
Not relevant.

My Own Listener
Please answer, I want to see what other people think.

It's never not okay to abort. The fetus doesn't have rights, it isn't legally a person.

I disagree. Fetuses are still humans, and humans should not declare whether another human has life or not. Just because it isn't "legally" a human doesn't mean it's not a human. It's just like killing someone younger than you.

Excuse me if I believe in morals, I know some people don't.

Aww, it's cute. She thinks she's people.

I don't really have time for this shitty argument, but what the ********.

I never said fetuses aren't human, I said that they are not people. There is a difference.

And really? Abortion and child murder are nothing alike. Fetuses are not sentient. They have no ability to think and reason. At certain points it may be possible for them to feel pain, but that's...well, in my book that's irrelevant.

Also I love how you casually throw morals into this discussion as if it's at all relevant. PROTIP: It ain't. It was a nice try, though.

Aged Genius

myclubistheclub
Agent Cougar Draven
Aww, it's cute. She thinks she's people.

I don't really have time for this shitty argument, but what the ********.

I never said fetuses aren't human, I said that they are not people. There is a difference.

And really? Abortion and child murder are nothing alike. Fetuses are not sentient. They have no ability to think and reason. At certain points it may be possible for them to feel pain, but that's...well, in my book that's irrelevant.

Also I love how you casually throw morals into this discussion as if it's at all relevant. PROTIP: It ain't. It was a nice try, though.

So...Dogs are people? And yes, it is like murder, you're taking away someones life. And, if you don't have time for this "shitty" arguement, then how'd you reply. You call MY arguement shitty?

As for morals, yes, I did throw morals in, because they are relevant to the arguement. I'd love for you to ask me how, but since you don't have time you can't can you.

I'd say you're amusing, but really, you're not. But that's not why we're here.

And really, no, I have other things I'd rather be doing right now (marathon-watching Marble Hornets a fifth time sounds awesome right now), and to be honest I was going to pass, but the arrogance with which you responded made me, quite frankly, want to punch a kitten.

First of all. In no way is abortion murder. In. No. Way. Murder is, and I quote, "the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of another human". Now, there are three points here. It does distinguish "human", and fetuses are human. It's the other two points that scuttle the argument, though. "Malice aforethought" in this case refers to the intention of killing another being, and this one is questionable, but we don't need it to keep our argument solid, because the final one is the nail in the proverbial coffin. (I am mixing metaphors and do not give a [********]) Abortion is not unlawful. Therefore, it cannot be murder.

Second, no, dogs are not people. They don't have personhood. (More to the point, they are sentient but not sapient. Fetuses aren't even sentient.) That said, do I advocate going around killing dogs willy-nilly? Hell no, I don't.

Finally, do go ahead and enlighten me with your obviously superior morality. I'm sure you've seen so much more of the world than me and can educate me on things that you obviously know about that I don't.

Greedy Capitalist

IMO it is a no. No matter if the child will die at early age, no matter if the child do have a defect, no matter whatever the consequences are, you should protect, preserve and respect the life of any individual. If you conceive that there is a fetus, that fetus do has an identity/individuality, because our perception of a fetus is, that fetus is human being from a human.
Chahklet
I'm pregnant atm and I have to say that no circumstance would persuade me to have an abortion.
If my baby dies, it will die naturally or through circumstances. I will not kill it.
Having no money is never an issue because adoption or government assistance is always an option.
I have been raped before and if I had gotten pregnant, still I would not abort it.
So, you're really going to bring a child into the world even though you are in an unstable relationship? Do you know how traumatizing that is going to be to your kid?

Tipsy Smoker

MUSICAL ARTIST
Chahklet
So, you're really going to bring a child into the world even though you are in an unstable relationship? Do you know how traumatizing that is going to be to your kid?
Uhm, even I have been thru trauma but I'd rather be alive than dead. I'm grateful to be given a life for all the good. I never tell myself, "I wish I wasn't born."
Chahklet
MUSICAL ARTIST
Chahklet
Uhm, even I have been thru trauma but I'd rather be alive than dead. I'm grateful to be given a life for all the good. I never tell myself, "I wish I wasn't born."
That is based on your experience. If you have a child living in a home with a potential physical/emotional/sexual threat, its considered child abuse. I certainly wouldn't want my child in a situation like that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff