Welcome to Gaia! ::

I would abort a fetus no matter what right now i don't want to have a baby or be pregnant.

Aged Browser

7,675 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
infiniteeee
The only immoral issue concerning abortions is that people are trying to prevent access to abortions.

Thank you.

As a women I should have a right to say wither or not the fetus that grows inside of me should grow into a child. A fetus is not yet a baby. If I was pregnant, which I'm not- I would abort it. Why? I'm 21, still in college, I'm going to be in debt for quite a while from the school loans. I don't have time to raise a child properly.

If you don't have the money, if you aren't ready for a child. Don't have one. It's foolish to bring another child who isn't wanted into this earth, just to be brought to an adoption center, there is already enough kids there that want a family.

Also, if we didn't have abortions what would the women do who were raped? They didn't want that to begin with, so forcing them to go through with birth and the pregnancy? Rather harsh.

I personally believe also, no man has a right to say that a woman should be forced to have a child and not have the choice of abortion as an option. The fetus grows and matures into a baby, that comes out of us, I think the person it will come out of should have the choice if she wants to have it or not. I look at it this way, it's my body, if I don't want a fetus growing into a baby, then I should have the choice to get rid of the fetus.

I understand the logic that the fetus is a living thing, and that aborting it is "morally wrong". But if killing something that is living is "morally wrong" then how can we stand to eat. animals or plants? Their living too, how about bugs? How many bugs have you killed? We would in turn die if we actually stuck to no killing any living thing, we would starve to death. In that view point then, we are all murders ever single day of our lives. Please come up with a better argument then the fetus is a living thing.

My advice, stop trying to control others. Be in charge of yourself, practice safe sex. If you get pregnant, as a woman it is your choice what do.

I'm pro choice.
It's all about individual beliefs and respecting everyone's morals on this topic. You have to go with what you feel, not about what others' feel.
Remember, morals are relative and are not universally "right" or "wrong".
I would do nothing to harm a child. Abortion is not the same thing. A fetus is far less important than the well being and health of a human woman.

I would probably abort if I knew I would have a child with autism. That would be my absolute worst nightmare. I would definitely keep the fetus if I knew it was going to be an child prodigy. I would abort it if I knew it would kill hundreds of people. Thats the thing about not knowing the future though....

Cute Confectioner

15,075 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Abortions are induced miscarriages. An abortion will consequently have the same psychological and physiological affects on a woman that a miscarriage would.

Ideally, we wouldn't illegalize abortion, just nobody would actually do it.
Gods Receptionist
I personally believe its a personal decision and people too often concern themselves with other people's abortions, and preach to them.

Although, if you want my viewpoint, an unwanted child should not be forced into the world. This can lead to the child feeling inferior, distant, and inhibit their ability to form lasting relationships later in life.

And then for rape victims (which the majority are young, underaged women) should not have to bear the child of their rapist.

At the same time, I don't like the thought of killing something that hasn't been born yet. The moral issues make me create a sort of double standard.

It's a difficult question with no real answer.

This.
To say if something is okay or not is purely an opinion. So there's really no right or wrong answer here. Do YOU think it's okay?

Eloquent Bibliophile

MissMushuKitty
A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said: 'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together. So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?' She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.' The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.' She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request. Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms. The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child! 'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.' The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point. He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb.

-Just my personal opinion.

Two days later, the doctor woke up in a coffin. After a lot of banging on the lid and shouting, the lid was finally opened. To his surprise, it was the very same pregnant woman who he'd manipulated into not having an abortion. "Is something wrong?" she asked.

"Wrong? I was locked in a bloody coffin!"

"Well, of course," the woman said. "You see, I did some thinking after what you said to me the other day. I was at work at the undertakers, trying to think of a way to thank you, and wishing I worked somewhere where I could give you a freebie of some sort to express my gratitude. Then I realised that if there was no moral difference between killing an embryo with no self-awareness or higher brain function and killing a self-aware infant already babbling their first words, there was certainly no moral difference between burying a dead body and burying someone who was alive and aware. So I decided to give you a free funeral as a thank you."

(Also, carrying a pregnancy to term is more dangerous than having an abortion, so his logic didn't even make sense there.)
My Own Listener
So it only has rights once it's born?
A fetus is still a life.

Sperm are also life with the genetic code of human beings.
Yet guys kill so many of them each day.

Stop guys from masturbating for the morality of "life".

7,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
My Own Listener

Would you abort a child if
you knew for certain it was going to be run over by a car before the age of 13 (18?)
you knew it was going to have autism
a very severe case of autism
if the father left and doesn't give child care
if it were the result of a rape
if you didn't have enough money.

I think abortion is okay, I mean the though of killing a baby (ahem fetus) Isn't always the best, But it might be better than bringing it up in a cruel terrifying world

1.Yes
2.Yes
3.No
4.Yes
5.Hell yes
6.Yes, Maybe adoption...But then again doctor bills so, Yes

Kittenclysm's Datemate

Sparkly Autobiographer

15,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Bookworm 100
My Own Listener
Many of my friends disagree when it comes to opinions on abortion.

Would you abort a child if
you knew for certain it was going to be run over by a car before the age of 13 (18?)
you knew it was going to have autism
a very severe case of autism
if the father left and doesn't give child care
if it were the result of a rape
if you didn't have enough money.

Please answer, I want to see what other people think.

I wouldn't abort a child if it was going to be run over, have autism, had an uncaring father, or didn't have enough money.

Rape and severe autism, yes. My brother is autistic, but only mildly. I'm borderline. I know that severe cases of autism are very difficult to handle.
infiniteeee
The only immoral issue concerning abortions is that people are trying to prevent access to abortions.

i liek this reply.
MissMushuKitty
A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said: 'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together. So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?' She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.' The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.' She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request. Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms. The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child! 'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.' The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point. He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb.

-Just my personal opinion.

this storie is stupid and that dr is an asshoel.

theres a diffrance betwen a baby and a fetus. just becase a fetus is going to turn into a baby doesnt make abortoin the same as infantiside.
carl chicago
The only one that trips me up is the rape question. But you could always give the child up for adoption.

I guess I'm the silly kid who thinks that zygotes have souls.

i have soem advise for you:

they dont
Dugella
So the fetus can have rights, but the mother can't? What?

womin dont have any rights

there just incubaters who work for the men rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas